Official Playstation VR Deals and Discussion Thread

billyrox

CAGiversary!
Feedback
54 (100%)
Just starting a thread for deals for the Playstation VR. 

I picked up the Core bundle off Amazon and I'm looking for a cheap camera and move controllers.

I found that best buy has some cheap playstation 4 cameras on sale for 39.99 with free shipping.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-playstation-camera-for-playstation-4-black/8245153.p?skuId=8245153

If you all know any good deals for move controllers or launch games, let me know.

Until Dawn: Rush of Blood (PS VR) $15.99 via Amazon (Prime Price). https://www.amazon.c...heapassgam08-20

Last edited by a moderator:
The moment I saw the blog post say that it featured "original music", I lost all interest. The reason I love Rock Band is because nine out of ten times, I know the song and love the music genre.  I couldn't get into Thumper because I hated the music.  I can easily see this following suit.

The moment I saw the blog post say that it featured "original music", I lost all interest. The reason I love Rock Band is because nine out of ten times, I know the song and love the music genre. I couldn't get into Thumper because I hated the music. I can easily see this following suit.
If you like electronic, the Beat Saber soundtrack is fantastic. If you don't like that genre at all, that sounds more like a "you" problem and has nothing to do with whether the tracks are "original music" or licensed.

The soundtrack: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rlr1cRWoh2s&list=PL1h7TB-szIt4z0hUjBsKcvJFc3pH5TK1h

If you like electronic, the Beat Saber soundtrack is fantastic. If you don't like that genre at all, that sounds more like a "you" problem and has nothing to do with whether the tracks are "original music" or licensed.

The soundtrack: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rlr1cRWoh2s&list=PL1h7TB-szIt4z0hUjBsKcvJFc3pH5TK1h
I'm with Kain.

The game may be fun, but the music will annoy the piss out of me.

First thing I do when I play *any* game... go to settings and turn music off. Nintendo games, I tend to MUTE the damn game cause most of the time you are forced to hear that crap.

I do not listen to certain genres of music, I listen to the SONG I like. And only listen to any music when I need to pass the time doing something else (like at work) as soon as I get out of my truck at home... music does not exist until work the next day.

I'm with Kain.

The game may be fun, but the music will annoy the piss out of me.

First thing I do when I play *any* game... go to settings and turn music off. Nintendo games, I tend to MUTE the damn game cause most of the time you are forced to hear that crap.

I do not listen to certain genres of music, I listen to the SONG I like. And only listen to any music when I need to pass the time doing something else (like at work) as soon as I get out of my truck at home... music does not exist until work the next day.
Why would you buy a rhythm game if you don't like music?

I'm with Kain.
The game may be fun, but the music will annoy the piss out of me. "And you know how I hear new "Songs" that I like or even heard any music at all in my entire life since I only listen to music that doesnt exist until I already like it? Dreams. All music comes from my dreams."

I do not listen to certain genres of music, I listen to the SONG I like. And only listen to any music when I need to pass the time doing something else (like at work) as soon as I get out of my truck at home... music does not exist until work the next day. And if you guys are nice I will allow music tomorrow. depends how I feel. Maybe I like xylophone tomorrow.

I'm with Kain.
The game may be fun, but the music will annoy the piss out of me. "And you know how I hear new "Songs" that I like or even heard any music at all in my entire life since I only listen to music that doesnt exist until I already like it? Dreams. All music comes from my dreams."

I do not listen to certain genres of music, I listen to the SONG I like. And only listen to any music when I need to pass the time doing something else (like at work) as soon as I get out of my truck at home... music does not exist until work the next day. And if you guys are nice I will allow music tomorrow. depends how I feel. Maybe I like xylophone tomorrow.
here... helped others be able to read your post.... hint, you type outside of the box of the person you are quoting...

First part, I have XM in my truck. I'll give new stuff a chance... after about 30 seconds i know if i like it or it's garbage. (Most is recycled garbage)

2nd part, WTF does me not listening to music have anything to do with what ANYONE else listens to?

And if you want to know. Metal, Thrash, older Hard Rock, Some Blues, some Country. Outside that, hard pass.

Reading comprehension....

Maybe try reading my first post, then this post.
It still doesn't make sense. What about this is different? You're just ranting about how much you hate music in games and rhythm games in general.

Also, maybe be less of a dick when you're ranting about music and rhythm games.

Maybe the swinging of the move controllers like light sabers?........  :roll:

Maybe if people would actually read.... i wouldn't have to call them out. (this is not your first time you misread my posts, remember you quoted ME saying something that someone else actually said..... and you attacked me.....)

Maybe the swinging of the move controllers like light sabers?........ :roll:

Maybe if people would actually read.... i wouldn't have to call them out. (this is not your first time you misread my posts, remember you quoted ME saying something that someone else actually said..... and you attacked me.....)
I wasn't attacking you. I asked a question. I'm sorry that's too much for you.

https://bethesda.net/en/article/6f0ZS1a1qMcqqQ6Sc4MyuA/new-vr-experiences-revealed-at-be3

They don't specify platforms, but Bethesda announced Prey: Typhon Hunter VR (multiplayer prop hunt) and Wolfenstein: Cyberpilot. Prey will be available standalone or free with the Mooncrash expansion or Digital Deluxe edition. Wolfenstein: Cyberpilot is out in 2019 and is standalone.

