Official Playstation VR Deals and Discussion Thread

billyrox

CAGiversary!
Feedback
54 (100%)
Just starting a thread for deals for the Playstation VR. 

I picked up the Core bundle off Amazon and I'm looking for a cheap camera and move controllers.

I found that best buy has some cheap playstation 4 cameras on sale for 39.99 with free shipping.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-playstation-camera-for-playstation-4-black/8245153.p?skuId=8245153

If you all know any good deals for move controllers or launch games, let me know.

Until Dawn: Rush of Blood (PS VR) $15.99 via Amazon (Prime Price). https://www.amazon.c...heapassgam08-20

Last edited by a moderator:
Superhot VR is a bit overrated IMO. The tracking in that game is just pretty poor and takes me out of it quite a bit. Throwing objects is a joke too and feels completely random. I was expecting more from it just based on how much hype it gets. It does make you feel like a badass sometimes though.
I would say try and recalibrate the Move, adjust the camera, make sure you are the correct distance from the camera, etc. The game has perfect tracking for me.

Throwing objects was tough and seemed random for me too until I figured out how the mechanic worked. You need to hold down the throw button and then release it as you are making the throwing motion, right when you want to release the object from you grip. Once you figure it out, it will feel a lot more natural and reliable.

I would say try and recalibrate the Move, adjust the camera, make sure you are the correct distance from the camera, etc. The game has perfect tracking for me.

Throwing objects was tough and seemed random for me too until I figured out how the mechanic worked. You need to hold down the throw button and then release it as you are making the throwing motion, right when you want to release the object from you grip. Once you figure it out, it will feel a lot more natural and reliable.
Hmm okay I'll try that with the throwing stuff. I was definitely just pressing the button when I wanted to throw it. As for the distance, I mean I'm pretty sure it is the right distance, it's the same distance I always play at with other games.

I have found that some games require different calibrations to work, What works perfectly for many games... completely sucks for another. Recalibrate it to work for that 1 game.. and the others become horrible until you recalibrate again.

At least for me. 

I can play pretty much any of my PSVR games, quit and without even moving start up ancient amuletor and the tracking is complete shit. I had to recalibrate for it.. and it was playable but not perfect.

One of the biggest annoyances for me with PSVR, no lighting change, same position etc. Just switch to some games and it's like the PSVR has no clue how to track anything.

Only have a slight interest in Wipeout but have a huge interest in VR gaming. Somebody talk me into or out of Wipeout given the above statement and the current sale price of $16

Only have a slight interest in Wipeout but have a huge interest in VR gaming. Somebody talk me into or out of Wipeout given the above statement and the current sale price of $16
Don't do it. There are so many games and so little time; pick something that's most relevant to your interests.

Is there any combat at all? I'm assuming no, and that's probably the reason why everyone thinks it's so boring, or at least one of the reasons. I don't mind the strictly story-driven stuff from time to time, but I do have to take a break from those kind of games. I know there's no combat in Don't Knock Twice or Paranormal Activity, so maybe all of the horror games flooding the market without it are starting to get to people.
I can't recall anyone complaining about a lack of combat. It's a prequel of sorts to Until Dawn, a widely praised game that also has no combat. It is just a completely disappointing game. The story sucks (there barely is one), the characters are forgettable, the controls suck, your 'choices' seem to barely impact anything, and it's over super fast for a $40 game.

Whats the best way to get a physical copy of Superhot VR? Is there going to be an NA release? Looks like Play Asia has it "out of stock".

Bravo Team- I'm at work so I can't see some of these reviews but I had a feeling the game was going to be trash due to the fact there was never a video on the PSN store for it. Sucks though, I was hoping it would actually be good.

There isn't any combat, but it's on a different level from Don't Knock Twice and Paranormal Activity graphicly at least. I actually got Paranormal Activity from Best Buy for $5.xx and will play that next. I'm curious to see how they stack up against one another.

I'm not sure how you can say that Paranormal Activity is graphically different than The Inpatient if you haven't even played it. I assure you PA is graphically impressive.

I'm not sure how you can say that Paranormal Activity is graphically different than The Inpatient if you haven't even played it. I assure you PA is graphically impressive.
I was going by videos and screen shots, but I'll correct myself if I have a different view when I play it. The facial graphics in The Inpatient have been the best that I have seen in VR thus far. Hopefully PA gives that same experience.

