Official Pokemon Platinum Thread of Metagame, Friendcodes, Battling & Trading!

=/ Is Infernape known for his low defense, but high attack? He's the only guy in my party getting KOed consistently now.

Also, if you trade for older generation Pokemon, will they still show up in your Pokedex before you even get the National Pokedex?

Infernape doesn't have solid defense, but if he's matched up properly , he should last.

If you get older Pokemon that aren't in the Sinnoh Dex before you get the National Dex, their Dex entries won't show until you get the National Dex.

Hey Sl4IN will you be on 2moro.
Cause i know a way to get pokemon to a game thats at the beginning.
Trade eggs that are about to hatch.
That way your the original trainer.
Thanks for the Pichu with volt tackle and houndour.
Sweet.

Daaaaaaaaaaaaamn. There is a shit ton of stuff to do after the Elite 4. (Read a FAQ about event Pokemons) I probably put in 200 hours into Blue and Red and don't remember so much end-game stuff to do.

SL4IN, my name is Alex FYI, so change it when you get a sec please :D. Also, if anyone has a ditto, Ill give them a Regirock or Registeel for it.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']Daaaaaaaaaaaaamn. There is a shit ton of stuff to do after the Elite 4. (Read a FAQ about event Pokemons) I probably put in 200 hours into Blue and Red and don't remember so much end-game stuff to do.[/quote]

I'm with you man. I went from Red/Blue to D/P and quit Pearl after the main game. This time I'm going to try to go all out and EV train and all that.

Just to clarify, you can catch Giratina, Palkia, Dialga, Heatran and those other 3 Legendary Pokemon after the National Pokedex in Platinum or no?

[quote name='Ski Hawk']Woot, just caught Dialga with just 2 ultra balls :D[/quote]

It still doesn't beat me catching Palkia on Turn 1 with the White Poke-Ball.

Hey everyone! Just had a quick question. I pulled out my old Diamond cart to see where I was when I left off and I only have 1 badge and 8 hours in. lol Do you guys think it would be worth it to sell this one off and get Platinum? I'm kind of getting that Pokemon fever. lol

[quote name='RynoZebz']Hey everyone! Just had a quick question. I pulled out my old Diamond cart to see where I was when I left off and I only have 1 badge and 8 hours in. lol Do you guys think it would be worth it to sell this one off and get Platinum? I'm kind of getting that Pokemon fever. lol[/quote]

Yes, it is worth the upgrade. Im a breeder and love the new version and the lil upgrade make it worth the purchase. And cant wait to they give out Shaymin, Darkrai and Mew(though I have a Mew)

Anyone know when the next events are coming?

So I finally made it to Eterna and the underground last night...man do I love the underground. Played around down there for a few hours and found a couple of stones, 4 fossils, couple of heart scales and shards, an icy rock (which I don't know what it is yet) and about a billion worthless spheres.

Ok a question about Rotom I had is err how do you unlock those keywords they give ya in the pamplet that came with the game? I think it is for the secret key via wifi

[quote name='guardkitty']Ok a question about Rotom I had is err how do you unlock those keywords they give ya in the pamplet that came with the game? I think it is for the secret key via wifi[/quote]

To unlock the codes go here.
http://www.pokemonplatinum.com/#/rotom/
Though i dont think it is a key. But whatever it is let us know.

Icy Rock boosts the power of Ice-type moves.
Icy Rock prolongs the effects of Hail, much in the same way Damp Rock prolongs Rain Dance and Heat Rock prolongs Sunny Day and Smooth Rock prolongs Sandstorm.

All I have left to catch of the roaming legendaries is Articuno. I have it down to a sliver of health but no status effect. I only have one ultra ball to throw per encounter, since if I use mean look it'll heal itself eventually, and if I switch out to a pokemon that can paralyze it Mean Look wears off apparently.

[quote name='guardkitty'][quote name='adriley313']To unlock the codes go here.
http://www.pokemonplatinum.com/#/rotom/
Though i dont think it is a key. But whatever it is let us know.

The pamphlet said to visit the tv producer in jubilife and say some specific words to him, check check the wifi mystery gift thingy[/quote]

Ya i did that all ready and got the Mystery Gift. You can use that when there is Pokemon events at your local Toys'R'US, like Shaymin, Darkrai and Mew.

