Official San Diego Area CAG List

Great finds. Did the new import shop have any other older/cheap US PS2 games or was most of it Japanese versions? Did they only have one copy of Bouncer?

Yea it was the only copy of The Bouncer that was new... they had a bunch of stuff though, to be honest... I don't remember most of em.

DS
PSP
PS3
PS2
PS1
GBA

Those are the systems I saw they had titles for...

MarkMan, do you have an address of Book Off? I'd like to mapquest for it.

EDIT: never mind; it's 4240 Kearny Mesa Rd, Suite 128, San Diego, CA92111

Damn it!
i was just at mitsuwa on Friday.
i saw the book off store when i was there .. it was just to the right of staples.
There was a sign that said it will open 3/29.
I thought it was just gonna sell used books and dvds, i didnt know that this was the new import store you were talking about.
If i knew i would have gone on opening day.
Great, all the good stuff is probably gone now.

I'm not a fan of Leah Dizon but if they have some other jpop or J idols items there i will definitely pick them up.

Best Buy has an anime sale if anyone actually wants to buy (instead of DL) some anime lolol.

Tokko (The Complete Series) - $12.99
Elfen Lied (The Complete Series) - $15.99
Noein (The Complete Series) - $17.99
Dragonball Z (Season Four) - $19.99
Mars Day Break - $19.99
Fullmetal Alchemist (Season 2 - Part 2) - $19.99
Neon Genesis Evangel (Platinum Collection ) - $28.99
Samurai Deeper Kyo (The Complete Series) - $29.99 +Includes the GBA game
Robotech (Protoculture Collection - 21 Discs) - $37.49

[quote name='MarkMan']

They had a bunch of stuff there, on Saturday morning at least... hope some of that is still there >.> ![/quote]

I just stopped by book-off today and damn was i surprised.
Its like Mitsuwa's little media section but supersized.
And damn they have almost everything.
A bunch of huge CD/DVD section.
Manga, japanese magazines, and other random books.
Best of all was the 1-3$ stuff.
Unfortunatle it was a little hard to browse through all of the items because it was over stuffed, small aisle crammed with people, and i can't read japanese.
So i think i will have to return to there again and next time i look more throughly even tho alot of the items i want from certain artists and specific books arent there as far as i can see.
I only managed to pick up 3 CDs today for a grand total of 3$ plus tax. :D
I love this store.

I went back to Book Off here in San Diego during my lunch break... I need to stay away from that place or I'm going to end up buying 10+ books everytime I set foot in there.

I got a bunch of old 2000-2001 Arcadia magazines for about $1-$3 each.. The complete US VIZ version of Gundam 0083 Graphic Novel for $2.50 each... and a Mao Inoue photobook for $1 lolol. I love Book Off. Oh yea! I got some Metal Gear book I've never seen before and a Phoenix Wright III art book.

[quote name='MarkMan']I went back to Book Off here in San Diego during my lunch break...[/quote]

Hey I was there too today, around 2:30. I probably missed you by an hour or two. They had a nice little selection of import games; mostly PS2 stuff, but there were also DS, PSP, and PS3 titles. Unfortunately, nothing of those caught my eye; maybe next time. The magazine section was thankfully more impressive. I walked out with a couple of them and the last volume of Chikyu Misaki, to complete my set. I also picked up two of these magazine/books (mooks?) that each included an adorable little robot girl; at least I think they're robots. Pics below:

croixaura00ic8.jpg

I'll definitely be heading back once my tax refund gets to me.

[quote name='MarkMan'] and a Mao Inoue photobook for $1 lolol.[/quote]

Mao Inoue? God Damn it fuck you MARKMAN!!! :argue:

i didnt search the Photobook area for too long because i didnt want to look like a pervert =P~ but i cant believe i missed that.
I would shot myself tho if i found a Maki Horikita photobook.:twoguns:

Damn it i didnt want to go back there too soon but i'm going to go back there tomorrow first chance i get ... if markman didnt take all the good stuff yet :boxing:

Are you serious?! Markman, you're tempting me with those Leah Dizon scans.