Hmm okay I'll try that with the throwing stuff. I was definitely just pressing the button when I wanted to throw it. As for the distance, I mean I'm pretty sure it is the right distance, it's the same distance I always play at with other games.
In Super Hot, try to use more of a pushing motion than a throwing one.

Trying to choose between Superhot and Moss. What would you fellas recommend?
Superhot is one of the most VR games out there in the fact that it requires dodging with your head constantly to avoid fire. It's pretty fantastic imo but as one poster mentioned it does push PSVR tracking to it's limits and there were many times it broke for me. That said, plenty have said they had no issue during their play. Moss is fantastic but even getting the plat is going to take your around 5-6 hours max. It's more a proof of concept of how VR can transform a traditional platformer. Superhot on the other hand has plenty of challenge maps, etc to extend play to maybe 10-12 hours if you are chasing trophies.

On that note, finally played a few recent purchases and figured I post some very basic impressions.

Knockout League - Way more polished than I thought. 5 or 6 fighters which is too few imo but extremely physical for a videogame so marathoning more than 3 is unlikely. Great looking characters but very basic environment. Plays just like Punchout meaning you only dodge by being in the right position and hitting during an official opening. Still fun though if that idea interests you. A decent list of minigames.

Blasters of the Universe - bullet hell wave shooter. Have to dodge bullets like superhot but they come in patterns. Really great unlock system and gun customization system but clearly this game was made by a tiny group trying to make a basic experience fun. Good execution but still just a wave shooter. Good 80's sci-fi synthwave aesthetic but still bland in character.

Shooty Fruity - Best wave shooter I've played so far. Good gun variety, interesting variations in the 3 main areas. Lots of good unlocks and decent challenge system. Looks like a feasible plat trophy. 25 levels remixing rules for the 3 main areas. There's a stereotypical announcer who I find grating and unfunny but the rest of the aesthetic is good and also family friendly for a gun game.

Apex Construct - Free roam adventure game using a bow and arrow. Only played about an hour but pretty unappealing. World is kind of flat and simple like a few guys trying to figure out how to make a big game with limited resources. arrow shooting is ok but you need to use a shield to account for the fact that you miss a lot with no aiming reticle. Legitimate sci-fi story with narrator but so far uninteresting. Might not finish it.

On that note, finally played a few recent purchases and figured I post some very basic impressions.

Knockout League - Way more polished than I thought. 5 or 6 fighters which is too few imo but extremely physical for a videogame so marathoning more than 3 is unlikely. Great looking characters but very basic environment. Plays just like Punchout meaning you only dodge by being in the right position and hitting during an official opening. Still fun though if that idea interests you. A decent list of minigames.

Blasters of the Universe - bullet hell wave shooter. Have to dodge bullets like superhot but they come in patterns. Really great unlock system and gun customization system but clearly this game was made by a tiny group trying to make a basic experience fun. Good execution but still just a wave shooter. Good 80's sci-fi synthwave aesthetic but still bland in character.

Shooty Fruity - Best wave shooter I've played so far. Good gun variety, interesting variations in the 3 main areas. Lots of good unlocks and decent challenge system. Looks like a feasible plat trophy. 25 levels remixing rules for the 3 main areas. There's a stereotypical announcer who I find grating and unfunny but the rest of the aesthetic is good and also family friendly for a gun game.

Apex Construct - Free roam adventure game using a bow and arrow. Only played about an hour but pretty unappealing. World is kind of flat and simple like a few guys trying to figure out how to make a big game with limited resources. arrow shooting is ok but you need to use a shield to account for the fact that you miss a lot with no aiming reticle. Legitimate sci-fi story with narrator but so far uninteresting. Might not finish it.
It seems like the theme of all these games is "cool concept, but basic execution" or vice versa. It's unfortunate that the one I was most interested in (Apex Construct, free-roam adventure) seems to be bland and unappealing, while the one I'm least interested in (Shooty Fruity, endless wave shooter) appears to be getting the high marks. I really wish developers would take the time to make a decent, involving VR experience with varied gameplay and advanced design; instead, the market seems to be flooded with quick, cheap money-making gimmicks that aren't really worth their asking price. Luckily(?) my backlog is big enough that I can pass on most of them, but I understand that VR beggars can't be choosers.

I am pretty much in the same boat as you, but I am leaning towards passing for a number of reasons.

