Official Sears Clearance Thread II - post Sears finds/deals here

I went to Sears this afternoon, and I got Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 for $29.97. They had most of the recent drops plus I saw :ps3:Resident Evil 5 for $29.97.

I went for the Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 for $29.97 PS3 also good deal thanks!

So the motorstorm on this list is a good deal also i think, they had one of those fallout GOTY's also.

Baja something
Fallout 3 GOTY
Wet
Bakugan
Lego Rock Band
Motorstorm: Pacific Rift
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2
Brutal Legend

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Derrick1979']Yeah this would be a different one because im talking Wisconsin[/QUOTE]

ya bayshore (wisconsin) has been cleaned out for a long time now...... :(

im waiting for lair to drop lol....

My Sears is pretty easy to get the clearance stuff because A. No one shops there. and B. The employees didn't even know to check the prices on the things in there. No controllers/memory though :/

My local sears sucks - the clearance section is nothing but GH titles at the prices they are anywhere else (IE: Battlefield Bad Company was $20; GTAIV was $30). They did have a NGS2 in the case, but I didn't bother scanning it since I'm sure it'll drop elsewhere faster :p

[quote name='bruceg']Can you buy the games, find another store that has them on clearance, and return & rebuy there?[/QUOTE]

Probably not, I had an argument with 2 managers at 1 store around 2 years ago, I bought one game at a store, tried to get a price adjustment and was refused. I asked if I could return and rebuy they said no and I had to go back to the original store for them to honor the price. The problem was the original store was where the game was full price. I never raised my voice or anything but after 5 minutes of arguing, I gave up and decided it's not worth it to me to try again.

Xbox 360 DDR Universe 3 with pad bundle - $1.97 !

Strangely, this thing was just sitting right out in the open in a clearance bin with generic accessories and Miley Cyrus cellphone cases. It had no price tags on it, so I asked to price check it, figuring it would be $20 or $30, but, two bucks it is.

[quote name='erehwon']I wouldn't mind finding one of those memory cards. My 256 MB one is getting full from backing up my saves.

I'm just hoping the Star Ocean first departure game I've been watching has gone down. It's been stuck at $19.99 for a while now. I have no idea what Jeanne D'Arc is priced at. I haven't checked it at my Sears for a while.[/QUOTE]

I checked that game the other day at a scanner and I think it was at $10

Picked up Saint's Row 2 :360: for $14.97 at local Sears this weekend. Looks like they've actually started marking clearance games there too.

Able to grab 2 copies of Metroid Prime Trilogy for $29.97! I wanted to wait for them to drop more but afraid they would no longer be there!

I firstly want to thank the OP and all the people who contribute to this site and this thread. I have had some of my most amazing gaming finds from Sears. Today I bought:

Fallout 3 GOTY for PS3- $29.97(hoping this will drop a little further so but if not that's okay)
WWE Smackdown VS Raw 2009 for PS3- $4.97

Got the last copy of both. Scanned the following:

Prince of Persia(PS3)-Full price
512 MB 360 Memory Card- $16.97
Nascar 09 360- $4.97

Tried looking for Metroid Prime Trilogy and Castlevania OOE but no luck. Keep posting the great deals you guys find. Thanks again!!! :D

[quote name='paradise2894']I firstly want to thank the OP and all the people who contribute to this site and this thread. I have had some of my most amazing gaming finds from Sears. Today I bought:

Fallout 3 GOTY for PS3- $29.97(hoping this will drop a little further so but if not that's okay)
WWE Smackdown VS Raw 2009 for PS3- $4.97

Got the last copy of both. Scanned the following:

Prince of Persia(PS3)-Full price
512 MB 360 Memory Card- $16.97
Nascar 09 360- $4.97

Tried looking for Metroid Prime Trilogy and Castlevania OOE but no luck. Keep posting the great deals you guys find. Thanks again!!! :D[/QUOTE]

WWE Smackdown 09 is $5 now? Damn. I'd buy another copy(gave my first one to my one buddies' niece who is heavy into wrestling) just to mess around in for that price.

I may end up buying FO3 GOTY before it disappears, since I wanna see how good/bad it looks on my HD monitor I'm playing my PS3 on now.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']WWE Smackdown 09 is $5 now? Damn. I'd buy another copy(gave my first one to my one buddies' niece who is heavy into wrestling) just to mess around in for that price.

