Official Rock Band Thread (It's out, bitches)

[quote name='Dingleberry']My drum pedal snapped in half tonight...
I actually havn't heard of anyones doing this, so it was weird.

And when I went through the customer support, there was nothing for snapping the drum pedal...just if it wasn't springing back up, or if it wasn't registering.[/QUOTE]

You should be covered. I've read a lot of reports with gamers having the pedal snapping. That thing is a plastic POS. But maybe call EA to make sure.

As for how I'm using it, it's like a brake pedal. I rest my foot on it, then tap/stomp down on it.

However, I'm discovering that my calf muscle is not used to quickly tapping my foot in that manner, especially for those half notes. I may have to change its position so I can use my heel to step on it, since that is how most people tap their feet and my muscle memory for that motion is much much greater.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']As for how I'm using it, it's like a brake pedal. I rest my foot on it, then tap/stomp down on it.

However, I'm discovering that my calf muscle is not used to quickly tapping my foot in that manner, especially for those half notes. I may have to change its position so I can use my heel to step on it, since that is how most people tap their feet and my muscle memory for that motion is much much greater.[/quote]Try thinking of it as a gas pedal instead. It might save it from wear and tear and possibly breaking. Keep it pressed all the way down at the start of the song then gently lift off then back down on the notes. You really have let off only a little bit as it registers late into the full range of motion of the whole pedal.

[quote name='yukine']Is it just me, or does the Stratocaster really suck when it comes to strumming? The GH guitars actually have some click to them.[/quote]

I really don't like the Stratocaster. Even right out of the box, the strum bar felt mushy and unreliable. It's impossible for me to keep a combo going if a song has a lot of repeated strumming because the thing always drops notes. And I've tried it with the GH3 guitar in the store and at a friend's house so I know it's not Rock Band's supposedly stricter timing.

It's really disheartening knowing that they put all this effort into making a guitar that looks almost like the real thing and strums silently, yet it's actually worse at doing what it was originally designed to do. And that's even when it's not falling apart.

[quote name='Logain8955']So.

fuck Green Grass.[/quote]

I hear ya. It was a bitch on drums. It wasn't hard, but it was long and repetitive. It sucked.

just checked my email to find this
so check ur emails if u ordered a replacement instrument

http://community.rockband.com/vbforum/showthread.php?t=12421

Greetings Rocker,
Congratulations on your purchase of Rock Band!
After reviewing our records, we see that your recent request for a replacement guitar has been subject to an unacceptably long delay due to a late shipment from our manufacturer.
By the time you receive this, your replacement guitar should be on its way to you. However, the Rock Band team is committed to providing a world-class customer experience and we do not believe we have met this commitment in connection with your request. As a token of our appreciation for your patience and understanding, we will be offering you a FREE EA game. Details will follow shortly.
We are sorry if your first experience with Rock Band has not met your expectations. We hope our gift will show you how committed we are to your satisfaction.
Thank you,
The Rock Band Team

btw heres the thread about it on the rock band forums
http://community.rockband.com/vbforum/showthread.php?t=12421

[quote name='evanft']Yeah, too bad it's an EA game. You should send them a reply asking if you can just get the guitar faster.[/QUOTE]
Burnout says hi

I got the email as well.

I hope I can get a copy of Burnout Paradise, but if I have to go with something already out, I'll try to get Need for Speed probably.

i didn't get said email and i had to request a new drum set and guitar!

my guitar came on friday, ordered a replacement on sunday.

i don't even think the drums shipped yet, ordered those over a week ago! [ thanksgiving ]

---

i sent them an email about my drums... hopefully they'll get right on that. and hopefully they offer me a game.

also, has anyone gotten in their drum replacement? i've read a few posts in other places that stated they gotten theirs. i was wondering if they send you the whole kit? and if it includes the newer drum sticks.

Got my replacement guitar today.

First off, it wouldn't turn on when plugged in.

Re-sat it, and it turned on. Then the star power stopped working after ONE song.

Currently on hold with EA Tech Support.

[quote name='Logain8955']Got my replacement guitar today.

First off, it wouldn't turn on when plugged in.

Re-sat it, and it turned on. Then the star power stopped working after ONE song.

Currently on hold with EA Tech Support.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, post what you need to do if a replacement breaks

One of my dogs chewed the connector for the kick pedal. I basically see two options and I'm wondering which is the best. When I bought Rock Band at Best Buy, I opted for their 2-year service plan. Yes, I know the Rock Band box shipped with that flyer stating not to go through retailers for replacements, but this might actually work out.