1. I just bought a bunch (over $100) of VR games on the last day of the VR sale to get the $15 back, and I haven't even played what I bought yet. Sony is pretty smart to do the $15 back every once in a while, because if you participate and then something goes on sale in the next few weeks, your thought process is "well, I just spent over $100, what difference does this little $16 game make?".

2. I want to find out how good the VR in it is before I commit to it.

3. I imagine that, unlike VR-only releases, this was a relatively major release with more physical copies out there, making the used and new prices more likely to go down than up. May pick it up later in a B2G1 used at gamestop if the price is right.

*sigh*

So I just finished my first playthrough of The Inpatient. Approximately two hours. I'm going to post my impressions here while they're still fresh in my memory. Keep in mind I really, really, really wanted to love this game despite all the negativity surrounding it.

CONS

#1, right off the bat, the scale is all wrong. The humans in this game look HUGE. This is something they've gotten right in other games (like RE7), so how could they overlook such a supermassive detail here? It takes me right out of the experience when all characters are exhibiting signs of gigantism.

2) game is short and it FEELS that way. There are some great gaming experiences that can be had in a couple of hours if it's done right; if the story takes you places and feels interesting, exciting and/or emotionally satisfying. Much like a good movie, a lot can be done in two hours. I actually got the impression that exposition was purposely taken out of this in order to get to the "scary" parts much quicker because there are a lot of plot points that don't really go anywhere.

3) you spend most of the game walking around in darkness with a flashlight. The graphic detail in this game (when things are actually lit) looks amazing, so it's really a detriment when most of the time I'm just trying to orient myself in pitch black. It's such a fucking lazy way to make a game "scary" by removing all the light sources and it's honestly getting old (this is a general gaming gripe).

4) the gaming mechanics and "choices" are limited. Since you're mostly wandering in the dark at an extremely slow pace, the game doesn't encourage much exploration. From what I can tell, you can only interact with objects that have a bright light surrounding them. Also, tracking is frigging awful. This might have to do more with my setup than anything. I frequently had to recenter myself because of how many abrupt "cut to blacks" there are.

5) as far as I'm concerned, having a body in-game didn't increase my level of immersion (maybe because it didn't really line up with mine). The ability to "speak" your (scripted) dialogue adds an extra layer, but after awhile I found myself reverting to dialogue options via the controls.

6) this might be the biggest one: lack of resolution. At the end, my reaction was not "WTF?" but "...and then?" I honestly have no idea about anything that happens in this game (aside from what I remember from Until Dawn). I still don't understand my identity, the flashbacks or the point of most of the ancillary characters. I intend on giving it a second playthrough (maybe I'll give myself tits this time) and trying different dialogue paths to see how much it changes my overall experience.

PROS

1) Can be legitimately frightening at times. I feel like this isn't discussed enough in relation to this game. There were moments (especially early on) where I was petrified with fear.

2) Realistic looking characters (albeit larger than actual size) and incredible level of detail. Graphics and voice acting are all top notch and you buy into your claustrophobic surroundings.

3) The controls are basic and easy to maneuver compared to other awkward VR games I've played, but that's owing mostly to the simplistic game mechanics.

4) I experienced absolutely zero nausea throughout my uninterrupted playthrough. Of course, as mentioned before, it's probably because of how dim it is and since movement is more or less limited.

5) According to the Butterfly Effect and Memories listed in menu, it appears there is room for deviation in story path and various endings which could prove vital for replayability (plus a ton of trophies to be had).

6) Quite frankly, there aren't many games like it (the PSVR adventure roster is few and far between), so you might be forced to take a chance if you're looking for something new.

Now to be fair, I've had gripes about almost all VR games I've played, whether it's shitty controls, tracking/collision or short game length. I think the main reason people are disappointed by this one is because they had such high hopes for it. This isn't a worse game than Paranormal Activity or Don't Knock Twice -- in fact, I would regard it within the same camp. The main difference is people didn't really have high expectations when those games came out (although they too touted ridiculous $40 price points at launch). I think for 15 bucks and adjusted expectations, this can be a fairly enjoyable experience with potential for unique multiple playthroughs. After playing something like The Town of Light (which contains a really deep, disturbing storyline relating to institution practices), I'm still hoping there is more to The Inpatient than what I initially experienced.

Personally, I was expecting something more akin to Wilson's Heart, which I really hope gets ported for PSVR in the future.

