Official San Francisco Bay Area CAG List

LeafPanda

CAGiversary!
Feedback
18 (100%)
Since the Southern CA Thread is up, I figured it might be a good idea to post a thread for the locals of the Bay Area. Maybe we can do some face-to-face trades, make posts of inventory in various local stores, post any local sales, etc.

Send me a PM and I will put your name on the list below (PM's are easier for me to keep track of everyone). I will send you a confirmation when I put your name on the list.:

Those that currently reside in the bay area
Xevious- Berkeley, CA
Freshwillis - Oakland, CA
trytej- Novato, CA
Murcielago77 - Novato, CA
62t - Hayward
dino3333- San Leandro
Oktoberfest- South San Jose
Over easy- Davis, CA
Kayday - Oakland
judyjudyjudy - San Jose
vietgurl- Berkeley
PaP3rKuT -Oakland
SOSTrooper - Berkeley
XCutioner93 - Daly City
vdawg5 -San Francisco (Frequents Berkeley)
simgizshad - San Jose
soulyogurt- San Rafael (Works in Vallejo)
humidore- San Mateo
Viperx116 - San Francisco
invinceable104 - San Francisco, CA
HERETOSTAY - Hayward
CouRageouS - Alameda
Orga- San Jose
kristianator- Santa Rosa
BrerDan - San Jose
rudeboie - San Jose
dieless - Castro Valley
woolsey11 - Santa Rosa
BaZoOKajOe - San Jose
ajaxmojo - Campbell (works in Sunnyvale)
dude2003 - Oakland
Andrigaar- San Francisco/Martinez
oxidative- Napa (works in Vallejo)
praystation - Daly City
whiteboy - San Bruno
Larson - San Jose
j-fever - Sunnyvale
Missingdata- San Francisco (goes to school in San Jose)
beguile - Davis (Visits San Francisco during the weekends)
Rusty Ghia - Pleasanton
magic toilet- Cupertino
asianxcore- Novato
Phoenix_Rogue - Union City
masterchief066 - Union City
weedofwisdom - Richmond (works in Berkeley)
KiySeph - San Jose (works in Santa Clara)
Mospeada_21 - San Jose/Santa Clara
CounterSeal - San Francisco
spider24 - Novato, CA
expane - Daly City, CA
stainremover - Berkeley/Cal
martin8me - South San Francisco
kiyoshi67 - Concord
chunga - El Cerrito
Sn0brawler - Pleasanton
toolverine - Fremont
rendil - Morgan Hill
tipp007 - Pacifica
jazzyjas7 - Mountain View (works in San Mateo)
GD-Man - San Jose (goes to school in UC Berkeley)
Mr. Bungo - Albany (Works in Berkeley)
Bootymastr (jasonthemc) - San Leandro
Nachdiddlyacho - Vallejo
wizard341 - Palo Alto
photopants - Oakland (Work in Walnut Creek
Collect Vintage Games)
Darkyoshi1-Milpitas
sinewav - San Jose
grimlock49 - San Jose
sr20det - San Francisco
T3kN- Santa Rosa
SCUD4LIFE- Daly City
Renzo_ - San Francisco
EastBayAnt - Alameda
eliter1 - Santa Cruz
Batmonkey -Morgan Hill
Scumchummery - Alameda (works in Downtown Oakland)
abcbadcat- San Jose
Pr0JectNymPh0! - Pittsburg
joserjerr - Cupertino
jello00 - San Francisco
sonicsam - Watsonville
Civickid96 - Sunnyvale/Tracy
Mr. Beef - Daly City
metaly - Portola Valley (works in Palo Alto)
jpc168 - San Leandro (school UC Berkeley)
imamanwithaplan - Albany
gotrice415510 - San Rafael
freakyzeeky - Oakland
filanime03 - Daly City
peteaboda1 - Mill Valley
Belgand - San Francisco
BlackBradPitt - San Francisco
mysticeden - Hayward
carbogo - Daly City
Kali Bear Man - San Francisco
Chocoburger - Albany
CarlosX360 - San Mateo, CA
polizia - Willits
chronodev - San Francisco
nem2k2 - San Jose, work in Cupertino
Dorgon - Oakland
dkl415- San Francisco (Richmond district)
Superchivo - San Bruno
SLACKBAKK - San Jose
Donholio - Boulder Creek in the Santa Cruz Mountains
Friscodude- Daly City
playing mantis - Rohnert Park, CA (next to Santa Rosa)
Nam - Sunnyvale (I go to school in merced but I go back a lot)
nakedninja - San Francisco (xbox 360: asenseofmadness)
Bomfy - Santa Cruz
lightzout - San Rafael
Xaliqen - Los Altos
DrunknIronRabit - Concord
Chinese_cuisine - San Leandro
HARDCOREJRM - Alameda
goengland - Santa Clara
Pained Auron - Concord
Zeeman - Berkeley (works in SF)
Zero_Kirby - San Jose
aleraiders - Pittsburg
Dakinggamer - Martinez
vanilleslegs - Vallejo, CA
King Pluto - SF (SOMA)
LeafPanda - SF
subtek- Oakland (works in SF)
krazyazn01 - San Jose
RawrrSlayer - Vallejo,CA
w00tJames - San Jose,CA
Mafoofoo - Sunnyvale/Cupertino Area
Spanky - Pinole

