Official San Francisco Bay Area CAG List

LeafPanda

CAGiversary!
Feedback
18 (100%)
Since the Southern CA Thread is up, I figured it might be a good idea to post a thread for the locals of the Bay Area. Maybe we can do some face-to-face trades, make posts of inventory in various local stores, post any local sales, etc.

Send me a PM and I will put your name on the list below (PM's are easier for me to keep track of everyone). I will send you a confirmation when I put your name on the list.:

Those that currently reside in the bay area
Xevious- Berkeley, CA
Freshwillis - Oakland, CA
trytej- Novato, CA
Murcielago77 - Novato, CA
62t - Hayward
dino3333- San Leandro
Oktoberfest- South San Jose
Over easy- Davis, CA
Kayday - Oakland
judyjudyjudy - San Jose
vietgurl- Berkeley
PaP3rKuT -Oakland
SOSTrooper - Berkeley
XCutioner93 - Daly City
vdawg5 -San Francisco (Frequents Berkeley)
simgizshad - San Jose
soulyogurt- San Rafael (Works in Vallejo)
humidore- San Mateo
Viperx116 - San Francisco
invinceable104 - San Francisco, CA
HERETOSTAY - Hayward
CouRageouS - Alameda
Orga- San Jose
kristianator- Santa Rosa
BrerDan - San Jose
rudeboie - San Jose
dieless - Castro Valley
woolsey11 - Santa Rosa
BaZoOKajOe - San Jose
ajaxmojo - Campbell (works in Sunnyvale)
dude2003 - Oakland
Andrigaar- San Francisco/Martinez
oxidative- Napa (works in Vallejo)
praystation - Daly City
whiteboy - San Bruno
Larson - San Jose
j-fever - Sunnyvale
Missingdata- San Francisco (goes to school in San Jose)
beguile - Davis (Visits San Francisco during the weekends)
Rusty Ghia - Pleasanton
magic toilet- Cupertino
asianxcore- Novato
Phoenix_Rogue - Union City
masterchief066 - Union City
weedofwisdom - Richmond (works in Berkeley)
KiySeph - San Jose (works in Santa Clara)
Mospeada_21 - San Jose/Santa Clara
CounterSeal - San Francisco
spider24 - Novato, CA
expane - Daly City, CA
stainremover - Berkeley/Cal
martin8me - South San Francisco
kiyoshi67 - Concord
chunga - El Cerrito
Sn0brawler - Pleasanton
toolverine - Fremont
rendil - Morgan Hill
tipp007 - Pacifica
jazzyjas7 - Mountain View (works in San Mateo)
GD-Man - San Jose (goes to school in UC Berkeley)
Mr. Bungo - Albany (Works in Berkeley)
Bootymastr (jasonthemc) - San Leandro
Nachdiddlyacho - Vallejo
wizard341 - Palo Alto
photopants - Oakland (Work in Walnut Creek
Collect Vintage Games)
Darkyoshi1-Milpitas
sinewav - San Jose
grimlock49 - San Jose
sr20det - San Francisco
T3kN- Santa Rosa
SCUD4LIFE- Daly City
Renzo_ - San Francisco
EastBayAnt - Alameda
eliter1 - Santa Cruz
Batmonkey -Morgan Hill
Scumchummery - Alameda (works in Downtown Oakland)
abcbadcat- San Jose
Pr0JectNymPh0! - Pittsburg
joserjerr - Cupertino
jello00 - San Francisco
sonicsam - Watsonville
Civickid96 - Sunnyvale/Tracy
Mr. Beef - Daly City
metaly - Portola Valley (works in Palo Alto)
jpc168 - San Leandro (school UC Berkeley)
imamanwithaplan - Albany
gotrice415510 - San Rafael
freakyzeeky - Oakland
filanime03 - Daly City
peteaboda1 - Mill Valley
Belgand - San Francisco
BlackBradPitt - San Francisco
mysticeden - Hayward
carbogo - Daly City
Kali Bear Man - San Francisco
Chocoburger - Albany
CarlosX360 - San Mateo, CA
polizia - Willits
chronodev - San Francisco
nem2k2 - San Jose, work in Cupertino
Dorgon - Oakland
dkl415- San Francisco (Richmond district)
Superchivo - San Bruno
SLACKBAKK - San Jose
Donholio - Boulder Creek in the Santa Cruz Mountains
Friscodude- Daly City
playing mantis - Rohnert Park, CA (next to Santa Rosa)
Nam - Sunnyvale (I go to school in merced but I go back a lot)
nakedninja - San Francisco (xbox 360: asenseofmadness)
Bomfy - Santa Cruz
lightzout - San Rafael
Xaliqen - Los Altos
DrunknIronRabit - Concord
Chinese_cuisine - San Leandro
HARDCOREJRM - Alameda
goengland - Santa Clara
Pained Auron - Concord
Zeeman - Berkeley (works in SF)
Zero_Kirby - San Jose
aleraiders - Pittsburg
Dakinggamer - Martinez
vanilleslegs - Vallejo, CA
King Pluto - SF (SOMA)
LeafPanda - SF
subtek- Oakland (works in SF)
krazyazn01 - San Jose
RawrrSlayer - Vallejo,CA
w00tJames - San Jose,CA
Mafoofoo - Sunnyvale/Cupertino Area
Spanky - Pinole