It seems like the theme of all these games is "cool concept, but basic execution" or vice versa. It's unfortunate that the one I was most interested in (Apex Construct, free-roam adventure) seems to be bland and unappealing, while the one I'm least interested in (Shooty Fruity, endless wave shooter) appears to be getting the high marks. I really wish developers would take the time to make a decent, involving VR experience with varied gameplay and advanced design; instead, the market seems to be flooded with quick, cheap money-making gimmicks that aren't really worth their asking price. Luckily(?) my backlog is big enough that I can pass on most of them, but I understand that VR beggars can't be choosers.
Exactly. Shooty Fruity is the least interesting idea of all 4 games but is the best by a decent margin in terms of accessibility and fun. That to me embodies the current issue with VR. Half measures on the bigger games and saturation of quality in genres that are getting stale.

Great notes on The Inpatient btw. I have mine sealed and intended to return it after the middling reviews but I might just keep it at this point and hope for a Job Simulator situation.

The character scale seemed fine for me as did the tracking. My main issue is that with the story being so short you only have time to really get to know your roommate, which you won't care about because he's a dick. The game gave me resolution because I did explore what I could and it unlocked some key memories for the story. As for scares....it has some, but you never feel like your life is truly in danger like you do in RE:Biohazard, or even Outlast. I so would love for Outlast to get a VR update!!

As for scares....it has some, but you never feel like your life is truly in danger like you do in RE:Biohazard, or even Outlast. I so would love for Outlast to get a VR update!!
And...that's kind of what I was going at when I said so many posts back that people may have thought it was boring because there was not combat. I wasn't specifically referring to myself, but I share the sentiment to some degree. I'm going to play the Inpatient, but I can't imagine getting scared of it the way I did with RE7 or Outlast if I cannot be killed. There were 3 or 4 occasions where I thought I was going to shit myself when Jack or Marguerite were after me. I know scares aren't limited to physical violence, but it certainly doesn't hurt.

The character scale seemed fine for me as did the tracking. My main issue is that with the story being so short you only have time to really get to know your roommate, which you won't care about because he's a dick. The game gave me resolution because I did explore what I could and it unlocked some key memories for the story. As for scares....it has some, but you never feel like your life is truly in danger like you do in RE:Biohazard, or even Outlast. I so would love for Outlast to get a VR update!!
My second run of The Inpatient was much more narratively enjoyable. I learned more about what was going on and the slight ways you can deviate from your path (which come less from conscious choices and more from random chance). Unfortunately, it seems I would have to complete two more playthroughs (since there is no chapter select) in order to get all the trophies for the platinum, which is a skip for me. My overall impression (now that I've slept on it) is that it's a pretty decent game for what it is, although it's not reinventing anything.

Also, the only difference between choosing a female avatar is that your roommate also becomes female (the storyline remains exactly the same). I kind of preferred it that way.

It's funny you mention your 2nd run through it was much more narratively enjoyable.  I have found out that generally speaking, I am having trouble following stories in VR because during the "story" parts, I'm always looking around at stuff and not paying attention to WTF is going on in the story telling part.  It happened to me a lot in RE7 and during Moss I really had no clue what had just gone on because I kept looking around in the damn church while they were telling me what was going on in the book.  I've beaten Moss 4x now though and know what is going on in it lol.  It also happened to me in Farpoint a lot. Pretty much every flashback I was just looking around the room cause it was so cool lol.

I think you're completely right about that. On my first playthrough, I didn't know what to expect, so I wasn't really paying attention in terms of story. I thought there were areas I had to explore, but that wasn't the point. Once I knew everything to expect (and the scary parts seemed less daunting), it was easier for me to just give in to the experience and take in the immediate world. In some ways, familiar things became completely new. On the other hand, now that I've played it twice and seen how inconsequential most of the decisions are, it's discouraged me from playing it again because the "magic" is gone.

I may come back to it later to pick up the final trophies though since I missed the "best" and "worst" endings.

The Brookhaven Experiment is severely disappointing.

After playing Farpoint and Arizona Sunshine, I guess I expected something more sophisticated than standing in one place and turning, the world's slowest reload times and impossibly low visibility (even lower when you take damage). If you're going to be shooting blindly in the dark, you at least have to know where it's coming from via audio clues, but I hear it coming from all sides. Oh, and aiming is for shit with the Aim. On the other hand, it's challenging (and frustrating) as hell. I've spent the last couple of hours on the second-to-last stage, but I keep dying on the last wave every time. I'm so sick of hearing the awful delivery of the NPC over and over. I've acquired all the weapons and upgrades and everything sucks. Ammunition capacity is low and reloading always gets me killed. I keep getting swarmed by all those small monsters at my feet and I never know where the damage is coming from. Ugh.

