Official San Diego Area CAG List

[quote name='EmpyreanKnight']Anyone seenn any blockbusters closing in the county?[/QUOTE]

I know the one in La Jolla closed awhile ago. I used to see it when I was at work but never had time to check out the clearance sale.

The BBV by Balboa has had signs saying going out of business for months, but I also haven't stepped in a BBV in even more months.... if that's even a rental store and not an outlet.

i vote next big day sale, blackfriday or whatever, that we all where shirts that just say CAG on them or something so we can all say hi to each other haha

[quote name='doooork']i vote next big day sale, blackfriday or whatever, that we all where shirts that just say CAG on them or something so we can all say hi to each other haha[/QUOTE]

In for 1, thanks :) Size M please!

Picked up Cross Edge PS3 (12.49) and Deadly Creatures Wii (9.99) from Best Buy @ Mira Mesa. Both were the last copies. They had a rack on Wednesday of clearance items. I returned for both games today, but the rack was missing. I asked an employee, and he said they put the rack in the warehouse, but grabbed the games for me.
I took some pics on my cell phone, but I accidently deleted them later in the day. The only thing I remember was a $79.99 Call of Duty World at War box for 360 which, discounted, could be $59.99. I'm not sure though. It had a different color sticker than the games that I bought.

Not a San Diego deal, but I picked up House of the Dead: Overkill on Amazon for $13, and when I picked 2 day shipping on Amazon Prime, I got it the next day, hahaha.

mission valley Target
GTA Trilogy PS2 20.98
Crash Mind over Mutant PS2 20.98
Monsters vs Aliens PS2 20.98
Dragon Ball Z Infinite World PS2 13.98
Advance Wars Days of Ruin DS 20.98

Target Genesee
Call of Duty World at War DS 20.98
A.Creed 2 DS 20.98
DJ Hero Bundle PS2(not ps3) 69.98

Target Balboa
Mostly Rubbish.
They had some LCD TVs and a Car-mounted DVD player. I didn't get the prices.

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't see any clearance PS3s, PS2s or DSs on the clearance endcaps or in the glass. I also did not ask anyone, nor am I really interested. You might have some luck if you ask though.

Had to go back to Target Balboa to return some speakers.
Xbox360 Band Hero Bundle 124.98
Xbox360 The Beatles Rock Band Bundle 174.98
They had 6 of each.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='LordKefka06']Man, I'm sure loving this weather.[/QUOTE]

Tell me about it! Perfect weather for a home-body like me. Curlin' up on the couch with a book (or controller) while the wind is blowing and the rain is just pounding on the roof. Awesome.

Hey San Diego Cags, this is just a heads up information. Gamestop has started selling the Tatsunoko Wii sticks today. If you pre-ordered the stick then your good. If you didn't, a number of Gamestop stores have an extra one or two sticks available per store. By the time you read this, there will be a lot of stores sold out of the stick so call around and get a head start before everybody else figures out they're currently available.

hey CAGS,

im trying to look for a house/warehouse/office to rent to throw a party that will accomodate from 200-300 people,

i looked on craigslist and google, but maybe u guys know some resources ive never heard of, because i have never rented out anything before.. hahaha.

looking to rent a place for just one night, but a monthly lease of one month is fine
looking to spend $300-500 TOTAL, does anyone have any ideas?

i have a few options already, but most vaca rentals are 3 night mins @ $300-500 a night, which is way over my budget.

thanks, im trying to get a place settled and rented out by this saturday.

What's up SD CAG's? I just bought a bigger TV online, so I'm selling my older 32 inch HDTV to make room for it. Anyone interested? I'm going to list it on Craigslist for 325, but if anyone on here wants it, I'd ask 300.

It's this model
http://www.amazon.com/Hisense-TL3220-widescreen-720p-Ready/dp/B0009Y6E7K
I've had it for almost 2 years, and it's been awesome to me, I'll throw in the HDMI-DVI Cable that I got for it too. If you're interested or have any questions, hit me up!

-xmblondex

Best Buy Mira Mesa
Again, mostly rubbish. But they've knocked the 30% up to 50% on their clearance games of 360, PS3, PS2, Wii, DS and PC. I went last week and saw they had the CE 360 World at War for 30%. 50% was the hit for me, so I bought it.
Here's the kicker. It retails for $80, so I was expecting to pay $40. However, there was an additional 13.00 off for, what reason, I have no idea.

Code:
REG $79.99   13.00 CLEARANCE DISC
             33.50   50% DISC
ITEM TAX 2.93

Subtotal 33.49
                        Sales tax amount 2.93

TOTAL 36.42

Not bad. Also, they had King of Fighter XII for 360 for $30 (which is half of the marked $60).

anyone know a SD area person who I could pay to mod my PS3 TE fightstick to also work on the wii? i have looked around the shoryuken forums but not found much. thanks.

[quote name='ecmazza']anyone know a SD area person who I could pay to mod my PS3 TE fightstick to also work on the wii? i have looked around the shoryuken forums but not found much. thanks.[/QUOTE]

I would like to know this as well. Although I'm wondering if it'd be cheaper for me to just buy a new wii stick than to mod my current 360 madcatz one.

If anyone would know someone who could do something like that in San Diego, it would be MarkMan. I don't know how often he browses the forums at the moment, so it would probably be best to ask him in a PM.

[quote name='ecmazza']anyone know a SD area person who I could pay to mod my PS3 TE fightstick to also work on the wii? i have looked around the shoryuken forums but not found much. thanks.[/QUOTE]
I'm interested also. I was thinking about getting the Madcatz stick but would prefer the convenience of having ps3/wii compatibility in my SE. And I'd prefer an MC cthulu over a padhack but I'll take what I can get.