List of Folks who are from the Bay Area but they live somewhere else
ph33r m3
Redeema
Zoglog

Last edited by a moderator:
Any of you guys know if the Redwood City or San Mateo TRU's are willing to do the placeholder thing for the B2G1 sale?

I want to exchange two of the games for LBP and R2 in the next coming weeks.

[quote name='Bavgate']Any of you guys know if the Redwood City or San Mateo TRU's are willing to do the placeholder thing for the B2G1 sale?

I want to exchange two of the games for LBP and R2 in the next coming weeks.[/quote]

I'd like to know the same.
Maybe if we can keep a running list of bay area TRUs that are willing to do place holders, that'd be great. I'd prefer Redwood City or San Mateo, but I wouldn't mind driving further to other TRUs if they're willing to do placeholders.

[quote name='gantt']I'm assuming you meant a Special Edition of GTA4? 360 or PS3?

If so, I'm frequently there and haven't noticed any 360 SE's in a long time. (I don't look at PS3 stuff).

Unless they've been keeping them behind the counter or someplace other than the usual cabinets...[/quote]

They must have had them somewhere.
Both stores I went to, confirmed that 7 were showing up.
I doubt the system updates in the middle of the day, but IDK. They told me it updates every 24 hours.

Side-Note: I don't really like the people who work at the RW TRU. They'll sometimes hold games, but that's about it. I guess you'd have to befriend them so they can be nice.

Man. So I got home and there's this big box at the door with a Capcom envelope on it and the same address I recognized from the focus tests. I was like, HOLY fuck! Capcom sent me some crazy huge box for no reason! But it was just a thin envelope with my replacement Okami covers in it stuck to something I got off eBay last week. :<

Oh well.

I was at the Powell Station today, and I saw the new advertisements for Left 4 Dead. They took a giant poster of the cover and put it on the ground in front of the stairs. They also posted it on those pillars sticking out from the walls at the waiting area for the trains. It was pretty cool to see ads for it.

I don't think there are any more around Veronica. Other than that location I told you, I think they are completely sold out in the Bay. :cry:

Speaking of which, my Blockbuster account is ok but I'm trading at a couple of spots I feel really comfortable at the moment.

I can't wait for Rockband 2!

--Michael

I was going to rally some of you guys to go in on some Rock Band 2 bundles as part of the TRU B2G1 sale, but then I realized the sale ends a day too early. :[

It's almost as if they knew a wildly popular, $200 game was coming out!

[quote name='metaly']I was going to rally some of you guys to go in on some Rock Band 2 bundles as part of the TRU B2G1 sale, but then I realized the sale ends a day too early. :[

It's almost as if they knew a wildly popular, $200 game was coming out![/QUOTE]

It's always like that...they have it a week right before the really popular games come out. There was only one time where I got a new game during the B2G1 deals at TRU....Soul Calibur III. It had just come out that Tuesday (or Wednesday). We didn't have pre-orders or anything, just walked in and asked. They had 3 copies availabe for sale, the rest were for pre-orders...we bought all 3.