The only thing that's keeping me going is hopefully encountering that Cloverfield-looking monster in the distance.

Maybe halfway through Brookhaven and I'm enjoying it so far, but I am expecting it to get frustratingly hard later. I don't like how visibility is reduced when taking damage. The constantly needing to look around reminds me of FNAF. Still enjoying the game despite the flaws. Haven't played Arizona Sunshine or Farpoint yet and I don't have an Aim controller. Loved loved loved London Heist. I think Arizona Sunshine is next on my list.

How of Farpoint with Move Controllers instead of Aim? Can you even use just the Move controllers?

How of Farpoint with Move Controllers instead of Aim? Can you even use just the Move controllers?
I'm looking at the back of the box right now and it only shows Aim and DualShock compatible. I haven't tried it myself.

I wonder if Brookhaven would be any easier using the Move. I just died at the same place again.

Edit: Two hours later, I finally beat the Caverns level using the Move. Turns out all I really needed to do was set up a good chemical perimeter to keep those little shits out.

Edit 2: Wow, the final stage was cake compared to that. Plus I could actually fucking see!

The Brookhaven Experiment is severely disappointing.

After playing Farpoint and Arizona Sunshine, I guess I expected something more sophisticated than standing in one place and turning, the world's slowest reload times and impossibly low visibility (even lower when you take damage). If you're going to be shooting blindly in the dark, you at least have to know where it's coming from via audio clues, but I hear it coming from all sides. Oh, and aiming is for shit with the Aim. On the other hand, it's challenging (and frustrating) as hell. I've spent the last couple of hours on the second-to-last stage, but I keep dying on the last wave every time. I'm so sick of hearing the awful delivery of the NPC over and over. I've acquired all the weapons and upgrades and everything sucks. Ammunition capacity is low and reloading always gets me killed. I keep getting swarmed by all those small monsters at my feet and I never know where the damage is coming from. Ugh.

The only thing that's keeping me going is hopefully encountering that Cloverfield-looking monster in the distance.
Heh. I wasn't as descriptive as you in my analysis, but I concur on most points. Brookhaven is a drag. It wasn't so much the standing in place that bothered me as it was the constant need to push a button to perform a 180 degree turn. I understand that part of the challenge with that game is being able to manage your situation correctly and shoot the monsters in a strategic order based on distance and creature type/speed. But having to turn around like that (and with a button no less) just felt disorienting and laborious.

I've only watched videos on Shooty Fruity and haven't actually played it myself yet, but as far as wave shooters go that looks alot more fun. It still appears to require a degree of strategy, but the omission of constantly spinning around in circles is a welcome change. Also, it's bright and easy to see, unlike Brookhaven.

I am trying to put together a full list of Region 1 PSVR discs for collecting purposes. Can anyone help me with what I've missed?

Full VR:

Batman: Arkham VR
Battlezone
Bravo Team
Doom VFR
Don’t Knock Twice
Driveclub VR
Eagle Flight
Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim VR, The
EVE: Valkyrie
Farpoint
The Inpatient
The Invisible Hours
Job Simulator
Loading Human: Chapter 1
Paranormal Activity: The Lost Soul
PlayStation VR Demo Disc
PlayStation VR Demo Disc 2
PlayStation VR Worlds
Psychonauts: In the Rhombus of Ruin
Radial-G: Racing Revolved
Rez Infinite
RIGS: Mechanized Combat League
Robinson: The Journey
Star Trek: Bridge Crew
StarBlood Arena
Until Dawn: Rush of Blood
VR Karts
Werewolves Within

VR Mode (On Disc):
ATV Drift & Tricks
Gran Turismo Sport
Moto Racer 4
Resident Evil 7
Star Wars: Battlefront Ultimate Edition
Touhou Kobuto V: Burst Battle

VR Mode (Not Sure If On Disc---can anyone confirm?):
Hatsune Miku Project Diva X
Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Edition
Tekken 7
TrackMania Turbo

If you're not going to play Farpoint with an aim controller, I wouldn't recommend playing it at all. You're better off waiting until you get an aim controller. It improves the game experience greatly.

I am trying to put together a full list of Region 1 PSVR discs for collecting purposes. Can anyone help me with what I've missed?

