Official San Diego Area CAG List

So who's shopping on black friday and where?

I want to go to best buy for a 19" samsung monitor.. anybody check out the mira mesa best buy yet? I'll be heading there tomorrow night after work.

[quote name='chaarlieee']So who's shopping on black friday and where?

I want to go to best buy for a 19" samsung monitor.. anybody check out the mira mesa best buy yet? I'll be heading there tomorrow night after work.[/QUOTE]
I want that 19" Samsung monitor too, hope it's VGA compatible so I can use with my X360

Hmm, I'm not planning on going to BB, CC, or those other big electronic chains this year. Looked and didn't find anything worthwhile. It just seems like ultra hyped regular priced items. But, I plan to do some clothes shopping, maybe at Las Americas outlet, though Im sure it'll be crowded as hell.

[quote name='halu102']Hmm, I'm not planning on going to BB, CC, or those other big electronic chains this year. Looked and didn't find anything worthwhile. It just seems like ultra hyped regular priced items. But, I plan to do some clothes shopping, maybe at Las Americas outlet, though Im sure it'll be crowded as hell.[/quote] Yeah, I don't plan on buying anything too expensive. But a 19" widescreen computer monitor for $129.99 is too hard to pass up. I still have a huge CRT monitor and I'm trying to build a new system before the year ends.

Just an hour ago I bought a SATA II 250gig seagate just now for $68 shipped. I already have two cases for $15 and $20 (both are $80-$90 cases), two free ultra 400w and 500w PSU's, $30 nec dvd burner. Just need the matx mobo, athlon x2 cpu, ddr2 ram, and maybe some additional blue wires for my clear case and I'm set.

I'm also going to Las Americas with my girl later on during Black Friday, checking out Fry's, and getting dvds and best buy, circuit city, and walmart.

[quote name='RiCeBo1']I want that 19" Samsung monitor too, hope it's VGA compatible so I can use with my X360[/QUOTE]
Someone from dallas in a different forum said he saw 50 of the samsung monitors.

Anybody been to the mira mesa best buy for the opening? How long do the lines get and what should I expect if I get in line around 3:30am-4:00am?

[quote name='chaarlieee']Yeah, I don't plan on buying anything too expensive. But a 19" widescreen computer monitor for $129.99 is too hard to pass up. I still have a huge CRT monitor and I'm trying to build a new system before the year ends.

Just an hour ago I bought a SATA II 250gig seagate just now for $68 shipped. I already have two cases for $15 and $20 (both are $80-$90 cases), two free ultra 400w and 500w PSU's, $30 nec dvd burner. Just need the matx mobo, athlon x2 cpu, ddr2 ram, and maybe some additional blue wires for my clear case and I'm set.

I'm also going to Las Americas with my girl later on during Black Friday, checking out Fry's, and getting dvds and best buy, circuit city, and walmart.[/QUOTE]
Oh, my bad, I thought you were talking about a TV monitor, but that deal is damn good. CRTs are just too clunky these days, definitely go for the monitor if you can. I'd prolly go for it too, but I already bought a comp and monitor recently. I hope Fry's has some kind of deal on a Cable modem, I desperately need a cheap one for both me and my mother's office.

Hmm, about the skeetboards, I coulda sworn there was a cheap place around South Bay that made custom boards, or maybe it was Rancho Penasquitos [sp?]. I'll try to ask my cousins about it, I haven't skated in ages and the best trick I can do is ankle buster to face grind.

[quote name='chaarlieee']Someone from dallas in a different forum said he saw 50 of the samsung monitors.

Anybody been to the mira mesa best buy for the opening? How long do the lines get and what should I expect if I get in line around 3:30am-4:00am?[/quote]

I just moved to Santee and I'm debating whether or not to go to the BB here or in MM, I'll let you know if you would like to camp with me, I'll be there at around 10pm, I want that damn 32" Westinghouse.

[quote name='chaarlieee']Someone from dallas in a different forum said he saw 50 of the samsung monitors.

Anybody been to the mira mesa best buy for the opening? How long do the lines get and what should I expect if I get in line around 3:30am-4:00am?[/QUOTE]
Dude, that is insane, getting in line at 3:30 am just to shop at 5:00 am. I'm gonna leave at 5-6, and if I don't get anything I want, than fuck it. I'm trying to get a new skateboard too but iunno if places like Sun Diego will have them on sale.

