Official Playstation VR Deals and Discussion Thread

billyrox

CAGiversary!
Feedback
54 (100%)
Just starting a thread for deals for the Playstation VR. 

I picked up the Core bundle off Amazon and I'm looking for a cheap camera and move controllers.

I found that best buy has some cheap playstation 4 cameras on sale for 39.99 with free shipping.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-playstation-camera-for-playstation-4-black/8245153.p?skuId=8245153

If you all know any good deals for move controllers or launch games, let me know.

Until Dawn: Rush of Blood (PS VR) $15.99 via Amazon (Prime Price). https://www.amazon.c...heapassgam08-20

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think I'll be playing any VR until I finish God of War. The game is just too good.
I just got the GoW pro bundle over the weekend. Haven’t touched the game yet, just set up the console. Honestly I don’t want to play it knowing photo mode is coming, I feel it detracts from the game knowing extra content/modes are coming soon yet probably by the time it does will have platinumed the game and won’t be playing it again.

Plus the game has had patches nearly everyday so far. Which is why I don’t buy games at launch anymore. Games are rushed and often broken early on. I can’t tell you how many games were ruined by bugs for me, only to be fixed weeks or months post launch. Would have made my experiences so much better.

If you're trying to convince yourself the game is "broken" because they are putting patches out, you are kidding yourself.   The game is one of the most polished games I've ever played.

I didn't know a photo mode is coming out and I couldn't care less now that I do know it's coming out.

If you're trying to convince yourself the game is "broken" because they are putting patches out, you are kidding yourself. The game is one of the most polished games I've ever played.

I didn't know a photo mode is coming out and I couldn't care less now that I do know it's coming out.
I never said GoW specifically is broken. Though something must be wrong if there have been daily patches. The game is on its 5th patch today, and it hasn’t even been out a week.

Like I said, I’ve had games ruined that were broken/had aggrevating bugs, that were patched post launch, sometimes months later. The problem was with some games (looking at you Ubisoft) the patches had no effect on current game saves. I have some games I cannot 100% because of bugs.

I just got the GoW pro bundle over the weekend. Haven’t touched the game yet, just set up the console. Honestly I don’t want to play it knowing photo mode is coming, I feel it detracts from the game knowing extra content/modes are coming soon yet probably by the time it does will have platinumed the game and won’t be playing it again.

Plus the game has had patches nearly everyday so far. Which is why I don’t buy games at launch anymore. Games are rushed and often broken early on. I can’t tell you how many games were ruined by bugs for me, only to be fixed weeks or months post launch. Would have made my experiences so much better.
Your comments would ring true for other games where clearly they had problems, but when a game like God of War is basically getting universal praise, it's hard to criticize it for getting patches, etc. Every game is going to have minor issues that should be addressed after launch. Perhaps photo mode isn't minor to some, but other patches certainly sound that way for this game.

I don't think I'll be playing any VR until I finish God of War. The game is just too good.
It's a damn good game. And polished all the way through. I didn't get one glitch, one blue error screen, no hiccups whatsoever. I finished the narrative a couple days ago and I'm still playing because there's so much to do and new dialogue popping up to fill the empty spaces (they did a really good job with that, by the way). For once, I'm glad I wasn't cheap and bought day one. It'll be hard to top going forward, that's for sure.

The patches haven't been a hindrance because they're small and haven't interrupted gameplay at all. I just figured they're minor fixes/improvements and constantly making the game better. There's only so much beta testing you can do before you put it out there in the world.

I started Megaton Rainfall then GoW came out. It's probably the best game I've played in the last 5 years. So easy to get sidetracked with things to do. Didn't notice any patches Rest Mode handles that.

Your comments would ring true for other games where clearly they had problems, but when a game like God of War is basically getting universal praise, it's hard to criticize it for getting patches, etc. Every game is going to have minor issues that should be addressed after launch. Perhaps photo mode isn't minor to some, but other patches certainly sound that way for this game.
I understand. Having just got my first PS4 Pro, and just completing AC origins recently, I plan to start the DLC for it to get a good base comparison between the launch PS4 and the Pro. Perhaps I will start GoW next as I am excited to play it. I really do want photo mode, and don’t want to 100% the game before its release. I do use that more often in Horizon and AC:O. Knowing that GoW is getting it soon is enough for me to just wait it out. As most other CaGers, I have many other games to play.

