Official Playstation VR Deals and Discussion Thread

billyrox

CAGiversary!
Feedback
54 (100%)
Just starting a thread for deals for the Playstation VR. 

I picked up the Core bundle off Amazon and I'm looking for a cheap camera and move controllers.

I found that best buy has some cheap playstation 4 cameras on sale for 39.99 with free shipping.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-playstation-camera-for-playstation-4-black/8245153.p?skuId=8245153

If you all know any good deals for move controllers or launch games, let me know.

Until Dawn: Rush of Blood (PS VR) $15.99 via Amazon (Prime Price). https://www.amazon.c...heapassgam08-20

Last edited by a moderator:
Brickseek is very hit or miss. I went to one store that said they had 2 and bought both. I went to another store that said they had 2 and they had 0.

Brickseek was reporting 5 copies at my Walmart. I went there, looked through all the various sections with PS4 games (behind the glass, clearance, not-quite-clearance, somewhere in between, PSVR) and nada. I enlisted the help of two employees to look in the back, but still zip. They kept feeding me the same line that "Brickseek is always wrong," but 5 copies seems like a wide margin of error. In the end, I walked away with nothing. On top of that, I went to go look for Eagle Flight (which users on this thread have reported seeing at Walmart for $15-20) and it was regular price at $39.88.

I fucking hate Walmart so fucking much. Waste of time, gas and anti-anxiety medication.
They're showing me 5 copies about 30 miles away from me and I'm debating whether I should take off my second job today to go down there...

Walmart is a joke. Everything is YMMV all the time, basically. Pair that with the horrible customer service and general culture of the people walking around in there, and it adds up to one of those places I'd be happy with never setting foot in again for the rest of my life. Yet I always managed to get pulled back because they are all over the country and sometimes it feels like the only place you have to go.
lol this 1000%. Everytime I see anyone mention Walmart on here, I just ignore the rest of the post. I love saving money, but I also love my soul enough to avoid dealing with Walmart whenever I can.

What's the deal with the Walmarts that show "Limited Stock" on Brickseek but also show 0 as the quantity.

And how come some Walmarts don't even show up on the inventory checker?

What's the deal with the Robinsons game?  Last July, I tried to sell my Robinson's game here and nobody wanted it.  Now people are searching for it.  Was there an update or something that made it more playable and less vomit inducing?  Maybe I should list it for sale again.

What's the deal with the Robinsons game? Last July, I tried to sell my Robinson's game here and nobody wanted it. Now people are searching for it. Was there an update or something that made it more playable and less vomit inducing? Maybe I should list it for sale again.
Vomit aside, I think it's just supply/demand among the growing VR base and the fact that most companies don't care about pressing another 10k copies to appease new PSVR owners who prefer physical.

Vomit aside, I think it's just supply/demand among the growing VR base and the fact that most companies don't care about pressing another 10k copies to appease new PSVR owners who prefer physical.
I didn't consider that. I was hoping to hear they changed something so that I can actually play it again w/o getting nauseous. :)

What's the deal with the Robinsons game? Last July, I tried to sell my Robinson's game here and nobody wanted it. Now people are searching for it. Was there an update or something that made it more playable and less vomit inducing? Maybe I should list it for sale again.
I think it's more that this isn't a trade thread and retail copies are dwindling in numbers because nobody really wanted it until they were almost gone.

I think it's more that this isn't a trade thread and retail copies are dwindling in numbers because nobody really wanted it until they were almost gone.
I would be fine with the digital version if it ever dropped down in price from $49.99. $20 for a sealed copy at Walmart would have been ideal. Though I wasn't aware it made people sick, so I guess I'll keep that in mind. I also only got my VR set in December, so I'm pretty late to the party as is.

How much are you selling it for? (he asked, tentatively)

It and Job Simulator are the main two VR games that people seem to have a hard time finding for a decent price physically.

I fired up RE7 for the first time last night, and yeah, that was a waste of ~$17 or whatever it was around BF - no way am I going to be able to handle this. Even the VR calibration tutorial spooked me!

It and Job Simulator are the main two VR games that people seem to have a hard time finding for a decent price physically.
At least Job is available digitally for $20. I'm hoping when Vacation Simulator comes out later this year, they'll decide to bundle them together.