[quote name='metaly']I was going to rally some of you guys to go in on some Rock Band 2 bundles as part of the TRU B2G1 sale, but then I realized the sale ends a day too early. :[

It's almost as if they knew a wildly popular, $200 game was coming out![/QUOTE]

I could have helped with world tour it came in at the tru I go to. RB2 wont be in till monday from what I heard yesterday. Gonna make one last tru dash tommorrow for some a few more placeholders and/or ds games.

They don't rent the original Rock Band for PS3 in my area, I guess. I stopped at a couple Blockbusters so I could do the song import thing and nobody had it, so I ended up signing up for a free Gamefly account instead.

The Blockbuster in Menlo Park did have RB2 in for PS3, though. Worth checking out if you can't wait another day and don't plan on buying it.

If anyone one is interested I saw 2 Wii Fits left at the TRU in newark. Sadly they were all sold out of Dead Space and Socom, and the TRU in hayward are all sold out aswell :(

Anyone happen to see LBP's streetdate broken anywhere? I know it's happened at places across the country, but I don't really know of any mom and pop video game shops in the Bay.

What a day today.

I went to 4 different Gamestops and 3 different Blockbusters and did trading. I came out with a :360: Arcade system and an ample amount of credit to get the new releases in the next few weeks.

I have a question. The :360: Arcade pack without the Sega Superstars Tennis doesn't have HDMI right? I was wondering if I could trade in my system for one that has HDMI.

--Michael

Speaking of :360:... Anyone need a white 360 wireless controller? Comes with a battery pack and play & charge cable. $35 shipped, or $30 for pick up in downtown Palo Alto. PM me.

[quote name='Veronica Mars']Anyone know if Battle of The Bands has cheats?
I beat it in one day, and wish I could unlock more music, bands,levels or something.[/quote]

Check Gamefaqs.com Veronica and maybe they'll have something there for you.

I just picked up Bioshock and Midnight Club: Los Angeles for the :ps3: today. I can't wait for Guitar Hero and Fallout 3 soon.

Any of you Bay Area CAGers wanna join up and make a group on Rockband? Let me know. It would be interesting!

--Michael

Hey civickid, you have RB2 for PS3, right? I'd be up for a game sometime. I've only tried the online a little bit but it seems solid.

[quote name='metaly']Hey civickid, you have RB2 for PS3, right? I'd be up for a game sometime. I've only tried the online a little bit but it seems solid.[/quote]

Yeah, I got the PS3 version Metaly. Maybe we can do a guitar/bass thing. I don't mind doing vocals either. I would do drums but I don't have room in my house for them at the moment.

I got my Resistance 2 Beta code today! Did anyone else get one?

--Michael

I'm about to set up the drums so I could do that if we had another guitarist, but I suck. So anyone else want to play drums or sing? :)

Got a Resistance 2 code as well, which I don't remember signing up for. Not sure if I'll even download it or not.

Also I just want to say that I'm pretty dissatisfied with Gamefly's service so far. I signed up about a week ago to get Rock Band 1 and there's been no shipping notice even though it was listed as high availability. Meanwhile they sent me Force Unleashed, which I listed at #2. I want my Wave of Mutilation!

[quote name='Civickid96']I got my Resistance 2 Beta code today! Did anyone else get one?[/quote]

I've been on the Resistance 2 beta for about... a week now? Co-op is so addicting.

Haha, sorry about that:
Account Management(on the xmb above the PS Store)>Transaction Management>Redeem Playstation Network Card or Promotion Code>Enter Code>Download

[quote name='62t']funny thing is i rarely use my ps3 for anything.[/quote]

That's sad. I was PS2 only last gen but now I'm all 360 as I still can't justify a PS3.

[quote name='metaly']Speaking of :360:... Anyone need a white 360 wireless controller? Comes with a battery pack and play & charge cable. $35 shipped, or $30 for pick up in downtown Palo Alto. PM me.[/QUOTE]
Someone buy this! Its a good deal!

Anyone who checks Target clearance, please let me know if you see Scene It or any other decent 360 pick ups. Also keep an eye on 120 gb HDDs. The 120s dropped to $125, and I hope to snag one later on around $80-100.

Circuit City Daly City clearance has a bunch of PS2 and 360 games for $25 and less. A lot of stinkers (several Maddens clogging up the PS2 bin, for one), but there were some that are pretty nice (Naruto for 360 is a good deal for that price, IMO).

