Official San Diego Area CAG List

[quote name='RiCeBo1']So do they sell games at the prices they receive them? I'm confused what's so special about them.[/QUOTE]

They apparently know their shit, and they aren't Gamestop. If it's not totally out of your way and you're planning on buying a game for full price, I'd say it's worth a visit.

Of course, I haven't actually been there. Next time I'm in the city of San Diego proper I'll probably drop by to check it out.

[quote name='Furashu']they have no deals i bet just a good experience[/quote]

If they have import PS3/PSP games, then they'll be my new favorite store.

I stopped by today, awesome store, good layout and they have alot of high end stuff, good accessories , the guy and girl i saw working there knew there stuff and let us demo a game in the back room. i picked up call of duty 4 for the 360 , i know i could most likely get it cheaper somewhere else but i wanted to support the store. i like it alot.
they also told me where they got the nintendo figures by the register :p some anime/manga place by mission valley mall....stopped by there too and i like that place as well. got myself a mario figure =].

[quote name='dios']I stopped by today, awesome store, good layout and they have alot of high end stuff, good accessories , the guy and girl i saw working there knew there stuff and let us demo a game in the back room. i picked up call of duty 4 for the 360 , i know i could most likely get it cheaper somewhere else but i wanted to support the store. i like it alot.
they also told me where they got the nintendo figures by the register :p some anime/manga place by mission valley mall....stopped by there too and i like that place as well. got myself a mario figure =].[/quote]

Do they have any import games? If they have DJ Max or Disgaea 3 I would so be there.

BTW, the anime/manga store you're talking about is called Rising Sun Creations. Their website is rsc-online.com if anyone is interested.

[quote name='MarkMan']There is only one place in SD that sells import(Japanese) Wii/PSP/NDS/PS3 games :/[/quote]
Oh, you must mean Frys, then. All they have is the occasional overpriced Bleach PSP game, or that Jump Superstars DS title. Neither have been in stock as of late though.

Darn... Whatever, I guess I'll just be ordering online since that's the case.

I'm not talking about Fry's... It's a Japanese cell phone store off Convoy.

Their prices are a bit steep though.

I went yesterday... the prices seem to be about the same as if we ordered online and paid shipping for the most part.

They just started carrying the PSPs and PS3s.

You can get a White 40GB PS3 for 474 there... I got mine for ABOUT the same...., but from Play-Asia.

[quote name='MarkMan']I'm not talking about Fry's... It's a Japanese cell phone store off Convoy.

Their prices are a bit steep though.

I went yesterday... the prices seem to be about the same as if we ordered online and paid shipping for the most part.

They just started carrying the PSPs and PS3s.

You can get a White 40GB PS3 for 474 there... I got mine for ABOUT the same...., but from Play-Asia.[/QUOTE]
$474 for a White 40 GB PS3...that's about the same price as a black 40 GB after tax...that's pretty good...

[quote name='RiCeBo1']$474 for a White 40 GB PS3...that's about the same price as a black 40 GB after tax...that's pretty good...[/quote]

Pretty good, but that's the price BEFORE tax :cry:

What has everyone been playing?

I was going to play/try to finish Devil May Cry 4 today but I was sidetracked by Super Smash Bros. Brawl :(

There's always the weekend though!

I hear ya... I only got to play about 2 hours on release day..., didn't get a chance to play it at work/home at all :/

I've been playing Smash Bros. Brawl and Tekken 5: DR on the side...

I'm mostly playing DMC4 right now...primarily because it's the newest addition to my library. However, I'm still slowly (very slowly) playing through Folklore (which is pretty good), Mario Galaxy, Metroid, COD4 and RE: Umbrella Chronicles. I've got an unopened copy of GrimGrimoire just sitting around that I really want to try. I've pretty much given up on Mass Effect because it's just such a huge game.