I went to buy a physical copy of Superhot on Amazon UK but my prime membership from my US account isn't working now. Did they change this or am I missing something? It's now telling me to sign up for Prime, I guess through Amazon.uk

I went to buy a physical copy of Superhot on Amazon UK but my prime membership from my US account isn't working now. Did they change this or am I missing something? It's now telling me to sign up for Prime, I guess through Amazon.uk
Prime has never worked on foreign Amazon sites. Each Amazon entity in each foreign country has their own Prime service that requires a separate subscription.

Is the Pro really that important for VR?   Keep reading the Pro is better, but is it just a minor improvement, or is it something like a night and day difference?

Also, how important are the Move controllers?  Wish I would have picked some up when they were cheap, but they're kinda pricey now.  Does it make that much of a difference.

For reference with both of the questions, I"m talking about a casual VR user.  Not someone that would spend much time with it.  Mostly a from time to time type of thing.

Is the Pro really that important for VR? Keep reading the Pro is better, but is it just a minor improvement, or is it something like a night and day difference?

Also, how important are the Move controllers? Wish I would have picked some up when they were cheap, but they're kinda pricey now. Does it make that much of a difference.

For reference with both of the questions, I"m talking about a casual VR user. Not someone that would spend much time with it. Mostly a from time to time type of thing.
I plam on a PS4 slim and VR works great. I can't say about any performance increase, but i don't really see where much of one would comi in except for maybe load times.

As for the Move controllers. Yes, they are pretty much a necessity to play half the games.

Is the Pro really that important for VR? Keep reading the Pro is better, but is it just a minor improvement, or is it something like a night and day difference?

Also, how important are the Move controllers? Wish I would have picked some up when they were cheap, but they're kinda pricey now. Does it make that much of a difference.

For reference with both of the questions, I"m talking about a casual VR user. Not someone that would spend much time with it. Mostly a from time to time type of thing.
I mean, there is a difference, but probably not one to a casual VR user:

https://youtu.be/kWwLqbutsfM

I can't speak of the differences between casual or non-casual gamers, but I picked up a Pro specifically because I wanted the increased visuals (resolution and frame rate) that it provides VR games. A lot of them prior to the pro were just too blurry for my taste, especially around the edge of your eyes.

This page/post has a nice list of Pro benefits for VR games.

I never said GoW specifically is broken. Though something must be wrong if there have been daily patches. The game is on its 5th patch today, and it hasn’t even been out a week.

Like I said, I’ve had games ruined that were broken/had aggrevating bugs, that were patched post launch, sometimes months later. The problem was with some games (looking at you Ubisoft) the patches had no effect on current game saves. I have some games I cannot 100% because of bugs.
The GoW patches have been for tiny improvements like larger text. The majority of the critical reviews for it were without any of the patches.

And photo mode was an exception in that they had planned it early on, but 2anted to focus resources on getting the game 100% ready to go.

Getting the Pro exclusively for the VR upgrade isn't worth it in my opinion. I would only get the Pro if you're interested in EVERYTHING it offers.

As for the Move controllers, they are 100% necessary at this point, especially as they're required for many of the best games, and make a huge difference in the games they're optional for.

Pro is only worth it if you also have a 4k to hook it up to as well.
I can respectfully say that is the further thing from the truth. Before I got a 4k tv, I had a crappy 720p. I saw very modest improvements. Sure the resolution stayed the same but the game looked better and ran better.

I have a Pro and don't have a 4K display and can tell the difference between the Pro and non-Pro.  I have a projector setup and don't plan on getting a 4K projector any time soon.  My screen is 120" and games look fantastic on it even at 1080p.

I love my pro over the slim. I think people arent looking at other benefits. If your looking at the slim vs pro its just $100 extra and imo well worth it. For the deal I got I was almost out nothing to upgrade from the slim, also getting a warranty. Most games look better in vr, some better than others. Games dont give me a headache now. Get an extra usb slot. Got rid of my 500gb hard drive to a 1tb.......