Plus, if you show up during the afternoon, you might see me at the front door. ;)

RIP Circuit City in EPA! Thanks for the GTA4 and uh, that's all I can remember. I never really understood how they stayed in business with the Best Buy right next door. I guess they didn't! :lol:

Now there aren't really any Circuit Cities near me, which is sort of annoying because I still have a $10 gift card from the aforementioned GTA... but wooo, no more driving into EPA after dark!

[quote name='metaly']RIP Circuit City in EPA! Thanks for the GTA4 and uh, that's all I can remember. I never really understood how they stayed in business with the Best Buy right next door. I guess they didn't! :lol:

Now there aren't really any Circuit Cities near me, which is sort of annoying because I still have a $10 gift card from the aforementioned GTA... but wooo, no more driving into EPA after dark![/quote]

Lol.
They had a sale on GTA?

No sale, just picked up the regular PS3 version at launch because of the gift card. You're still looking for the 360 limited edition?

[quote name='Mr. Beef']Circuit City Daly City clearance has a bunch of PS2 and 360 games for $25 and less. A lot of stinkers (several Maddens clogging up the PS2 bin, for one), but there were some that are pretty nice (Naruto for 360 is a good deal for that price, IMO).

Plus, if you show up during the afternoon, you might see me at the front door. ;)[/QUOTE]

Are you the guy who check receipts?

[quote name='Over easy']Are you the guy who check receipts?[/quote]
And the one who says "hello there" in a very unenthusiastic voice. I'm there Sundays through Thursdays.

I wanna quit. :(

Anyone here still play/used to play Magic: The Gathering? I would like to trade/pay a bit of cash for certain cards I'm looking for, esp. for the Weatherlight/Predator Crew (Legends, Gerrard/Volrath/Greven/Crovax, etc.)

It's back! There's a crazy-long, six-hour Capcom focus test next Friday to test a new game that "no human outside of the Capcom family has ever seen"! Also it sounds like there will be pizza.

I'm working on a fake ID and some Mission: Impossible-style masks this weekend.

[quote name='metaly']It's back! There's a crazy-long, six-hour Capcom focus test next Friday to test a new game that "no human outside of the Capcom family has ever seen"! Also it sounds like there will be pizza.

I'm working on a fake ID and some Mission: Impossible-style masks this weekend.[/quote]

Why can't they just put an e-mail.
I wonder if people actually try to go twice? I have no idea how they would know, unless they card people.

They never asked me for an ID when I went in Summer. We did sign NDAs but it was just so casual and one person didn't show up, I'm surprised they didn't make sure it was the correct people there. My head was shaved in Summer too so the dude will never recognize me. :lol:

I think they owe me for last time for the crappy XBLA game we played and the swag bag including a game I already had. I did get a Chun Li action figure that was marked 1 out of 2000. I should see if thats worth something.

So I went to update my Gamefly queue for the first time in weeks and I think what greeted me sums up my experience with them so far:
SiteDownMessage.gif

#-o

Which brings me to... Anyone want to lend me their Rock Band 1 for PS3?? I just want the disc for 24 hours so I can rip the tracks off it, you can hang onto your guitar and drumset. :D

[quote name='metaly']So I went to update my Gamefly queue for the first time in weeks and I think what greeted me sums up my experience with them so far:
SiteDownMessage.gif

#-o

Which brings me to... Anyone want to lend me their Rock Band 1 for PS3?? I just want the disc for 24 hours so I can rip the tracks off it, you can hang onto your guitar and drumset. :D[/QUOTE]

just "borrow" a copy from gamestop

I'm looking to unload a 360 GH:WT guitar bundle locally. I figured I'd ask here before trading it in. I used the guitar for a couple songs before deciding I didn't like it, works perfectly though. Anyone interested shoot me a PM. Only looking for $60 or so. Maybe a straight trade for Gears 2.

Also selling the wireless GH3 guitar. I prefer the RB controllers and really don't need 4 guitars :lol:

On another note has anyone seen/picked up a $90 120gb HDDs from Target clearance?

On a side note about the target 120gb 360 hdd's if you get one can I please borrow your HDD transfer cable? I really need to get my old 360 a coffin :(

bread's done
Back