Official Playstation VR Deals and Discussion Thread

billyrox

CAGiversary!
Feedback
54 (100%)
Just starting a thread for deals for the Playstation VR. 

I picked up the Core bundle off Amazon and I'm looking for a cheap camera and move controllers.

I found that best buy has some cheap playstation 4 cameras on sale for 39.99 with free shipping.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-playstation-camera-for-playstation-4-black/8245153.p?skuId=8245153

If you all know any good deals for move controllers or launch games, let me know.

Until Dawn: Rush of Blood (PS VR) $15.99 via Amazon (Prime Price). https://www.amazon.c...heapassgam08-20

Last edited by a moderator:
Penn & Teller VR: Frankly Unfair, Unkind, Unnecessary & Underhanded (F U, U, U, & U) is out now, basically a VR prank app that requires local co-op (and an unwilling participant). Obviously I'll never be able to play it with anyone but I watched a few extended videos on YouTube to get the gist of it. According to the game description, there is also an option to "play with yourself" so I'll keep an eye out if it ever hits sub-$5. I'm just grateful it doesn't require driving around in a bus for 8 hours (although there is an option to read Moby Dick in its entirety :whistle2:o).

Attention: all lonely people. According to the latest edition of The Drop, there is a new loneliness (ahem) "dating" sim experience coming next week called Focus on You. Looks very reminiscent of the Summer Lesson games (basically just hanging around in a VR space with an anime babe, no funny business). I checked other regions and it seems to be priced around $40, which is entirely too much for what I've read is a very short experience. And yet...what else do I have to look forward to? A new VR romance game in which you date a high school girl. Because this is my life.

Trailer here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56CP5utj98M

Positive review here: 

http://www.digitallydownloaded.net/2019/07/review-focus-on-you-sony-playstation-vr.html

Regular 3D blu rays work ok, but any way to watch 3D sideloaded movies on the PS4.
You mean like a ripped 3D blu ray movie? The Littlstar app would work. If you haven't been updating the app you need to follow the file naming conventions for a fixed frame video. If you have the app updated you can tell it what kind of video it is before you play it.

File naming conventions
https://littlstar.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/SUP/pages/208797904/PSVR+Sideload+Instructions+EN

Also worth noting that Littlstar now charges for the ability to sideload content. $40 one time fee for lifetime access to side loading or I think $25/year for an annual premium subscription, which includes side loading and other features

GAME UK still has it for 15.99 GBP, about $20: https://www.game.co.uk/en/superhot-vr-2304854

It at least appears to be orderable and does ship to US if you are looking to get a copy. I have not personally order from them in the past.
I ordered a copy of Superhot from Game UK and it arrived today, factory sealed. Apparently in the UK at least, the original plastic has a "ps4" watermark line around the case, so does appear to be resealed for those that may be concerned with that.

I suppose YMMV with this as new sealed copies may become less and less likely as time goes by.

I ordered a copy of Superhot from Game UK and it arrived today, factory sealed. Apparently in the UK at least, the original plastic has a "ps4" watermark line around the case, so does appear to be resealed for those that may be concerned with that.

I suppose YMMV with this as new sealed copies may become less and less likely as time goes by.
I ordered one from Amazon.fr, and it has the PS4 watermark line, but the whole packaging is in French, so I'm concerned it's only in French.

I ordered one from Amazon.fr, and it has the PS4 watermark line, but the whole packaging is in French, so I'm concerned it's only in French.
Based on a quick search, it may just use whatever the system's locale is set, but devs may force a certain language for a specific locale.

Any thoughts on Red Matter? LRG is doing a physical version tomorrow and I haven't heard a lot about the game.
It's about 3 hours long and for me had a very trippy sci-fi twist to it. It may literally be the best looking PSVR game and I've played em' all. It's absolutely gorgeous and the pacing and puzzles are well done. I'm going the other direction in terms of buying physical but I'd own Red Matter if I was remotely worried about a de-listing. It's still a smallish game made a by a tiny studio but's it's punching above it's weight class the entire time.