This also seems to be coming to VR, as well:

https://twitter.com/BethesdaStudios/status/1006005498104041472

The Mooncrash dlc for Prey is up for purchase on PSN. Not only does it not say it has some kind of PSVR support, it doesn't say anything about Typhon Hunter or the puzzle solving mode coming later. It could be an oversight, but I'll hold off on buying Mooncrash until either the PSN listing says it includes those two modes, or until after those modes are released on PS4.

The Mooncrash dlc for Prey is up for purchase on PSN. Not only does it not say it has some kind of PSVR support, it doesn't say anything about Typhon Hunter or the puzzle solving mode coming later. It could be an oversight, but I'll hold off on buying Mooncrash until either the PSN listing says it includes those two modes, or until after those modes are released on PS4.
From the announcement above:

"Typhon Hunter will be available later this summer as part of the Mooncrash DLC or in the Prey: Digital Deluxe."

From the announcement above:

"Typhon Hunter will be available later this summer as part of the Mooncrash DLC or in the Prey: Digital Deluxe."
Yeah, I noted Typhon Hunter the puzzle mode are coming later. But there doesn't seem to be any word on if PSVR is getting them in VR. The PSN page doesn't mention PSVR compatibility, or even mention the two modes.

It's hard to imagine the PS4 version won't at least get the two modes without VR, but I'll hold off buying the dlc until it's certain they are. That would be after a better PSN description is put up, or after they are released. It's just good practice. If a listing doesn't say I'll get something with my purchase I don't assume I'll get it.

https://bethesda.net/en/article/6f0ZS1a1qMcqqQ6Sc4MyuA/new-vr-experiences-revealed-at-be3

They don't specify platforms, but Bethesda announced Prey: Typhon Hunter VR (multiplayer prop hunt) and Wolfenstein: Cyberpilot. Prey will be available standalone or free with the Mooncrash expansion or Digital Deluxe edition. Wolfenstein: Cyberpilot is out in 2019 and is standalone.

This also seems to be coming to VR, as well:

https://twitter.com/BethesdaStudios/status/1006005498104041472
Reddit found pretty solid evidence Wolfenstein is getting a physical release for PSVR which says a lot about their expectations for it. Word is Elder Scrolls will support Oculus Go which also bodes well for PSVR.

I just bought a psvr for $250 the skirym bundle I am hesitant to open it because I am not sure it is worth it. You guys that own the system are you enjoying it? Should I keep it or return it? Thanks for your help

New stuff from the press conference:

Trover Saves the Universe (Squanch Games, Accounting+):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNChp70SgHc

Deracine (From Software):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngQjvnqEOyA

PSVR Montage:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vL4kUvhbeqU

Trover Saves the Universe

Tetris Effect

Moss

Ghost Giant

Beat Saber

Firewall Zero Hour

Doom VFR

Creed: Rise to Glory

Evasion

Star Trek: Bridge Crew TNG Expansion

The Persistance

Star Child

Skyrim VR

Jupiter & Mars

Astro Bots: Rescue Mission

Vacation Simulator

Superhot VR

I just bought a psvr for $250 the skirym bundle I am hesitant to open it because I am not sure it is worth it. You guys that own the system are you enjoying it? Should I keep it or return it? Thanks for your help
Definitely keep it. Not only is it a great deal for that bundle, but the psvr is amazing. I’ve had three friends try my vr and two of them went out and bought one within a couple of weeks. The other friend doesn’t own a PS4 but still thought it was really cool. I also recommend going to Best Buy and getting some of the VR games they have on sale this week for $10. VR Worlds and Rush of Blood (beware motion sickness on RoB) are great for $10. Paranormal Activity is also $10. I have that one but haven’t played it yet so I can’t directly recommend it, but I’ve heard it’s good

Has anyone bought the aim controller at GS for $50? Still seems overpriced.
Even though it seems expensive, it’s not that bad actually. I’ll throw some numbers your way for perspective. Hopefully it helps you.

I bought the Aim/Farpoint bundle from Newegg a while ago for $64, no tax. This is the cheapest I personally have seen the bundle. I’m quite happy with my purchase. Best Buy still lists the bundle for retail price of $80 (64 w/gcu) but is sold out online and within 250 miles of me so I’m not sure if it’s being phased out or what. I just searched Newegg and couldn’t find a listing for it. Amazon only has it through 3rd party sellers wanting absurd prices. Farpoint is currently on sale at Best Buy for $15/12gcu putting the Aim+Farpoint about equal to the best price they’ve ever been.

The Aim controller is much better than I, or most people, would have expected it to be. It’s a solid investment if you have serious interest in VR shooters

Even though it seems expensive, it’s not that bad actually. I’ll throw some numbers your way for perspective. Hopefully it helps you.

