Official San Diego Area CAG List

[quote name='bojay1997']Just got back from Fry's on Aero Drive and it is in fact $19.99 for the PS3 and they had at least 6 in stock as of an hour ago. Possibly more in their storage cages.[/quote]

ty

Any stores around here notorious for breaking street dates? I want to try to get the RB2 bundle for PS3 a few days early :D

edit: The Target in Mission Valley already has the game but no bundles :(

Last edited by a moderator:
LittleBigPlanet leak anywhere? ehehe Big chance we'll be waiting till next month for it because of the recall. So much for buying extra controllers ahead of time.

Edit: well, it's shipping in NA on the 27th. So that's not so bad.

Just came back form chula vista best buy. they broke street date for sweeney todd on blu ray. looks and sounds great! There was 3 copies when i went there. should be 2 left unless someone bought it then and there.

[quote name='jas0']LittleBigPlanet leak anywhere? ehehe Big chance we'll be waiting till next month for it because of the recall. So much for buying extra controllers ahead of time.

Edit: well, it's shipping in NA on the 27th. So that's not so bad.[/quote]

The 27th sounds ambitious to me unless they have been working on the recall for a while now. Amazon says it is now shipping Nov. 4.

Sup all. Been awhile since I've CAGed around. Ever since I got all my games stolen (2ND TIME), I lost some interest.

Then I picked up on the B2G1 PS2 games on Amazon (Odin Sphere, FFXII, MG Collection).

Odin Sphere renewed my interest in building up my collection once more.

So on that note, has anyone seen any cheap Grim Grimoires around? Wal, or CC perhaps?

Thanks in advance for any help, and its good to be back. Seeing the grey & green got me all smilin'

PS: Who's down for some MvC2? Hell even CvS2. Or even 3s (but I just started with this one). Either way, I'm rusty as hell, but miss 'em a lot!

[quote name='haguremetaru']So on that note, has anyone seen any cheap Grim Grimoires around? Wal, or CC perhaps?[/quote]

Walmart has them for $20 last I checked. I think the Eastlake Walmart still has some copies left.

[quote name='zephie']Walmart has them for $20 last I checked. I think the Eastlake Walmart still has some copies left.[/quote]

I picked up a GrimGrimoire at the El Cajon Wal-Mart a long time ago for $12.76 or something like that. It might be worth checking it out for that price, but I doubt they'd be there any more.

By the way, Odin Sphere is a fantastic game w/ some incredible graphics. Enjoy.

Anyone getting Fable II? I forgot all about it and then saw the trailer on Xbox Live. Now, I have to get it. I looks fantastic. However, I don't know how I'm supposed to actually find the time to play it.

I was thinking about getting Dead Space. Anyone have any recommendations about it? I loved Resident Evil 4, but I'm not sure that I am into the whole Alien/Silent Hill demonic creature vibe...

[quote name='bthamilton']
Anyone getting Fable II? I forgot all about it and then saw the trailer on Xbox Live. Now, I have to get it. I looks fantastic. However, I don't know how I'm supposed to actually find the time to play it.[/quote]

this is gonna be my first "day one" purchase in a while (Gears of War was the last one). i'm very excited to play it, and i only hope it plays half as good as it seems it will.

Fallout 3 is gonna be my second "day one-er", and only a week later! hopefully i can play the crap out of Fable II for those seven days or i'm gonna have a real quandary on my hands, juggling the two titles at once.

surprisingly (at least, to me), i'm not very excited at all for Gears of War 2. i'm certain i'll play it, and i'm certain i'll enjoy it, but i'm much more interested in the new and immersive worlds offered by just about every other game coming out this holiday; i'm not that pumped to play through something that looks so similar to its predecessor. further, if GoW2's story is as "deep" as the first, i'll have forgotten it shortly after i complete it.

[quote name='dios']Just came back form chula vista best buy. they broke street date for sweeney todd on blu ray. looks and sounds great! [/quote]

awesome. i still haven't seen this movie and i want to catch it on BD for my first viewing. i just did the MS "live cashback" thing for my first PS3 the other day, and hopefully it comes this week. i have about 30 Blu-rays already sitting on my shelf, just dying to be played. i guess i won't be leaving the house for a month or so. :lol:

[quote name='allyourblood']
Fallout 3 is gonna be my second "day one-er", and only a week later! hopefully i can play the crap out of Fable II for those seven days or i'm gonna have a real quandary on my hands, juggling the two titles at once.

surprisingly (at least, to me), i'm not very excited at all for Gears of War 2. i'm certain i'll play it, and i'm certain i'll enjoy it, but i'm much more interested in the new and immersive worlds offered by just about every other game coming out this holiday; i'm not that pumped to play through something that looks so similar to its predecessor. further, if GoW2's story is as "deep" as the first, i'll have forgotten it shortly after i complete it.[/quote]

I'd get Fallout 3 day one, but with Fable II, there is no way I will have time to play such a massive game. However, I loved Oblivion so I will eventually have to get it when I have some time.

