Official Playstation VR Deals and Discussion Thread

billyrox

CAGiversary!
Feedback
54 (100%)
Just starting a thread for deals for the Playstation VR. 

I picked up the Core bundle off Amazon and I'm looking for a cheap camera and move controllers.

I found that best buy has some cheap playstation 4 cameras on sale for 39.99 with free shipping.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-playstation-camera-for-playstation-4-black/8245153.p?skuId=8245153

If you all know any good deals for move controllers or launch games, let me know.

Until Dawn: Rush of Blood (PS VR) $15.99 via Amazon (Prime Price). https://www.amazon.c...heapassgam08-20

Last edited by a moderator:
Killing Floor Incursion looks pretty fun, can anyone recommend any of the VR games that just went on sale? Carnival Games, Mervils, Or Eve.
Carnival Games is good for the kids or a girlfriend/friend that doesn't like traditional games. It's fun in it's own right but a minigame collection. Eve is a solid arcade space shooter that is 80% MP with a slim SP mode of a few mission and VO driving the narrative. It's essentially abandoned but has bots and small community that you can coordinate for MP. It was patched for 2D support and has crossplay but is too niche a genre to get interest.

Carnival Games is good for the kids or a girlfriend/friend that doesn't like traditional games. It's fun in it's own right but a minigame collection. Eve is a solid arcade space shooter that is 80% MP with a slim SP mode of a few mission and VO driving the narrative. It's essentially abandoned but has bots and small community that you can coordinate for MP. It was patched for 2D support and has crossplay but is too niche a genre to get interest.
Thank you, with that in mind I'll probably skip both.

Carnival Games is decent for what it is, however it should be known that some of those mini-games are simply brutal.  Your arms will want to fall off after trying to three-star the game where you have to catch balls being thrown at you.  And if you're a trophy hunter, expect to play a lot of the same games over and over again until you are sick to death of them trying to get all the money you need to purchase all the prizes at the prize booth.

Carnival Games is decent for what it is, however it should be known that some of those mini-games are simply brutal. Your arms will want to fall off after trying to three-star the game where you have to catch balls being thrown at you. And if you're a trophy hunter, expect to play a lot of the same games over and over again until you are sick to death of them trying to get all the money you need to purchase all the prizes at the prize booth.
Is carnival games only available in vr? Thanks.

Dirt rally vr fun?
I just couldn't handle the difficulty. Reddit PSVR had folks so in love they persevered but it's a pretty brutal racing sim. Wipeout on the other hand is 5 times as polished and good looking but is admittedly a different game. Both are full conversions of AAA games with a ton of tracks and modes though.

Battlezone Gold is coming out on 5/1 with all DLC included and will be playable without PSVR.

https://twitter.com/PlayStation/status/986971430217641984

I've been playing Wipeout the past few nights and damn, this game is REALLY good.  I started with Wipeout HD and played that like 2 weeks ago a couple nights in a row, but the past nights I've been playing Wipeout 2048.  I like 2048 a lot better for some reason.  It's like there are more different routes to take on tracks and I feel there is just more going on with the weapons and the opponents are relentless.  I also feel like I don't feel much, if any at all, motion sickness on that version compared to HD.

I've been playing Wipeout the past few nights and damn, this game is REALLY good. I started with Wipeout HD and played that like 2 weeks ago a couple nights in a row, but the past nights I've been playing Wipeout 2048. I like 2048 a lot better for some reason. It's like there are more different routes to take on tracks and I feel there is just more going on with the weapons and the opponents are relentless. I also feel like I don't feel much, if any at all, motion sickness on that version compared to HD.
2048 was the last official game. HD recycles tracks that are literally 20 years old in some cases. Looking back, there's a few more PS3 games that are prime candidates for a VR conversion but Wipeout is better than I bet most people could imagine.

Any thoughts on these games BB has up?  I got a VR a few months ago and have been chomping at the bit to get some new titles.  I know I'll get some grief for this, but I will only buy physical games so this seems like a good opportunity.  I already ordered Wipeout, Farpoint, and the Inpatient (got delay notice email though so I am a bit concerned).  Are any of these other ones worth picking up?

VR Worlds (11.99)

Paranormal Activity (11.99)

Starblood Arena (11.99)

Until Dawn: Rush of Blood (11.99)

Driveclub VR (11.99)

Werewolves Within (12.99)

Eve Valkyre (15.99)

Battlezone (15.99)

Rigs (15.99)

TIA!

I hope you got Farpoint with the Aim controller.

VR Worlds is cool but like $10 cool.  I'd pay $12 for it, it's only $2 more.  

I bought PA for $20 from BB when it came out but haven't even touched it, kinda wish I waited lol.

Until Dawn: Rush of Blood is a game that may be tough on you if you're new to VR.  The roller coaster ride parts can cause people to feel a bit motion sick.

Question for the Farpoint fans - Would it work with the old Sharp Shooter & Move controller combo instead of the Aim?  I really don't want yet another specialized controller if I can avoid it.  Plus I'm cheap.  Thanks for any info.