I bought the Aim/Farpoint bundle from Newegg a while ago for $64, no tax. This is the cheapest I personally have seen the bundle. I’m quite happy with my purchase. Best Buy still lists the bundle for retail price of $80 (64 w/gcu) but is sold out online and within 250 miles of me so I’m not sure if it’s being phased out or what. I just searched Newegg and couldn’t find a listing for it. Amazon only has it through 3rd party sellers wanting absurd prices. Farpoint is currently on sale at Best Buy for $15/12gcu putting the Aim+Farpoint about equal to the best price they’ve ever been.

The Aim controller is much better than I, or most people, would have expected it to be. It’s a solid investment if you have serious interest in VR shooters
John Kodera, is that you? It's working...

I just bought the Doom bundle from Target on google express for $160. Am I going to regret this? Any tips? PSN is down right now so I can’t check prices on games to compare to the BB sale. My wife is going to kill me. She’ll make fun of me first. Then she’ll kill me.

I just bought the Doom bundle from Target on google express for $160. Am I going to regret this? Any tips? PSN is down right now so I can’t check prices on games to compare to the BB sale. My wife is going to kill me. She’ll make fun of me first. Then she’ll kill me.
Wait how did you get it for $160? Can you point me in the right direction?

Only Skyrim VR (game) shows up when when I search google express for playstation vr / target

Wait how did you get it for $160? Can you point me in the right direction?

Only Skyrim VR (game) shows up when when I search google express for playstation vr / target
I used the app and searched for “Playstation VR.” The Doom bundle is listed at $400 from Fry’s, but if you click on “other sellers” you see it at $199 from Target. Since it was the first time I’d used the app, I got 20% off, taking it to $160.

I would have bought the Skyrim bundle for the move controllers, but there was no option other than Fry’s for $350 for it.

I used the app and searched for “Playstation VR.” The Doom bundle is listed at $400 from Fry’s, but if you click on “other sellers” you see it at $199 from Target. Since it was the first time I’d used the app, I got 20% off, taking it to $160.

I would have bought the Skyrim bundle for the move controllers, but there was no option other than Fry’s for $350 for it.
Ah I see. I assumed I needed the move controllers but I guess it's not a big deal/price difference to just buy them later. Hmm

If it's any consolation, that's the lowest I've ever heard of anyone getting it for. My only advice for you to escape your wife's wrath is to try and convert her alongside you. If she's even a casual gamer, you both can have some fun with The Playroom VR (free on PSN). My main tip is to make sure you change the eye-to-eye distance in settings for best possible clarity and don't push yourself too hard if you're feeling motion sick.

What’s the verdict on move controllers? Necessary? How much do they add to the experience? Worth it?
You're severely handicapped without them. Like Kain said, most games have no other option. They also add to the immersion by usually acting as each "hand" (depending on the game, of course).

The deals for today:

Driveclub VR - $5.99 - 60% Off - $4.49 - 70% Off - Ends 6/19

Eagle Flight - $15.99 - 60% Off - $11.99 - 70% Off - Ends 6/19

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim VR - $47.99 - 20% Off - $44.99 - 25% Off - Ends 6/19

Resident Evil 7 Biohazard - $22.49 - 25% Off - $19.49 - 35% Off - Ends 6/19

Resident Evil 7 Biohazard Gold Edition - $34.99 - 30% Off - $29.99 - 40% Off - Ends 6/19

Resident Evil 7 Biohazard - Season Pass - $17.99 - 40% Off - $14.99 - 50% Off - Ends 6/19

Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration - $23.99 - 60% Off - $17.99 - 70% Off - Ends 6/19

Sprint Vector - $20.99 - 30% Off - Ends 6/19

Star Trek: Bridge Crew - $19.99 - 50% Off - $15.99 - 60% Off - Ends 6/19

Statik - $9.99 - 50% Off - Ends 6/19

Tekken 7 - $29.99 - 50% Off - $23.99 - 60% Off - Ends 6/19 - Not supposed to be worth it just for PSVR

Tekken 7 Deluxe Edition - $42.49 - 50% Off - $33.99 - 60% Off - Ends 6/19 - Not supposed to be worth it just for PSVR

Until Dawn: Rush of Blood - $11.24 - 25% Off - $10.49 - 30% Off - Ends 6/19

Werewolves Within - $12.89 - 57% Off - $9.89 - 67% Off - Ends 6/19

Any indication that Battlefront II will get another VR mission? I know it was hinted at before release, but haven't really heard anything since then.

What games support the AIM controller? I'm wondering if it's worth buying or not. Do any of y'all think it wasn't worth it?
Dick Wyle

Doom VFR

Farpoint

Arizona Sunshine

Blasters of the Universe

The Perfect Sniper

probably a couple more.

Frankly I was disappointed with Doom support but Dick Wylde works well and I've heard Arizona does as well. If you have any inclination to the Rainbow 6 style of tactical shooter Firewall Zero uses the aim incredibly well by all accounts and looks to be the most robust use of it yet. Word is it could get a surprise release any day now.

Any indication that Battlefront II will get another VR mission? I know it was hinted at before release, but haven't really heard anything since then.
No, EA has outright said it's not happening and they are biding their time with anything Star Wars VR. The enthusiast VR community wents nuts because it's only on PS4 at this stage.

bread's done
Back