Official San Diego Area CAG List

The Target in Mission Valley has Project Gotham Racing 4 on clearance for only $14.98. They've also got Lair on clearance for $41.98.

[quote name='bthamilton']The Target in Mission Valley has Project Gotham Racing 4 on clearance for only $14.98. They've also got Lair on clearance for $41.98.[/quote]

I've seen stranglehold and marvel ultimate alliance for $15 in mira mesa and encinitas as well. i wonder how much GS/EB will give for those...

There are Nyko perfect shots all over SD now, almost every store I've been to since Wednesday has had at least one...

GameStop near Sports Arena
Cricuit City in the same area
Game Crazy near Fry's

Etc..

[quote name='MarkMan']There are Nyko perfect shots all over SD now, almost every store I've been to since Wednesday has had at least one...

GameStop near Sports Arena
Cricuit City in the same area
Game Crazy near Fry's

Etc..[/quote]

hmmm...i will have to go and check after this project is done...i'll have my fingers crossed!!! thanks for the heads up ;)

Any other Targets have anything good? I'm heading to Target on Rosecrans today after work, so hopefully I find something good. PGR4 for $15 is worth a try and buy.

[quote name='RiCeBo1']Any other Targets have anything good? I'm heading to Target on Rosecrans today after work, so hopefully I find something good. PGR4 for $15 is worth a try and buy.[/quote]

I saw a copy of Stranglehold at the Target on Convoy on clearance by the book/magazine section.

[quote name='RiCeBo1']Any other Targets have anything good? I'm heading to Target on Rosecrans today after work, so hopefully I find something good. PGR4 for $15 is worth a try and buy.[/quote]

I saw a copy of Stranglehold at the Target on Convoy on clearance by the book/magazine section. Same price.

[quote name='DQT']I saw a copy of Stranglehold at the Target on Convoy on clearance by the book/magazine section.[/QUOTE]

Was able to find the last copy of Stranglehold at Rosecrans :) For $15, this game is so worth it!

EDIT: I also saw a lot of copies of Lair and The Orange Box (PS3) for $41.98 clearanced

[quote name='Ma12kez']If anyone is looking for the Wii Nyko Perfect Shot peripheral, the K-Mart on H Street had about 3 more left or so as of 6pm today. I grabbed two and I can say it's much better than the Wii Zapper hands down.[/quote]

Thanks for the tip, I picked up one there today. There's also some copies of Ghost Squad on clearance at the nearby Eastlake Target, in case anyone wants to get them both in one trip.

[quote name='zephie']Thanks for the tip, I picked up one there today. There's also some copies of Ghost Squad on clearance at the nearby Eastlake Target, in case anyone wants to get them both in one trip.[/quote]No problem. I finally got to try it out on both Ghost Squad and House of the Dead 2 & 3: The Return with a friend and they are AWESOME!!! The only downside would probably be that there's a chance your trigger can get squeaky, but that can easily be fixed with some WD-40.

UPDATE: Convoy Target has a shit load of games on clearance, and half of them aren't bad at all. I saw a lot of copies of PGR4 (for 15), Lair and Orange Box for $30, and Simpsons for $35. They are all in the electronics section.

[quote name='allyourblood']Orange Box for thirty... nice!... was this for 360 or PS3 (not even sure if it's on PS3).[/quote]

I think only the PS3 version is on clearance. The 360 one is still $60 at the Targets I go to (Eastlake, National City).

[quote name='allyourblood']Orange Box for thirty... nice!... was this for 360 or PS3 (not even sure if it's on PS3).[/QUOTE]

PS3 only

id like to find a copy of stranglehold. gona give a couple targets a go today before i head over to gs to use the 25% coupon

[quote name='paz9x']id like to find a copy of stranglehold. gona give a couple targets a go today before i head over to gs to use the 25% coupon[/quote]The Toys R Us in Grossmont had about 4 copies left of :360: Stranglehold as of 11:00 AM today.

