Official Playstation VR Deals and Discussion Thread

billyrox

CAGiversary!
Feedback
54 (100%)
Just starting a thread for deals for the Playstation VR. 

I picked up the Core bundle off Amazon and I'm looking for a cheap camera and move controllers.

I found that best buy has some cheap playstation 4 cameras on sale for 39.99 with free shipping.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-playstation-camera-for-playstation-4-black/8245153.p?skuId=8245153

If you all know any good deals for move controllers or launch games, let me know.

Until Dawn: Rush of Blood (PS VR) $15.99 via Amazon (Prime Price). https://www.amazon.c...heapassgam08-20

Last edited by a moderator:
Additional benefits to a paid service is not the same as a ‘cheap ploy’. Additional percentage off of sales is not some trick to take advantage of people. They let you know the benefits up front and it’s up to you to determine if it’s worth your dollar. Some choose to buy the service, some don’t. Either is fine. Most paid services offer numerous benefits, PS+, Live Gold, Amazon Prime, etc should be no exception. There’s no real argument here...

There's rumors of a version 3 being unveiled at E3. Might want to wait a few.
Sony said they're not showing any new hardware at E3 and they've also said their press conference is going to be mostly 4 games, none of which are for VR.

Just looked and there's only 1 TX location for theaters showing the Sony E3 press conference, removing the theater I went to the last 2 years. I guess that makes it an easy decision on whether I go or not. I'm not that interested in the 4 games they're showing, but it's kinda nice to get the little bit of free stuff that they give out for attending.

any details on the vr bundles that will be $200? just the doom one?

hoping that preowned ones on amazon will also drop because of this 2 week special.

along.jpg

Along Together is a competent puzzle platformer in the tradition of Moss, Wayward Sky and Light Tracer, from the makers of Floor Plan. Like Moss, you play the role of protector, using your Almighty hand to push/pull objects and clear obstacles, while controlling the character with DS4 -- but the controls are more simplistic (jumping and climbing is automatic), and instead of exploring and solving one area at a time, the camera drifts along with the character (which is a little disorienting at first). Unlike Moss, however, the graphics are cheap and unsophisticated and the story is shallow. The gameplay lasts 15 levels across three overworlds, starting out easy at first and getting ridiculously tricky by the last stage. Since there are no trophy guides, walkthroughs or any other kind of information online, it took me about 4 hours to complete the game and get the platinum (due to one pesky bronze trophy I missed in 2-2).

I don't recommend it for what I paid for it (even with the extra 20% off), but it did make for a pretty fun Sunday afternoon.

any details on the vr bundles that will be $200? just the doom one?

hoping that preowned ones on amazon will also drop because of this 2 week special.
They're dropping $100, so the Doom VFR bundle should be $200 and the Skyrim bundle will be $250. If you don't have Move controllers, the Skyrim bundle is the best deal for the full package with everything you need for PSVR games.

along.jpg

Along Together is a competent puzzle platformer in the tradition of Moss, Wayward Sky and Light Tracer, from the makers of Floor Plan. Like Moss, you play the role of protector, using your Almighty hand to push/pull objects and clear obstacles, while controlling the character with DS4 -- but the controls are more simplistic (jumping and climbing is automatic), and instead of exploring and solving one area at a time, the camera drifts along with the character (which is a little disorienting at first). Unlike Moss, however, the graphics are cheap and unsophisticated and the story is shallow. The gameplay lasts 15 levels across three overworlds, starting out easy at first and getting ridiculously tricky by the last stage. Since there are no trophy guides, walkthroughs or any other kind of information online, it took me about 4 hours to complete the game and get the platinum (due to one pesky bronze trophy I missed in 2-2).

I don't recommend it for what I paid for it (even with the extra 20% off), but it did make for a pretty fun Sunday afternoon.
Thanks for the update, this is a great short review and while it sounds like an easy platinum I'm holding out for bigger PSVR games at this point unless they get universal acclaim (like To the Top).

On that note, anyone bought To the Top yet and have an opinion on it?

Sony's starting E3 early with daily announcements starting on Wednesday and a few involve PSVR:

https://twitter.com/PlayStation/status/1003653012252954624

Wednesday, June 6 at 8am Pacific

Announce: New PS4 Game With PS VR Support

Thursday, June 7 at 8am Pacific
Release Date for an Upcoming Worldwide Studios Title

Friday, June 8 at 8am Pacific
Announce: New PS4 Game

Saturday, June 9 at 8am Pacific
Announce: New PS VR Game

Sunday, June 10 at 8am Pacific
Details: An Eagerly Anticipated Game Comes to PS VR

Guessing that the last one is Fallout 4 VR.

What are the rumors on this? I dumped my V1 cause I only see the price going lower. Figure I'll upgrade to DOOM Bundle if nothing comes from E3.
Granted I think a V3 is a slim probably a Fallout 4 Bundle is probably incoming.

I don't know the validity of this leak (best to assume it's just fake), but some of these would be surprising if it was real.

playstation-e3-2018-bloodborne-2-devil-may-cry-5-leak-showcase-450x600.jpg

People make tons of those sorts of lists, so it has a 99% chance of being fake. No Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 or Destiny 2 Fall expansion segments are the key issues since those are big partnerships that Sony will feature during their show.

If they remade RE1 and 2 in VR holy shit I would be so sold on those!
Considering RE7 had a vr mode, I’m sure RE2 will as well. Maybe not on launch, but down the line as dlc. I would love to explore the world of RE2 and RE1 in VR. Anything after re4 hasn’t been my cup of tea.