I fired up RE7 for the first time last night, and yeah, that was a waste of ~$17 or whatever it was around BF - no way am I going to be able to handle this. Even the VR calibration tutorial spooked me!
Heh, that's the thing about VR. You can't "leave the lights on" while you play. Luckily you still have the option to enjoy it the traditional way.

Try playing using the sound from the tv instead of the sound from the headphones. It makes a huge difference. The game is widely considered the best on the PSVR, it would be a shame to miss it completely.

If you absolutely can’t play the main game, you could still play the (free) expansion Not A Hero.You will miss out on a little story context, but it plays more like a regular shooter and isn’t scary. It’s still really fun though.

I booted up Driveclub VR on my new PS4 Pro last night for the first time. Played and didn't get the sweats. The graphics and resolution are noticeably cleaner. Now I finally need to finish Farpoint & RE7

Walmart is a joke. Everything is YMMV all the time, basically. Pair that with the horrible customer service and general culture of the people walking around in there, and it adds up to one of those places I'd be happy with never setting foot in again for the rest of my life. Yet I always managed to get pulled back because they are all over the country and sometimes it feels like the only place you have to go.
I really don't get the Walmart hate. I go there once or more every two weeks. and I never have any issues other than handicapped people running the registers and making things take forever. The people walking around in there are no different than the people at the local mall or anywhere else for that matter. Maybe it's a regional thing idk.

Try playing using the sound from the tv instead of the sound from the headphones. It makes a huge difference. The game is widely considered the best on the PSVR, it would be a shame to miss it completely.

If you absolutely can’t play the main game, you could still play the (free) expansion Not A Hero.You will miss out on a little story context, but it plays more like a regular shooter and isn’t scary. It’s still really fun though.
If you absolutely can't do it in VR, you can always play it on the TV with the lights on haha.

Thanks for the suggestions. I can’t get myself to try it without headphones or sans VR yet because they wouldn’t be the “definitive” ways to play, but I’m pretty sure I’ll cave in eventually. Until then I’ll try for a few minutes each night after work and get slightly farther each time; I got to the pickup truck at the very beginning of the game today! Tomorrow I may try opening one of its doors.

Thanks for the suggestions. I can’t get myself to try it without headphones or sans VR yet because they wouldn’t be the “definitive” ways to play, but I’m pretty sure I’ll cave in eventually. Until then I’ll try for a few minutes each night after work and get slightly farther each time; I got to the pickup truck at the very beginning of the game today! Tomorrow I may try opening one of its doors.
You are in the garage? Keep playing!

You are really doing yourself a disservice if you don't play it. I'm pretty close to the end (I think) and holy crap it's one of the most incredible games I've played. Without VR though I don't think it would be nearly as awesome. It's so immersive and freaky.

EDIT:

You also need to do it with headphones on. You're going to miss out on all of the directional sound if you don't. Man up!

Has anyone played Paranormal Activity:  The Lost Soul? It's on sale for $12 after GCU so I am thinking about getting it, but haven't heard anything about it. Looks decent though. 

You are really doing yourself a disservice if you don't play it. I'm pretty close to the end (I think) and holy crap it's one of the most incredible games I've played. Without VR though I don't think it would be nearly as awesome. It's so immersive and freaky.

EDIT:

You also need to do it with headphones on. You're going to miss out on all of the directional sound if you don't. Man up!

I got the VR recently as well as a few games, Eagle Flight and RE7. With the VR, do you always have to be standing? I've only played Playroom VR so far and it wanted me six feet from the camera. Having a 65in TV, my couch is way more than 6ft away. I can't imagine having long gaming sessions standing in the middle of the living room wrapped up on a leash.

I got the VR recently as well as a few games, Eagle Flight and RE7. With the VR, do you always have to be standing? I've only played Playroom VR so far and it wanted me six feet from the camera. Having a 65in TV, my couch is way more than 6ft away. I can't imagine having long gaming sessions standing in the middle of the living room wrapped up on a leash.
I play RE7 sitting down. I played for nearly 2 hours yesterday, broken up into 2 sessions.

Farpoint I play standing up. It feels way more natural to hold a gun standing up, plus the game is designed to play standing, as they ask you for your height when setting it up.

I've tried playing both games both ways. I guess what I'm trying to say is that it's game dependent and/or just a personal preference.