[quote name='adriley313'][quote name='guardkitty']

Ya i did that all ready and got the Mystery Gift. You can use that when there is Pokemon events at your local Toys'R'US, like Shaymin, Darkrai and Mew.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I just got the 3rd badge and returned to the tv station, I am missing the words to select when I am there :|

Ok. Here's my Tradelist for whoever is interested:

Have:

Anorith x4 level 20
Cranidos x2 level 20
Seadra level 38
Castform level 25
Ariados Level 50
Lapras level 1 (or eggs)
Regirock level 40
Registeel level 40
Latios level 40
Groudon level 46
Male Ralts level 22 (for gallade)
Flaffy level 38 (level up once for Ampharos)
Wobbuffet level 27
Rotom level 63
Croagunk level 24
Machamp level 35
Magmortar level 29
Bellossom level 49
Yanmega level 33
Heracross level 27
Legit Manaphy level 7 (Will only trade for shiny male eevee, legit shaymin, or legit darkrai)

Want:

Larvitar (Egg or untouched preferred)
Ditto
Johto Starters
TM 18 Rain Dance
TM 79 Dark Pulse
TM 13 Ice Beam
Munchlax
Misdreavus
Kings Rock
Pineco
Ursaring
Delibird
Hitmontop
Raikou
Entei
Flygon
Deoxys
TM 26 Earthquake
Leftovers
TM 59 Dragon Pulse
TM 74 Gyro Ball

Filler I can get you these:

Larvitar
Johto Starters
TM 18 Rain Dance
TM 79 Dark Pulse
TM 13 Ice Beam
Munchlax
Misdreavus
Johto Starters
TM 18 Rain Dance
TM 79 Dark Pulse
TM 13 Ice Beam
Munchlax
Misdreavus
Flygon
Hitmontop
Pineco
Usaring
TM 26 Earthquake
TM 59 Dragon Pulse
TM 74 Gyro Ball

There's nothing particular I want in return, so you can just give me junk guys.

How about I make a room at 3pm eastern time? If not I can do it on saturday. No need to pm me....Ill just make a room at 3pm eastern and you can bring the first 6 guys with them holding the TMs. I really appreciate it. Also, I have Phiones and Feebas now (found a ditto), so I can trade some of those to whoever is interested

[quote name='guardkitty'][quote name='adriley313']

Yeah I just got the 3rd badge and returned to the tv station, I am missing the words to select when I am there :|[/quote]

You should have got the code with the Pokemon Platinum if you bought in new. If not here it is.

Everyone- HAppy
Wi-Fi - Connection

So I just beat Fantina with my Gengar and Eevee, that knows Bite and Shadow Ball.
Now Im in Solacetown at the Day care before I head out to find Maylene and whoop her behind also.

Ill post my own pokemon tradelist in a day or so.

Filler, I can't today since I have class and then work, but Saturday works perfect for me, and I'll be able to breed all the pokemon you need as well.

[quote name='adriley313'][quote name='guardkitty']

You should have got the code with the Pokemon Platinum if you bought in new. If not here it is.

Everyone- HAppy
Wi-Fi - Connection[/quote]

those words on my end are ????? and not selectable :(

My pokemon TradeList

Heres is the Pokemon and stuff I need

Pokemon

All High Level Eevee Evolutions
Slowbro
Lunatone
Claydol
Zangoose

To Trade for keeps or just for my pokedex
Suicune
Celebi
Jirachu
Shaymin
Deoxys
Ho-oh
Lugia
Manaphy

Just for my Pokedex
Electvire
Magmortar
Gliscor
Porygon-Z

TMs I want

I have List

All Stones
Most Pokemon from earlier versions
All Starters
Registeel
Phione
Kyorge
Groudon
Flygon
Uxie
Mesprit

Or just hit me a PM

Ill trade a zangoose and let you dex my porygon Z for a bulbasaur or a level 50+ dugtrio. At some point later I can breed my Umbreon and get you a few eevees too for a charmander or something

Ok, i do the Bulbasaur and charmander once i level it up and breed it.
He knows good moves though.
I dont need Eevee's i want hi level evolutions of Eevee.

