Official Playstation VR Deals and Discussion Thread

billyrox

CAGiversary!
Feedback
54 (100%)
Just starting a thread for deals for the Playstation VR. 

I picked up the Core bundle off Amazon and I'm looking for a cheap camera and move controllers.

I found that best buy has some cheap playstation 4 cameras on sale for 39.99 with free shipping.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-playstation-camera-for-playstation-4-black/8245153.p?skuId=8245153

If you all know any good deals for move controllers or launch games, let me know.

Until Dawn: Rush of Blood (PS VR) $15.99 via Amazon (Prime Price). https://www.amazon.c...heapassgam08-20

Last edited by a moderator:
Hoping Moss physical goes on sale soon. Would like to play it after the demo. I'm concerned it's too short for the launch price.

Hoping Moss physical goes on sale soon. Would like to play it after the demo. I'm concerned it's too short for the launch price.
This game just released on physical like a couple weeks ago. I wouldn't expect to find it on sale any time soon, especially with the praise the game is getting.

And it's definitely worth the $30 price tag regardless of it's length. Hopefully those guys get enough money to warrant a sequel.

So I just watched the most recent Tomb Raider movie and it kicked ass, and it made me realize I completely missed out on Rise of the Tomb Raider.  The last one I played was on Xbox 360.

And I see there is a VR piece of this game on PS4. 

My question is, what exactly does the VR stuff add?  Is the whole game in VR or just part of it?  The reason I ask is because if it's just a gimmicky part of it, I'd rather get it on Xbox One because I prefer that controller, but if there is some extra shit in VR I'd maybe consider it for PS4 instead, if it's a free download thing for it.

So I just watched the most recent Tomb Raider movie and it kicked ass, and it made me realize I completely missed out on Rise of the Tomb Raider. The last one I played was on Xbox 360.

My question is, what exactly does the VR stuff add? Is the whole game in VR or just part of it? The reason I ask is because if it's just a gimmicky part of it, I'd rather get it on Xbox One because I prefer that controller, but if there is some extra shit in VR I'd maybe consider it for PS4 instead, if it's a free download thing for it.
Taken from an article I found on it:

What's odd is that by making only Blood Ties VR compatible, there's a sense that you're not really getting the full Tomb Raider experience. Not only do you lose the impact of Lara as a presence, you don't really get to take part in any of that visceral tomb raiding combat either.

Blood Ties VR is a great novelty, certainly, and exploring Croft Manor whilst wearing the PSVR headset is pretty awe-inspiring. But it doesn't suggest that the Tomb Raider franchise as it is now would be improved by a longer VR experience.

So I just watched the most recent Tomb Raider movie and it kicked ass, and it made me realize I completely missed out on Rise of the Tomb Raider. The last one I played was on Xbox 360.

My question is, what exactly does the VR stuff add? Is the whole game in VR or just part of it? The reason I ask is because if it's just a gimmicky part of it, I'd rather get it on Xbox One because I prefer that controller, but if there is some extra shit in VR I'd maybe consider it for PS4 instead, if it's a free download thing for it.
I played it. I'm a big fan of the reboot and bought the ultimate edition on PS4 when I learned the same thing. They added a level that you unlock after the tutorial stage where you return to Croft manor and solve puzzles to learn more about the history of the macguffin you're chasing. It's maybe a 30 minute level and the VR is decent but a little janky. No combat or crazy gymnastics to accommodate the VR I believe. The one thing I remember is that after beating the level I played it in 2D for a minute and it felt like watching a video I made of a vacation I went on.

I played it. I'm a big fan of the reboot and bought the ultimate edition on PS4 when I learned the same thing. They added a level that you unlock after the tutorial stage where you return to Croft manor and solve puzzles to learn more about the history of the macguffin you're chasing. It's maybe a 30 minute level and the VR is decent but a little janky. No combat or crazy gymnastics to accommodate the VR I believe. The one thing I remember is that after beating the level I played it in 2D for a minute and it felt like watching a video I made of a vacation I went on.
So the only VR stuff is basically an addon where you just walk around the manor?

Any recommendations from you guys for the flash sale? In my cart I have:

Thumper
Archangel
Gunjack (it’s 2 bucks)
Hyper Void (heard there’s a be node that’s decent)

Anything I’m missing? Should I skip any of these?

