Official San Diego Area CAG List

I ended up getting a copy too just cuz I loved the game... had the review copy for about 3 months before that. It's definately the best, IMO, CV title on any handheld. My vote for bets CV since SOTN too.

[quote name='Diiz']Off topic a bit, but does anyone go to CSUSM?

[/QUOTE]

Just finished my last class there for my undergrad, feels good to be done with school.

MarkMan, I'm glad to hear you liked it. I read IGN's review for it and they made is sound like a rehash of the prior DS title (HOD?).

How did you get a review copy? Are you in the industry? I know you buy (and play) a lot of games, but didn't know about you connections.

I do a lot of things on the side... I write for online publications, do some print work, I also news gopher for a few official sites. I've writte portions of a BradyGames strategy guide well.

I've been going to E3/trade events for years now...(8 years I think)... and it's still fun to me. :)

Regarding reviews, I don't really listen to them, just like to see their 'opinions' most of the time they are on point. But unless that reviewer is familiar with the game(I mean like, religious familiarity), I don't usually buy in. If you played DoS and PoR for a good amount of time you will notice a LOT of difference between the two. PoR is more of the old school CV, level design, command moves, subweapons/spells etc. In my opinion it's the best merge of old school/castleroid design.

Just my 2 cents though. :)

[quote name='MarkMan']
I've been going to E3/trade events for years now...(8 years I think)... and it's still fun to me. :)[/quote]

this last E3 was the first year i didn't go in 8 years, oddly enough. i haven't been impressed with it for the last 2-3 years though. the fun has kinda worn off and mostly i'd go for the free junk and to hang out with some friends i don't see very often. we'd also stop at Tommy's and Game Dude somewhere in between. of course, now we have a Tommy's down here and Game Dude now kinda sucks, so there's two less reasons to go anymore. ;)

i did miss playing the new stuff before everyone else. i remember about 3 years ago (i think), i only wanted to play Treasure's Tiny Toons multiplayer/party game. i stood behind this stupid hooker of a girl for almost half an hour waiting (it was only on one kiosk - yay!), and never got my chance. i told myself i'd come back but forgot. to top it all off, the game never got released. anyone remember that game? dang it.

LT is the fucking shit.

I think he'll add on AT LEAST another 5 touchdowns. I say he has two 2 touchdown games and one 1 touchdown game to close out the season.

Has anybody seen a christmas stocking for around $5 and what store? I mean actually saw a stocking in person for around $5.

I've done all of my christmas shopping online. The cheapest place I found a stocking online was target and it was $12 shipped. I just need to use it for stocking stuffers, so I don't want to spend too much money on one.

I'll probably end up checking Target last minute on the 22nd or 23rd if I haven't found one by then, since I used to work there and I know their Christmas inventory, but I'm too lazy to make stops to check.

Anyone got any info on PS3 availability in San Diego? A couple of friends of mine are looking for some... Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection is coming up that's why :X

Let me know!

I wasn't going to get FFXII and FFIII today, but then when I saw that it came with a free case, I had to get it. Went to the TRU in National City, and got both games and 1 case with no problems. While there I noticed they had 1 Wii Nunchuk left. Better hurry if you are looking for one!

[quote name='MarkMan']Anyone got any info on PS3 availability in San Diego? A couple of friends of mine are looking for some... Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection is coming up that's why :X

Let me know![/QUOTE]
Hmm maybe you coulda had extras if you didn't sell all yours! :boxing:

Has anyone tried using the $40 off coupon at any local Circuit City and had success? I'm looking to purchase this Onkyo HTS, but would like to shave off an extra $40 in the process. Thanks in advance.

[quote name='Ma12kez']Has anyone tried using the $40 off coupon at any local Circuit City and had success? I'm looking to purchase this Onkyo HTS, but would like to shave off an extra $40 in the process. Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]
Is there a scan of the coupon? Would be nice to get an iPod for $40 less.

