Official San Francisco Bay Area CAG List

LeafPanda

CAGiversary!
Feedback
18 (100%)
Since the Southern CA Thread is up, I figured it might be a good idea to post a thread for the locals of the Bay Area. Maybe we can do some face-to-face trades, make posts of inventory in various local stores, post any local sales, etc.

Send me a PM and I will put your name on the list below (PM's are easier for me to keep track of everyone). I will send you a confirmation when I put your name on the list.:

Those that currently reside in the bay area
Xevious- Berkeley, CA
Freshwillis - Oakland, CA
trytej- Novato, CA
Murcielago77 - Novato, CA
62t - Hayward
dino3333- San Leandro
Oktoberfest- South San Jose
Over easy- Davis, CA
Kayday - Oakland
judyjudyjudy - San Jose
vietgurl- Berkeley
PaP3rKuT -Oakland
SOSTrooper - Berkeley
XCutioner93 - Daly City
vdawg5 -San Francisco (Frequents Berkeley)
simgizshad - San Jose
soulyogurt- San Rafael (Works in Vallejo)
humidore- San Mateo
Viperx116 - San Francisco
invinceable104 - San Francisco, CA
HERETOSTAY - Hayward
CouRageouS - Alameda
Orga- San Jose
kristianator- Santa Rosa
BrerDan - San Jose
rudeboie - San Jose
dieless - Castro Valley
woolsey11 - Santa Rosa
BaZoOKajOe - San Jose
ajaxmojo - Campbell (works in Sunnyvale)
dude2003 - Oakland
Andrigaar- San Francisco/Martinez
oxidative- Napa (works in Vallejo)
praystation - Daly City
whiteboy - San Bruno
Larson - San Jose
j-fever - Sunnyvale
Missingdata- San Francisco (goes to school in San Jose)
beguile - Davis (Visits San Francisco during the weekends)
Rusty Ghia - Pleasanton
magic toilet- Cupertino
asianxcore- Novato
Phoenix_Rogue - Union City
masterchief066 - Union City
weedofwisdom - Richmond (works in Berkeley)
KiySeph - San Jose (works in Santa Clara)
Mospeada_21 - San Jose/Santa Clara
CounterSeal - San Francisco
spider24 - Novato, CA
expane - Daly City, CA
stainremover - Berkeley/Cal
martin8me - South San Francisco
kiyoshi67 - Concord
chunga - El Cerrito
Sn0brawler - Pleasanton
toolverine - Fremont
rendil - Morgan Hill
tipp007 - Pacifica
jazzyjas7 - Mountain View (works in San Mateo)
GD-Man - San Jose (goes to school in UC Berkeley)
Mr. Bungo - Albany (Works in Berkeley)
Bootymastr (jasonthemc) - San Leandro
Nachdiddlyacho - Vallejo
wizard341 - Palo Alto
photopants - Oakland (Work in Walnut Creek
Collect Vintage Games)
Darkyoshi1-Milpitas
sinewav - San Jose
grimlock49 - San Jose
sr20det - San Francisco
T3kN- Santa Rosa
SCUD4LIFE- Daly City
Renzo_ - San Francisco
EastBayAnt - Alameda
eliter1 - Santa Cruz
Batmonkey -Morgan Hill
Scumchummery - Alameda (works in Downtown Oakland)
abcbadcat- San Jose
Pr0JectNymPh0! - Pittsburg
joserjerr - Cupertino
jello00 - San Francisco
sonicsam - Watsonville
Civickid96 - Sunnyvale/Tracy
Mr. Beef - Daly City
metaly - Portola Valley (works in Palo Alto)
jpc168 - San Leandro (school UC Berkeley)
imamanwithaplan - Albany
gotrice415510 - San Rafael
freakyzeeky - Oakland
filanime03 - Daly City
peteaboda1 - Mill Valley
Belgand - San Francisco
BlackBradPitt - San Francisco
mysticeden - Hayward
carbogo - Daly City
Kali Bear Man - San Francisco
Chocoburger - Albany
CarlosX360 - San Mateo, CA
polizia - Willits
chronodev - San Francisco
nem2k2 - San Jose, work in Cupertino
Dorgon - Oakland
dkl415- San Francisco (Richmond district)
Superchivo - San Bruno
SLACKBAKK - San Jose
Donholio - Boulder Creek in the Santa Cruz Mountains
Friscodude- Daly City
playing mantis - Rohnert Park, CA (next to Santa Rosa)
Nam - Sunnyvale (I go to school in merced but I go back a lot)
nakedninja - San Francisco (xbox 360: asenseofmadness)
Bomfy - Santa Cruz
lightzout - San Rafael
Xaliqen - Los Altos
DrunknIronRabit - Concord
Chinese_cuisine - San Leandro
HARDCOREJRM - Alameda
goengland - Santa Clara
Pained Auron - Concord
Zeeman - Berkeley (works in SF)
Zero_Kirby - San Jose
aleraiders - Pittsburg
Dakinggamer - Martinez
vanilleslegs - Vallejo, CA
King Pluto - SF (SOMA)
LeafPanda - SF
subtek- Oakland (works in SF)
krazyazn01 - San Jose
RawrrSlayer - Vallejo,CA
w00tJames - San Jose,CA
Mafoofoo - Sunnyvale/Cupertino Area
Spanky - Pinole

