Official San Diego Area CAG List

[quote name='Furashu']anyone buy from frys? my friend said they would have the CE?
i was wondering if u could like hide one for me.. LOL
at work and get off at 3. my deep discount order is like in limbo[/QUOTE]

Best Buy gots tons of each CE version. I picked one up at around 11 and they still had probably 20-30 copies of each.

Frys is all out of the ps3 CE the one off the 15
there was 5 of the 360 CE though

bought a reg edition gonna keep my deep discount CE for a collectors item

my friend wants to buy a Standard edition FIght stick, does anyone know if they are available? err where?
the frys doesnt have them

[quote name='Furashu']ps3 cause me and option iv have it :D[/QUOTE]

i should add both of you. option was on socom with me last night. that game is SO good.

What's up ppowers, didn't realize you were a San Diegan. Yeah, for sure, ps3 all the way.

But really, I'd wait for impressions between the two versions before buying.

i heard the 360 graphics are supposedly better, but the game is so fast pace u cant even notice the pixel difference LOL

haha wait for the game impressions.. crazy talk :D

hopefully i can learn how to really play by then lol

this is probably going to be like madden to me...

learn how to play well first.. then think strategies.

Funny how... option iv thinks the SE stick sucks, or was that zewone? dont remmeber but my SE stick is doing fine :)

ive probably completely overused it and do my moves too roughly and its still working fine.

wonder how legit sanwa stuff is..

[quote name='Furashu']Funny how... option iv thinks the SE stick sucks, or was that zewone? dont remmeber but my SE stick is doing fine :)

ive probably completely overused it and do my moves too roughly and its still working fine.

wonder how legit sanwa stuff is..[/QUOTE]
I don't think i bashed the SEs... yet...

I believe if you were to feel Sanwa buttons after playing on stock buttons, they'd feel just lighter or slightly easier to input. That's really the main difference between Sanwa and most other stock parts. I should know, when I tried going back to default Hori buttons, I was having trouble getting buttons to register because I wasn't pressing them hard enough.

[quote name='outphase']Any sticks you guys recommend for a casual fighting game player? I would get SF4, but I can't play on the dualshock worth a damn.[/QUOTE]
If you can find it, get a fighting stick 3 (ps3) or ex2(360). Though if you're a big guy that likes to play with the stick on your lap, it might be a problem. They aren't exactly big, but they do get the job done.

Or you can wait for more impressions on the SE, though I find $70 too much, especially for a mod.

I can deal with the sizes as I would just play off of my coffee table. The biggest concern is being able to find the fighting sticks. Prices seemed to have gone up along with scarcity.

Yo I am no longer known as TKO_Knockout107, so add my new PSN fellas so I can kick all your asses in some SF4 with my DS3!

[quote name='RiCeBo1']Yo I am no longer known as TKO_Knockout107, so add my new PSN fellas so I can kick all your asses in some SF4 with my DS3![/quote]
youre going down....sometime this week!

Hey MarkMan are u going to host a SF4 tourney at comic-con?
i know u had that game room last year.

or does anyone else know if there will be an SF4 tourney

Not sure about acrylic, but you should consider Norris Arcade sticks. They are sexy. Once I get mine done, I'll post pics of it. They are quality and all you need is a paint, pcb, and buttons/sticks. Art if you need as well. I definitely suck at woodwork, so this is an ideal solution for me.

norrisarcadesticks.com

As for electronic components if you need 'em, I always recommend willy's electronic supply. I know of two of their SD stores, never found the third new one. But they have QDs (.110" female), soldering equip, etc. Their QDs were the cheapest I could find locally and online for that matter. Never buy from Radio Shack, they sell in small quantities and overprice.

thanks, but no thanks, i have a ton of wood at home and want to build the entire stick by myself.

has anyone seen the LEgend of Zelda Twilight PRincess Standard or any edition Strategy Guide ? supposedly theyre 1 penny, but i dont hardly ever buy guides, maybe u guys knew :)

[quote name='Furashu']so if i build my own stick, is there any good places in SD that sell acrylic for cheap?[/quote]

I don't know too much about stick building, but if you're looking for a thin sheet of acrylic, places like Lowe's and Home Depot have them. Would something like a 12" x 12" sheet 1/8" thick work for your project? Those go for like 3 or 4 bucks at Lowe's. There's plenty of other sizes and the staff there will cut them if you need them to.