During the process of going through the forms and such for replacing my guitar (bad strum bar, of course), I remember reading that they would only replace components that were either genuinely faulty or broke due to normal usage conditions. I'm sure dog teeth don't apply. I know I can just get a replacement pedal sent to me anyway, but I'm afraid they will end up charging me for the replacement after they get my destroyed one back.

So, my options are either take advantage of the BB service plan (which EA says not to do) or take my chances with EA and hope they feel generous. What would you do?

Regardless, I am getting the replacement pedal sent to me through the EA site since I can always just return the new pedal with presumably no problems.

I don't know if this has been discussed or not but here it goes...

I was sitting in class complaining about my drum pedal when another student spoke up and asked me if i'd done the vocals yet. I replied saying that I didn't really like doing it because I wasn't able to put my own little spin on the notes.

He then said he cheats by having an ipod and headphones with all the songs and he just hits play when it starts while he plays the drums.

Anyone know if this works? I recently got my car broken into and the ipod was stolen, so i can't try it out.

[quote name='anomynous']Yeah, post what you need to do if a replacement breaks[/QUOTE]

Just call 'em again, and they'll do another send out.

Was hoping they'd throw in more free stuff, but no dice =\

I ordered my replacement drums on 11/24/2007 and I STILL have yet to have anything shipped to me and I have no EMAIL about a free game. I'm fucking PISSED.

[quote name='Maynard']I ordered my replacement drums on 11/24/2007 and I STILL have yet to have anything shipped to me and I have no EMAIL about a free game. I'm fucking PISSED.[/quote]

Same here. Although I ordered on the 26th.

My replacement guitar arrived yesterday.... except they forgot to put the guitar in the box. I called them up and they're sedning me a new one and offering me a game for the trouble

[quote name='themidnighter23']My replacement guitar arrived yesterday.... except they forgot to put the guitar in the box.[/quote]

Ahahaha. Good to hear they're on top of things. How does that even happen?

[quote name='themidnighter23']My replacement guitar arrived yesterday.... except they forgot to put the guitar in the box. I called them up and they're sedning me a new one and offering me a game for the trouble[/quote]

:lol:

[quote name='themidnighter23']My replacement guitar arrived yesterday.... except they forgot to put the guitar in the box. I called them up and they're sedning me a new one and offering me a game for the trouble[/QUOTE]

and you chose express shipping?

Whoa I didn't realize this had the South Park Timmy song in this. I just finished all the bonus songs for Guitar, man thats going to be hilarious to have someone singing to it.

[quote name='RonnieWrecked']and you chose express shipping?[/QUOTE]
yup. the thing that was most frustrating was that I wasn't getting emails updating the status of the problem. Apparently there was a problem with emails as well, people weren't getting the tracking number info. Sooner or later they're get it together, at leasat they're offering a free game for all the trouble

[quote name='CouRageouS']Whoa I didn't realize this had the South Park Timmy song in this. I just finished all the bonus songs for Guitar, man thats going to be hilarious to have someone singing to it.[/quote]Tried that. It's the only song I can't five star on Easy, and that's because not only is there very little singing (I'm excellent at Rock Band's singing since it's so freaking lenient), but there's also a ton of off-tempo gibberish words that I don't know how to say right. I generally struggle with the spoken parts anyway since I don't know what the engine is looking for, so that song will probably be impossible for me on Hard or Expert.

Also, update on my drum pedal situation. I did order the replacement last night, but wanted to make everything would be okay. I called a few minutes ago and was forward and honest to the support guy, Matt, who sounded like a native English speaker, and his response was precisely what I wanted. He said to go ahead and keep the replacement and return the de-corded pedal. He said at this point, they don't particularly care what's wrong with the Rock Band equipment. He said they are more concerned with getting everyone back to playing the game ASAP. As long as the equipment doesn't show signs of severe abuse or neglect (his exact words were "As long as you haven't run over it with a Mac truck."), they should take it back with no issues.

Of course, we'll see how this plays out when they get my dogified pedal back next week.

FINALLY my drums shipped out today [ ordered on thanksgiving ]. shipped from Kentucky and arrived in CA in a town roughly 1 hour away from me. hopefully i get them tomorrow cause i've been eff'ing waiting to play more drums [ beat it on hard, playing through expert ].

