Official San Francisco Bay Area CAG List

LeafPanda

CAGiversary!
Feedback
18 (100%)
Since the Southern CA Thread is up, I figured it might be a good idea to post a thread for the locals of the Bay Area. Maybe we can do some face-to-face trades, make posts of inventory in various local stores, post any local sales, etc.

Send me a PM and I will put your name on the list below (PM's are easier for me to keep track of everyone). I will send you a confirmation when I put your name on the list.:

Those that currently reside in the bay area
Xevious- Berkeley, CA
Freshwillis - Oakland, CA
trytej- Novato, CA
Murcielago77 - Novato, CA
62t - Hayward
dino3333- San Leandro
Oktoberfest- South San Jose
Over easy- Davis, CA
Kayday - Oakland
judyjudyjudy - San Jose
vietgurl- Berkeley
PaP3rKuT -Oakland
SOSTrooper - Berkeley
XCutioner93 - Daly City
vdawg5 -San Francisco (Frequents Berkeley)
simgizshad - San Jose
soulyogurt- San Rafael (Works in Vallejo)
humidore- San Mateo
Viperx116 - San Francisco
invinceable104 - San Francisco, CA
HERETOSTAY - Hayward
CouRageouS - Alameda
Orga- San Jose
kristianator- Santa Rosa
BrerDan - San Jose
rudeboie - San Jose
dieless - Castro Valley
woolsey11 - Santa Rosa
BaZoOKajOe - San Jose
ajaxmojo - Campbell (works in Sunnyvale)
dude2003 - Oakland
Andrigaar- San Francisco/Martinez
oxidative- Napa (works in Vallejo)
praystation - Daly City
whiteboy - San Bruno
Larson - San Jose
j-fever - Sunnyvale
Missingdata- San Francisco (goes to school in San Jose)
beguile - Davis (Visits San Francisco during the weekends)
Rusty Ghia - Pleasanton
magic toilet- Cupertino
asianxcore- Novato
Phoenix_Rogue - Union City
masterchief066 - Union City
weedofwisdom - Richmond (works in Berkeley)
KiySeph - San Jose (works in Santa Clara)
Mospeada_21 - San Jose/Santa Clara
CounterSeal - San Francisco
spider24 - Novato, CA
expane - Daly City, CA
stainremover - Berkeley/Cal
martin8me - South San Francisco
kiyoshi67 - Concord
chunga - El Cerrito
Sn0brawler - Pleasanton
toolverine - Fremont
rendil - Morgan Hill
tipp007 - Pacifica
jazzyjas7 - Mountain View (works in San Mateo)
GD-Man - San Jose (goes to school in UC Berkeley)
Mr. Bungo - Albany (Works in Berkeley)
Bootymastr (jasonthemc) - San Leandro
Nachdiddlyacho - Vallejo
wizard341 - Palo Alto
photopants - Oakland (Work in Walnut Creek
Collect Vintage Games)
Darkyoshi1-Milpitas
sinewav - San Jose
grimlock49 - San Jose
sr20det - San Francisco
T3kN- Santa Rosa
SCUD4LIFE- Daly City
Renzo_ - San Francisco
EastBayAnt - Alameda
eliter1 - Santa Cruz
Batmonkey -Morgan Hill
Scumchummery - Alameda (works in Downtown Oakland)
abcbadcat- San Jose
Pr0JectNymPh0! - Pittsburg
joserjerr - Cupertino
jello00 - San Francisco
sonicsam - Watsonville
Civickid96 - Sunnyvale/Tracy
Mr. Beef - Daly City
metaly - Portola Valley (works in Palo Alto)
jpc168 - San Leandro (school UC Berkeley)
imamanwithaplan - Albany
gotrice415510 - San Rafael
freakyzeeky - Oakland
filanime03 - Daly City
peteaboda1 - Mill Valley
Belgand - San Francisco
BlackBradPitt - San Francisco
mysticeden - Hayward
carbogo - Daly City
Kali Bear Man - San Francisco
Chocoburger - Albany
CarlosX360 - San Mateo, CA
polizia - Willits
chronodev - San Francisco
nem2k2 - San Jose, work in Cupertino
Dorgon - Oakland
dkl415- San Francisco (Richmond district)
Superchivo - San Bruno
SLACKBAKK - San Jose
Donholio - Boulder Creek in the Santa Cruz Mountains
Friscodude- Daly City
playing mantis - Rohnert Park, CA (next to Santa Rosa)
Nam - Sunnyvale (I go to school in merced but I go back a lot)
nakedninja - San Francisco (xbox 360: asenseofmadness)
Bomfy - Santa Cruz
lightzout - San Rafael
Xaliqen - Los Altos
DrunknIronRabit - Concord
Chinese_cuisine - San Leandro
HARDCOREJRM - Alameda
goengland - Santa Clara
Pained Auron - Concord
Zeeman - Berkeley (works in SF)
Zero_Kirby - San Jose
aleraiders - Pittsburg
Dakinggamer - Martinez
vanilleslegs - Vallejo, CA
King Pluto - SF (SOMA)
LeafPanda - SF
subtek- Oakland (works in SF)
krazyazn01 - San Jose
RawrrSlayer - Vallejo,CA
w00tJames - San Jose,CA
Mafoofoo - Sunnyvale/Cupertino Area
Spanky - Pinole