How about I let you dex electa and mag? If you want (and have a team you can use with around level 50 guys), we can battle too. I have a team (my competitive one) that Im training I want to test out

Ok im cool with that be om tonite and we can trade and then battle.
Ill have to put together a team because i havent battled in awhile with my diamond team since im mostly a breeder. most of my pokemon are between 60 and 70 but i will get a lv 50 team together.

Set up an account with Friendcodes and we can chat there.

My friend code is in the first post? Also, the team Im using is being toyed around with a little bit, and what do you mean by tonight

[quote name='Filler2001']My friend code is in the first post? Also, the team Im using is being toyed around with a little bit, and what do you mean by tonight[/quote]

Im at work now. But ill be free tonite around 8-9 arizona time.
Do you have an account with Friendcodes.com
if not make one.

When you battle online, you can choose to auto level everyone to either lvl 50 or lvl 100. The competitive scene for Pokemon Battling generally uses lvl 100, while Nintendo sanctioned tournaments use lvl 50 as the standard.

But mine are going towards 100, but currently in their mid/low 50s, and Adriley, Im on eastern time, so thats a bit too late for me. Maybe we can do something this saturday like with me and Sl4in. My team needs better type coverage though:

Umbreon Level 54 (My team "captain" if you will)
-Faint Attack (Soon to be Dark Pulse)
-Psychic
-Sand-Attack (Soon to be Moonlight)
-Quick Attack (Undecided - thinking about Return)

Kingdra Level 51
-Dragon Dance
-Twister (to be replaced with Outrage)
-Surf
-Hydro Pump (Might make this into Dragon Pulse or Rain Dance)

Metagross Level 50
-Hammer Arm (Soon to be Meteor Mash)
-Psychic
-Iron Defense
-Metal Claw (Will probably turn into Zen Headbutt)

Milotic (Nicknamed in Asian Characters :( ) level 55
-Surf
-Rain Dance
-Hydro Pump (Soon to be Recover)
-Safeguard (May or may not replace with Dragon Pulse or Iron Tail)

-Lapras (Might Replace with a Gallade Im working on) Level 53
-Ice Beam
-Brine
-Safeguard
-Hydro Pump

Tyranitar (Nicknamed Tyranocif) Level 56
-Payback
-Earthquake
-Dark Pulse
-Crunch

Id love any tips on improving it if you have any

I guess I'll break it down for you. From the start of it, you have a pretty solid team that you're building here. Is there a particular theme to it, or is it just a group of six you really want to use?

[quote name='Filler2001']But mine are going towards 100, but currently in their mid/low 50s, and Adriley, Im on eastern time, so thats a bit too late for me. Maybe we can do something this saturday like with me and Sl4in. My team needs better type coverage though:

Umbreon Level 54 (My team "captain" if you will)
-Faint Attack (Soon to be Dark Pulse)
-Psychic
-Sand-Attack (Soon to be Moonlight)
-Quick Attack (Undecided - thinking about Return)[/quote]

You're Umbreon has some potential. Dark Pulse is a good attack, and Psychis uses good use of it's relatively good Sp. Attack. Moonlight would be a good addition if you can't get ahold of Wish, which is what a large majority of competitive Umbreons use in combination with Baton Pass. Most Umbreons that I've encountered in competitive play are Sp. Defense walls, but a good Sp. Attacking one would fare decently.

[/quote]Kingdra Level 51
-Dragon Dance
-Twister (to be replaced with Outrage)
-Surf
-Hydro Pump (Might make this into Dragon Pulse or Rain Dance)[/quote]

Kingdra is by far a better Sp. Attacker than a physical attacker, so having Dragon Dance wouldn't do much good for it except for boosting its speed, and for that, I'd just stick with Rain Dance since it's swift swim ability makes it faster in rain. Keep physical attacks off of it, Dragon Pulse and Surf are probably the best Special attacks that make good use of what is available, and it gets the STAB bonus for both moves. Making it hold a chesto berry and giving Rest is a good strategy when it gets low on health.

