Official San Diego Area CAG List

Any deals around the area for genuine microsoft xbox 360 hard drives?

I got the amazon xbox arcade deal and the promotion code doesn't apply to 3rd party sellers (who were selling hdds at reasonable prices) so im trying to find some local deals =_=

Hey fellow San Diegans! Bought Lips:Number One Hits only to find out that you need the original game to complete some of the achievements, but thing is been looking everywhere and no one carrries the first one (well, actually not true, saw some copies of Lips: Spanish version, but not what I'm looking for) so if anyone spots a copy, please let me know. Thanks guys.

Anyone wanna trade their new 360 Tekken 6 stick for the PS3 version? Got the Tekken 6 PS3 bundle from Amazon in the mail today.

[quote name='zephie']Wow, are they scaling back or something? At least one day memberships will be available 12/15.[/QUOTE]
No, I doubt that. It's been garnering mainstream appeal over the last 5 years or so with all the media coverage and big name studios previewing their newest projects. I thought that it exploded last year, as it was the most I've ever seen, but this time it looks more like a blitzkrieg than anything else. I've heard rumors that they were moving it to the LA Convention Center to accommodate the suspected increase of population, but I guess talks fell through or something. I cringe to even think about what the crowd is going to be like once July rolls around.:bomb:

Anyone camping out at a BestBuy for BF? If so, anyone willing to snag a copy of Dragon Age: Origins for PS3? I'll pay you gladly for it :)

[quote name='RiCeBo1']Anyone camping out at a BestBuy for BF? If so, anyone willing to snag a copy of Dragon Age: Origins for PS3? I'll pay you gladly for it :)[/QUOTE]

I think you need to bring some late night donuts and coffee for camping CAGs too. lol

[quote name='Ma12kez']No, I doubt that. It's been garnering mainstream appeal over the last 5 years or so with all the media coverage and big name studios previewing their newest projects. I thought that it exploded last year, as it was the most I've ever seen, but this time it looks more like a blitzkrieg than anything else. I've heard rumors that they were moving it to the LA Convention Center to accommodate the suspected increase of population, but I guess talks fell through or something. I cringe to even think about what the crowd is going to be like once July rolls around.:bomb:[/QUOTE]

Yeah, i been going since 97' when i was a teenager. The first big attendance boost was the year when Spiderman 1 was release. I used to buy my ticket at the door for Saturdays. It use to take 2 hours to get in but that year it took nearly 5 hours.

The next big boost was last year or what i like to refer to as the Twilight year. I have never seen people camping out over night for a panel before. With that said, this year is going be crazy because they will be promoting there new sparkle vampire movie Twilight 3. lol In conclusion, if you want to go next year, get your passes ladies and gentlemen because those twilight fans will buy them all up.

Also, the LA Convention Center isn't a bad place to have it but think about it if you hate LA traffic now. Can you imagine Comic Con Saturday traffic in LA.

[quote name='RiCeBo1']Anyone camping out at a BestBuy for BF? If so, anyone willing to snag a copy of Dragon Age: Origins for PS3? I'll pay you gladly for it :)[/QUOTE]

cant u just order it online? if im not mistaken best buy had everything online other then their huge door buster deals available online.

Actually, Comic Con has a contract with the Convention Center that is due to run out soon. That's why they haven't moved out yet. The mayor really wants to push a convention center expansion that could keep it here if the plans go through.

Has anyone been able to find Cross Edge for clearance at any Best Buy? I know the game supposedly got mediocre scores, but I can't resist an old school style rpg.

Well, went to three different HWV, one off Highland, one off E. H St., and one off Sweetwater. Only Sweetwater was participating in the $4.99 used games. The other two apparently don't have a "Game Zone" section specifically for selling used games. Ended up getting Fallout 3 and Civ Rev for PS3. They had a better selection of 360 games, however nothing really stood out. All the games were in the generic black DVD cases with printed out inserts.

[quote name='option.iv']Well, went to three different HWV, one off Highland, one off E. H St., and one off Sweetwater. Only Sweetwater was participating in the $4.99 used games. The other two apparently don't have a "Game Zone" section specifically for selling used games. Ended up getting Fallout 3 and Civ Rev for PS3. They had a better selection of 360 games, however nothing really stood out. All the games were in the generic black DVD cases with printed out inserts.[/QUOTE]
Great on the heads up.

What kind of 360 games if I may ask? Did they atleast have the regular cases?

I'm sorry, I really can't remember. I unfortunately don't have a 360, so I just gave it a quick glance. If I were to guess, they all had black dvd cases with printed out inserts.

dam SD thread has been dying! should pick up since finals are OVER!? :)
hows everyone been, whatre good places to take ppl in SD? im from here but maybe theres secret spots i havent heard of... lol

good places to eat outside of phils n ho-dads?

I dunno. You could drive around Coronado at night and see all the x-mas light decorations. Beach seems like a great idea as well, considering the summer-like weather we're having as of late.

Of course I would recommend going to taco shops as well. The dirtier the better as they say... Also, a while ago I tried Mamatesta's in Hillcrest. It's okay, nothing spectacular. Their catfish tacos are good (certainly not the best thing ever) and the rest of their stuff is mediocre. Maybe I'm just used to Tex-Mex style food.

B&M deals have just been really slow. Lately, I've gotten most of my games online (Amazon, gamefly, hastings). I did go to bestbuy once to pick up FNR4 for $14.99, and boy it was just hell. Now is the best time to just do shopping from home, crowds seriously suck.

We gotta play some SFIV man, it's been forever.

Where are you guys located? I'm in Mission Valley.

I'm willing to trade a games if you guys have any urge to get rid of some haha.

Saturday I got Buzz! TV Trivia for 30 bucks on PS3 and Battlefield: Bad Company for 10 bucks at the Mira Mesa Target. The Buzz! box was beat up and I thought it was returned, but the game was sealed and all the buzzers were there and still working.

[quote name='LordKefka06']SD blows. We need some cold weather/rain/snow for once.

In Escondido it drizzled some at midnight though.[/QUOTE]

I thought I was the only one who thought that. We did get a really nice storm last week. It rained for the better part of two days.

[quote name='karaethon']Has anyone checked any of the local stores to see if the Bayonetta street date was broken?[/QUOTE]
fuck Bayonetta and Sega for screwing up the PS3 port ridiculously bad

bread's done
Back