But do you know if the monitor supports VGA too?

[quote name='RiCeBo1']Dude, that is insane, getting in line at 3:30 am just to shop at 5:00 am. I'm gonna leave at 5-6, and if I don't get anything I want, than fuck it. I'm trying to get a new skateboard too but iunno if places like Sun Diego will have them on sale.

But do you know if the monitor supports VGA too?[/quote] LOL.. have you ever shopped on black friday?

You think 3:30am is crazy? Some people camp out the afternoon before black friday.. say 2pm, some 7pm, and so forth. I'm not crazy enough to do that though, since I can't afford any of the huge sales.

Anyway, the monitor supports DVI and RGB. You can get a converter if you need to.

http://www.samsung.com/ph/products/monitor/lcdmonitor/931bw.asp?page=Specifications

If you want a screen for the 360, you should probably step up and pay a little more for some of the westinghouse sets.

[quote name='RiCeBo1']I'm looking for completes, preferably World Industries. I can also do custom boards too as long as it's under $90[/quote]

You can go to CCS.com and get a World Industries complete for $79.99. Free shipping only applies to orders $90 and above though, if you can find a $10 filler item, it'll ship free and no tax.

[quote name='menikmati']I just moved to Santee and I'm debating whether or not to go to the BB here or in MM, I'll let you know if you would like to camp with me, I'll be there at around 10pm, I want that damn 32" Westinghouse.[/quote]im thinking about getting that tv too. If I do decide to get it ill probably go at 3 am at the salinas one since im back home right now.

Alright! I did quite a bit of shopping today and picked up Victorious Boxers 2 for PS2..... Fry's only got 3 wtf?

I got Phoenix Wright 1 and 2 at Fry's too... I've been wanting to play those games for awhile now...

But! As my luck would have it, I still could not find a copy of Capcom Classics Collection 2. Hrm. Anyone see it around SD yet?

[quote name='MarkMan']I got Phoenix Wright 1 and 2 at Fry's too... I've been wanting to play those games for awhile now...
[/QUOTE]

Oooo how much did Phoenix Wright 2 set you back? If the price is somewhat decent I will definitely go pick one up.

[quote name='chaarlieee']LOL.. have you ever shopped on black friday?

You think 3:30am is crazy? Some people camp out the afternoon before black friday.. say 2pm, some 7pm, and so forth. I'm not crazy enough to do that though, since I can't afford any of the huge sales.

Anyway, the monitor supports DVI and RGB. You can get a converter if you need to.

http://www.samsung.com/ph/products/monitor/lcdmonitor/931bw.asp?page=Specifications

If you want a screen for the 360, you should probably step up and pay a little more for some of the westinghouse sets.[/QUOTE]
I do shop on BF, my favorite holiday shopping spree every year. But that is just too insane lol.

Oh, it says it supports D-sub, correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't D-sub another term for VGA?

Oh Charliee, wouldn't mind picking up an extra one for me will ya? I'm afraid it might sell fast and I really want that monitor!

[quote name='FFMooglestar']Oooo how much did Phoenix Wright 2 set you back? If the price is somewhat decent I will definitely go pick one up.[/QUOTE]
I saw some PR at Murphy Canyon Fry's for $29.99, not sure if it was 1 or 2 since I'm unfamiliar with the series.

better late than never i suppose, but my friends and i were able to score a PS3 each at the Eastlake Target. 2 60GBs and 1 20GB. they don't seem to be fetching as much money now, but still bring in a couple hundred bucks on top of retail.

[quote name='RiCeBo1']I do shop on BF, my favorite holiday shopping spree every year. But that is just too insane lol.

Oh, it says it supports D-sub, correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't D-sub another term for VGA?

Oh Charliee, wouldn't mind picking up an extra one for me will ya? I'm afraid it might sell fast and I really want that monitor!

I saw some PR at Murphy Canyon Fry's for $29.99, not sure if it was 1 or 2 since I'm unfamiliar with the series.[/QUOTE]
lol, I don't know if I have a good chance to get one for myself if I leave around 3:30am. People on the gottadeal forums are trying to convince me that going sometime from 7pm-9pm on thanksgiving is the best time to go!

Those people are fucking insane.. I'm not waiting that long for a computer monitor. A TV or something else really expensive, on the other hand, is a reason to go out at 7pm-9pm, but I'm not getting anything like that.