EDIT: Nvm, found the coupon. Anybody willing to try and let me know? I would like to get an iPod for cheaper next week, but don't know if it works or not. Guess it's worth a try, right Ma12kez?

Hey Guys,
New to the board, not to San Diego though - born and raised. Glad to see theres a cohesive San Diego thread. I got myself a Wii a week ago and found my way here. Great site. Just thought I'd stop by and say hi.

Hi.

When everyone gets bored of their controllers and boxes, check out my band, The Hi-Lites, some time.

www.myspace.com/thehilites

Cheers.
Duncan

[quote name='allyourblood']hey there, Duncan. welcome aboard.

anyone else happy to see Psychonauts on the 360 now? i can finally finish it.[/QUOTE]
yea that and destroy all humans.

anybody have an eb location with pink ds?
ive been tryin like hell to find one there (ive got tons of credit)

[quote name='RiCeBo1']Guess it's worth a try, right Ma12kez?[/quote]Got the coupon to work on top of their sale price this week as well. Printed both sides (in color on regular printer paper) and the cashier didn't think twice about it. All he said was, "Oh what a good deal!" I managed to pick up the Onkyo 590s for $250 after taxes.:cool:

Anyone going Wii hunting tomorrow? My older brother wants one for Christmas, so I was gonna go check out Eastlake Target in the morning... I was thinking maybe arrive an hour before it opens, anyone think that's too late?

Heavily underestimated that one, Target had like 40 people in line already at 6:00AM. I'm sure people started waiting around midnight or earlier. Oh well, my brother knew that these were nearly impossible to get, so he is not at all expecting one for Christmas, although it would have been a great surprise. Back to sleep SD CAGs... nevermind that... back to FFXII!

Wow, I would have thought showing up an hour early would have been plenty of time. Were you competing with mostly people getting them for themselves or were there a lot of parents there?

[quote name='bthamilton']Wow, I would have thought showing up an hour early would have been plenty of time. Were you competing with mostly people getting them for themselves or were there a lot of parents there?[/QUOTE]

A big mix group from what I saw. It was a rainy so I just drove by and saw the massive line.

Hey guys, I was wondering if any of you had a Tekken5 Stick for sale. Or can point me to any decently priced places.My friend wants to get into guilty gear and wants a decent stick without hassle of building, so I recommended the T5 stick. Thanks a bunch.

[quote name='halu102']Hey guys, I was wondering if any of you had a Tekken5 Stick for sale. Or can point me to any decently priced places. He wants to get into guilty gear and wants a decent stick without hassle of building, so I recommended the T5 stick. Thanks a bunch.[/QUOTE]
I saw one of the T5 Collector Editions with the Stick and Game yesterday at GameCrazy in Murphy Canyon near Fry's. Not sure how much it was though, but try that one.

[quote name='RiCeBo1']I saw one of the T5 Collector Editions with the Stick and Game yesterday at GameCrazy in Murphy Canyon near Fry's. Not sure how much it was though, but try that one.[/quote]

69.99 i believe.

Dunno if anyone was looking still, but the Costco in San Marcos had two full pallets of PS3s when I came in today at like 1:30. As of 8:30, I think there were still a few left. $699 for the bundle and it came with an extra SIXAXIS and Genji.

[quote name='MarkMan']halu102, call every EB Games/GameStop as far as you're willing to drive. If they have it it'd be 29.99.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I did that for myself over the summer and only came up with one. But now that it's so late, it's highly unlikely that another one popped up.

If anyone is selling a Nintendo DS Lite in the San Diego area please PM me. I live in the 92154 area code and am willing to pay up to $130 with games. Has to be in mint condition.

If anybody here has an old CRT PC monitor laying around and you have no use for it, I'll be happy to take it from you.

As long as the screen is 14" or more, it isn't dirty, and it still puts out a nice, clear picture. My CRT is blurry and dark even with brightness and contrast all the way up.