List of Folks who are from the Bay Area but they live somewhere else
ph33r m3
Redeema
Zoglog

Last edited by a moderator:
BUMP. I added quite of few names to the list (see 1st post) and I want to welcome them all to the CAG Bay Area Chapter

[quote name='mrblinG22']no1 living in fremont?!!?! theres got to be some fremont cags[/quote]

I'm a Fremont CAG, how's it going?

I've got a GC, DS LIte, and a PC gaming rig. I like RPGs and shooters, but I do have an affinity for many other types of games.

So... I just moved here (working in south of market, near the Sega building) and I need to figure out where I want to live. What areas of town are fun? What should I avoid? etc etc.

[quote name='mrblinG22']no1 living in fremont?!!?! theres got to be some fremont cags[/quote]

Union City here. That's close enough. I live in SF monday-friday.

:) Norcal! Antioch on the weekends, San Jose on the weekdays. Hehe, so I definitely catch all the deals along the 680.

[quote name='REDBLIND']Union City here. That's close enough. I live in SF monday-friday.[/quote]

Yeah, I guess 5 minutes awa is close enough.:)

hey all. i'm moving from Chicago to South San Francisco in a couple weeks. just wanted to say hello, and see if anyone had anything ridiculously awesome to recommend in the city (stores, favorite restaurants, etc.). I'm also looking for a decent-paying part-time job anywhere that side of the bay - any ideas?

[quote name='orphicviper']South San Francisco[/quote]

Woah sh*t im from South City too! What school do you go to?(assuming you still go to school)

[quote name='rocksolidaudio']hey all. i'm moving from Chicago to South San Francisco in a couple weeks. just wanted to say hello, and see if anyone had anything ridiculously awesome to recommend in the city (stores, favorite restaurants, etc.). I'm also looking for a decent-paying part-time job anywhere that side of the bay - any ideas?[/QUOTE]
Yo-ho, welcome! Hope you're bringing your wallet!!
:cool:

[quote name='rocksolidaudio']hey all. i'm moving from Chicago to South San Francisco in a couple weeks. just wanted to say hello, and see if anyone had anything ridiculously awesome to recommend in the city (stores, favorite restaurants, etc.). I'm also looking for a decent-paying part-time job anywhere that side of the bay - any ideas?[/QUOTE]
Oh snap! When are you gonna get here?!?!

[quote name='rocksolidaudio']hey all. i'm moving from Chicago to South San Francisco in a couple weeks. just wanted to say hello, and see if anyone had anything ridiculously awesome to recommend in the city (stores, favorite restaurants, etc.). I'm also looking for a decent-paying part-time job anywhere that side of the bay - any ideas?[/quote]

If you like sushi and stuff go try out Kitaro it's delicious at a very good price.

[quote name='martin8me']Oh snap! When are you gonna get here?!?![/QUOTE]

i'll be there february 1st.

and thanks for the sushi recommend, i will DEFINITELY check it out.

[quote name='rocksolidaudio']hey all. i'm moving from Chicago to South San Francisco in a couple weeks. just wanted to say hello, and see if anyone had anything ridiculously awesome to recommend in the city (stores, favorite restaurants, etc.). I'm also looking for a decent-paying part-time job anywhere that side of the bay - any ideas?[/quote]

As for shops there is the "Shops at Tanforan" and Serramonte, Chinatown is pretty nice for imports. but other than that there isnt anything sles to do in SSF.

[quote name='martin8me']As for shops there is the "Shops at Tanforan" and Serramonte, Chinatown is pretty nice for imports. but other than that there isnt anything sles to do in SSF.[/QUOTE]

yeah, i plan on driving up to san francisco proper when i want to do stuff. or is that a ridiculous thing to plan on? i'm going to be working a lot in SSF (or so i hope).

[quote name='rocksolidaudio']yeah, i plan on driving up to san francisco proper when i want to do stuff. or is that a ridiculous thing to plan on? i'm going to be working a lot in SSF (or so i hope).[/quote]

SSF isn't too far from SF. It isn't that bad of a drive as long as you aren't going there during rush hour.

Also... Kitaro is in the city. It's up in the richmond district, which is next to Golden Gate Park. Good luck.

[quote name='martin8me']The Metreon is pretty cool, but thats in SF.[/QUOTE]

i went there a few weeks back when i was visiting the area. it actually seemed pretty lame to me, though to be fair i didn't see a movie - did i miss something?