List of Folks who are from the Bay Area but they live somewhere else
ph33r m3
Redeema
Zoglog

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Veronica Mars']Anyone seen any SC4 at any Target?[/QUOTE]

For PS3 or 360? I thought I saw some at Serramonte Target for the PS3 version, but that was last week.

[quote name='Veronica Mars']360[/QUOTE]

I was at Colma Target today and I didn't see any. However, I did see $70 Rock Band complete kit for PS3. Would definitely jump on it if I have a PS3.

Be Afraid, VERY afraid!
scared.gif

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-quake-swarm26-2009mar26,0,2661746.story

[quote name='Bavgate']Speaking of earthquakes... Anyone feel that one around 10:40ish?[/quote]
Yes! We actually all felt it here at SEGA:

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/eqcenter/recenteqsus/Quakes/nc40234037.php

Felt it here mid-peninsula... Or at least I did. Apparently everyone else just chalked it up to wobbly desks.

Just noticed we got the famous Sega rep from the Valkyria Chronicles thread to post! So when's the next exciting Sega event around here?

Last edited by a moderator:
From the time, it appears I was eating breakfast in the Sunset - didn't even see the water in my glass tremble. I turned on the radio in my car after and thought, "Earthquake? What are you people smoking?"

I suspect SEGA is on landfill. Good luck with that :)

Next time they need to coordinate GDC with the quake. Would add a nice punch to the keynote demos.

I felt it. The only reason I felt it is because I was sitting on a office chair, and the chair was spinning on its own. I thought someone/something was turning my chair while I was playing RE5.

O, and I live in San Francisco.

[quote name='Over easy']The only reason I felt it is because I was sitting on a office chair, and the chair was spinning on its own. I thought someone/something was turning my chair while I was playing RE5.[/quote]

Capcom and Herman Miller have been jointly developing this technology in secret for years, and the rollout has been silent until now. Look for the press release soon.

So...No one mentioned the new Sales tax increase. Its 9.75% in Alameda county. That certain impacts any deal that's at a B&M store.

[quote name='Xevious']So...No one mentioned the new Sales tax increase. Its 9.75% in Alameda county. That certain impacts any deal that's at a B&M store.[/quote]

I know, crazy ain't it? I bought Dead Space yesterday and noticed the sales tax was higher. :(

Yea my boss called me and the rest of our guys yesterday to make sure we was charging 9.75% on our invoices. I was just about to buy a new TV too, but I'll go with Amazon like I should have in the first place.

[quote name='freakyzeeky']Is it really just in Alameda County though? I thought it was a statewide tax, no?[/quote]

it is statewide, but it only increases whatever tax by 1%, so depending on your county and what they charge it goes up 1. for instance where I go to school. ucmerced, they charge 7.75%, so it'd be 8.75%

This really affects big ticket items especially...I was planing to get a $500 camera...the sales at Best Buy won't cut it when compared to Amazon.

[quote name='asianxcore']Our state continues to be a gigantic joke.[/quote]

I totally agree. I'm more scared about the deflation of the dollar because of how much money is being thrown out.

[quote name='Veronica Mars']I totally agree. I'm more scared about the deflation of the dollar because of how much money is being thrown out.[/QUOTE]
Inflation?

[quote name='rickonker']Inflation?[/quote]

My computer has Auto-Spell Check and ruins everything. I mean that the dollar will go down in value.

- Isn't Deflation the right word?

[quote name='Veronica Mars']My computer has Auto-Spell Check and ruins everything. I mean that the dollar will go down in value.