Yeah, 15 pin d-sub is the same thing. I'm going to use DVI if I can get it.

Best Buy stores all had PS3s this morning, about 20-24 each store... they all sold quickly.

GameStop/EB Games stores should have gotten their 2nd shipment as well.

Phoenix Wright 2 was $39.99 for the import at Fry's btw.

on Monday, FFMoogleStar steered me to the Eastlake Target, where they had about 15-20 Wii Remotes at about 330pm. i bought one. unless there's been a mad rush, i can almost guarantee there's still several there. i was there today, but didn't happen to venture far into the video game section, so i can't say for certain, but it's definitely worth a shot.

Still on the lookout for the best deal on a skateboard, but best I could find was a Blind complete at Blue Room for $90, Sport Chalet didn't have shit and lied 2 times, called yesterday asking for a World Industries complete and said they have it for $59.99 (like their site), went there today and they said they don't carry it. But said if I bring in a printed price from their website they would PM it, so I did it and went back but they said they couldn't since it was a complete. Pissed me off so fucking much cuz that just tells me the fucker who told me print out the price and bring it in wasn't listening that I was looking for a complete. Pretty pissed after that, but yeah I'm all chill now :lol: Still dunno if I want that monitor or a new skateboard. Man, decisions, decisions...

But yeah, anybody know how reasonable the prices are at San Diego Surf Shop in Balboa? And anybody know if Fashion Valley stores are open tomorrow?

I'm getting up at 3, picking up my girl, passing by best buy with hope that there aren't too many people there (impossible), then heading straight to Fry's.

I hope I'm at Fry's at 4. Somebody on SD mentioned that there is a cpu/mobo combo on sale and there are also plenty of discounted mobos.. definitely hitting that up.

Leaving house at 4:30 and going straight to Mission Valley's BB. Remember SD'ers, fight for your right...TO SHOP!!

wow. at midnight, the CV BB already has about 100 people in line. the adjacent Walmart is about the same. TRU in NC is not too bad (about 10-15 ppl), and the CV TRU only had 2 guys there at 1215. but i got the TV i wanted already, and i likes my sleep so to bed i go. PEACE.

Just got back from Fry's and Las Americas outlets. I got there at 3:30am, the line was all the way around the building.

But I was still able to get the x2 4200+ and gigabyte matx mobo for $220. Great day for me.

Going to sleep now, shopping again later.

Charlie, guess what? I went to BB without reading your post at 4:30, just chilled at the entrance near the Channel 933 kiosk till they opened, and then rushed in there along with the pushing and shoving crowd into the store and I found my Samsung 19" WS LCD monitor. I'm about to open it and hook it up.

So I woke up at 4:15 in the morning to go buy a Samsung 19" LCD WS monitor and a Motorola Bluetooth headset that I'll use for the PS3. Pretty good IMO :)

Oh yeah, then headed over to Fry's which was insane. The lines were too long to deal with so I just went home and got 3 more hours of sleep to add onto my 4 hours I had before :)

anyone know if any of the best buys sold their wiis? or are they still waiting for sunday? i tried getting one back home from gamestop (i had called wednesday night and they said they had 20... they really only had 6, I was number 7 in line... sucks).

LT is the man yet again. Go Chargers! fuck the Raiders!

Anyway, here is a random ass question for other San Diego natives. I was reading this thread about someone trading their PS3 for a supposed Lifetime supply of Taco Bell, and the OP VanillaGorilla mentioned Chili Cheese Burritos. I also recall this fabled Burrito as a favorite in the Taco Bell appreciation thread a while back. Anyhow my question is, does this tasty sounding burrito exist anywhere in the greater San Diego area? I am fairly sure the two locations closest to my house do not make them (Both on H. St in Chula Vista). Help me SD Cags!

[quote name='FFMooglestar']LT is the man yet again. Go Chargers! fuck the Raiders!

Anyway, here is a random ass question for other San Diego natives. I was reading this thread about someone trading their PS3 for a supposed Lifetime supply of Taco Bell, and the OP VanillaGorilla mentioned Chili Cheese Burritos. I also recall this fabled Burrito as a favorite in the Taco Bell appreciation thread a while back. Anyhow my question is, does this tasty sounding burrito exist anywhere in the greater San Diego area? I am fairly sure the two locations closest to my house do not make them (Both on H. St in Chula Vista). Help me SD Cags![/QUOTE]

Chilitos... mmm... I loved those too. I'll check the Taco Bell's in my area for those.