So are all the books used? None of the pages stick together do they?

haha, sorry I had to ask.
Did any of you guys happen to see any music books? preferably for stringed (guitar, bass) instruments there?

[quote name='option.iv']haha, sorry I had to ask.
Did any of you guys happen to see any music books? preferably for stringed (guitar, bass) instruments there?[/quote]

I didn't see any such books, but I wasn't really looking for them. I'll probably check out Book Off again on Thursday since I'll be at Frys for Mana Khemia - I can look for some music books there while I'm at it.

EDIT: looks like MarkMan and supraazn will likely be there tomorrow - help a fellow SD CAGer out you two and look for some music books for option.iv!

In the Best Buy ad there are 50% off select anime box sets... anyone spot the Robotech collection anywhere? I really wanna get that.

Was the store really crammed? That's good because the overhead for a store like that must be huge. Sounds to me like all the good stuff was nearly cleaned out.

I went and saw these items of interest in the periodical section:
Some Japanese Gundam hobby magazine that came with a model kit, (it wasn't a Gundam though it was a spaceship) for $5

An old issue of some DS magazine with a guide that had all the maps for New Super MArio Brothers, for $1

And soundtracks for all the Final Fantasies (they were all priced like normal import stores though :( )

Congratulations! It's a great school. I assume you are going there for undergrad?

There is a ton of stuff to do in San Diego. Where are you from? Take a look on this thread a couple of months back. A guy came out here for a couple of weeks and we all told him what he could do while he was here. Check out page 80 of this thread for his question and our responses.

[quote name='assassinX']Im from San Gabriel, a small city that is somewhat close to Los Angeles.[/QUOTE]

I know where that is, I call it "Asian City" :lol:

[quote name='RiCeBo1']I know where that is, I call it "Asian City" :lol:[/quote]

Only place in the LA county where Asian is the majority. ;)

[quote name='RiCeBo1']I know where that is, I call it "Asian City" :lol:[/quote]

Only place in the LA county where Asian is the majority. ;)

[quote name='assassinX']Only place in the LA county where Asian is the majority. ;)[/QUOTE]

Chinese to be exact :)

[quote name='assassinX']Only place in the LA county where Asian is the majority. ;)[/QUOTE]

Chinese to be exact :)

Anyone here been to Fresh & Easy? That store is just awesome. The prices on food is really cheap. And they usually give you a coupon after a purchase for $5 off $20 (exclude dairy and alcohol) which makes the prices even cheaper. It's self checkout and the only employees I think they have are re-stockers, sample distributors and a manager. A lot of their food is manufactured by them as well, maybe to cut out the middle man and further reduce prices. No membership required as well. I'd highly recommend the store if you don't mind bagging/checking out the groceries yourself and saving a pretty penny.

Also went to Book Off the other day. Pretty much walked out empty handed, couldn't really find anything of interest (i guess mine are too specific). But their prices on the JMedia is probably the best you can get B&M. I guess I'm not as wapanese as I used to be.

If anyone needs help locating Metal Gear Saga Vol. 2 DVDs (Includes Metal Gear Online Beta key for PS3), Best Buy stores should have at least 40 each.

I got some more (Have 4 now) at Best Buy in Chula Vista.

If anyone goes to Book Off and ever sees a photo book of Yukie Kawamura, please let me know ;)

I went back there again today after it's first week... It looks like they get new stuff on a fairly regular basis.

I got Ryu Ga Gotoku 2 and Strikers 1945 I & II today.

I'm going back there tomorrow actually.
Last time i left empty handed because i only saw 2-3 things that just slightly interested me.
This time i hope i see something i really want.
Also a tip if you didnt know yet, at the bottom of each aisle theres a drawer with more items being stored there because the shelves are too packed.
especially in the CD and photobook aisle.
Last time i was there i took a quick peak in there hopping to see something good that's not taken yet because only a few people would think to look.

can anyone confirm the gamecrazy sale is going on in sd? I am looking for House of the Dead 2&3 for Wii. However every store I called said that the game was regular price...