If a Walmart isn't showing up at all in Brickseek when searching for that Robinson game, is there any chance that store has the game or does that just mean there's no chance it is there?

Depends on the game. Most games you can play sitting or standing. A lot of people also get standard rolling computer chairs for VR too.

I still need to finish RE7 (attempting a playthrough in VR) and I prefer to play it standing, but I have played it sitting as well without any issues. Skyrim is another one prefer standing just because it works better with the motion controls that way. Same goes for DOOM VFR and Fairpoint too. Really any game that is motion control heavy I suggest standing for.

Depends on the game. Most games you can play sitting or standing. A lot of people also get standard rolling computer chairs for VR too.

I still need to finish RE7 (attempting a playthrough in VR) and I prefer to play it standing, but I have played it sitting as well without any issues. Skyrim is another one prefer standing just because it works better with the motion controls that way. Same goes for DOOM VFR and Fairpoint too. Really any game that is motion control heavy I suggest standing for.
So I have had the vr for a little bit now and have always sat. I am guessing if standing you have to rearrange your camera or try to place it on top of your tv correct? Like I said I have not tried standing but can the camera track you standing if it is normally placed to be around eye level while sitting? Just curious for the best options before I do some rearranging. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

I generally play sitting, with the exception of games that really require standing like Super Hot or Spark.

Btw, those of you who are new to PSVR, you NEED Super Hot. It’s amazing and easily in my top 3 PSVR games.

I'll grab Super Hot VR at the next sale it goes on.  I brought my PSVR to this game day my buddy had this past weekend and introduced 4 people to VR for the first time and they all loved it.  I'm sure they would enjoy Super Hot VR too so I'll have it for the next game day.

So I have had the vr for a little bit now and have always sat. I am guessing if standing you have to rearrange your camera or try to place it on top of your tv correct? Like I said I have not tried standing but can the camera track you standing if it is normally placed to be around eye level while sitting? Just curious for the best options before I do some rearranging. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
I keep my camera on top of my TV and adjust it depending on if I am standing or sitting. I prefer sitting, but games like Skyrim with the motion controls or Job Simulator really work best with room to move around.

I'll grab Super Hot VR at the next sale it goes on. I brought my PSVR to this game day my buddy had this past weekend and introduced 4 people to VR for the first time and they all loved it. I'm sure they would enjoy Super Hot VR too so I'll have it for the next game day.
I've been waiting for a good sale on Superhot VR since it came out on PSVR. I love the regular game and have it on my Xbox One, but I have not seen Superhot VR go on sale yet and if it has I definitely missed it.

The general way it works is that if you're playing with a DS4, you're probably fine sitting and if you're using Move controllers, you should probably be standing. It's not 100%, but you can figure out which works best when you're playing it.

Has anyone played Paranormal Activity: The Lost Soul? It's on sale for $12 after GCU so I am thinking about getting it, but haven't heard anything about it. Looks decent though.
I've made about three separate posts on this thread about the merits and drawbacks of the game, and if the search function weren't so shoddy on this site, I'd be able to quote them for you. I'll boil it down to my main points:

• Game is short (1-3 hours)
  • Controls are awkward (on Move; I haven't tried it with DS4)
  • There is one game-breaking bug (which I encountered in my first playthrough)
  • It's immersive and scary as hell (keep a separate change of shorts around)

For $12, I'd recommend it because I feel like it's close to going out of print. There are also two possible endings to achieve, but after that there's virtually no replayability factor (unless you're a masochist).

I've always sat down, but that's mostly because I play in a tight space and there isn't a lot of room to move around. There have been some games where you actually have to reach down to the ground, so that makes it a bit awkward. There are also specific games that ask you to stand, but I've made do by just sitting down and readjusting by holding 'Options.' It hasn't broken immersion for me because it's all in the mind.

I generally play sitting, with the exception of games that really require standing like Super Hot or Spark.

Btw, those of you who are new to PSVR, you NEED Super Hot. It’s amazing and easily in my top 3 PSVR games.
I've avoided Superhot thus far because I'm a graphics whore and it looks like an ugly game. Almost like something on the old Virtual Boy. I just can't get over the black/white/grey/red color palette, but I keep hearing good things about it (favorably compared to The Matrix), so I'll pick it up when it's cheap enough. I feel the same way about Rez Infinite, which is actually a pretty cool game, but so graphically simplistic.