Metagross Level 50
-Hammer Arm (Soon to be Meteor Mash)
-Psychic
-Iron Defense
-Metal Claw (Will probably turn into Zen Headbutt)

I've never been one to use or see much of Metagross in the competitive scene, he's one of my favorite Pokemon, he's just generally under used. The best moveset I've seen available for him would be Magnet Rise (fantastic move that makes him immune to ground type), Earthquake to take care of fire types, and then rounding out with Meteor Mash and Explosion for desperate last moves. The only problem with this moveset, is that Magnet Rise is such a bitch to get onto a Metagross.

Milotic (Nicknamed in Asian Characters :( ) level 55
-Surf
-Rain Dance
-Hydro Pump (Soon to be Recover)
-Safeguard (May or may not replace with Dragon Pulse or Iron Tail)

Such a beast of a competitive Pokemon. A fantastic special wall Pokemon with pretty decent Sp. Attack, a good moveset that takes advantage of its abilities can make it an absolute nightmare. I would recommend Rest and Sleep talk over Recover, but if you're worried with taking up two move spots, then go with Recover and Hypnosis. Ice Beam and Dragon Pulse are nice compliments to its Sp. Attack, but neither get the STAB.

-Lapras (Might Replace with a Gallade Im working on) Level 53
-Ice Beam
-Brine
-Safeguard
-Hydro Pump

Lapras is usually a mainstay in my teams, easily one of my favorite competitive Pokemon. My has the following moveset:
Surf
Ice Beam
Thunderbolt
Toxic

Surf and Ice Beam get the STAB, while toxic is nasty all around. Thunderbolt is a good compliment for other nasty water types like Milotic, or Flying types. The best tip I can give for your Lapras is to replace Hydro Pump with Surf, and to stay away from moves like Hydro Pump, Fire Blast and other 5 PP moves. They become far too much of a gamble and usually slightly weaker moves are far more reliable.

Tyranitar (Nicknamed Tyranocif) Level 56
-Payback
-Earthquake
-Dark Pulse
-Crunch

Id love any tips on improving it if you have any

The Tyranitar is pretty solid to begin with, not sure I'd keep Payback though. Crunch and Earthquake are great additions to his movepool, I'd recommend replacing Payback with Stone Edge.

Hope that helps.

I made my team based on a few properties:
- My favorite pokemon (Umbreon is 1st and Kingdra is 2nd)
-A good defense (Milotic with a bit of extra padding from Lapras)
-Good Typing (I think they all do, although TTar is arguable, and Kingdra has the best out of all of these IMO)
-A team I could have fun with (What is un-fun about my team? Boring to me is generic Blissey+Wobbufett+Alakazam+Infernape+ Salamance+Extremespeed Dragonite mix)
-Something that could win tournaments with the right movesets (Where the hell is Umbreons Crunch???).

Anywhoo, thanks for the ideas

[quote name='Filler2001']I made my team based on a few properties:
- My favorite pokemon (Umbreon is 1st and Kingdra is 2nd)
-A good defense (Milotic with a bit of extra padding from Lapras)
-Good Typing (I think they all do, although TTar is arguable, and Kingdra has the best out of all of these IMO)
-A team I could have fun with (What is un-fun about my team? Boring to me is generic Blissey+Wobbufett+Alakazam+Infernape+ Salamance+Extremespeed Dragonite mix)
-Something that could win tournaments with the right movesets (Where the hell is Umbreons Crunch???).

Anywhoo, thanks for the ideas[/quote]

Ill post my team later which are in high 50s low 60s.
My only comment is that you have quite a few water pokemon.
If i came through with my Jolteon or Exeggutor ud be in trouble.
Like the Umbreon though. I love all Eevee's.

Ill be on Saturday. Just meet me at Friendcodes.com in room Platters Chatters.

Look for my upcoming blog post that will be Pokemon related.

I posted that I bought this game at the Cubs baseball forum, a forum of manly baseball loving, beer drinking men. I stand out quite a lot at that forum. If you can't guess, the replies were not favorable.

Just started this game and now on route 203? Trying to catch an Abra now, but it's not working out to well.

So far, I have a
Chimcar
Starly
Shinx
in my party. Debating if I should get a Magikarp in my party (just to evolve it to Gyrados, of course)

bread's done
Back