Thumper
Archangel
Gunjack (it’s 2 bucks)

Hyper void is a crappier version of Thumper and Archangel has been cheaper a bunch of times

Thumper
Archangel
Gunjack (it’s 2 bucks)

Thumper is amazing, good choice with that one. Psychonauts is supposed to be good, though I haven’t played it. I’ll be getting it in this sale. Watch some reviews on Darknet. I bought it last time it was on sale based on reviews. Unfortunately I haven’t played it yet to comment, but the reviews were positive. Stay away from the Oaisis Ltd games (Weeping Doll, Drying Reborn). The reviews were so overwhelmingly and unanimously bad that I couldn’t even pull the trigger when they were $.99.

If anybody wants Rick & Morty Virtual Rickality Collectors edition, Amazon has it down to their all time low of $24.08, which is actually less than they have the vanilla version going for right now. You can get it for under $20 through warehouse deals, but in “acceptable” condition. I opted for brand new

Hyper void is a crappier version of Thumper and Archangel has been cheaper a bunch of times
I don't know how you can compare Hyper Void to Thumper; they're totally different types of games. Hyper Void is a very colorful, shooting game where you fly your space ship through various shaped landscapes (they could be flat, tubular like Tempest, or even warped to the point where they wrap back in on themselves) while blasting enemies and collecting power-ups. Thumper is a high-speed race along an extremely narrow path, slamming your beetle ship against the walls while listening to horrible, ear-bleeding music.

I completed Hyper Void. Just playing the demo of Thumper on the VR Demo Disc was enough to convince me to run far, far away.

Thumper gets pretty different than what is on the demo.  It gets A fuckTON harder too with all the shit you have to do.  The music is pretty odd in the game but it fits the trippy as play style of the game perfectly IMO.  I can definitely see how the music can turn people off of the game though, it's just odd.  But Thumper is basically a beat matching game, like Guitar Hero on shrooms.

I love Thumper. Lots of people love Thumper (it’s in the 80s on metacritic, 9/10 on ign for example). I played the demo and was blown away. I bought it very soon after playing the demo (the next time it was on sale). But if somebody hated the demo, they aren’t going to like the game.

Turns out Hyper Void was PS+ last year and I own it that way. It has a separate VR level pack that you have to download from the store. I watched a gameplay video of it on YouTube and it looks cool even though overall opinion of the game isn’t stellar (in the 60s on metacritic). No that I know I own it I’ll check it out and see for myself

This game just released on physical like a couple weeks ago. I wouldn't expect to find it on sale any time soon, especially with the praise the game is getting.

And it's definitely worth the $30 price tag regardless of it's length. Hopefully those guys get enough money to warrant a sequel.
Yeah they are already working on chapter 2. Sony just needs to embrace the crap out of Moss and make Quill their mascot for PSVR.

Virtual Rick-Ality is on sale at Best Buy for $20/16gcu. The collectors edition is on sale too but for $40/32. The CE is still cheaper on amazon, about $26 atm

Trying to figure out what games I own that are psvr compatible. Problem is the “library” on PS4 won’t show that it’s psvr compatible unless it’s already downloaded. I’ve been looking games up from my purchased list on the PlayStation web store and looking at descriptions for the no kids under 12 warning. But then I got to hyper void and noticed that there wasn’t the warning. In the flash sale it did not show up when sorting by psvr catagory. Someone in this thread had mentioned it earlier which is what made me realize that it’s compatible. I wonder what other games I have that I might be glancing over

Trying to figure out what games I own that are psvr compatible. Problem is the “library” on PS4 won’t show that it’s psvr compatible unless it’s already downloaded. I’ve been looking games up from my purchased list on the PlayStation web store and looking at descriptions for the no kids under 12 warning. But then I got to hyper void and noticed that there wasn’t the warning. In the flash sale it did not show up when sorting by psvr catagory. Someone in this thread had mentioned it earlier which is what made me realize that it’s compatible. I wonder what other games I have that I might be glancing over
Not many games have received VR patches but a couple that might not show up properly classified are Volume and Bound. After that Wipeout got one but was never a PS+ game like the other two. That said, Wipeout might be the best VR game released so far unless you hate the very concept of a futuristic racer.

https://bethesda.net/en/devnote/1KozmAZ0iQeyKeiciiWcy/the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim-psvr-1-4-40-0-8-update