I was at Fry's today and finally picked up Lair for $30. While I was there, I was checking out Wii games. You've all seen those really bad games like Gingerbread Ninja or whatever. However, I saw the worst one ever today...so bad that it looked like a joke. It was called "Rig Racer" and appeared to be some sort of semi-truck racing game. Sure, I have no problem with semi-truck racing games, but "Rig Racer?" Come on!

[quote name='RiCeBo1']PS3 only[/quote]

rats. i think 2008 might be the year i finally buy a PS3. perhaps i'll wait for the MGS bundle (but the thought of full price makes me wanna die)...

[quote name='bthamilton']Sure, I have no problem with semi-truck racing games, but "Rig Racer?" Come on![/quote]

like a jacked-up misspelling of Ridge Racer. oh, and for the record i have a huge problem with semi-truck racing games. ;)

[quote name='allyourblood']rats. i think 2008 might be the year i finally buy a PS3. perhaps i'll wait for the MGS bundle (but the thought of full price makes me wanna die)...[/QUOTE]

im in for the mgs bundle, and im not even an mgs fan. its enough to push me over the edge on one though.

i hve another purchase of about the same amount to make though, not sure if i can get the wife to ok both of them.

[quote name='paz9x']...not sure if i can get the wife to ok both of them.[/quote]

we're in the same boat. hopefully mine will buy something mildly extravagant around the same time so i'm covered. ;)

Anyone know how I can increase my download speed on the PSN and store? It takes me 2 hours to download a 1 gig demo...wtf...

[quote name='RiCeBo1']Anyone know how I can increase my download speed on the PSN and store? It takes me 2 hours to download a 1 gig demo...wtf...[/QUOTE]

is your internet nerfed or is it a problem specific to the psn store?

also, no luck on stranglehold at target.
ive been on the GS coupons though, need to grab sylpheed and im thinking monster madness though im sure ill end up with more.

[quote name='RiCeBo1']Anyone know how I can increase my download speed on the PSN and store? It takes me 2 hours to download a 1 gig demo...wtf...[/QUOTE]

My downloads have been fine. They've been particularly fast lately. Are you using wireless or wired? What's your regular download speed for your computer? Maybe try speedtest.net or speakeasy.com with your PS3 browser and see what your speeds are. I use Cox and I've had no problems.

[quote name='bthamilton']My downloads have been fine. They've been particularly fast lately. Are you using wireless or wired? What's your regular download speed for your computer? Maybe try speedtest.net or speakeasy.com with your PS3 browser and see what your speeds are. I use Cox and I've had no problems.[/QUOTE]

I'm going wired now...wireless with gaming and wired with DLing...it seems a WHOLE lot faster with wired.

[quote name='paz9x']is your internet nerfed or is it a problem specific to the psn store?

also, no luck on stranglehold at target.
ive been on the GS coupons though, need to grab sylpheed and im thinking monster madness though im sure ill end up with more.[/QUOTE]

If you want, I'll sell you my copy of SH for $15, but it's opened. I only played it once, but it's still in excellent condition. It's in the same condition as it was after I took it out of the wrap. With GTA4 coming out pretty soon I won't have time for it. PM me if you're interested.

[quote name='RiCeBo1']If you want, I'll sell you my copy of SH for $15, but it's opened. I only played it once, but it's still in excellent condition. It's in the same condition as it was after I took it out of the wrap. With GTA4 coming out pretty soon I won't have time for it. PM me if you're interested.[/quote]

i did the same thing. i just bought Assassin's Creed and COD4 and then said to myself, "when the heck am i gonna play these?!"... i'm anticipating GTA4 to be a massive time-sink for me for at least 2 or 3 weeks.

sorry for the spam, but if any of you guys have a friend or know someone who would trade their PS3 for a Wii (w/games and extra accessories), let me know. i've played the thing only a few times and can't find much reason to keep it. it includes Zelda: TP, Excite Truck, Metal Slug:A, the pack-in sports game, as well as 2-4 remotes, a sealed Zelda carry case and official component cables.

i considered posting this in the trade forum, but i'm wary of shipping costs & hassles, both ways.