So, I was at the La Mesa Library yesterday and noticed that they had a copy of MotorStorm at the front counter for check out. I did a little research and it turns out the library had about 20 PS2, 360, Wii and PS3 games for check out. I had no idea that our libraries had games! It had cool stuff too such as, Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime Corruption, Halo 3, Ghost Recon 2, Need for Speed ProStreet, BioShock, Heavenly Sword, etc. I was truly impressed. Did you guys know our libraries had this kind of stuff?

[quote name='souljah420']can anyone confirm the gamecrazy sale is going on in sd? I am looking for House of the Dead 2&3 for Wii. However every store I called said that the game was regular price...[/quote]

I went to the one on balboa on the second day the sale was on.
i only got condemned 2 tho but the other games should ring up at the sale price too, because the guys there didnt even know that the sale was on until they scanned it.
Just ask if theres any in stock and go there and have them scan it in front of you.
Because over the phone they will just tell you the price of it by the sticker if they still dont know about the sale.

cool thanks - btw that is crazy about la mesa library having videogames to rent (for free like movies i am guessing?) while it isnt terribly far away from where i live, does anyone know of any other branches that do this?

[quote name='bthamilton']So, I was at the La Mesa Library yesterday and noticed that they had a copy of MotorStorm at the front counter for check out. I did a little research and it turns out the library had about 20 PS2, 360, Wii and PS3 games for check out. I had no idea that our libraries had games! It had cool stuff too such as, Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime Corruption, Halo 3, Ghost Recon 2, Need for Speed ProStreet, BioShock, Heavenly Sword, etc. I was truly impressed. Did you guys know our libraries had this kind of stuff?[/quote]

The county library system does have it. I don't think the SD city system does, though.

[quote name='souljah420']can anyone confirm the gamecrazy sale is going on in sd? I am looking for House of the Dead 2&3 for Wii. However every store I called said that the game was regular price...[/quote]

it is they bs you when you call i went to the carmel mountain one it company wide and legit.

[quote name='bthamilton']So, I was at the La Mesa Library yesterday and noticed that they had a copy of MotorStorm at the front counter for check out. I did a little research and it turns out the library had about 20 PS2, 360, Wii and PS3 games for check out. I had no idea that our libraries had games! It had cool stuff too such as, Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime Corruption, Halo 3, Ghost Recon 2, Need for Speed ProStreet, BioShock, Heavenly Sword, etc. I was truly impressed. Did you guys know our libraries had this kind of stuff?[/quote]

The county library system does have it. I don't think the SD city system does, though.

it is they bs you when you call i went to the carmel mountain one it company wide and legit.

Yea I was at the library today and I found that out too, I went to the el cajon one, But they only had motorstorm available, everything else was booked

Score! Found two Yukie Kawamura photo books at my local Book Off! today!

I'm done with that place for the month... Happy Birthday to me... lol.

[quote name='souljah420']can anyone confirm the gamecrazy sale is going on in sd? I am looking for House of the Dead 2&3 for Wii. However every store I called said that the game was regular price...[/QUOTE]
It is valid, but when I went today to pick up Viking at Balboa location, it rang up normal price at $60. I was pissed to find out that one ended, but Condemned 2 was still good.

I picked up the MGS4 pre-order with beta invite at teh Best Buy in El Cajon tonight.

I was there while the P.O.D. event was flopping lol

Can anyone confirm if the Mira Mesa or Mission Valley Best Buys have the MGS Vol.2 DVDs instock? I checked the Mira Mesa BB on Monday and didn't see any.

[quote name='chocobo000']Can anyone confirm if the Mira Mesa or Mission Valley Best Buys have the MGS Vol.2 DVDs instock? I checked the Mira Mesa BB on Monday and didn't see any.[/QUOTE]

i haven't check Best Buy in Mira Mesa but i know Game Crazy in RPQ and Both Game Stops in Mira Mesa have copies of MGS Vol.2

[quote name='chocobo000']Can anyone confirm if the Mira Mesa or Mission Valley Best Buys have the MGS Vol.2 DVDs instock? I checked the Mira Mesa BB on Monday and didn't see any.[/quote]

call them up, the item number is 8794708

bread's done
Back