List of Folks who are from the Bay Area but they live somewhere else
ph33r m3
Redeema
Zoglog

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Xevious']I put you on the list under the section for people who used to live in the Bay Area.[/QUOTE]

Dude i'm still there. LoL. I go to Sf on the weekends sometimes and im in davis.

I currently reside in Pleasanton.

But I've lived in San Leandro, San Lorenzo, Hayward, Fremont, and Livermore. I've been all over the Bay Area.

And if you want to be really bad, it's "Hecka," not "Hella."

[quote name='beguile']Dude i'm still there. LoL. I go to Sf on the weekends sometimes and im in davis.[/QUOTE]

Sorry about that. I fixed the mistake.

I just accepted an internship with a company in the financial district. I'll be flying out on January 1st and spending 6 months somewhere close by... (if anyone knows of a place to look at housing in that area besides Craigslist, let me know!).

Peace,
Jeff

[quote name='jeffreyjrose']I just accepted an internship with a company in the financial district. I'll be flying out on January 1st and spending 6 months somewhere close by... (if anyone knows of a place to look at housing in that area besides Craigslist, let me know!).

Peace,
Jeff[/QUOTE]

good luck finding a decent place with a decent price. all the housing out here are overpriced

[quote name='dude2003']good luck finding a decent place with a decent price. all the housing out here are overpriced[/QUOTE]

I've noticed that!!! Best place I've found (that looks decent) is $750. That's more than double for what I'm paying now in an overpriced college town.

[quote name='weedofwisdom']Live: Richmond
Work: Berkeley

Good work setting up this thread, Xevious. God I hate the Hilltop CC.[/QUOTE]

No problem. I just wanted to remind everyone that if you want to get on the list, its better to PM me than to post on this thread. Its just easier for me to keep track of people that way.

The list should be up to date now.

did anyone hit up the marin city best buy at 360 launch? I was wondering if there were campers, and how many. Cus im thinking of camping for the 18th, but if nobody camped out for launch, i wont camp all night, but just like for a few hours

I live in San Jose and I work over in Santa Clara. I tend to frequently stop by the Sunnyvale Frys and I love the Bay Area.

[quote name='praystation']I tried one of those 10%off 29.9 at colma's bestbuy. (the one near colmas home depot)[/QUOTE]

I also used one of those at that location and they didn't give me any trouble.

So what are all of you guys doing for New Years? Is there any places I should check out? I dont feel like paying $$$ for some stupid techno club in the city.

[quote name='Phoenix_Rogue']Hey dont forget me in "The U.C."...you know, "The Une"....Union City (whatever, we know were cool!)[/QUOTE]

Union City is great, I lived there for a few years. I rarely go there now.

The Colma BB is getting smart with the $10 off $30 coupons. I tried to use one today with the PS2 2-pack memory cards. The girl talked to some guy, and they didn't take it. They realized that the coupons are from the booklet now. I've used the coupons couple times before though. Maybe I'll try again later with a different coupon. Just a heads up to all those going to Colma's BB.

[quote name='m0nkeybl1tz']Hey, anyone know how well Amoeba/Rasputin pays for used CDs? How does it compare to, say, wherehouse.com? How about DVDs? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

I sold a copy of AC/DC's Black in Black (old mastering) for $5 at Amoeba. I had another copy of it; Thats why I sold it.

Since its a popular record, I would think that $5 was on the high end of things.