Not sure if I've seen it in this thread, but the Game Crazy on Aero is closing, and taking the Hollywood Video with it.

The Hollywood Video actually seems to have a better selection of used 360 games right now.

As it stands, the games are 20% off used. I didn't see any discount on new stuff. But the Game Crazy's damn well picked over. IDK how long it's been since they announced the closing.

Thanks, this is completely new information to me. Shame since I took advantage of quite a few deals there, and some of my favorite games in my collection were purchased from that store.

LOL, most of my used games (locally-purchased, in any case) came from there. I wouldn't have noticed except they had signs near Wal-mart.

Kinda sucks 'cause while I don't like the traffic in that location, the parking at the game stop next to it is hideous.

Same here. I still love my battered to death copy of Mega Man Legends 2 I got from there. I'm relieved that I was able to redeem a warranty on my broken PSP from that store a month ago. Good thing I didn't buy a new one.:cold:

I remember working there when it first open. My best score was getting the entire squaresoft and enix Snes line of games w/ the boxes and manuals and all I had to do was trade a copy of FFX-2. I'm going to miss that store.

I got Luigi's Mansion and GTA IV guide for about 11 bucks there yesterday. I wanted to get some PS3 games but I'll probably wait until it reaches 50% or so, but I'll keep checking back once a week, at least until I get paid again lol. If current trends keep going on, I'll have to keep tabs on the 2nd and Main at El Cajon too.

Went to the Hollywood Video / GameCrazy. GameCrazy's already closed off, but every game (new or used, accessories, and guides) is now 30% off original price.

There's one copy of the Phantom Hourglass collector's guide sealed left when I left, for $14.99 before discount, $10.xx after. They have a used copy of Summon Nights 2 @ $17.99 before discount as well. Waiting for a 50% off or more before I pick up a PSP battery charger, since it's marked at $34.99. Their blurays are 30% off new, and 2 for 25 for used, but I didn't see any with original cases, so I didn't bother. Most things are still too much though.

Oh, and a copy of previously viewed Eternal Sonata on PS3, no case/manual, for $24.99 before discount. So yea, you can use these as markers on whether to go or not.

When i got there on Friday i found the last copy of Mana Khemia 2 Deluxe, mint and sealed, it was marked $39.99 and it came out to $28 after discount, didn't even think twice about getting it.

Spotted Batman: AA for PC for $12.xx clearance rack at Target in Plaza Bonita Mall. Not sure who has a PC that can run it, but at $12.xx it is one helluva deal for that game.

Actually managed to find something I would buy in San Diego, wow! :ps3:Guitar Hero: Smash Hits for $9.98 =P Last copy on ps3, but 2-3 copies left on 360. About ~10 copies of :pc:Batman:AA for $7.xx all over though.

Oops, Point Loma had the Guitar Heroes (3x left for 360 at $9.98), copies of Batman: AA on PC at all three Targets I went to (Point Loma, Balboa, and Kearny Mesa). Don't think I checked the price for Batman: AA at Kearny Mesa, but it was either 7.xx or 12.xx (I think 7.xx).

It's probable that the Fry's in San Marcos is selling Lunar: Silver Star Harmony Limited Edition for $29.99+tax. MSRP is $39.99. Best Buy's computers shows them selling the LE for $29.99, but the actual item in stock is the regular version. I asked Fry's to price match Best Buy. Fry's clerk calls Best Buy and of course Best Buy clerk says, yeah, the LE is $29.99. Fry's clerk even asks to make sure it's the LE with the soundtrack CD and bromides, and Best Buy clerk says it is, because he's looking at what the computer says and not the actual item in the store. So Fry's clerk said he made a global change in the system, so that all the LEs would ring up at the register as $29.99, so he didn't have to write up a discount ticket.

BTW, the Fry's near Qualcomm is already sold out of the LE.

[quote name='Seburo']It's probable that the Fry's in San Marcos is selling Lunar: Silver Star Harmony Limited Edition for $29.99+tax. MSRP is $39.99. Best Buy's computers shows them selling the LE for $29.99, but the actual item in stock is the regular version. I asked Fry's to price match Best Buy. Fry's clerk calls Best Buy and of course Best Buy clerk says, yeah, the LE is $29.99. Fry's clerk even asks to make sure it's the LE with the soundtrack CD and bromides, and Best Buy clerk says it is, because he's looking at what the computer says and not the actual item in the store. So Fry's clerk said he made a global change in the system, so that all the LEs would ring up at the register as $29.99, so he didn't have to write up a discount ticket.

BTW, the Fry's near Qualcomm is already sold out of the LE.[/QUOTE]

i have two copies already. Thanks for the heads up though.

Kmart has some PS3 controllers and official PS headsets on sale. I went and everything was picked clean. Talked to the guy and he told me that someone bought all the headsets and controllers. Damn Hoarders

[quote name='sdclippers']Kmart has some PS3 controllers and official PS headsets on sale. I went and everything was picked clean. Talked to the guy and he told me that someone bought all the headsets and controllers. Damn Hoarders[/QUOTE]

You've to wake up very early if you want to catch the worm. On a side note, it wasn't me that picked up the headsets and controllers.

[quote name='option.iv']There are a bunch of hoarders in SD. That's why I really don't bother with any clearanced items and most B&M deals.[/QUOTE]

You can find clearance items in SD. You just have to get there quick.

bread's done
Back