Official Pokemon Platinum Thread of Metagame, Friendcodes, Battling & Trading!

[quote name='Ryukahn']Darn you people and your closeness to a Toys R Us[/QUOTE]

Yeah, where I live now, I have one less than 2 miles away. In January, I move in with my soon-to-be husband, and then my nearest Toys R Us is like 20 minutes away.

Crap, I forgot to receive Pokemon from the wonder cards in Diamond and Pearl. Looks like I have a lot of soft resetting to do before I head to TRU. Luckily, there's one a 3 minute walk from my office, so I can go any time this week.

Help me figure out this wonder card nonsense. My daughters couldn't get Arceus on Saturday because it said they had too many wonder cards. I didn't on mine as I was a late bloomer. How do we fix this and does it remove the pokemon they got from the wonder cards?

[quote name='WormFOODx']Help me figure out this wonder card nonsense. My daughters couldn't get Arceus on Saturday because it said they had too many wonder cards. I didn't on mine as I was a late bloomer. How do we fix this and does it remove the pokemon they got from the wonder cards?[/QUOTE]

Go to the Mystery Gift option on the main menu, and then "Check Card". From there, you can select one, then click "Trash". I think your only allowed 3 Wonder Cards at a time. As long as you've already received the Pokemon from the Delivery Man, it's ok to delete the card.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='PR Mega X']Go to the Mystery Gift option on the main menu, and then "Check Card". From there, you can select one, then click "Trash". I think your only allowed 3 Wonder Cards at a time. As long as you've already received the Pokemon from the Delivery Man, it's ok to delete the card.[/QUOTE]

Thank you!

[quote name='adriley313']God it sucks as i have no toy r us near me
you all are so lucky[/QUOTE]

Not all of us. ;)

I'm contemplating just asking for a duped one via GameFAQs since I have no other way of getting it. Normally I wouldn't care, but seeing as having this particular Arceus is the only way to get Giratina, Dialga, or Palkia in HG/SS, I don't see what choice I have.

So I transfered over the Arceus to my Soul Silver and I decided to pick a level 1 Dialga, since Dialga is my favorite legendary this generation.

I'm torn between Palkia and Giratina (I have Diamond). It'd be a no brainer if that weren't the only way to get Giratina's altered forme. Fortunately, I've got plenty of time to mull it over. :)

Actually, if you want Giratina's alternate form in Heart Gold or Soul Silver, you NEED to get Arceus because of retarded planning by Game Freak to totally disallow trading of of Griseous Orb, even though the item is present in HG/SS.

[quote name='Nohbdy']Actually, if you want Giratina's alternate form in Heart Gold or Soul Silver, you NEED to get Arceus because of retarded planning by Game Freak to totally disallow trading of of Griseous Orb, even though the item is present in HG/SS.[/QUOTE]

Yep. I got the Arceus. And that is indeed my dilemma. Ah well.

Check the site.

Also, regarding the Griseous Orb thing for HG/SS, I realized that I don't even use legendaries much, if at all, so it doesn't matter to me that much. The only thing I have to worry about is which one to pick, since I'm kinda tired of the 3 of them. :whistle2:k

The US Release date for Pokemon SoulSilver and HeartGold is
:bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy:
:bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy:
MARCH 14th, 2010.
cant wait to get SoulSilver.

Check out my latest blog for the info and link.

I haven't been here for a while, mainly because I haven't touched Platinum actively in 5 months. I'm trying to get back into video games, so feel free to PM me if you want a battle and see me online. I have about 2 dozen EV trained monsters I can fight with, in both OU and UU. Id be happy to test out a team of yours or something

Serebii posted yesterday that Gamestop would be having the Pikachu-colored Pichu event 1/30/2010 through 2/14/2010. This Pichu when transferred to the upcoming HG/SS will allow access to the Spiky eared Pichu. A search on www.pokemon.com finds a related hit, but the link brings you back to the "news" page.

Serebii also says there will be a Jirachi event at GS in late Feb. I'd guess from the dates of the pichu event, something like 2/28/2010 through 3/14/2010, but that's 100% conjecture by me.

Edit:

On the official site now. http://www.pokemon.com/us/news/vg_pichu_promo-2010-01-12/

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Filler2001']We'll see.....I have no rush for now...and I cant give away a perfectly EVd shiny Nidoking to a 5 man tourney, probably not even an 8 man.[/QUOTE]

Darn :cry:

Sweet!!! I just captured Giratina in one shot with a quick ball (which was already pretty awesome)
Then when I left the distortion world, I encountered a shiny Chingling!!!!!! This is so cool!!

I was wondering about the Pokewalker in SS. How does it interface with the game? Are the cartridges for the two games different than other DS carts? What does walking with the pokewalker do? Just level up your pokemon?

Oh, okay. I think it uses infrared and I read somewhere that they're not version exclusive, they're all the same and any 3 pokemon could be put on them (but I think only 3 from the same game at one time i.e. idk if you could put 2 from HG and one from SS at the same time)
I hope this helps.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaan. I am sick of my Monferno, he is CONSTANTLY getting KOed in 1 shot. It's his fighting type that makes him so vulnerable.

Would anyone be willing to trade me a Charmander or suggest some other Fire type Pokemon? I wouldn't be able to give anything back though, as I am just about 20 hours into Platinum.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']Maaaaaaaaaaaaan. I am sick of my Monferno, he is CONSTANTLY getting KOed in 1 shot. It's his fighting type that makes him so vulnerable.

Would anyone be willing to trade me a Charmander or suggest some other Fire type Pokemon? I wouldn't be able to give anything back though, as I am just about 20 hours into Platinum.[/QUOTE]

I think you are giving up on it too soon. Monferno/Infernape is still one of the top tier pokemon with base attack, special attack, and speed over 100

bread's done
Back