I agree that if you don't own a PS4 already, buying a Pro over a Slim would be a good idea.  As someone who already owns a fat OG PS4 (with a 1TB drive), though, I can't really justifying spending the price difference if I were to trade it in for a Pro.  I believe it's like a $200 difference which doesn't seem worth it, especially since I'm content with PSVR on my OG PS4.

One of the reasons I don't feel like upgrading to a PS4 Pro is I'm guessing we have two years left in this generation. My hardware upgrade for PSVR might as well be a PS5 and a PSVR2.

If I was just now getting a PS4 or if I had to replace mine I would get a Pro, but with the end of the console generation getting near I don't feel the need to upgrade it.

Getting the Pro exclusively for the VR upgrade isn't worth it in my opinion. I would only get the Pro if you're interested in EVERYTHING it offers.

As for the Move controllers, they are 100% necessary at this point, especially as they're required for many of the best games, and make a huge difference in the games they're optional for.
Rather than VR headset upgrade, they should have a new move controllers which include navigation control to go against every PC VR controllers have.

Rather than VR headset upgrade, they should have a new move controllers which include navigation control to go against every PC VR controllers have.
Absolutely. My theory is ps5 will support Bluetooth controllers and psvr 2 won't update the panel but adjust the form factor to eliminate the need for camera tracking. Sony has had to put very little effort in psvr so far so if they're lucky enough to have a decent user base next Xmas then Bluetooth plus better hardware will open the door to porting all current be titles from the pc.

Absolutely. My theory is ps5 will support Bluetooth controllers and psvr 2 won't update the panel but adjust the form factor to eliminate the need for camera tracking. Sony has had to put very little effort in psvr so far so if they're lucky enough to have a decent user base next Xmas then Bluetooth plus better hardware will open the door to porting all current be titles from the pc.
I give the psvr a 50/50 shot at a redesign. I doubt it though. I think another revision with less cords is likely. I do see Sony making a psvr 2 with a 2k or 4K resolution via the ps5. Aledgedly it’s got a lot of vr and ar tech baked into its chips. Let’s be real psvr is the easiest way to play AAA titles. I hope it gets a second model.

My first indication of what I was getting into with Dead Secret is that it's less than 1GB in size (approx. 726MB). For VR gaming, that's not a very good sign; not only is it a short title, but it's not very meaty in the graphics department. Getting past the simple, flat cartoon graphics though, there is a game here. It feels like a throwback to those point-and-click adventures of the '90s that I used to thrive on; in this case, you use the headset to aim your cursor and the DualShock to interact (to move and pick up/use items).

The loose storyline is that you're a female reporter (with a broken arm for some reason) who is investigating a murder in a house all alone...or so she thinks. And that's really all you need to know going in. It took me about 3 hours to figure out (there are multiple "endings" depending at which point you fail) and there is a mild horror element, although it is primarily a murder mystery with one possible outcome. It was originally released for PC in 2016, and the PS4 version can also be played without VR (in fact, the VR doesn't even seem entirely necessary). It's not a bad game, but $15 does seem a little excessive for such a basic experience. I think $7.99 would be the perfect fit.

Also, here's a weird thing: the developers clearly got the trophies wrong. There are only 5 trophies to be earned here, depending on what ending you get (which can all be earned on a single playthrough); however, the objectively best ending (S) earns you a bronze trophy while the three worst endings (B, C, D) all get you gold. It makes absolutely no sense. And that's pretty much what I come away with from this whole experience.

My first indication of what I was getting into with Dead Secret is that it's less than 1GB in size (approx. 726MB). For VR gaming, that's not a very good sign; not only is it a short title, but it's not very meaty in the graphics department. Getting past the simple, flat cartoon graphics though, there is a game here. It feels like a throwback to those point-and-click adventures of the '90s that I used to thrive on; in this case, you use the headset to aim your cursor and the DualShock to interact (to move and pick up/use items).