Question for the Farpoint fans - Would it work with the old Sharp Shooter & Move controller combo instead of the Aim? I really don't want yet another specialized controller if I can avoid it. Plus I'm cheap. Thanks for any info.
No, you can't play it with the move controllers period. It's either DS4 or Aim controller.

Question for the Farpoint fans - Would it work with the old Sharp Shooter & Move controller combo instead of the Aim? I really don't want yet another specialized controller if I can avoid it. Plus I'm cheap. Thanks for any info.
Sadly, no. But the Aim Controller is absolutely amazing to play the game with, and is a different experience than using the sharpshooter was in Move games on the PS3.

Man, I bought the PS Eye, Move controller, Move navigation, the sharpshooter, the pistol attachment...But I can't remember a single game I used these on for the PS3. At least I can carry over the Move controller to my PSVR.

Any thoughts on these games BB has up? I got a VR a few months ago and have been chomping at the bit to get some new titles. I know I'll get some grief for this, but I will only buy physical games so this seems like a good opportunity. I already ordered Wipeout, Farpoint, and the Inpatient (got delay notice email though so I am a bit concerned). Are any of these other ones worth picking up?

VR Worlds (11.99)

Starblood Arena (11.99)

Driveclub VR (11.99)

Eve Valkyre (15.99)

Battlezone (15.99)

Rigs (15.99)

TIA!
I would really recommend EVE. Yes there is not a lot to do single player wise but the multiplayer is still a blast and is not too challenging. Definitely worth that price.

Any thoughts on these games BB has up? I got a VR a few months ago and have been chomping at the bit to get some new titles. I know I'll get some grief for this, but I will only buy physical games so this seems like a good opportunity. I already ordered Wipeout, Farpoint, and the Inpatient (got delay notice email though so I am a bit concerned). Are any of these other ones worth picking up?

VR Worlds (11.99)

Starblood Arena (11.99)

Driveclub VR (11.99)

Eve Valkyre (15.99)

Battlezone (15.99)

Rigs (15.99)

TIA!
I recommend VR Worlds and Paranormal Activity, especially at those prices.

VR Worlds is pretty much a must-have for anyone who owns PSVR. Paranormal Activity is great if you like jump scares/creepy games.

I don't partake of the wacky tobacky, so I decided to celebrate my 4/20 doing the next best thing...spending it inside a mindfuck of a VR experience.

giphy.gif

(Rick and Morty: Virtual Rick-ality)

First thing's first: 

#1 complaint: TRACKING, TRACKING, TRACKING

I can't tell you how many times I had to recalibrate my position because something was either too low or too high out of reach. This is an adventure game where you're teleporting from one position to another and picking up items, using it elsewhere, etc. Most games like this have an option to ROTATE your position 90 or 180 degrees, but no...here, you have to pivot your body IRL. You know what that means: you turn and block the camera, then foul up the tracking again. Anyway, that's my major gripe. It's not a long game and there's not a lot to it (most of it takes place in the garage/Rick's lab).

Compared to the virtual anarchy of Accounting+ (which was also co-headed by Justin Roiland), I was surprised how subdued the toilet humor felt here. I actually had to check to see if this had a M rating, because I was only aware of one F-bomb in the whole game. I feel like the unedited episodes are way zanier than this. That's nothing to say of the plot, which is incredibly simplistic by series standards. You don't even have to be familiar with the characters to jump into it.

It's still a whole lotta fun but definitely not worth $30-50 (depending on which version you buy) for a few hours of gameplay unless you're a mega hardcore fan. For $20, I'm less upset about it, but I think $10-15 would be the sweet spot, though I doubt it'll drop anytime soon.

One of the highlights is a game-within-a-game called Troy, a "life simulator" where no matter what you do, it always ends in (spoiler) death. I ended up playing it a half dozen times or so because there was a surprising amount of variation in it, despite how depressing it is.

Unfortunately, I'm two trophies shy of the platinum, and they happen to involve getting a score of 100 or more in two minigames which are damn near impossible, so that looks like a no-go.

EDIT: I did it! 0.2% Platinum!

I played my firs race in Wipeout tonight and I was very pleased with the VR experience. I had a very small headache setting in so I decided not to go another round. I didn’t get sick though, and that’s pretty huge. Can’t wait to try more

Here are the new deals for today:

Accounting+ - $8.39 - 30% Off - $7.19 - 40% Off - Ends 5/8

Carnival Games VR - $11.99 - 40% Off - $9.99 - 50% Off - Ends 5/8

Carnival Games VR - Alley Adventure - $6.79 - 15% Off - $5.99 - 25% Off - Ends 5/8
Code51:Mecha Arena - $17.99 - 10% Off - $15.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/30

Dead Secret - $13.49 - 10% Off - $11.99 - 20% Off - Ends 5/1

GNOG - $10.49 - 30% Off - $5.99 - 60% Off - Ends 5/8

Hatsune Miku: Project Diva X - $24.99 - 50% Off - Ends 5/8

NBA 2KVR Experience - $8.99 - 40% Off - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 5/8