As for Sparc, is that anything like Danger Ball for VR Worlds?

I've made about three separate posts on this thread about the merits and drawbacks of the game, and if the search function weren't so shoddy on this site, I'd be able to quote them for you. I'll boil it down to my main points:

• Game is short (1-3 hours)
  • Controls are awkward (on Move; I haven't tried it with DS4)
  • There is one game-breaking bug (which I encountered in my first playthrough)
  • It's immersive and scary as hell (keep a separate change of shorts around)

For $12, I'd recommend it because I feel like it's close to going out of print. There are also two possible endings to achieve, but after that there's virtually no replayability factor (unless you're a masochist).

I've always sat down, but that's mostly because I play in a tight space and there isn't a lot of room to move around. There have been some games where you actually have to reach down to the ground, so that makes it a bit awkward. There are also specific games that ask you to stand, but I've made do by just sitting down and readjusting by holding 'Options.' It hasn't broken immersion for me because it's all in the mind.

I've avoided Superhot thus far because I'm a graphics whore and it looks like an ugly game. Almost like something on the old Virtual Boy. I just can't get over the black/white/grey/red color palette, but I keep hearing good things about it (favorably compared to The Matrix), so I'll pick it up when it's cheap enough. I feel the same way about Rez Infinite, which is actually a pretty cool game, but so graphically simplistic.

Thanks for the info! I went ahead and ordered the game based on your recommendation and the fact that it is only $12. I also ordered a Power A PSVR Storage Case for $9.99, been meaning to get something to keep my headset in for awhile now.

Going to hit up the ol' Best Buy after work and pick these up and also cancel my in-store pick up for Raymen Legends on Switch, decided I don't need that one at least not yet......

I've been waiting for a good sale on Superhot VR since it came out on PSVR. I love the regular game and have it on my Xbox One, but I have not seen Superhot VR go on sale yet and if it has I definitely missed it.
It was $19.99 at one point in the past month or so.

Superhot looks amazing, so I guess I'll have to pity your inability to recognize great art styles.

The general way it works is that if you're playing with a DS4, you're probably fine sitting and if you're using Move controllers, you should probably be standing. It's not 100%, but you can figure out which works best when you're playing it.

Thank you Tanuki, and everyone for their replies.

What type of play through would you recommend in RE7 for the first time? I hear how amazing it is on VR, though I'd prefer it much more on a 65in TV. Though I feel the 'jump factor' would be ruined if I played a second time in VR since I know where everything happens then.

It was $19.99 at one point in the past month or so.
Damn! Would have bought it at that price too! Looks like I will have to wait until it goes on sale again. I've got a ton of stuff I need to play on my PSVR now though, just never enough time to immerse myself in VR for more than a few hours if I am lucky. Lately, I have been sticking to games I can walk away from for a bit and do stuff like cook dinner (not ideal to do this while in VR).

Yeah I didn't get it for that same reason.  I still haven't finished RE7 (I think I'm close) and then have Paranormal Activity to scare through.  And I got Doom VFR for $20 and Farpoint the other day, so now I have 2 other games to play.  And Moss comes out next month and I'm getting that day 1.

Too many games as is and too little time lol.

Damn! Would have bought it at that price too! Looks like I will have to wait until it goes on sale again. I've got a ton of stuff I need to play on my PSVR now though, just never enough time to immerse myself in VR for more than a few hours if I am lucky. Lately, I have been sticking to games I can walk away from for a bit and do stuff like cook dinner (not ideal to do this while in VR).
It was never $20 in the last month. Only time it was on sale was pre-order/launch week. I had been holding out for it to drop to a more reasonable price, and ended up getting it on Christmas with a 20% off coupon someone kindly passed along to me, only because I was bringing my PSVR to my aunt's on Christmas and my cousin wanted to play it. I'd have definitely noticed if it had fallen naturally since then.

Why wouldn't you have PS+ though?
I don't play games online. The only game I've played in recent years is GTA Online, and I eventually got sick of that.

I'm never interested in any of the "free" games.

And until PSVR came out, I always bought disc versions of games so any store sales were meaningless to me.

I reupped PS+ for SF5 last February but Capcom has ruined that game since they refuse to fix the netcode.  I also planned to use it for Everybody's Golf but that game is complete and utter shit as well.  Once my PS+ expires in February I do not plan on getting it again.