The loose storyline is that you're a female reporter (with a broken arm for some reason) who is investigating a murder in a house all alone...or so she thinks. And that's really all you need to know going in. It took me about 3 hours to figure out (there are multiple "endings" depending at which point you fail) and there is a mild horror element, although it is primarily a murder mystery with one possible outcome. It was originally released for PC in 2016, and the PS4 version can also be played without VR (in fact, the VR doesn't even seem entirely necessary). It's not a bad game, but $15 does seem a little excessive for such a basic experience. I think $7.99 would be the perfect fit.

Also, here's a weird thing: the developers clearly got the trophies wrong. There are only 5 trophies to be earned here, depending on what ending you get (which can all be earned on a single playthrough); however, the objectively best ending (S) earns you a bronze trophy while the three worst endings (B, C, D) all get you gold. It makes absolutely no sense. And that's pretty much what I come away with from this whole experience.
It's one of the fancier GearVR games from a while back and while a mobile port isn't necessarily a bad thing, it's a bad a sign. I bought it on sale when I got a free Gear with my S7 and thought it was novel but too shallow.

Don't Knock Twice is down to $14.98 on Amazon.com.  Seems like a decent deal considering the normal price is $19.99.  It's been cheaper when it was on sale in the PlayStation Store, but still seems like a good deal for the physical version.

I'm tempted at this price.

There's a new deal this week:

Battlezone Gold Edition - $31.49 - 10% Off - Ends 5/8

The existing deals from last week:

Accounting+ - $8.39 - 30% Off - $7.19 - 40% Off - Ends 5/8

Carnival Games VR - $11.99 - 40% Off - $9.99 - 50% Off - Ends 5/8

GNOG - $10.49 - 30% Off - $5.99 - 60% Off - Ends 5/8

Hatsune Miku: Project Diva X - $24.99 - 50% Off - Ends 5/8

NBA 2KVR Experience - $8.99 - 40% Off - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 5/8

Passengers: Awakening - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 5/8

Rez Infinite - $17.99 - 40% Off - $14.99 - 50% Off - Ends 5/8

Superhot Mind is Software Bundle - $27.99 - 30% Off - $23.99 - 40% Off - Ends 5/8

Superhot VR - $17.49 - 30% Off - $14.99 - 40% Off - Ends 5/8

Surgeon Simulator: Experience Reality - $7.99 - 60% Off - $5.99 - 70% Off - Ends 5/8

Touhou Kobuto V: Burst Battle - $20.99 - 30% Off - $17.99 - 40% Off - Ends 5/8

New Releases:

Killing Floor: Incursion - $29.99

Pirate Flight VR - $14.99

There's an update for Battlezone to turn it into the Gold Edition, which should give you all of the cosmetic DLC for free that was previously for sale. The update itself also adds the ability to play without PSVR, a new comfort menu with a peripheral vision reduction setting that tries to reduce potential issues when turning by shrinking your view with a few options. The rest are small bug fixes and such.

It's one of the fancier GearVR games from a while back and while a mobile port isn't necessarily a bad thing, it's a bad a sign. I bought it on sale when I got a free Gear with my S7 and thought it was novel but too shallow.
Just realized that the sequel was released today on Steam by sheer coincidence: Dead Secret Circle

Guess it'll be another couple of years before it's ported again. Too bad, I was kind of in the mood now.

Don't Knock Twice is down to $14.98 on Amazon.com. Seems like a decent deal considering the normal price is $19.99. It's been cheaper when it was on sale in the PlayStation Store, but still seems like a good deal for the physical version.

I'm tempted at this price.
That seems like a great price actually. The normal physical price is $39.99 if I'm not mistaken. By the way, its down to $14.77 now.

Does anyone have an opinion after playing Volume? There's a limited run games release tomorrow for anyone who cares about owning physical (for $30 + tax + $5 shipping or whatever). 

I like Volume.  It's one of the first games I bought.  It's got a bunch of levels where you play from a 3rd person perspective (kind of like Moss) and have to move your character through different stages without being spotted by guards.

My wishlist/to-buy list is getting pretty long now.  I have 30 games on my wishlist, most of which I'm just waiting for a good sale to happen, and a few that haven't been released yet.

I enjoyed Arizona Sunshine overall on pc, haven't messed with the horde mode stuff but glad to see new dlc

bread's done
Back