As for Gears 2, I am thinking of getting it. I still think Gears 1 was great. However, Gears 2 doesn't seem to offer anything new that gets me excited. I could probably play Gears 1 over again and have just as much fun (I've only played through it once). I'd almost just get it at launch due to its hype. Then again, if I did that, I'd be buying 10 games in the next month...

Picked up GTA 4 SE for 22.48 at the Target on Broadway in Chula Vista. They had about 3 left by the time I left. My friend picked one up for the same price at whatever Target is near downtown (where he works). Employee told me he stickered them at that price this morning and got one for himself.

[quote name='xrickyb86x']Picked up GTA 4 SE for 22.48 at the Target on Broadway in Chula Vista. They had about 3 left by the time I left. My friend picked one up for the same price at whatever Target is near downtown (where he works). Employee told me he stickered them at that price this morning and got one for himself.[/quote]

argh! i've got too many games coming as it is! oh well, if my wife is going that way tonight, i'm having her pick one up for me. thanks!

No problem. I've seen the SE unboxed in person before and it didn't impress me but damn when I opened mine today I was really stoked. The duffle bag is pretty awesome.

welp, i scored the last one from the Target on Broadway (the one you mentioned, xrickyb86x). my wife was in N. County shopping for Thanksgiving supplies and couldn't get there before closing, but i decided i wanted it bad enough to head out the door at 8:30, so i did.

at first i thought they were sold out, but i knelt down and looked way under the shelf at the bottom of the case, and there it was. guess someone snagged the other in between our purchases (an employee, perhaps?). quite an impressive SE, indeed, though i wouldn't have ever considered paying full price. heck, i didn't even buy the standard edition, so this is quite the reward to myself for holding out so long.

thanks again!

Saw the house of dead 2 and 3 game for wii $15 on clearance on the Convoy Target.

is that a good deal? lol there was only one. buncha crappy other games.

playin' Fable II tonite, and so far, it's excellent. about my only complaint is the control; i don't like the way the x-axis flips and flops around as i use the right stick.

I ended up getting LBP really early while I was in Hong Kong... so that was awesome! I should have bought a bunch and sold em while they were still commanding $200+ !! oh well.

Just got back Monday! Hong Kong is an AWESOME city... so much video game stuff at good prices, I wish I had more time to shop...

Has anyone seen the new Ace Combat 6 with flight stick bundles yet at Best Buy? They were supposed to come out on Tuesday but so far I haven't actually seen one in store and they aren't showing up on the website.

[quote name='Furashu']lets go chargers
maybe if i post in here our defense will show up this week![/QUOTE]

defense? seriously THE most dissappointing season in the last 15 years.

[quote name='paz9x']defense? seriously THE most dissappointing season in the last 15 years.[/quote]

They really need to consider firing Ted Cottrell. It's like day and night with this defense (compared to last year).

if you guys listen to sports radio im sure you all remember the running joke after the marty fiasco about hiring norv turner, then they announce they actuall hired him.

I refuse to wach the games anymore. they make me sick for days.

[quote name='bojay1997']Has anyone seen the new Ace Combat 6 with flight stick bundles yet at Best Buy? They were supposed to come out on Tuesday but so far I haven't actually seen one in store and they aren't showing up on the website.[/quote]
They are starting to pop up in the stores. I checked the system and the El Cajon sotre has a good number of them in. They are not on the site, so you have to call to see if your local BBY has them - SKU is 8614895

Be sure to get the gamers club add-on for the reward zone card when you get this - as it is $150 on its own.

has anyone been to the new Gamestop on camp pendleton ?
supposed to be twice as big as the largest store in the area

wonder if they charge sales tax ? or if its tax free like the rest of the base?

Just came back from the Chula Vista Best Buy. picked up kung fu panda on bluray with a free figurine of po.

also saw stacks of Ace Combat 6 bundles and about a hundred wii and wii fits.

[quote name='qruqid']has anyone been to the new Gamestop on camp pendleton ?
supposed to be twice as big as the largest store in the area

wonder if they charge sales tax ? or if its tax free like the rest of the base?[/quote]

GNCs on base have to collect sales tax, so I'm guessing a Gamestop on base wouldn't be different.

[quote name='Two Headed Boy']Hey fellow San Diegans.

Has anybody been by the new Best Buy near Grossmont Center in La Mesa? Any grand opening sales or anything?[/quote]

The grand opening sale was a couple of weeks ago on a Friday (w/ special early bird on Thursday for RZ members). If you haven't been, you should check it out. It is smaller than the usual BB. It is carpeted and has a boutique-like feel to it. It seems a little more high end than other BB's. Tonight is an invitation only sale...just like at the other BB's. If you are a Reward Zone member, they sent an invite or you can get one online.

not that it belongs here but im selling an excellent condition fender precision bass lyte.
if anybody knows somebody looking to pick up a nice bass send them my way. its especially nice for jazz/funk.

Who's camping out? I really want that 32" Samsung TV at BB, which store will have less people? Mission Valley or Mira Mesa?

bread's done
Back