Passengers: Awakening - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 5/8

Rez Infinite - $17.99 - 40% Off - $14.99 - 50% Off - Ends 5/8

Superhot VR - $17.49 - 30% Off - $14.99 - 40% Off - Ends 5/8

Surgeon Simulator: Experience Reality - $7.99 - 60% Off - $5.99 - 70% Off - Ends 5/8

Touhou Kobuto V: Burst Battle - $20.99 - 30% Off - $17.99 - 40% Off - Ends 5/8

An existing deal:

Killing Floor: Inclusion - $23.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 5/1

New Releases:

Just In Time Incorporated - $14.99

Virry VR: Wild Encounters - $19.99

The best stuff here that I like is Accounting+, Carnival Games VR, GNOG, Rez Infinite, Superhot VR, and Surgeon Simulator.

GNOG is fun. Superhot VR...still haven't played, now at $4 less. Passengers Awakening not really worth it at $5, but better than what I paid for it. This might finally be the week for Surgeon Simulator. Also, not mentioned on any list: Accounting+ has been further reduced to $7.19.

Here are the new deals for today:

Code51:Mecha Arena - $17.99 - 10% Off - $15.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/30

Dead Secret - $13.49 - 10% Off - $11.99 - 20% Off - Ends 5/1

GNOG - $10.49 - 30% Off - $5.99 - 60% Off - Ends 5/8

Rez Infinite - $17.99 - 40% Off - $14.99 - 50% Off - Ends 5/8

Touhou Kobuto V: Burst Battle - $20.99 - 30% Off - $17.99 - 40% Off - Ends 5/8

An existing deal:

Killing Floor: Inclusion - $23.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 5/1

New Releases:

Just In Time Incorporated - $14.99

Virry VR: Wild Encounters - $19.99
Just in Time Inc. looks like it would look like shit in VR, but it seems funny at least. Virry VR...fool me once...

I'll have a review for Dead Secret this week or next if anyone reads my shit.

Do you need a lot of room (large play area) for Superhot VR? I bought Holoball a long time ago and didn't get to enjoy it due to my limited space. I don't want to make the same mistake twice.

Damn, I guess that's out then.  Thanks just the same.

Maybe I'll go with Accounting+ and the Carnival Games add-on.

Do you need a lot of room (large play area) for Superhot VR? I bought Holoball a long time ago and didn't get to enjoy it due to my limited space. I don't want to make the same mistake twice.
My nephew literally punched his TV and cracked the screen while playing Superhot VR, so I'd say "Yes" you would want a lot of room for this game.

I haven't gotten *that* far in the game, but I'd say "one step" in each direction is about the space you need, from my experience. It's an awesome game though.

Is accounting or carnival games worth it? I definitely will get super hot.
Accounting + is an alright absurdist comedy game that lasts an hour but you would play for an additional hour to plat if that's your thing. It has the funniest, smartest, trophy in the history of PS trophies and is funnier than the anything else the game has to say.

Carnival games is the Wii Sports of VR since its a bunch of familiar games that you play intuitively using the move controllers. It works as advertised which is a complement considering it has a decent variety of games. Production is solid and inoffensive but nothing special.

Accounting + is an alright absurdist comedy game that lasts an hour but you would play for an additional hour to plat if that's your thing. It has the funniest, smartest, trophy in the history of PS trophies and is funnier than the anything else the game has to say.

Carnival games is the Wii Sports of VR since its a bunch of familiar games that you play intuitively using the move controllers. It works as advertised which is a complement considering it has a decent variety of games. Production is solid and inoffensive but nothing special.

Thank you. I think I'll just stick with Superhot then.

Is accounting or carnival games worth it? I definitely will get super hot.
Both are really good depending on what you're interested in.

Carnival Games VR is great as a showcase for the variety of styles of actions you can do in VR and does a very good job of making fun carnival games out of most of them. A few of the games are stinkers, but most are very good and are a lot better than you'd expect from the series' reputation. It's a fun experience and they have a lot of unlockables to play around with in a physics playground area.

Accounting+ is a great comedic physics adventure game, especially if you're into the Rick & Morty style of rambling, vulgar humor that the series has in it. It's not a super long game, but there's a good bit to mess around with in each area.

I've got videos for each game if you want to see them in action:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xD-_Gplwo84

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCdeTJx18iw

I've never really been interested in it, but the "Wii Sports of VR" sounds intriguing. I always thought that was VR Worlds for some reason.

I'll wait till it drops back down to $5, though, especially if I want to buy the DLC.

I played Accounting+ this last weekend and had a blast, it was hilarious and simple enough to serve as a great "This is what VR can do" piece to show friends. Especially those who usually don't game.

Just want to throw in another vote for Carnival Games VR.  Even at the current sale price, I'd say it's worth buying without waiting for it to go lower.  The wall climbing mini-game is one of the most fun things I've done to date in VR.

bread's done
Back