Full VR:

Battlezone
Bravo Team
Doom VFR
Don’t Knock Twice
Driveclub VR
Eagle Flight
Farpoint
The Inpatient
The Invisible Hours
Job Simulator
PlayStation VR Demo Disc
PlayStation VR Worlds
Rez Infinite
StarBlood Arena
VR Karts
Werewolves Within

VR Mode (On Disc):
ATV Drift & Tricks
Gran Turismo Sport
Moto Racer 4
Resident Evil 7

Tekken 7
TrackMania Turbo
Looks like you are missing Dirt Rally. It received a substantial DLC update that included a pretty well-received VR mode. It's paid DLC in North America, but I think the PAL region got a version with the DLC included on-disc.

Also, Senran Kagura Peach Beach Splash received a free DLC update that allows for VR, but it's only in the character model viewer mode. So pretty much useless.

There's a big sale on PSN and some PSVR stuff is on sale:

Ace Banana - $4.99 - 60% Off - $4.49 - 70% Off - Ends 3/27

Archangel - $11.99 - 60% Off - $5.99 - 80% Off - Ends 3/20

Bound - $7.99 - 60% Off - $5.99 - 70% Off - Ends 3/27

Driveclub VR - $7.99 - 60% Off - $5.99 - 70% Off - Ends 3/27

Dying: Reborn - $3.99 - 60% Off - $2.99 - 70% Off - Ends 3/27

Dying: Reborn Ultimate Bundle - $9.99 - 60% Off - $7.49 - 70% Off - Ends 3/27

Eagle Flight - $18.79 - 53% Off - $14.79 - 63% Off - Ends 3/27

Farpoint - $34.99 - 30% Off - $29.99 - 40% Off - Ends 3/27

Here They Lie - $7.99 - 60% Off - $7.99 - 70% Off - Ends 3/27

Honor and Duty: Arcade Edition - $2.09 - 70% Off - $1.39 - 80% Off - Ends 3/27

Hustle Kings VR - $7.99 - 60% Off - $5.99 - 70% Off - Ends 3/27

The Idolm@ster Cinderella Girls Viewing - $9.99 - 50% Off - $7.99 - 60% Off - Ends 3/27

No Heroes Allowed! VR - $14.99 - 50% Off - $11.99 - 60% Off - Ends 3/27

Oasis Games Horror VR Bundle - $7.99 - 60% Off - $5.99 - 70% Off - Ends 3/27

Oasis Games Shooter VR Bundle - $9.99 - 60% Off - $7.49 - 70% Off - Ends 3/27

Pixel Gear - $4.39 - 60% Off - $3.29 - 70% Off - Ends 3/27
PlayStation VR Worlds - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.99 - 65% Off - Ends 3/27
Radial-G: Racing Revolved - $14.99 - 50% Off - $11.99 - 60% Off - Ends 3/27
Resident Evil VII biohazard - $25.49 - 15% Off - $22.49 - 25% Off - Ends 3/20

Resident Evil VII biohazard Gold Edition - $24.99 - 30% Off - $29.99 - 40% Off - Ends 3/20

Resident Evil VII biohazard - Banned Footage Vol 1 - $6.99 - 30% Off - $5.99 - 40% Off - Ends 3/20

Resident Evil VII biohazard - Banned Footage Vol 2 - $10.49 - 30% Off - $8.99 - 40% Off - Ends 3/20

Resident Evil VII biohazard - End of Zoe - $13.49 - 10% Off - $11.99 - 20% Off - Ends 3/20

Resident Evil VII biohazard - Season Pass - $20.99 - 30% Off - $17.99 - 40% Off - Ends 3/20
Rigs Mechanized Combat League - $11.99 - 60% Off - $8.99 - 70% Off - Ends 3/27
StarBlood Arena - $7.99 - 60% Off - $5.99 - 70% Off - Ends 3/27
Star Trek: Bridge Crew - $24.99 - 50% Off - $19.99 - 60% Off - Ends 3/27
Statik - $9.99 - 50% Off - $7.99 - 60% Off - Ends 3/27
Stifled - $13.99 - 30% Off - $11.99 - 40% Off - Ends 3/27

Super Stardust Ultra VR - $7.99 - 60% Off - $5.99 - 70% Off - Ends 3/27

Tethered - $12.49 - 50% Off - $9.99 - 60% Off - Ends 3/27

Time Machine VR - $14.99 - 50% Off - $11.99 - 60% Off - Ends 3/27

Trackmania Turbo - $15.99 - 60% Off - $11.99 - 70% Off - Ends 3/27

Tumble VR - $3.99 - 60% Off - $2.99 - 70% Off - Ends 3/27

The Weeping Doll - $3.99 - 60% Off - $2.99 - 70% Off - Ends 3/27

Werewolves Within - $12.89 - 57% Off - $9.89 - 67% Off - Ends 3/27

Looks like you are missing Dirt Rally. It received a substantial DLC update that included a pretty well-received VR mode. It's paid DLC in North America, but I think the PAL region got a version with the DLC included on-disc.