Exactly. I keep mine stored in this too. Keeps it dust free and also keeps things looking more neat and tidy when it’s not being used

I use that case too for dust protection.  My only problem is my headset cable it twisted as hell. But that has nothing to do with case.  Tried stretching it out across room for a few days to see if that helps.

The new deals for today:

Moto Racer 4 - $7.99 - 80% Off - Ends 7/30

Moto Racer 4: Deluxe Edition - $11.99 - 80% Off - Ends 7/30

Slum Ball - $10.49 - 30% Off - Ends 7/24

Time Carnage - $9.99 - 50% Off - $7.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/30

The deals from last week that are still active:

Megaton Rainfall - $7.99 - 50% Off - Ends 7/17

Mind Labyrinth VR Dreams - $17.49 - 30% Off - $14.99 - 40% Off - Ends 7/22

Quar: Infernal Machine - $23.99 - 20% Off - $20.99 - 30% Off - Ends 7/31
Virtual Virtual Reality - $14.99 - 25% Off - Ends 9/3
Wipeout Omega Collection - $7.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/23

Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner Mars - $14.99 - 50% Off - Ends 7/23

Does anyone have recommendations for a good PSVR/Move dock? Recently moved and I'm trying to keep all the peripherals and controllers a little more organized.

Does anyone have recommendations for a good PSVR/Move dock? Recently moved and I'm trying to keep all the peripherals and controllers a little more organized.
I use this one and it works quite well. VR Headset is ready but safely stored, 2 move controllers always charged, as well as one DS4. There is also another mfg variation that charges 2 DS4s but I have other charging bases for additional DS4s.

I use that same stand/charging dock and really like it!  It makes all of my misc. PS4 peripherals look much nicer, and of course charges the controllers when you're not using them!

So Starblood Arena is just a coaster now.? Nothing to do in the game without servers?
I read a story mentioning the servers were being shut down not long after picking up the game during a gamestop sale. I quickly returned it and exchanged it for another game. That was a couple months ago so I can't speak on what is happening now

Wipeout Omega collection is free with PS Plus starting next Tuesday.

I came close to buying this during a recent sale, but talked myself out of it because two games included in the Omega Collection were free with PS Plus years ago. I took that as a sign that the Omega Collection would eventually be free and here we are.

In any case, here's a code for a 30 day PS Plus trial so you can download the game:
T669-C3NK-LQ96

Enjoy!

Finished Moss the other day. Was much longer then I thought it was going to be based on reviews/comments but I guess I was doing the free DLC levels without realizing they weren't already part of the original release. :D

No Man's Sky VR Update hits August 14th with "substantial" online play added as well:

https://youtu.be/M6a09UKqgtI

It's currently 10 bucks used at Gamestop and the update is free. All impressions so far on the VR have been extremely positive save from some saying that the some of the  flight aspects are intense and induced motion sickness in some instances.

No Man's Sky is showing as $20 used on their website for me...?
Think the $10 used was wrong, New is $10 but it was converted to used quite a while ago. I got a used copy a month ago on Ebay for $8 before the prices started to climb, interest must be going up with this new update announced because it's hovering around $20 now.

No Man's Sky VR Update hits August 14th with "substantial" online play added as well:

https://youtu.be/M6a09UKqgtI

It's currently 10 bucks used at Gamestop and the update is free. All impressions so far on the VR have been extremely positive save from some saying that the some of the flight aspects are intense and induced motion sickness in some instances.
I grabbed this at Walmart when it was down to $9 after hearing about the VR update. Very excited to hear the positive comments so far for the VR play

So looking at PSVR and cheapest bundle I can find is Doom bundle at $225 with camera, no move controllers.

Have about $400 in gamestop credit, would need to be bought from gamestop.