I may end up buying FO3 GOTY before it disappears, since I wanna see how good/bad it looks on my HD monitor I'm playing my PS3 on now.[/QUOTE]

Fallout looks great even tho it was released fall of 08. Not the best looking game on the PS3 (Uncharted 2 is) but it's the gameplay and story that is so good.

May have just been my copy (maybe not), but Fallout GOTY crashed and froze and sputtered like a mother the whole time I played thru it. Didn't happen once when I had the non-GOTY version....just a heads up.

[quote name='jupiterjones']May have just been my copy (maybe not), but Fallout GOTY crashed and froze and sputtered like a mother the whole time I played thru it. Didn't happen once when I had the non-GOTY version....just a heads up.[/QUOTE]

There are a TON of bugs in the PS3 version :( such a shame, I love fallout but refuse to get the GOTY edition unless its patched.

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']There are a TON of bugs in the PS3 version :( such a shame, I love fallout but refuse to get the GOTY edition unless its patched.[/QUOTE]

That's odd. I 100% platinumed the GotY edition and I only experienced occasional freezes. Just make sure to save a lot!

Will the psp 2000 bundles with Daxter game or whatever (silver psp) ever go on clearance? Or have they already? One store has one left, but it's still $199.

I got in mid michigan last metriod 29.97 , scanned silent hill home 360 19.99, Oblivion goty 29.99 wanted to do more but this chick was a b!@&% So i said hmm lets see how much this mpt is. She goes its 49.99 but i guess ill scan it to. 29.97 i gave her the money and left the other two games on the counter.

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']There are a TON of bugs in the PS3 version :( such a shame, I love fallout but refuse to get the GOTY edition unless its patched.[/QUOTE]

20 hours so far and it has only froze once on me. I was worried when I heard some people say how bad it was, but it's been running almost perfect for me.

[quote name='Josef']Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia scanned for $29.99 for me :cry:
[/QUOTE]

I went to another Sears and found this as well. They actually had a bunch of games posted here at full price... Prolly y the stock isn't moving.

[quote name='erehwon']I checked both of those and they were still both $30. Star Ocean was still $20. I find this YMMV of the pricing at sears to be annoying. I might just have to bite on Star Ocean.[/QUOTE]

I don't know if it helps, but I got SO1 PSP for $16.50 on Amazon a few days ago.

I'll check my Sears next month when the prices drop again. Most of the $30 games are good prices, but I'd bet they are that price MSRP in a few weeks.

[quote name='dinovelvet']Xbox 360 DDR Universe 3 with pad bundle - $1.97 ![/QUOTE]
Holy crap. I just picked up the DDRX PS2 bundle for $5, but I would bite on that if I could find it, too. Thanks for the heads-up. :D

Picked up Fall Out 3: GOTY Edition PS3 for 29.99 @ my local Sears! Yay! Thankz guys for posting in this thread. Didn't even check for Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 because It'll go down sometime.

Damn, someone must have been perusing this post. Went back to my sears and all the 4.97 games are all gone. I coulda sworn there were a stack of chicken shot for the ds there.

Stopped by my local Sears the other night and picked the last copies of Madworld and Metroid Prime Trilogy. I also grabbed Singstar V2 for PS3 for 29.97. Don't think I've seen that mentioned.

For any locals interested it was the Metcalf store in Overland Park KS, they still had 2 copies of Singstar along with some of the other mentioned games (Rock Revolution, Smackdown vs Raw 09, and a few others I don't remember offhand).

[quote name='The Tick']Stopped by my local Sears the other night and picked the last copies of Madworld and Metroid Prime Trilogy. I also grabbed Singstar V2 for PS3 for 29.97. Don't think I've seen that mentioned.

For any locals interested it was the Metcalf store in Overland Park KS, they still had 2 copies of Singstar along with some of the other mentioned games (Rock Revolution, Smackdown vs Raw 09, and a few others I don't remember offhand).[/QUOTE]

Crappy deal man, K-mart had these for $14.99(with a green sticker), Target had these on clearance too I think. I got mine for $9.98 at TRU when they had it but that was a long time ago.

