Official San Francisco Bay Area CAG List

LeafPanda

CAGiversary!
Feedback
18 (100%)
Since the Southern CA Thread is up, I figured it might be a good idea to post a thread for the locals of the Bay Area. Maybe we can do some face-to-face trades, make posts of inventory in various local stores, post any local sales, etc.

Send me a PM and I will put your name on the list below (PM's are easier for me to keep track of everyone). I will send you a confirmation when I put your name on the list.:

Those that currently reside in the bay area
Xevious- Berkeley, CA
Freshwillis - Oakland, CA
trytej- Novato, CA
Murcielago77 - Novato, CA
62t - Hayward
dino3333- San Leandro
Oktoberfest- South San Jose
Over easy- Davis, CA
Kayday - Oakland
judyjudyjudy - San Jose
vietgurl- Berkeley
PaP3rKuT -Oakland
SOSTrooper - Berkeley
XCutioner93 - Daly City
vdawg5 -San Francisco (Frequents Berkeley)
simgizshad - San Jose
soulyogurt- San Rafael (Works in Vallejo)
humidore- San Mateo
Viperx116 - San Francisco
invinceable104 - San Francisco, CA
HERETOSTAY - Hayward
CouRageouS - Alameda
Orga- San Jose
kristianator- Santa Rosa
BrerDan - San Jose
rudeboie - San Jose
dieless - Castro Valley
woolsey11 - Santa Rosa
BaZoOKajOe - San Jose
ajaxmojo - Campbell (works in Sunnyvale)
dude2003 - Oakland
Andrigaar- San Francisco/Martinez
oxidative- Napa (works in Vallejo)
praystation - Daly City
whiteboy - San Bruno
Larson - San Jose
j-fever - Sunnyvale
Missingdata- San Francisco (goes to school in San Jose)
beguile - Davis (Visits San Francisco during the weekends)
Rusty Ghia - Pleasanton
magic toilet- Cupertino
asianxcore- Novato
Phoenix_Rogue - Union City
masterchief066 - Union City
weedofwisdom - Richmond (works in Berkeley)
KiySeph - San Jose (works in Santa Clara)
Mospeada_21 - San Jose/Santa Clara
CounterSeal - San Francisco
spider24 - Novato, CA
expane - Daly City, CA
stainremover - Berkeley/Cal
martin8me - South San Francisco
kiyoshi67 - Concord
chunga - El Cerrito
Sn0brawler - Pleasanton
toolverine - Fremont
rendil - Morgan Hill
tipp007 - Pacifica
jazzyjas7 - Mountain View (works in San Mateo)
GD-Man - San Jose (goes to school in UC Berkeley)
Mr. Bungo - Albany (Works in Berkeley)
Bootymastr (jasonthemc) - San Leandro
Nachdiddlyacho - Vallejo
wizard341 - Palo Alto
photopants - Oakland (Work in Walnut Creek
Collect Vintage Games)
Darkyoshi1-Milpitas
sinewav - San Jose
grimlock49 - San Jose
sr20det - San Francisco
T3kN- Santa Rosa
SCUD4LIFE- Daly City
Renzo_ - San Francisco
EastBayAnt - Alameda
eliter1 - Santa Cruz
Batmonkey -Morgan Hill
Scumchummery - Alameda (works in Downtown Oakland)
abcbadcat- San Jose
Pr0JectNymPh0! - Pittsburg
joserjerr - Cupertino
jello00 - San Francisco
sonicsam - Watsonville
Civickid96 - Sunnyvale/Tracy
Mr. Beef - Daly City
metaly - Portola Valley (works in Palo Alto)
jpc168 - San Leandro (school UC Berkeley)
imamanwithaplan - Albany
gotrice415510 - San Rafael
freakyzeeky - Oakland
filanime03 - Daly City
peteaboda1 - Mill Valley
Belgand - San Francisco
BlackBradPitt - San Francisco
mysticeden - Hayward
carbogo - Daly City
Kali Bear Man - San Francisco
Chocoburger - Albany
CarlosX360 - San Mateo, CA
polizia - Willits
chronodev - San Francisco
nem2k2 - San Jose, work in Cupertino
Dorgon - Oakland
dkl415- San Francisco (Richmond district)
Superchivo - San Bruno
SLACKBAKK - San Jose
Donholio - Boulder Creek in the Santa Cruz Mountains
Friscodude- Daly City
playing mantis - Rohnert Park, CA (next to Santa Rosa)
Nam - Sunnyvale (I go to school in merced but I go back a lot)
nakedninja - San Francisco (xbox 360: asenseofmadness)
Bomfy - Santa Cruz
lightzout - San Rafael
Xaliqen - Los Altos
DrunknIronRabit - Concord
Chinese_cuisine - San Leandro
HARDCOREJRM - Alameda
goengland - Santa Clara
Pained Auron - Concord
Zeeman - Berkeley (works in SF)
Zero_Kirby - San Jose
aleraiders - Pittsburg
Dakinggamer - Martinez
vanilleslegs - Vallejo, CA
King Pluto - SF (SOMA)
LeafPanda - SF
subtek- Oakland (works in SF)
krazyazn01 - San Jose
RawrrSlayer - Vallejo,CA
w00tJames - San Jose,CA
Mafoofoo - Sunnyvale/Cupertino Area
Spanky - Pinole