[quote name='Z-Saber']Tried that. It's the only song I can't five star on Easy, and that's because not only is there very little singing (I'm excellent at Rock Band's singing since it's so freaking lenient), but there's also a ton of off-tempo gibberish words that I don't know how to say right. I generally struggle with the spoken parts anyway since I don't know what the engine is looking for, so that song will probably be impossible for me on Hard or Expert.[/quote]
Agreed. It's the strange vocals of Timmy that makes it hard to replicate them and get a good score. Still a great song though.

Just got off the phone with EA, I ordered my drums on the 24 of November and EA messed something up and ended up cancelling my order and charging me $175 to my account. I was pretty calm but agitated when I just spoke with them and they gave me THREE free games! Orange Box, Mass Effect and Crysis plus a $15 gift card to their store. Pretty damn impressed, oh and they're shipping my drums out tomorrow morning apparently :)

[quote name='Maynard']Just got off the phone with EA, I ordered my drums on the 24 of November and EA messed something up and ended up cancelling my order and charging me $175 to my account. I was pretty calm but agitated when I just spoke with them and they gave me THREE free games! Orange Box, Mass Effect and Crysis plus a $15 gift card to their store. Pretty damn impressed, oh and they're shipping my drums out tomorrow morning apparently :)[/QUOTE]

omg you bastard...

i got my drums today, different model than the ones i had before. works flawlessly so far. hope it holds up cause i already added foam/felt pads on top of each tom.

Just got mine today, had a few questions though:

1. Do we need to send back the defective one when the new guitar comes (I can hear something rolling around inside mine, and it only activates star power about 1/10 times at best) and if so, do they provide the shipping box/label?

EDIT: I just read in a previous post that the rattling is normal. strange, but oh well, still need replacement to fix star power

2. Anyone else get theres with pads that look used? I got mine from Amazon, and the left two pads are all scuffed looking, while the right two look flawless.

Thanks in advance!

just checked my email and got this
so heres an update for those who got free game emails

Greetings Rocker,

You recently received an e-mail from us regarding the status of your Rock Band shipment and our offer to also send you a FREE EA GAME. We trust that by this time your guitar has arrived and you’re rocking out!

We are working diligently to create a process to allow you to pick your FREE EA Game. Given that this is by far the busiest month of the year for our customer support team, we are still working out the final details – but we just wanted to let you know that you can expect an email with a list of available EA Titles and how to place your order for your FREE EA Game soon.

We appreciate your patience,

The Rock Band Team at Harmonix, MTV and EA

[quote name='lordwow']So wait, if I can hear something rolling around in mine, it's broken? My Star Power works 99% of the time...[/quote]

No, I think that is the sensors. You should be fine.

I still haven't received any emails. I called today for the second time and was told that my new guitar is on it's way back, with an apology or two, but that's all.

[quote name='Maynard']Just got off the phone with EA, I ordered my drums on the 24 of November and EA messed something up and ended up cancelling my order and charging me $175 to my account. I was pretty calm but agitated when I just spoke with them and they gave me THREE free games! Orange Box, Mass Effect and Crysis plus a $15 gift card to their store. Pretty damn impressed, oh and they're shipping my drums out tomorrow morning apparently :)[/quote]How are you getting a non-EA published game for free?

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']How are you getting a non-EA published game for free?[/QUOTE]

EA owns Bioware now, so while this is an MS Game Studios published title, it's possible that he's not bullshitting.

Quick and unusual question....

Not knowing whether I'd like the game or not, I decided to just buy it "game-only" and use my GH3 Les Paul. Now I'm absolutely hooked.
I want to buy the bundle, and return the game from the bundle to the store I bought the "game-only" from w/ my receipt. Basically my question is,
is the game in the Rock Band bundle shrinkwrapped with the original bar code/UPC, or is it labeled "not for individual" sale???

Thanks.

[quote name='tenaciousjack']Quick and unusual question....

Not knowing whether I'd like the game or not, I decided to just buy it "game-only" and use my GH3 Les Paul. Now I'm absolutely hooked.
I want to buy the bundle, and return the game from the bundle to the store I bought the "game-only" from w/ my receipt. Basically my question is,
is the game in the Rock Band bundle shrinkwrapped with the original bar code/UPC, or is it labeled "not for individual" sale???

Thanks.[/quote]The bundled game was shrink-wrapped and the UPC is intact like the game-only retail release, I imagine.

bread's done
Back