- Isn't Deflation the right word?[/quote]

Inflation = prices go up, meaning a dollar buys less - it's gone down in value.

Now can we get back to talking about game launch parties at the Metreon, instead of the economy? Oh wait, the PS store is closing.

Well, can we talk about burritos, at least?

[quote name='Veronica Mars']My computer has Auto-Spell Check and ruins everything. I mean that the dollar will go down in value.

- Isn't Deflation the right word?[/QUOTE]
What gantt said.

The PS store at the Metreon is closing?

I was there. Wonder if I might've seen you, metaly.

Anyway, we all got shirts from the VIP section and had them signed by Daigo and Justin Wong. Pretty awesome. Last night was just sooooo much hype. I lost my freaking voice. Haha.

Hehe did we talk about CvS2 in the Ono line? I didn't talk to many people there.

And wow, did you have to ninja rope into the VIP section? I want Daigo to sign my game.

I wasn't even standing in that line. I was thinking about bringing some stuff to get signed, but decided last minute not to. If I were to get anything signed, it probably wouldn't have been from Ono though since that line was huge. I probably would've just randomly went up to some of the pro players there (Gootecks, Ed Ma, etc.) and have them sign something of mines. We got there a little after the first four games were played, so I pretty much had no chance in that line anyway. I really wanted that SF fitted cap though... That cap was SOOOO sick. I'd drop some good money for all three colors.

One of my friends actually had access to the VIP section 'cause he had a badge or whatever, so that's how we got some shirts and had them signed. Not sure what I want to do with the shirt either. It's a medium, so I can't wear it. Guess I'll just hang it up on my wall or something.

Parking was a bitch @ Fort Mason though! What really set me off was some douchebag's Mustang took up TWO spots. He purposely parked in such a stupid angle that no one else could get into the adjacent spot. We ended up parking on a residential street about two-three blocks away. Wasn't that far, but still. Have some common courtesy (hope that wasn't your car, metaly).

It was lots of fun though. Definitely glad it was here in San Francisco!

A buddy of mine stole some shirts from Daigo, and even got Justin Wong and Daigo to sign them. Daigo didn't know his shirts were gone until it was too late.

[quote name='Bavgate']I really wanted that SF fitted cap though... That cap was SOOOO sick. I'd drop some good money for all three colors.[/quote]

I decided to skip that line since it looked like it was just some random dude drawing on blank hats with a Sharpie. Didn't notice they all had the buttons on them until later. :wall:

[quote name='Bavgate']
Parking was a bitch @ Fort Mason though! What really set me off was some douchebag's Mustang took up TWO spots. He purposely parked in such a stupid angle that no one else could get into the adjacent spot. We ended up parking on a residential street about two-three blocks away. Wasn't that far, but still. Have some common courtesy (hope that wasn't your car, metaly).[/quote]

My Mustang! :lol:

Actually I was lucky enough to get a spot in the harbor lot that said it was good till 10. I was pretty paranoid about getting a ticket (didn't!) but it would have been worth it to see that exhibition tournament. And man, I forgot how much I hate driving in SF.

[quote name='Mr. Beef']A buddy of mine stole some shirts from Daigo, and even got Justin Wong and Daigo to sign them. Daigo didn't know his shirts were gone until it was too late.[/quote]

Your friend better hope Daigo didn't see or he's gonna get EX shoryukened on the street some day!

Dude, I'm pretty sure that same friend that stole the shirts is the same person I'm talking about that got the shirts signed, LOL! Was it Solis? Hahaha.

[quote name='Mr. Beef']Yeah, it was Solis! How do you know him?

EDIT: He also wrote a blog about the event, which you can find here.[/quote]

I know him through Davi and Eddy. We used to go over to Solis' house to play Brawl too (well, they still do but I quit playing that game). Hell, I think I might know you in person too, haha. Were you there when we went to someone's apartment in Pacifica (next to Westlake) when we tried for like... 45 minutes to start up Brawl, back in early '08 (January or February, I think)? I was there that one night. I was the dude with the glasses with Eddy and Davi. :lol:

Lol at you guys. Don't anybody badmouth Kevin Bacon, I'm sure he's on here too.

I'm not into SF4 but kinda cool they held this at Fort Mason. Next year they need to move it to Alcatraz and I'm there!

So Mr. Beef, how's life post-Circuit City?

bread's done
Back