Official Radiohead Topic - Bonnaroo 2006 SBD

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']This chart sucks.

Kid A > OK Computer > The Bends > Hail to the Theif > Amnesiac > Pablo Honey

I haven't heard In Rainbows yet.[/quote]

Sucks? That's kind of tough, considering you admittedly haven't experienced the full discography in reference.

[quote name='jaso']Sucks? That's kind of tough, considering you admittedly haven't experienced the full discography in reference.[/quote]

Well, your chart does equate In Rainbows with Pablo Honey which is just crazy talk.

The real order:
The Bends
OK Computer
In Rainbows
Kid A
Hail to the Thief
Amnesiac
Pablo Honey

[quote name='javeryh']Well, your chart does equate In Rainbows with Pablo Honey which is just crazy talk.

The real order:
The Bends
OK Computer
In Rainbows
Kid A
Hail to the Thief
Amnesiac
Pablo Honey[/quote]

Wow, nice job. That's exactly how I rank them.

[quote name='javeryh']Well, your chart does equate In Rainbows with Pablo Honey which is just crazy talk.

The real order:
The Bends
OK Computer
In Rainbows
Kid A
Hail to the Thief
Amnesiac
Pablo Honey[/quote]

Fair enough - to each his own. I think more importantly we can agree on the OPINION (don't flame) that The Bends is their best work. For most people, it seems to come down to the Bends/OK Computer debate, but for me, every single song on The Bends is amazing. I can only say that about a handful of albums I've ever heard.

But then again, I am getting off topic.

The real order:
The Bends
OK Computer
In Rainbows
Kid A
Hail to the Thief
Amnesiac
Pablo Honey[/quote]

Fair enough - to each his own. I think more importantly we can agree on the OPINION (don't flame) that The Bends is their best work. For most people, it seems to come down to the Bends/OK Computer debate, but for me, every single song on The Bends is amazing. I can only say that about a handful of albums I've ever heard.

But then again, I am getting off topic.

[quote name='jaso']Fair enough - to each his own. I think more importantly we can agree on the OPINION (don't flame) that The Bends is their best work. For most people, it seems to come down to the Bends/OK Computer debate, but for me, every single song on The Bends is amazing. I can only say that about a handful of albums I've ever heard.

But then again, I am getting off topic.[/quote]

yeah - I waver between those two all the time. If "Fitter, Happier" wasn't on OK Computer I might give it the edge because everything else is amazing and the best songs on OK Computer blow away the best songs on The Bends. However, I can't ignore 4 minutes of total nonsense in the middle of the disc (thank god for easy removal on the mp3 player) so The Bends edges out OK Computer.

I posted this in the OTT once upon a time when the conversation turned to all things Radiohead and thought it might be worth suggesting here, as well.

Stereogum assembled a 10th anniversary tribute to OK Computer...it's a bunch of indie-rock/unsigned bands doing track-by-track covers.

It's mostly hit or miss but generally pretty interesting. It by no means improves upon the original.

[quote name='Z-Saber']Sucks that you can only stream it. Unless... link?[/quote]
I uploaded my copy onto Rapidshare for those who are interested.

Mods: these MP3s were originally distributed for free, so I'm sure I'm in the clear to share this.
If it's a problem though, please PM me and I'll delete the link.

I honestly can't even see a comparison between the Bends to OK Computer...

OKC is in such a different realm to me, I guess it just came in at the right time in my musical taste's development that I have such reverence towards it.

And I find myself listening to Hail to the Theif much more then the bends..who knows with their diverse sound there is going to be many people that enjoy their changing style, well others loathe it.

[quote name='bmachine']I uploaded my copy onto Rapidshare for those who are interested.

Mods: these MP3s were originally distributed for free, so I'm sure I'm in the clear to share this.
If it's a problem though, please PM me and I'll delete the link.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I'm overall very impressed with this tribute.

[quote name='bmachine']I uploaded my copy onto Rapidshare for those who are interested.

If it's a problem though, please PM me and I'll delete the link.[/quote]

Thanks. DLing now...

I have been listening to in rainbows pretty fiercely lately.

I am curious to people's thoughts on CD2.

I think they basically just sound like an extension of the album, no better, no worse.

Overall, in rainbows is a great listening experience.

edit: Has anyone entered into the nude iTunes remix contest?

Woodlands too. Rows LL or MM, I think. Only thing I'm worried about is that the tickets say the view may be obscured but I looked at the seating chart and it didn't look too bad. Just really grateful I was able to pull something other than a lawn ticket after missing out on the WASTE presale.

[quote name='pinebarrens']Anyone going to any of the US shows next month? I got my tickets to the Houston show! Row Z![/quote]

I'll be seeing them at Lollapalooza on August 1. They're playing in NY a week later at the All Points West festival, but I can't justify buying tickets to anything involving Jack Johnson.

i had a legal copy of In Rainbows downloaded and then my stupid Zune software somehow managed to delete it. Come to find out that In Rainbows is no longer available for free d/l.

damnit! :bomb:

[quote name='Mojimbo']Woodlands too. Rows LL or MM, I think. Only thing I'm worried about is that the tickets say the view may be obscured but I looked at the seating chart and it didn't look too bad. Just really grateful I was able to pull something other than a lawn ticket after missing out on the WASTE presale.[/quote]

Yeah, the waste presale was a joke. They gave absolutely no info about when tickets would go on sale. Like I have time to stay up all night and hit refresh. I thought the point of waste was to get tickets to the fans but it doesn't really work like that. There are still a ton of seats on stubhub and with ticket brokers. I will be flying down to Houston on Saturday morning for the show. I've never been there before. Any suggestions on something fun to do before the show?