Skyrim VR got a big update today with improved visuals and Move controls:

• Added a new main menu experience
  • Globally improved visual fidelity, particularly on PS4 Pro
  • Increased the maximum value for the height offset slider
  • Various bugfixes
  • Changes when using PS Move controllers:
    In direct movement, changed the secondary X button to move the player backwards.
  • Added a new option, enabled by default, to "Show Hands When Sheathed"
  • Sheath/unsheath has been moved to hold secondary O.
  • Adjusted angle for spell targeting to be more comfortable
  • The existing swimming has been moved to a new option for “Realistic Swimming”. Swimming by default now uses Direct Movement style controls
  • Added option for HMD-relative direct movement instead of controller-relative direct movement.
  • Added a new option for “Realistic Bow Aiming” which uses both PS Move controllers to aim
  • Players can now point at map markers and get information on them in local map mode

Not many games have received VR patches but a couple that might not show up properly classified are Volume and Bound. After that Wipeout got one but was never a PS+ game like the other two. That said, Wipeout might be the best VR game released so far unless you hate the very concept of a futuristic racer.
I played wipeout for the first time this weekend. It’s pretty incredible. I lasted exactly one race before needing to puke, though. That 90 degree drop in the first race? Holy shit!

I played wipeout for the first time this weekend. It’s pretty incredible. I lasted exactly one race before needing to puke, though. That 90 degree drop in the first race? Holy shit!
You may want to adjust your game/view settings. The default settings made me sick as well, but then I changed the view and I was fine.

There’s a lot of comfort settings to mess with though default is on the conservative side.

You may want to adjust your game/view settings. The default settings made me sick as well, but then I changed the view and I was fine.
Ahhh... I defininitely need to play with that. What did you end up doing to help?

I should probably just google a beginner’s guide for this thing.

Salary Man Escape came out today and it was the first I had heard of it.  If anyone gets it please leave impressions.  It looks like a neat little puzzle game.

I'm curious about Wraith, especially with the Aim controler. Seems like it could be good, but there are no reviews.

Salary Man Escape came out today and it was the first I had heard of it. If anyone gets it please leave impressions. It looks like a neat little puzzle game.
It's by Oasis Games. That's my first impression. ;)

And yeah, Wraith might be the only thing that stands out this week. I didn't even know about the Aim support.

Some new deals this week:

Chess Ultra - $6.49 - 50% Off - Ends 7/3
Salary Man Escape VR - $15.99 - 20% Off - Ends 7/10
Smashbox Arena - $5.99 - 70% Off - Ends 7/3
Touhou Kobuto V: Burst Battle - $8.99 - 70% Off - Ends 7/3
Wraith VR - $6.49 - 35% Off - Ends 7/3

Continuing from last week:

Football Nation VR Tournament 2018 - $6.99 - 30% Off - $5.99 - 40% Off - Ends 7/3

New Release:

Pinball FX2 VR - Universal Classics Pinball - $19.99
Alright, I just learned that Pinball fx2 is a thing. Ever since I got PSVR I’ve been wishing that Pinball FX would get a vr mode, and here it already exists.

Anybody have any of these tables? Are they as good as I am imagining them to be?

Alright, I just learned that Pinball fx2 is a thing. Ever since I got PSVR I’ve been wishing that Pinball FX would get a vr mode, and here it already exists.

Anybody have any of these tables? Are they as good as I am imagining them to be?
I don't have the new tables, but if you want to see the base tables in action, I made a video showing them off a while back:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ml5ooUpxlqQ

It's pretty good for what it is and they do some cool stuff for the VR aspects of the game.

I have the 2D versions. Unfortunately the VR versions aren't discounted for numerous reasons but to the defense Zen studios they don't just throw the tables in VR. They essentially create numerous new animations that occur in the near space around the table that are based on the tables theme. For example, the Jaws table is sitting on water and Jaw comes out and bites the table.

The 2D tables are solid but none have the iconic music from the films which is a huge loss. Also I believe all the tables use mediocre soundalikes for voice rather than sound bites from the film which is often a choice for licensed tables. Otherwise I hear the 3D and VR is quite solid and clear but I can't rationalize double dipping myself after spending 100 bucks on Pinball FX and Pinball Arcade each.

bread's done
Back