PUBG says to me it's fake. I doubt Microsoft's exclusivity is up yet. I'm guessing that deal is for at least one year, and I think it's Xbox One release was in December. I don't think Sony would be able to promote PUBG while the exclusivity deal is in place.

PUBG says to me it's fake. I doubt Microsoft's exclusivity is up yet. I'm guessing that deal is for at least one year, and I think it's Xbox One release was in December. I don't think Sony would be able to promote PUBG while the exclusivity deal is in place.
Agreed. It looks like a compilation of rumors which means some of it might be true. The three PSVR games bode very well for the overall approach. Sony needs 6 big games from here to Christmas to sell some more headsets and they have Golem and Blood and Truth. They need 4 more.

According to news reports last Fall, the exclusivity period even with the extension Microsoft negotiated was only through mid to late 2018. We are already in mid-2018.

Is it safe to say Moss won't be getting the Amazon preorder discount since BB discontinued GCU?
I don't think its because of that as there are still plenty other game preorders that still have the Prime 20% off discount. I imagine a Prime member can contact customer service and have the Prime discount applied manually since its not a CE so it should be eligible for the 20% off. In fact I may just try that later this week.

I don't think its because of that as there are still plenty other game preorders that still have the Prime 20% off discount. I imagine a Prime member can contact customer service and have the Prime discount applied manually since its not a CE so it should be eligible for the 20% off. In fact I may just try that later this week.
I actually did try this yesterday. Got the hard eff-off from a customer service rep. Very unclear these days what the rule is on the 20% off pre-orders besides "whenever we feel like" basically. Don't expect it to get better now that BB has cancelled GCU. Like wtf is up with this verbiage?

[attachment=30326:Screen Shot 2018-06-07 at 10.20.35 PM.png]​

I actually did try this yesterday. Got the hard eff-off from a customer service rep. Very unclear these days what the rule is on the 20% off pre-orders besides "whenever we feel like" basically. Don't expect it to get better now that BB has cancelled GCU. Like wtf is up with this verbiage?

Doesn’t make much sense. Mega Man 11, another PS4 game shows the discount. I don’t know why Moss doesn’t qualify. Is BB not planning to carry Moss? I can’t find it on their site.

If you have GCU, Bestbuy just listed Moss with the discount.

Doesn’t make much sense. Mega Man 11, another PS4 game shows the discount. I don’t know why Moss doesn’t qualify. Is BB not planning to carry Moss? I can’t find it on their site.
Looks like Best Buy just added it recently (couldn't find it myself until today). Will be ordering it from BB with GCU discount.

Can anyone point me to a list of Playstation VR Physical exclusives? Just ordered The Inpatient from the Best Buy Sale and curious to see what else there is I might be interested in.

I bought an Aim controller at Gamestop. I played a bit of Doom to make sure it works, but I'll wait until I buy Farpoint to fully play with it. And I'll probably wait until next Friday to make my PSN purchases just in case a promo shows up.

I'm hoping Paranormal Activity gets a good sale on Tuesday. As I was playing The Invisible Hours a couple times I thought if a ghost showed up right now it would scare the hell out of me. Stuff like that doesn't happen in that game, and it made me curious about Paranormal Activity.

How useful is the deluxe content for Gran Turismo Sport? Anyone know?
Looking at the game's page, you mainly get extra cash and a starter pack of cars unlocked from the get go. I'm guessing it makes the early parts of the game a bit easier before you have to grind a bit more, so it depends on what you want the early game to be like.

Can anyone point me to a list of Playstation VR Physical exclusives? Just ordered The Inpatient from the Best Buy Sale and curious to see what else there is I might be interested in.
Some Good Samaritan in this thread keeps an updated, complete list of U.S. physical PSVR releases, but unfortunately the search sucks on this site so I can’t find it. We can only hope he sees this message and decides to repost it.

As far as exclusives go, the most obvious one I can think of is Moss (physical is up for preorder). Here are a few others from a mostly outdated source: https://www.vrheads.com/these-are-exclusive-games-playstation-vr

Hey is the Paranormal Activity game worth the $10? I watched a couple of reviews on youtube, but curious what the feedback on here is with the game.

anyone have experience with the VR Playroom game? i cant figure out how to play games on it. starts out with the claw machine and I cant use the claw machine because it says I need coins that I win from playing games.............but I cnt seem to find out where the games are. I know I must be overlooking something. First day with the VR,

anyone have experience with the VR Playroom game? i cant figure out how to play games on it. starts out with the claw machine and I cant use the claw machine because it says I need coins that I win from playing games.............but I cnt seem to find out where the games are. I know I must be overlooking something. First day with the VR,
The Playroom was probably the second PSVR game I played (back in December), so I'm scratching my head trying to remember. As I recall, you had to look around the main room (not the claw machine) in order to highlight the different minigames with your headset and then select them. I'm not sure if Move controllers are required for that. If I still had it installed, I'd check it for you right now.

There were a couple games added that you have to download but I think you exit by pushing on the touchpad. Its strange that it STARTS you in the claw machine. I don't think I've ever had that happen. In the main hub you look around to select the game and then you once again have to confirm by holding X.

My order of Moss shipped from Amazon. I was charged the full $30. I spent time on the phone with a customer service rep last night, and he escalated the case to the promotions team. This morning I got an email saying I’ll get a refund of $5.99 in 3-5 days.

For anyone else with the same issue.

bread's done
Back