[quote name='rocksolidaudio']i went there a few weeks back when i was visiting the area. it actually seemed pretty lame to me, though to be fair i didn't see a movie - did i miss something?[/quote]

Well.... it was fun when i was a little kid:D

now its like a sugar-coated movie theater......

Are PS3s sitting on shelves in the Bay Area? Because all I've been hearing are PS3s sitting on shelves in other (more rural) parts of the country.

i've seen some ps3's at a couple targets and a circuit city once

i haven't been to other stores so i dunno about ebgames/gamestop and bb and others

This is the first time I've seen PS3s in the wild in SF city proper. I spied a single 20GB model at the Colma Target (Junipero Sierra) last week, but as far as i know PS3s are still a rarity in most of the Bay Area. I was suprised to see so many of them at that BB - it is pretty new and right on the main drag of the residential side of town.

I saw PS3s for sale at Best Buy a few weeks ago, they were all located at the customer service area. I have yet to see them stocked at the video game section of any store.

i know i mentioned it before in passing, but i'm now looking for a part-time job within a half-hour drive (or longer BART ride) of SSF. if anyone knows anything or works somewhere that would consider me, i'd love a little help since i'm new to the area. retail, office work, writing, whatever; i can send along my resume, i have experience with all of those things. i just need to work 20-30 hours a week and make at least $12 an hour to start. thanks guys.

[quote name='rocksolidaudio']i know i mentioned it before in passing, but i'm now looking for a part-time job within a half-hour drive (or longer BART ride) of SSF. if anyone knows anything or works somewhere that would consider me, i'd love a little help since i'm new to the area. retail, office work, writing, whatever; i can send along my resume, i have experience with all of those things. i just need to work 20-30 hours a week and make at least $12 an hour to start. thanks guys.[/quote]

There was a help wanted sign at GS in tanforan, i think, if thats what your looking for ........

[quote name='martin8me']There was a help wanted sign at GS in tanforan, i think, if thats what your looking for ........[/QUOTE]

yeah, i noticed the one in colma too needs a manager and ASM according to the website. it's just kind of my last resort, since i already spent two years as an ASM at EB. thanks though, it might be what i wind up with anyhow (and then i can hook you up hehe)...

[quote name='rocksolidaudio']yeah, i noticed the one in colma too needs a manager and ASM according to the website. it's just kind of my last resort, since i already spent two years as an ASM at EB. thanks though, it might be what i wind up with anyhow (and then i can hook you up hehe)...[/quote]

Ahh thanx dude, you rock!

Well, I just got into the Bay Area for an extended stay... over in San Ramon for 6-9 months or so. What are some good places to shop for games around here??? I'm hoping there are some nice little stores that sell imports...?

*edit* Since I see someone mentioning jobs, I'm looking for one myself and I'm curious what sort of money places generally pay around here?? Just retail or such... Thanks :)

Ash

The one in pittsburg California had nothing, waste of time, there were a few others roaming around the VG section with nothing in their hands.

not game related but...

say does anybody know where to get funnel cakes around the fremont area? I used to go to Daly City with some friends now and then and would sometimes hang out at the Qcup there, and they had funnel cakes which were quite the yums. Unfortunately the local Qcup here (in the fremont hub) doesn't sell funnel cakes, and I wonder if people even frequent that location often, since I was there today and it was absolutely deserted (that whole area center alley area seems to be....might have been cuz it was a Tues night though lol). Been craving funnel cakes lately and tried to make some of my own recently, but I completely fail at anything dealing with the culinary arts, so I made something terrible and promptly threw it out lol. I caught wind of funnel cakes being sold at the farmer's market on Sunday mornings, but I was wondering if there was a place that sells them regularly?

On another note though, I finally found out where the Gamestop in that Fremont Hub area is... right next to the Hawaiian BBQ place I go to every now and then! Had no idea...

nope it's Ohana

though I think there's a L&L somewhere down Mowry westbound towards 880

I think all the hawaiian bbq places all serve the same stuff anyway though

[quote name='imascrub']nope it's Ohana

though I think there's a L&L somewhere down Mowry westbound towards 880

I think all the hawaiian bbq places all serve the same stuff anyway though[/quote]

I've been noticing these places recently, never been. Are they any good? Is it like teriyaki bbq or something?...not too into that

they have like a bunch of bbq'd beef/chicken, katsu chicken, grilled fish (mahi? i think), burgers with those various meats, some spam sushi (cooked spam on top of a bit of rice wrapped with seaweed), some noodles with those various meats, etc etc

Their meals come with a large portion of meat (and I mean laarge...~1lb or more of meat), two scoops of rice, and a scoop of macaroni.

I usually get the katsu chicken...i like the katsu sauce. They're pretty good but not really something you'd go eat everyday since I get sick from eating too much mac and meat lol

bread's done
Back