So which CC still has games for sale? The one in National City has jack shit, the store is almost near empty.

[quote name='RiCeBo1']So which CC still has games for sale? The one in National City has jack shit, the store is almost near empty.[/quote]

carmel mtn is almost empty too.

[quote name='RiCeBo1']So which CC still has games for sale? [/quote]

Went to the one in Encinitas, they still not wiped out, though hoping prices go down further tomorrow. Still have a decent selection of 360 games and ps3, and a whole bunch of computer games.

if anyone cares
target on convoy had ...

too human for $20 there was about 5-8 copies
last remnant for $30 about 9 copies
fracture for $30 about 12 copies
mercs 2 for $20 it think...
some other crappy sports games.

So I played my first 2 matches online, and man were they pretty laggy. It is so hard to find someone with a GREEN connection! How is it on XBL? Is it better? Also, people fucking cheat to the max. I hate people who spam basic hit moves -__-

its not cheating its strategy!
add me ricebo1!!

sigh i need to get to sleep have work at 7am :'(

anyone see MGS4 LE sealed anywhere?
nvm just did a search..

Last edited by a moderator:
Let me know if anyone finds a FightStick, I'll be updating CAGs with info if I spot any at GameStop's or Best Buys in both Mira Mesa and Lakeside.

hey guys i was at frys last night er today whatever, the one off the 15 by aero

and they had about 30 wiis stacked high

3315156955_8b0aa6d113.jpg

What's up guys, I'm in the Chula Vista area. San Ysidro to be exact.

I'm going to Southwestern. Looking for any local gamers to add to my XBL

At the moment I only have Gears 2, Graw 2 but I'm getting SF4 and SFHDR next week. Also planning on building a stick since X-Arcade isn't compatible with 360.

My XBL is NamelessMC.

Also, anyone agree the deals in SD County are lame? I went to all the stores with clearance threads in CAG deals and they were all crap. Sears on Broadway had most of the $5-10 games from Clearance thread as $20.

They did have a sealed PS2 Kingdom Hearts 2 non GH and might've even been LE/CE or something for $20. Worth biting?

Anyway, nice meeting you guys and hopefully I can game with a few of you!

You missed the Sears sale by 3 weeks ago. I and fellow sd cags cleared all the good stuff.

[quote name='NamelessMC']What's up guys, I'm in the Chula Vista area. San Ysidro to be exact.

I'm going to Southwestern. Looking for any local gamers to add to my XBL

At the moment I only have Gears 2, Graw 2 but I'm getting SF4 and SFHDR next week. Also planning on building a stick since X-Arcade isn't compatible with 360.

My XBL is NamelessMC.

Also, anyone agree the deals in SD County are lame? I went to all the stores with clearance threads in CAG deals and they were all crap. Sears on Broadway had most of the $5-10 games from Clearance thread as $20.

They did have a sealed PS2 Kingdom Hearts 2 non GH and might've even been LE/CE or something for $20. Worth biting?

Anyway, nice meeting you guys and hopefully I can game with a few of you![/QUOTE]

I took a day trip to WonderCon and finally picked up my megaman 9 and ssfthd press kit. I'm bout to check virgin megastore and sears in the sf area.

Best BUy Mission valley had
Resistance 2 collectors edition for 39.99 there was like three left
also they had GH3 for 360 for 42.xx

picked up killzone 2 woo!

oh yeah looks like they had about 25+ wiis roaming around the games section too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mission Valley Target has a few copies of Haze (PS3) for 7.XX and Rock Revolution (PS3; game only) for 13.XX.

Also have Tiger Woods 2009 (PS3) for 13.XX I think...

[quote name='dan13l858']I took a day trip to WonderCon and finally picked up my megaman 9 and ssfthd press kit. I'm bout to check virgin megastore and sears in the sf area.[/quote]

Nice!

I'm glad I have mine ;)

The 20% off sale at Book Off just ended didn't it?

Are you guys sad to see it go? Or are you glad the temptation to indulge there is gone? I wasn't able to make it for their last day; did they do anything special to send it off?

bread's done
Back