[quote name='TheMoor']If anyone is selling a Nintendo DS Lite in the San Diego area please PM me. I live in the 92154 area code and am willing to pay up to $130 with games. Has to be in mint condition.[/quote]

hey, that's my parents' zip code. anyway, good luck in your search!

anyone know where i can get a DS Lite now??
yesterday i went to
mission valley's target, best buy
grossmont's target, walmart
santee's walmart, target, bestbuy, gamestop

none of them have it in stock.

[quote name='ambitious21']anyone know where i can get a DS Lite now??
yesterday i went to
mission valley's target, best buy
grossmont's target, walmart
santee's walmart, target, bestbuy, gamestop

none of them have it in stock.[/quote] Are DS Lite's that hard to find?

I got an amazing deal on mine from another forum:

DS Lite and original packaging with BB Protection Plan
New Mario Bros
Mario Kart DS
Resident Evil DS
Car and House Chargers
New Mario Bros Guide
9 game cases

Everything was in MINT condition for $120. (Actually was $110 but I offered him $10 extra if he would put it on eBay since I didn't trust his feedback).

I modded it and sold Mario Kart for $20 and Resident Evil for $15, so that whole DS bundle cost me around $85.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230044482083

thats crazy good deal!
i'd do it in a heartbeat..

i'm gonna go check out the walmart at national city right now, someone said they were in stock for all colors.. if not..
i will check 2 more gamestops near where I live..
and iffffff not

i give up.
DS LITES ARE OFFICIALLY SOLD OUT FROM SAN DIEGO.
:bomb::bomb::bomb:

hmm i recall seeing a ds lite at gamestop at del mar highlands the other day but its an extremely long drive from national city so pretty inconvienient.

Target.com says that Santee and Rancho SD (in El Cajon off Jamacha Rd.) locations have the black DS lite in stock (Santee might have more).

Also Sports Arena, Grossmont, and Eastlake locations have the pink one in stock (with Sports Arena having more). Ask employees to check in back or in their computer system to see if they do have it in back.

[quote name='ambitious21']thats crazy good deal!
i'd do it in a heartbeat..

i'm gonna go check out the walmart at national city right now, someone said they were in stock for all colors.. if not..
i will check 2 more gamestops near where I live..
and iffffff not

i give up.
DS LITES ARE OFFICIALLY SOLD OUT FROM SAN DIEGO.
:bomb::bomb::bomb:[/QUOTE]

I recall about... 2 nights ago, someone buying a Black DS Lite bundle from Costco (The one on H. Street in Chula Vista). Costco's bundles are in general the best bundle available if you are forced to buy one. So yeah, you may want to check Costco.

Continuing along that vein, if anyone knows where I can find a set of fair-quality GC dance pads in SD, let me know. Alternatively, they can be universal, but must be GC compatible.

Not a BIG deal, but it'd be nice. I got Mario DDR the other day and have no pads.

[quote name='orimental']Target.com says that Santee and Rancho SD (in El Cajon off Jamacha Rd.) locations have the black DS lite in stock (Santee might have more).

Also Sports Arena, Grossmont, and Eastlake locations have the pink one in stock (with Sports Arena having more). Ask employees to check in back or in their computer system to see if they do have it in back.[/QUOTE]
Didn't think the color DS:L would sell out! I seen a couple last week at Kearny Mesa Target but not sure if still there, but try calling first.

OK well the walmart at national city did have them
they had like 10-15 white and 10-15 blacks
but no pinks.

i almost had it in my handssss butttttt my check/debit card did not go through.
dammit.
i am not very sure how that works..
if i can use a credit option with my check/debit card.. i'll go again tomorrow..
but i duno if they will still have some left tomorrow..

ppl are constantly buying it! when i asked the lady to get a white one for me, where she put it next to the counters, i saw like 4 white n 2 blacks!

bread's done
Back