Is it me or have anyone here noticed that crime seems to be going up in Oakland. I know a few friends who had their cars broken into recently. One of them had all 4 tires stolen in the middle of the night.

meh
oakland's the ghetto so it's expected. i had my turtle stolen yesterday. a pet turtle for crying out loud!!! i guess someone broke into the gardening room (which is where my turtle and fish are) and stole my turtle.

any CAGs in this thread interested in a meet for swaps or trades/sell or buy? if enough people are interested, we can set up a meet and unload games and guides we don't want or have extras of, for stuff we can use or want. how'bout it? please post, thanks!

[quote name='dude2003']meh
oakland's the ghetto so it's expected. i had my turtle stolen yesterday. a pet turtle for crying out loud!!! i guess someone broke into the gardening room (which is where my turtle and fish are) and stole my turtle.[/QUOTE]

sorry to hear that bro

few years back my apt in SF got broken into and they stole all my DVDs/games and consoles....

my buddy bought a loft in west oakland, BIG Time ghetto area, but his place is nice.

I think they hit a record high for murders in Oakland recently :(

[quote name='expane']sorry to hear that bro

few years back my apt in SF got broken into and they stole all my DVDs/games and consoles....

my buddy bought a loft in west oakland, BIG Time ghetto area, but his place is nice.

I think they hit a record high for murders in Oakland recently :([/QUOTE]

I know that Oakland is ghetto but how are the crime rates there compared to other places?

All I know is that when I worked at EB, I was held up a few times.

[quote name='vietgurl']I know that Oakland is ghetto but how are the crime rates there compared to other places?

All I know is that when I worked at EB, I was held up a few times.[/quote]

You got held up at the one next to Longs?

Btw, it's stupid to say "Oakland is ghetto". Parts of every city are "ghetto". There are plenty of nice areas in Oakland, and around Lake Merritt is really pretty.

I went into Blockbuster on Shattuck in Berkeley and I saw 2 new copies of Leisure Suit Larry for the Xbox there. I believe they were on the list on that Blockbuster/Gamerush thread. The price on the game said $30 but It could be the wrong price. I didnt really bother pricechecking the game because I was too busy.

If you guys are intersted in the game, then I say go for it.

I went to Target/El Cerrito today. I saw 2 copies of Brothers-in-Arms Road to Hill 30 for under $10. I also saw a copy of Tom Clancy Ghost 2 for $15.

I didnt pick them up but someone else might be interested. They are on the 2nd floor, back section where the automotive meets the computer accesories area.

[quote name='Xevious']I went to Target/El Cerrito today. I saw 2 copies of Brothers-in-Arms Road to Hill 30 for under $10. I also saw a copy of Tom Clancy Ghost 2 for $15.

I didnt pick them up but someone else might be interested. They are on the 2nd floor, back section where the automotive meets the computer accesories area.[/quote]

damn i want brothers in arms but too damn lazy to go all the way there. oh well i guess i'll just wait.

I was at Rasputins in Berkeley this afternoon. They have a whole new videogame section. Lots of used games and a few new ones. There are a few new $20 games priced at $18.99. Nothing noteworthy but its still worth looking into if you are in the area.

Oh and the Xbox 360 games are slightly discounted too.

Went to Target in Albany and saw:

Xbox Spiderman 2 $9.99
Xbox Area 51 $8
Wario Touched $15 (I almost snagged this one but I had too many things in my shopping cart)
Mechassault 1 & 2 - Forgot the price

So I poped over to the Virigin Megastore on Market during my lunchbreak today, and what do I see?

Three copies of Phoenix Wright! They're upstairs in the DS section, so snag one if you don't already have this amazing game. $29.99 and loads of fun.

Has anyone had any luck with the Colma SuperTargets for GOOD clearance games? I have not seen any there over the past month... Same with Circuit City, they have crappy stock there.

[quote name='jimbojonesjr']I'm orginally from Santa Cruz, but living in Daly City.[/QUOTE]
nice, another CAG in DC, not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing though, hehe

So far it hasnt been any good. I have not got ONE game since I moved to DC for SFSU. There's like one half the stores compared to where I used to live.

Hey all. I'm pretty new here...live in downtown Berkeley. Used to live in Oakland (Rockridge) until I moved in with my girlfriend in July. I'll be sure to keep folks updated on stuff around Berkeley. I scour Rasputin regularly and find plenty of nice deals there. If i pass on any of them, i'll let you guys know about them in case you want them.

bread's done
Back