Every year I consider going. However, I'm not much of a comic fan, so every year, I just think to myself that it's too expensive...and each year the price goes up. I probably won't go, but it looks cool.

Hell yea im going.
I'm just not sure for how many days.
I might try to go for three or maybe all four days but everytime i only manage to go 2 days.

I'm not into comics really at all myself but they have lots of cool stuff there beside comics and ... i love me's the swags.
But yea i go because my friends go and it really is alot of fun and interesting.

As for the money each year i always buy something rare and flip it.
Last year i got a SW commander Cody for 50$ and flipped it for 150$.
I'm gonna have to see whats rare this year.

I've been going every year since forever...

I already got my professional badges confirmed and will be running a gaming room again this year. I usually get like 30 passes from various relationships.

Comic-Con

Wiis will be in stock at Best Buy this Sunday for the Mario Kart release

someone who knows told me they are holding them ........around 50 + systems at the Encinitas store

[quote name='MarkMan']I've been going every year since forever...

I already got my professional badges confirmed and will be running a gaming room again this year. I usually get like 30 passes from various relationships.

Comic-Con

So what versions of GTA4 is everybody getting? I'm stuck in between PS3 and 360. I hate pop-ins and love better graphics, but I hate dull colors and no downloadable content. Help me out!

[quote name='The Chop Suey']360 fo sho lol i dont have a ps3 so its an easy choice[/quote]

ha! same here. but even if i had both, i'd go for 360. i like the controller way more. the PSx controllers equal hand cramps and discomfort for me. too many sharp angles, and the stalks are too small (and no, i don't have large hands).

I have both systems and I'm probably going to get the PS3 version. I like the controller better and have heard the PS3 version is a tad better looking. I'm a little concerned about downloadable content vs. the 360 version. However, the new PlayStation Store is looking pretty good...especially since it's free...

By the way, Wii Mario Kart is great!

According to this video, the PS3 has the edge. I'm getting the PS3 now...bthamilton send me a PSN friend invite, since we'll probably one of the only ones on here with the PS3 version :lol:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDPHW8nJfrc[/media]

[quote name='RiCeBo1']According to this video, the PS3 has the edge. I'm getting the PS3 now...bthamilton send me a PSN friend invite, since we'll probably one of the only ones on here with the PS3 version :lol:[/quote]

that's weird; after having watched that video you just posted, i was almost leaning towards the opposite conclusion. even so, i don't think anyone can argue that both versions will be great.

being the recluse i am, i never play online with you other SD CAGs anyway. :lol:

now i have to decide if i want to spend the cash upfront right away or wait until my BB GC comes in (from the HD DVD debacle). i'm leaning towards waiting, just so i don't have to burn up the cash. lemme know how she plays!

So it looks like I picked up the 360 version instead. I'm still debating whether or not to keep it or get the PS3. I still think PS3 is the right one for me...

Yeah...going back for PS3.

[quote name='RiCeBo1']So it looks like I picked up the 360 version instead. I'm still debating whether or not to keep it or get the PS3. I still think PS3 is the right one for me...

Yeah...going back for PS3.[/quote]

may i ask why you momentarily defected?

also, still no BB GC... argh!

[quote name='allyourblood']may i ask why you momentarily defected?

also, still no BB GC... argh![/QUOTE]

The pop-ins...there are way too many pop-ins...and the online multiplayer has a weaker draw distance from what I'm hearing and reading

[quote name='RiCeBo1']The pop-ins...there are way too many pop-ins...and the online multiplayer has a weaker draw distance from what I'm hearing and reading[/quote]

ahh... in my case, i hope ignorance truly is bliss! (as long as i don't lay eyes on the PS3 version, i won't know what i'm missing) :lol:

i was reading Joystiq.com today. i forget which version they were talking about, but one of the two consoles was having online multiplayer issues. hope it's fixed by the time i play it!

bread's done
Back