COD4 MP is still a daily routine for me almost.
Started lost planet (yea im a bit late on this)
Advance Wars DoR (Getting all S ranks)

Thats about it, when theres a good deal on DMC4 i will jump on it, but i'm in no hurry for it.

hi im selling some ps3 games to get money for a guitar
If you buy two ill give you $10 off
selling
all games have case and manuals
- Madden 08 $40
- Folklore $45
- Marvel Ultimate Alliance $20
- Need for Speed Pro Street $50
- Unreal Tournament $45

just PM me if youre interested or tell your friends please lol i put it on craigslist also but put $5 if u buy two but since youre fellow cagers ill make it $10
i need the money for a $170 guitar lol

anyone check toyrsus in san marcos for wiis? id appreciate it cuz i dont wanna drive there and go home empty
thanks
also if anyone found a clearanced spartan contoller in sd to give a shout there's another post of the clearance in la. it suppose to be in bb

There were Wii units at Best Buy stores too... Saw one on Sat. night.

Picked up Professor Layton and the Curious Village earlier today... going to try and enjoy it during work this week lol.

[quote name='caverntan']I submitted this video to the Goozex Rock Band contest. I'm crossing my fingers and hoping we win it. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=br40F_vKYR8[/quote]

:lol: Haha wow... your video is easily the best of the bunch so far, I really enjoyed it.
The animations were very nice and it had the portal silly vibe and theme to it.:applause:

actually looking back the "origins of goozex" one is also pretty good... thats your biggest competition probably.

Also the girlfriend in cheddar's vid is hot ... so that ones up in the air too.

One question, is the availability of Wiis and Smash Brawl looking grim since the release is around the corner? Or could it be possible to walk in a store around the release date and find it still in stock?

Haven't touched a console game in ages and wanted to revive my Smash interest by picking up a wii and brawl.

theres some rumour that target is getting them tommorrow or something..
im gonna check for sure

as for brawl just pre-order.
for a wii you gotta be lucky. theres always random sightings

if anyone sees wiis please PM me.
my sister and her fiance have been desperately looking for a wii lol
i let em borrow mine till brawl comes out.

if you have a sams club near you ...check there

"At the recent Sam's Club yearly management meeting it was revealed that the bulk/discount retailer will be begin taking pre-orders for games, launching the new process with Super Smash Bros. Brawl. They will also be hosting midnight SSBB launch events at every Sam's Club store that will include not only the game but each store will have around twenty Wii's on hand as well. The game will retail there for under $44."

http://kotaku.com/354633/sams-club-climbs-aboard-on-the-smash-bros-bandwagon

Hey guys. Way off topic... My friends made a zombie movie that has a chance to be on a George A. Romero DVD called Diary of the Dead.

Here it is

ATTN: ZOMBIE LOVERS, WATCH THIS:

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=27737354

It's running up against some other independent zombie movies. They are rated on a few things...

If you guys like it then give it a BOOYAH! rating. If you have a myspace account then add it to your favorite videos. Also, leave a comment. All of that will help them toward their dream of meeting George A. Romero and being on one of his DVDs.

P.S. Lost Oddyssey is really, really good.

dammit samsclub is far like a 20 min drive for me. no thanks
i called
1) frys @ stonecrest no wiis
2) BB @ Mission Valley No wiis
3) Target @ Convoy No wiis
4) TRU @ Morena No wiis

DAMN!!

Hey guys. Has anyone seen the Rock Band Drum Kits in any of our local stores yet? Preferably Best Buy since I've got some coupons and RZ certs to use. Thanks.

[quote name='Ma12kez']Hey guys. Has anyone seen the Rock Band Drum Kits in any of our local stores yet? Preferably Best Buy since I've got some coupons and RZ certs to use. Thanks.[/quote]

I've seen them in the GS's around Eastlake.

[quote name='strdr4']Bought the drums at Fry's.[/quote]Haha, well thanks guys. Hopefully by next week they'll be in-stock mostly everywhere.

bread's done
Back