List of Folks who are from the Bay Area but they live somewhere else
ph33r m3
Redeema
Zoglog

Last edited by a moderator:
For anyone looking for Bayonetta EARLY, I suggest going down to Oakridge Mall and checking out Sears. Found 2 copies of Bayonetta for both :ps3: and :360: but were full priced at $59.

Check it out if interested!

--Michael

Good to see you back on, Civickid.

I feel like I haven't posted in here in forever. Happy 2010, Bay Area!

Going to go pass out now I think.

[quote name='metaly']Good to see you back on, Civickid.

I feel like I haven't posted in here in forever. Happy 2010, Bay Area!

Going to go pass out now I think.[/QUOTE]

Hey Metaly, it's nice to be back, but I'm heading back to Georgia this upcoming Sunday. :cry:

Oh well, I can keep up with deals over there and usually report about them here. Nice to see the forum still up and about.

--Michael

[quote name='TheRock88']Anyone else feel the earthquake?[/QUOTE]

Yeah - thought it was me, or just the Muni train going by at first, but looks like it was indeed a small one.

Felt it a little at work (Livermore). didn't miss a beat though, just went along with the conference call -_- After Northridge and Istanbul, i guess i'm due for a big one...

^Those are good wishes.

Anyway, Just be glad you don't have your "storage" above you, I pray I'm never in the garage when shit starts shaking. I hope these houses are over engineered not under.

I was actually expecting another earthquake today. I didn't feel anything so I checked online and it shows that we had 3 within the past 5 hours.

2 hours ago 4.2 Offshore Northern California
3 hours ago 4.5 Offshore Northern California
5 hours ago 6.5 Offshore Northern California

FYI, as of this evening, the Eastridge mall Gamestop has 8 copies of the now-out-of-print Metroid Prime trilogy. The 15 closest GSs from Eastridge are either sold out or have that opened "new" display copy.

Hi all!

Found this thread while searching for hours trying to find some sort of gamer forum or community in SF. I moved here a year ago and still haven't met any real gamers. I miss having gamer friends, playing co-op, rock band, etc... gamers seem to have a negative stereotype here also.

If anyone knows of a local community, can introduce me to some ppl, or want to play online, etc... send me a pm!

[quote name='koji126']I didn't even know about it.[/QUOTE]

Ditto. Based on the use of acronyms in their forum (IOOP?) I guess you have to be a hardcore BioShocker; that ain't me. Still, would have been interesting to check out. 2K should work on their guerilla marketing. A giant inflated Big Daddy at 3rd and Market would have done the trick...