I reupped PS+ for SF5 last February but Capcom has ruined that game since they refuse to fix the netcode. I also planned to use it for Everybody's Golf but that game is complete and utter shit as well. Once my PS+ expires in February I do not plan on getting it again.
Just to ask. Why you didn't like everybody's golf?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Just to ask. Why you didn't like everybody's golf?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
It's just a terrible game. The online is crap, the single player is crap, and then once you beat it and unlock custom clubs, you realize how much more crap it is. The create a player is also stupid as is the way you level up. Basically in the end everyone is maxed out with the same stats, and the way you level up is terrible as well and such a grind.

For instance, the way you level up a club's control stat is by landing on the green with that club. So in order to level up a driver's control, you have to land on the green. Think about how stupid that is.

And the whole "open world" thing is pointless and ads nothing. And in order to build custom clubs, you have to basically search the golf courses to find gems. And I think you can find like 10 or something a day, and it takes 120 gems to make a pair of custom clubs. Oh, and the custom clubs are all completely random as to what their stats are. Oh, and the clubs also break after not much usage, I think like 5-6 rounds, so you have to grind more gems again to build more. Oh, and if you don't feel like grinding, you can conveniently buy gems with real money.

There is a laundry list of why the game is terrible. You can google and read forums about it.

It's just a terrible game. The online is crap, the single player is crap, and then once you beat it and unlock custom clubs, you realize how much more crap it is. The create a player is also stupid as is the way you level up. Basically in the end everyone is maxed out with the same stats, and the way you level up is terrible as well and such a grind.

For instance, the way you level up a club's control stat is by landing on the green with that club. So in order to level up a driver's control, you have to land on the green. Think about how stupid that is.

And the whole "open world" thing is pointless and ads nothing. And in order to build custom clubs, you have to basically search the golf courses to find gems. And I think you can find like 10 or something a day, and it takes 120 gems to make a pair of custom clubs. Oh, and the custom clubs are all completely random as to what their stats are. Oh, and the clubs also break after not much usage, I think like 5-6 rounds, so you have to grind more gems again to build more. Oh, and if you don't feel like grinding, you can conveniently buy gems with real money.

There is a laundry list of why the game is terrible. You can google and read forums about it.
Yet, it has a 78% score on Metacritic.

Still find the gameplay loop of the "Everybody Golf/Hot Shot Golf" series really addicting.  Turns golf into an accessible action/puzzle/rhythm game.  Find it rather meditative.  The PS4 version is probably my go to game to zone out to and relax while playing over the past year.  A lot of times I use it as a warm up before playing other games...

I actually love throwing on a podcast or some of my own music to listen to while playing a couple rounds in EG.

But then again I got the game for $20, and I could care less about the online/multiplayer modes.

Yet, it has a 78% score on Metacritic.
What's your point? He asked me for my opinion on why it sucks and I gave it. As I said, go read any forums full of people who loved the previous iterations and they will tell you how awful it is.

The best one was part 5 IMO and this is nowhere close to it. This version has absolutely no charm due to having all create-a-characters with character graphics that look like they are Mii's from the Wii.

Still find the gameplay loop of the "Everybody Golf/Hot Shot Golf" series really addicting. Turns golf into an accessible action/puzzle/rhythm game. Find it rather meditative. The PS4 version is probably my go to game to zone out to and relax while playing over the past year. A lot of times I use it as a warm up before playing other games...

I actually love throwing on a podcast or some of my own music to listen to while playing a couple rounds in EG.

But then again I got the game for $20, and I could care less about the online/multiplayer modes.
I loved HSG5 and was hoping this would be the true sequel to it. Part 6 was a port of the Vita version and it felt like a port. So I had high hopes for this but they completely botched it.

I loved HSG5 and was hoping this would be the true sequel to it. Part 6 was a port of the Vita version and it felt like a port. So I had high hopes for this but they completely botched it.
To each their own. I actually liked the changes. Found it more enjoyable to create-a-character rather than being forced to choose from a preset list. I liked the new skill-based leveling up system too. Always hated having to collect in-game-currency in prior HSG games to boost stats.

Though EG is definitely a reboot, so if you wanted a true sequel to prior HSG games I could understand why you may be disappointed.

bread's done
Back