Was tempted to buy used/refurb PSVR, but don't trust gamestop refurbs. Rather get it all new and have peace of mind.

Am I better off waiting until later for better deals?

Gamestop has to have very little stock of PSVR and mostly have refurbs in stock.

They have $350 bundle with 2 games, 2 moves and camera.

So looking at PSVR and cheapest bundle I can find is Doom bundle at $225 with camera, no move controllers.

Have about $400 in gamestop credit, would need to be bought from gamestop.

Was tempted to buy used/refurb PSVR, but don't trust gamestop refurbs. Rather get it all new and have peace of mind.

Am I better off waiting until later for better deals?

Gamestop has to have very little stock of PSVR and mostly have refurbs in stock.

They have $350 bundle with 2 games, 2 moves and camera.
We're less than four months away from Black Friday. I think you should wait until then. Last year there was a bundle with Move controllers for $250. You'll want Move controllers.

Stock might not be an issue if Sony sends out new bundles for the holiday season. Maybe Iron Man will be released in time for a bundle with Move controllers. But I'm wondering if Iron Man will even make it out this year.

Agree to wait. There will be absolutely be at least one new bundle and it will also absolutely be on sale for $250. And one of the bundles will have something brand new.

Yeah I would never get a PSVR without the move controllers.  You will be missing out on some of the best games if you don't get them.

Best I can find at gamestop is $225 for doom bundle and move controllers is $100 or $60 used. So $325+tax or $295 with used ones.

Could also buy refurb for $150, but rather get it all new. Also heard older move controllers batteries dying out and new ones have micro usb.

Best I can find at gamestop is $225 for doom bundle and move controllers is $100 or $60 used. So $325+tax or $295 with used ones.

Could also buy refurb for $150, but rather get it all new. Also heard older move controllers batteries dying out and new ones have micro usb.
You definitely want new move controllers. Even new the charge they keep isn't more than a gaming session or 2. And yes, the new Moves have a micro usb.

The new deals:

Eagle Flight - $6.59 - 67% Off - Ends 8/20

Eagle Flight & Werewolves Within PSVR Bundle - $9.99 - 75% Off - Ends 8/20

Quar: Infernal Machines - $25.49 - 15% Off - $20.99 - 30% Off - Ends 9/6

Space Junkies - $11.99 - 40% Off - Ends 8/20

Star Trek: Bridge Crew - $13.19 - 67% Off - Ends 8/20

Star Trek: Bridge Crew The Next Generation Bundle - $18.14 - 67% Off - Ends 8/20

Transference - $9.99 - 60% Off - Ends 8/20

Wales Interactive VR Bundle - $14.99 - 50% Off - $11.99 - 60% Off - Ends 8/20

Werewolves Within - $6.59 - 67% Off - Ends 8/20

The deals from last week that are still active:

Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown - $35.99 - 40% Off - Ends 8/20

Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown Deluxe Edition - $59.49 - 30% Off - Ends 8/20

Angry Birds VR: Isle of Pigs - $8.99 - 40% Off - Ends 8/20

Arizona Sunshine - $13.99 - 65% Off - Ends 8/20

Blood & Truth - $31.99 - 20% Off - Ends 8/20

Borderlands 2 VR - $24.99 - 50% Off - Ends 8/20

Bound - $9.99 - 50% Off - Ends 8/20

Carnival Games VR - $4.99 - 75% Off - Ends 8/20

Creed: Rise to Glory - $17.99 - 40% Off - Ends 8/20

Driveclub VR - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 8/20

Eve: Valkyrie Warzone - $14.99 - 50% Off - Ends 8/20

The Exorcist: Legion VR - $3.49 - 50% Off - Ends 8/20

The Exorcist: Legion VR Complete Series - $14.99 - 50% Off - Ends 8/20

Farpoint - $9.99 - 50% Off - Ends 8/20

Gun Club VR - $14.99 - 40% Off - Ends 8/20

Here They Lie - $6.99 - 65% Off - Ends 8/20

Infinite Minigolf - $5.99 - 60% Off - Ends 8/20

The Inpatient - $9.99 - 50% Off - Ends 8/20

Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes - $8.99 - 40% Off - Ends 8/20