[quote name='pinebarrens']Upon my first listen of disc two, the only standouts are:

Down is the new up
Bangers and Mash[/quote]

Bangers and Mash is my favorite track from the album, thus far. In fact, it's my only favorite, thus far. :oops:

[quote name='pinebarrens']Yeah, the waste presale was a joke. They gave absolutely no info about when tickets would go on sale. Like I have time to stay up all night and hit refresh. I thought the point of waste was to get tickets to the fans but it doesn't really work like that. There are still a ton of seats on stubhub and with ticket brokers. I will be flying down to Houston on Saturday morning for the show. I've never been there before. Any suggestions on something fun to do before the show?[/QUOTE]Sorry, man, I'm not from the area and I'm driving a good 3 or 4 hours to get there. You'd probably get some good suggestions if you asked in the Houston thread in the Southwest regional forum, though.

[quote name='pinebarrens']Anyone going to any of the US shows next month? I got my tickets to the Houston show! Row Z![/quote]
I got my ticket for the Seattle show! ill be in section 101, row 12, seat 25!

The Houston show was great!! The highlights include You and Whose Army and Optimistic. They opened up with 15 step. I was a little annoyed that there weren't any white tshirts for sale, I have way too many black ones.

[quote name='pinebarrens']I was a little annoyed that there weren't any white tshirts for sale, I have way too many black ones.[/quote]

No such thing as too many black t-shirts! ;) Actually saw a really cool white Radiohead shirt at Hot Topic last week.

I have to wait 'til August to see 'em. Do they still do old stuff...especially from the Pablo Honey/The Bends era? Or is the focus primarily on the newer artsy stuff?

[quote name='bmachine']No such thing as too many black t-shirts! ;) Actually saw a really cool white Radiohead shirt at Hot Topic last week.

I have to wait 'til August to see 'em. Do they still do old stuff...especially from the Pablo Honey/The Bends era? Or is the focus primarily on the newer artsy stuff?[/QUOTE]

They didn't play anything from Pablo Honey and only played Planet Telex and Street Spirit off of the Bends. They played 9 of 10 In Rainbows tracks at my show.

I was surfing the web last night and I stumbled across something called "Gagging Order" - it's pretty sick. Excellent quality acoustic recordings of 20 different songs - some of the more recent stuff sounds especially cool. Info is HERE and if you google it you can find the DL on rapidshare.

[quote name='javeryh']I was surfing the web last night and I stumbled across something called "Gagging Order" - it's pretty sick. Excellent quality acoustic recordings of 20 different songs - some of the more recent stuff sounds especially cool. Info is HERE and if you google it you can find the DL on rapidshare.[/quote]

Wicked nice. Thanks for posting that. DL'ing it now.

Downloaded it via BitTorrent. Be sure to listen to the acoustic version of "You," it is the best performance of the song in the universe. "I Might Be Wrong" and "Everything in its Right Place" are excellent as well.

I like how they waited until after the first leg of the North American tour to play new material. :applause:

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwrBrZYs6rI[/MEDIA]

I finally got around to watching the Meeting People is Easy movie/video. It was pretty cool to see early versions of material from Kid A and In Rainbows. However it wasn't really much of a documentary. It didn't seem like the guy who made it had a clear direction he wanted to go with it. He just decided to put a bunch of weird images mixed in with live Radiohead performances. I don't really have much more information about the band except that they were getting annoyed with touring/fame. Overall though, worth watching.

[quote name='javeryh']I was surfing the web last night and I stumbled across something called "Gagging Order" - it's pretty sick. Excellent quality acoustic recordings of 20 different songs - some of the more recent stuff sounds especially cool. Info is HERE and if you google it you can find the DL on rapidshare.[/quote]

Thanks for posting that. Sounds great but wasn't easy to find at all. This isn't an official Radiohead release is it? I found a cover on rapidshare with the word "Gagging" spelled wrong. Here's a picture.
RadioheadCGaggingOrderAcousticSessi.jpg

Did you find the audience recording of the Houston show, pinebarrens? It's pretty good, aside from a little too much crowd noise.

As of August 25, 2009 the first 6 albums have been reissued each with a bonus disc (or two) containing all B-sides and some live recordings from the respective era. It is all previously released stuff but now everything is conveniently located in one place instead of spread across multiple CDs.

:drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

[quote name='javeryh']The real order:
The Bends
OK Computer
In Rainbows
Kid A
Hail to the Thief
Amnesiac
Pablo Honey[/QUOTE]

Now I'm feeling this:

In Rainbows
OK Computer
Kid A
The Bends
Amnesiac
Hail to the Thief
Pablo Honey

I really hope a new CD is coming soon...

Hope they start a North American tour soon. I will never forgive myself if I never see them live.

They might be the one band where I'm willing to spend $500 per ticket for really good seats. Hopefully they do a ticketless concert like Atoms for Peace did in NYC.

As impossible as it sounds, I too now place In Rainbows ahead of OK Computer and The Bends. I never thought that would have been possible.

Radiohead Prague concert DVD in basically every format imaginable.

http://radiohead-prague.nataly.fr/Download.html

On 23rd August 2009 a group of Radiohead fans descended on
the Výstavištĕ Holešovice Exhibition Hall in Prague on a mission –
to capture the band playing using as many different angles as possible.
Bringing together the exceptional talents of many contributors,
here is the result.

15 STEP
THERE THERE
WEIRD FISHES/ARPEGGI
ALL I NEED
LUCKY
NUDE
MORNING BELL
2+2=5
A WOLF AT THE DOOR
VIDEOTAPE