I haven't had one for at least 2 years.

And yea, GO CHARGERS!

Anyone buy that Master Replica's Zelda Master Sword/Hylian Shield + Soundtrack Sampler at Target today?

I couldn't resist. I love Zelda shit. T.T

[quote name='MarkMan']Chilitos... mmm... I loved those too. I'll check the Taco Bell's in my area for those.

I haven't had one for at least 2 years.

And yea, GO CHARGERS!

Anyone buy that Master Replica's Zelda Master Sword/Hylian Shield + Soundtrack Sampler at Target today?

I couldn't resist. I love Zelda shit. T.T[/quote]

Can you elaborate on the Zelda sampler? What is it, and how much does it cost?

[quote name='RiCeBo1']Charlie, guess what? I went to BB without reading your post at 4:30, just chilled at the entrance near the Channel 933 kiosk till they opened, and then rushed in there along with the pushing and shoving crowd into the store and I found my Samsung 19" WS LCD monitor. I'm about to open it and hook it up.

So I woke up at 4:15 in the morning to go buy a Samsung 19" LCD WS monitor and a Motorola Bluetooth headset that I'll use for the PS3. Pretty good IMO :)

Oh yeah, then headed over to Fry's which was insane. The lines were too long to deal with so I just went home and got 3 more hours of sleep to add onto my 4 hours I had before :)[/QUOTE]
Nice. I wanted to just cut in line and there are no rules about cutting, but I hate cutters and decided not to do it.

And yeah, the Chargers are the shit. Just seven games left. I hope they can end up 14-2. With the way they're playing now, I don't see why they couldn't.

[quote name='MarkMan']Chilitos... mmm... I loved those too. I'll check the Taco Bell's in my area for those.

I haven't had one for at least 2 years.[/quote]

I had a Frito Chili Cheese Wrap at a Sonic in Nashville this weekend, closest I've come to a chilito in about 6 years or so.

fuck they have to stop giving me heart attacks. The Chargers better pick it up (earlier in the game) towards the end of the season and into the playoffs because with the way they start their games, they might not even get past the first round. Yes it's obvious that we're missing key players due to injuries/suspension, but they were lucky ("illegal forward pass") enough to even beat the Raiders today; it was pitiful.

Vincent Jackson FTL.

I guess the ruling was right, since he did fling it foward on his own. But I'd probably call bullshit if it another team did it against us.

hahaha, struggling against the raiders? for shame.

[quote name='RiCeBo1']Shawne Merriman next week FTW[/quote]you think a fan will throw a syringe like they did to barry?

Whew, what a weekend. I spent so much crap online, especially on DVDs and graphic novels. Amazingly, I didn't even bother with games and computer hardware this time around. Managed to get a small handfull of threads, but I'm very satisfied. btw, actually went to Las Americas around 12 midnight, big mistake... twas flooded with traffic and people and deals weren't spectacular. I ended up just buying shoes for my sister and she went back later in the day to do my shopping... excellent...

Now... back to the same ol', same ol'. Oh, and how was everyone else's weekend?

Oh man, Taco Bell, I live for that stuff. Right now I'm just hooked on those Spicy Chicken Burritos, plus those caramel empanadas are like an orgy in my mouth. Sorry, don't quite remember those chilitos. Used to be hooked on those 1/2lb. Beef&PO-TA-TOE-S Burritos, but now they just don't compare. Taco Bell Value Menu has gotta be the greatest.

[quote name='FFMooglestar']http://cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=117138[/quote]
Yeah, that seems quite expensive, I wouldn't pay for it personally. Now, for a real Master Shield and Sword, that would be awesome. But, I have to admit, I haven't personally played any of the Zelda games whatsoever. Ok, you can bash me now.

[quote name='isaac']Have any of you guys been able to find any Wiimotes and nunchucks at all?[/QUOTE]

Nope!

If anyone finds any, let me know! O_O

Okay, I searched around. Everyone check Wal-Mart. They restocked late last night/today. I saw about 10 Wii Remotes for sale at the Wal-Mart on Highland Ave. Not the one next to Best Buy, the one down more in National City.

No luck on Nunchucks or Wii Classic Controllers though. :(

I'll check another Wal-Mart in an hour or so.

bread's done
Back