Killing Floor: Incursion - $9.99 - 50% Off - Ends 8/20

Kona VR Bundle - $7.99 - 60% Off - Ends 8/20

Mervils: A VR Adventure - $5.99 - 70% Off - Ends 8/21

Moss - $20.99 - 30% Off - $19.49 - 35% Off - Ends 8/20

Moss + Soundtrack Bundle - $24.49 - 30% Off - $22.74 - 35% Off - Ends 8/20

Paranormal Activity: The Lost Soul - $14.99 - 50% Off - Ends 8/20

Pixel Ripped 1989 - $12.49 - 50% Off - $11.24 - 55% Off - Ends 8/21

PlayStation VR Worlds - $4.49 - 70% Off - Ends 8/20

Prison Boss VR - $9.99 - 50% Off - Ends 8/20

Raw Data - $15.99 - 60% Off - Ends 8/20

Resident Evil 7 biohazard - $16.99 - 15% Off - $14.99 - 25% Off - Ends 8/20

Resident Evil 7 biohazard Gold Edition - $29.99 - 40% Off - $24.99 - 50% Off - Ends 8/20

Rigs Mechanized Combat League - $6.99 - 65% Off - Ends 8/20

Statik - $5.99 - 70% Off - Ends 8/20

Superhot Mind is Software Bundle - $23.99 - 40% Off - Ends 8/20

Superhot VR - $17.49 - 30% Off - Ends 8/20

Thumper - $7.99 - 60% Off - Ends 8/20

Time Machine VR - $10.49 - 65% Off - Ends 8/20

Tumble VR - $3.99 - 60% Off - Ends 8/20

Until Dawn: Rush of Blood - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 8/20
Virtual Virtual Reality - $14.99 - 25% Off - Ends 9/3

No Man's Sky supports VR today. Reports are unsurprisingly that the game is pretty blurry but many have been so impressed by the experience in VR that the expected hit in fidelity isn't a deal breaker. Will post impressions later today if thread isn't dead.

I didn't even know there was a physical edition of the Penn & Teller VR game until I saw it on Amazon. Didn't see it listed anywhere else - is this an Amazon exclusive?

https://www.amazon.com/Penn-Teller-VR-Unnecessary-Underhanded-PlayStation/dp/B07VRKSVSY/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=penn+and+teller&qid=1565844648&s=videogames&sr=1-1
So far it appears Amazon exclusive, but it isn't actually in stock yet and the latest update Amazon sent me is that it will ship next week.

TL:DR on No Man's Sky is that it's had major QOL improvement, even more features added, a very, very blurry VR conversion with most control options available (move, DS4, etc.) and so many bugs added that 3 hot fixes have been deployed in the last 24 hours. Unless you are dying to get back into the game I'd recommend waiting until there's a reasonable performance and graphics patch along with a few critical bug fixes.

I played No Man's Sky for three hours yesterday, and I thought it was great. It felt like my first few hours with Conan Exiles. I have to build towards getting basic tools, and I need to keep myself alive with resources. I was hoping to find another Survival game I would like, and No Man's Sky seems to be it. I'm playing on Survival difficulty.

The VR controls feel good. I'm playing with movement and turning set to Smooth. I think they did a nice job at making the Move gestures immersive. The only thing that was kind of difficult was flying my space ship, but when I switched flight controls to Normal instead of Inverted it became easier. Which is kind of odd since in non-VR games I use inverted controls.

It was my first time playing No Man's Sky, so graphical downgrades weren't apparent to me. And I was so in to the gameplay I was probably overlooking the graphics anyway.

bread's done
Back