Also, Senran Kagura Peach Beach Splash received a free DLC update that allows for VR, but it's only in the character model viewer mode. So pretty much useless.
Right I was aware of Dirt Rally, but I was trying to keep it to Region 1 stuff with VR content on disc. If others would be interested, I wouldn't mind starting a DLC List as well.... so far I know about Dirt Rally, Seran Kagura, Star Wars Battlefront Vanilla, Final Fantasy XV, Wipeout Omega Collection, and I suspect Tomb Raider, Trackmania, and Tekken 7 as well but I need someone to confirm the last three.

Also, does anyone know if the new Final Fantasy XV Royal Edition has the VR mode on disc?

There's a big sale on PSN and some PSVR stuff is on sale that I'll add to this list as I find it:

Recommendations on any to pick up? I'm getting my VR tomorrow.

There's a big sale on PSN and some PSVR stuff is on sale that I'll add to this list as I find it:

I'm sure you've caught it, but VR Worlds - $6.99 - 65% Off

I got one of those $1 offers for gamefly and I was just looking at all their PSVR games and their lists almost matches up with falsedichotomies'. Only things missing are games that aren't out yet: Megadimension Neptunia VIIR and Rick and Morty.

Can't decide what I should rent. I'll probably choose Job Simulator, but no idea what the other good choices would be.

Oh, damn, Job Simulator says not available; haven't seen that before.

Full VR:

Battlezone
Bravo Team
Doom VFR
Don’t Knock Twice
Driveclub VR
Eagle Flight
Farpoint
The Inpatient
The Invisible Hours
Job Simulator
PlayStation VR Demo Disc
PlayStation VR Worlds
Rez Infinite
StarBlood Arena
VR Karts
Werewolves Within

VR Mode (On Disc):
ATV Drift & Tricks
Gran Turismo Sport
Moto Racer 4
Resident Evil 7

Tekken 7
TrackMania Turbo
Good list. I'm not entirely sure but I believe that Rise of the Tomb Raider VR mode comes included on the disc (under Croft Manor). Also, the Star Wars Battlefront VR level is free DLC that's not on the disc.

Here They Lie - $7.99 - 60% Off - $7.99 - 70% Off - Ends 3/27

Honor and Duty: Arcade Edition - $2.09 - 70% Off - $1.39 - 80% Off - Ends 3/27

Hustle Kings VR - $7.99 - 60% Off - $5.99 - 70% Off - Ends 3/27

Tumble VR is on sale for $2.99 again. I skipped it during my $150+ PSVR week, but now I'm circling back to it. The demo was extremely rudimentary, but I think it's gotten kinda good reviews?

Oh, damn, Job Simulator says not available; haven't seen that before.
Don't even get us started...

Good list. I'm not entirely sure but I believe that Rise of the Tomb Raider VR mode comes included on the disc (under Croft Manor). Also, the Star Wars Battlefront VR level is free DLC that's not on the disc.
Good to know about Tomb Raider. I'm pretty sure the vanilla version of Battlefront has the VR as a DLC but the Ultimate Edition has it on the disc. So if I were going to revise the bottom part of my list, it'd probably look like this, sure I'm missing something:

VR Mode (On Disc):
ATV Drift & Tricks
Gran Turismo Sport
Moto Racer 4
Resident Evil 7

VR Mode (DLC):
Dirt Rally
Final Fantasy XV
Senran Kagura Peach Beach Splash
Star Wars: Battlefront
Tekken 7 (?)
TrackMania Turbo (?)
Wipeout: Omega Collection

Has anyone played Archangel? It looks interesting, but somewhat simplistic, but you can't be that price if the game is decent enough.

Also, has anyone heard of a time frame for L.A. Noir to get it's VR update? I'm holding off buying it until then since I completed it years ago on PS3.