[quote name='seen']It's a fake Imax; checkout this link next-time your looking to see something in IMAX.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=e...5.069767,-80.823412&spn=0.056761,0.11158&z=14[/QUOTE]

Wow, I had no idea. I thought IMAX had strict standards. Went to the Metreon. It's funny because all the way in the back still seems too close to the screen, and a little low. However, once the movie started, and from behind those big ol' 3D glasses, the screen seemed much smaller.

Dunno about this 3D, either. It was noticeable at the beginning, but soon after I stopped perceiving any difference. I don't know if they punched up the effect early on, or if the eye just compensates with time.

It's ok... I'm not going to IMAX, at least in 3D ever again. If you want a "non-troll" reason... it's because I felt motion sick for the rest of the night after seeing it.

Also, after that experience the only good thing was the SOUND. You didn't hear the movie you FELT the movie.

[quote name='62t']Anyone went to Bioshock 2 launch party?

http://forums.2kgames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56482[/QUOTE]

My girlfriend and I made the drive up to SF on saturday for the IOOP event and after that we were invited to the launch party. Then on monday night we went to the Splicers Unite event. It was lots of fun, we didnt have the game preordered at the gamestop there. But we were fortunate and got the last copy of the CE that someone didn't want. 2k Marin was there signing autographs an we were the last ones to get the game signed.

I took a bunch of photo's but they are kind of mixed up between saturday and monday nights. Its pretty easy to tell whats what though.

Link to photo's: http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v252/bzchanboy/Bioshock%202%20Launch%20events/

Wall street journal was out on saturday night and did a small piece on the IOOP event.

Link: http://online.wsj.com/video/bioshock-2-hits-streets-of-san-francisco/1BEC31C1-A329-461C-9796-3108DE1A18F0.html

Oh and did I mention we got STUFF?!!!

From IOOP event
DSCN0773.jpg

From Splicers Unite event
DSCN0858.jpg

I really have to thank 2k Elizabeth and Promo_Mike's team for both IOOP and Splicers Unite. They really brought to life rapture in more ways than one.

Anybody go to the MW2 event last night?

I'm sure some enjoyed the DJ, but I was hoping for some tactical commentary on the matches.

[quote name='gantt']Anybody go to the MW2 event last night?

I'm sure some enjoyed the DJ, but I was hoping for some tactical commentary on the matches.[/QUOTE]

Where was this? Fort Mason again?

[quote name='VipFREAK']So we've had an 8.8 quake in Chile and a 7.0 quake in Japan. Nice knowing you all.[/QUOTE]

Because we're due for a quake here, or because we're going to be swamped by dueling tsunamis?

I think I'll put Johnny Cash's "Ring of Fire" on the stereo and party like it's 2012.

[quote name='VipFREAK']Both? I'm thinking of putting an anvil over my bed so that way when the quake hits I'm not around to deal with the stupid people.[/QUOTE]

An Acme anvil, right? (Is there any other kind?)

A guy I knew at school slept with a toolchest above his bed, which I figured would pretty much have the same effect. If I decide to join you, I'll probably use a stack of penny guides (I've got a few hardcovers).

And as long as you're in bed, if you need it, it's a good time to pull out that line about "the motion of the ocean"...

Hey guys, anyone know of a good place to go paintballing? My girl's bday is about a month away and thats what she wants to do for a group activity. After doing some research online a whole bunch of places closed so some personal recommendations would be great.

Yeah thanks, I should mention as of now I'm going between that spot and another called Paintball Jungle. Some personal experience / recommendations would be great, although I know something hard to ask for since half the places I've found through google have closed shop. Guess the economy hasn't been great on paintball :lol:

[quote name='CouRageouS']Yeah thanks, I should mention as of now I'm going between that spot and another called Paintball Jungle. Some personal experience / recommendations would be great, although I know something hard to ask for since half the places I've found through google have closed shop. Guess the economy hasn't been great on paintball :lol:[/QUOTE]

I've been to one waaaaay out by Vallejo (I live in San Mateo), it was pretty cool. Outdoor forrest, it was wet and a bit muddy, but was still fun. That was my 1st and so far only time paintballing.

bread's done
Back