Also, has anyone heard of a time frame for L.A. Noir to get it's VR update? I'm holding off buying it until then since I completed it years ago on PS3.
I don't think they announced a PSVR version of the VR Case Files, but that also wouldn't be an update for the remaster. It would be a standalone version like it is on Steam.

Has anyone played Archangel? It looks interesting, but somewhat simplistic, but you can't be that price if the game is decent enough.

I like it,it’s like a game you’d play at a Dave and Busters and not feel ripped off, they break up the gun play with occasionally doing shit with your giant robot arms.

If you're not going to play Farpoint with an aim controller, I wouldn't recommend playing it at all. You're better off waiting until you get an aim controller. It improves the game experience greatly.
^This

This is one of those times a game wasn't adapted to also be able to use the Aim Controller.

Farpoint was made for the Aim Controller, The Aim Controller was made for Farpoint. (IMO)

Found this to describe the difference.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ni6BVKXuQsQ

I still think to this day Farpoint is the best Game to use the Aim Controller, there are other "good" uses of it, but Farpoint... is just a step (or 3) above.

Bestbuy with GCU is the best deal outside of a sale for the controller bundle.

^This

This is one of those times a game wasn't adapted to also be able to use the Aim Controller.
Farpoint was made for the Aim Controller, The Aim Controller was made for Farpoint. (IMO)

Found this to describe the difference.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ni6BVKXuQsQ

I still think to this day Farpoint is the best Game to use the Aim Controller, there are other "good" uses of it, but Farpoint... is just a step (or 3) above.

Bestbuy with GCU is the best deal outside of a sale for the controller bundle.

I’m really shocked it hasn’t dropped to almost nothing or at the very least went on sale. My attic is not happy with the three drum kits, seven guitars, and four turntables already being stored.

Right I was aware of Dirt Rally, but I was trying to keep it to Region 1 stuff with VR content on disc. If others would be interested, I wouldn't mind starting a DLC List as well.... so far I know about Dirt Rally, Seran Kagura, Star Wars Battlefront Vanilla, Final Fantasy XV, Wipeout Omega Collection, and I suspect Tomb Raider, Trackmania, and Tekken 7 as well but I need someone to confirm the last three.

Also, does anyone know if the new Final Fantasy XV Royal Edition has the VR mode on disc?
It's definitely not on disc with Trackmania Turbo. That game came out long before PSVR and the DLC tracks were a free update.

As far as Tekken 7, I own the game but I cannot remember if the VR portion was there right off the bat or was an added in an update. It's a really crappy use of VR so I didn't pay much attention to it.

As far as FF XV Royal Edition I can confirm that the post-vanilla content is not on the disc, I watched an unboxing video and saw that the added content is included with a voucher. To be honest I didn't know that game even had any VR. But unless it was on the vanilla disc, it's unlikely that it's on the Royal edition disc.

The Bellows is a slightly better experience than I anticipated. It's another "wander around aimlessly in the dark while shit jumps out at you" walking simulator, and yeah, it got me once or twice. The problem is there is no discernible plotline (why would you be heading towards the horror?) and a lack of any real resolution. Still, if you were able to pick it up for $3, it's not a bad effort. If you do play it, I recommend you turn off the anti-nausea option (which dims your environment even further as you move) since it's a short experience anyway (15-20 minutes, tops). 

The Rabbit Hole is a bit more involving. You're in a dark Wonderland-inspired escape room where you have to solve a number of simple puzzles (and one stupidly hard one) using clues and shrinking/growing items to access different areas. I didn't realize it during my first try (there isn't a tutorial so I had to figure everything out on my own), but it's apparently a timed game because it abruptly ended on me in the middle of a puzzle (I failed two more times before finally solving it). If you did nab this during the sale, it's a somewhat unique experience that's (obviously) not intended to last very long.

Rollercoaster Legends is as basic as it gets. The PSVR sale got me but I didn't even realize until now that it was only discounted 50 cents. Bastards. Anyway, it's a cool experience (it'll probably make the same people sick who couldn't stomach Rush of Blood), but not really worth paying for in my opinion. This would have been perfect if it were included on VR Worlds alongside the similarly non-interactive Ocean Descent since it's the same type of demo/intro to VR. I "played" it twice but that's it for me. To be honest, I've paid more to ride real rollercoasters and they're not quite as elaborate as this. Again, the problem with all these "experiences" is that there's no real end to them, they just stop abrup

bread's done
Back