I've seen the green stickered ones at K-mart recently, like within the past 3 days.

I was able to get DDR Ultramix 3 bundle (Xbox 360) for $1.97 and DDR X bundle (PS2) for $4.97 today. They must have took them out from the back, because I never saw them on the salesfloor at this store before.

I also signed up for the Sears rewards club thing? I've never heard of it before today, but it seems kind of similiar to Best Buy's Reward Zone.

[quote name='llcooljunr']Damn, someone must have been perusing this post. Went back to my sears and all the 4.97 games are all gone. I coulda sworn there were a stack of chicken shot for the ds there.[/QUOTE]

That's why I never post the location of deals I find, since you never know how many friggin' lurkers might just be scanning this thread looking for info for 'their stores' so they can go in and grab everything that's mentioned.:cry:

Of course, I have my own competition in my area and they know I hit the 2 of each store we have(TRU, Sears, Kmart, etc). They used to let me know when there was something decent, but we're not on speaking terms anymore.:roll:

Yea, the rewards is 1% back at Kmart & Sears. Not great, but 1% is better than 0.

Also just a heads up. Sears is offering $15 giftcards for applying for a Sears card, even if you arent approved. I have enough credit cards as it is, but $15 is $15...

[quote name='Bezerker']Yea, the rewards is 1% back at Kmart & Sears. Not great, but 1% is better than 0.

Also just a heads up. Sears is offering $15 giftcards for applying for a Sears card, even if you arent approved. I have enough credit cards as it is, but $15 is $15...[/QUOTE]

do you do this in store? if so where? whats the process like?

[quote name='Bezerker']Yea, the rewards is 1% back at Kmart & Sears. Not great, but 1% is better than 0.

Also just a heads up. Sears is offering $15 giftcards for applying for a Sears card, even if you arent approved. I have enough credit cards as it is, but $15 is $15...[/QUOTE]

A $15 gift card even if you're NOT approved for their credit card? Really? I know what I'm doing the next time I go into Sears then.:D Hello 50% off copy of Fallout 3 GOTY for PS3.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']A $15 gift card even if you're NOT approved for their credit card? Really? I know what I'm doing the next time I go into Sears then.:D Hello 50% off copy of Fallout 3 GOTY for PS3.[/QUOTE]

It can go on your credit report if you get denied, which may be a red flag at some point down the road.

[quote name='dinovelvet']It can go on your credit report if you get denied, which may be a red flag at some point down the road.[/QUOTE]

I buy with cash when I buy anything most times, so it's still no biggie to me.

[quote name='dinovelvet']It can go on your credit report if you get denied, which may be a red flag at some point down the road.[/QUOTE]

False info? Does it require an SSN?

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']That's why I never post the location of deals I find, since you never know how many friggin' lurkers might just be scanning this thread looking for info for 'their stores' so they can go in and grab everything that's mentioned.:cry:

Of course, I have my own competition in my area and they know I hit the 2 of each store we have(TRU, Sears, Kmart, etc). They used to let me know when there was something decent, but we're not on speaking terms anymore.:roll:[/QUOTE]

Yea, I don't really post my location. I used to have pretty good spots when I used to buy limited shoes. They're pretty much all blown up now. I have about 5 Sears in my area(1 Sears Essentials, 1 Sears Grand, and 3 mall Sears), but only one of them really had good stock until now.

It's good to see alot of CAGs getting theirs before their spots get blown.

[quote name='llcooljunr']Damn, someone must have been perusing this post. Went back to my sears and all the 4.97 games are all gone. I coulda sworn there were a stack of chicken shot for the ds there.[/QUOTE]

Chicken Shoot? It sounds like you should thank some hoarder for saving you $4.97 . . . :lol:

Managed to find a single copy of Metroid Prime Trilogy for $29.97 at the second Sears I tried this evening -- probably only there because it was still tagged $49.99 on the shelf. I'm honestly not even positive that I really need it in my collection, given that I'm not usually a big fan of first-person shooters, but with all of the positive reviews I couldn't pass it up. Wish I could have waited for another drop, but I'm sure it would have been gone.

A "TON"? Really? I've spent 60 hours on the original game (non-GOTY) and it worked fine all the way. May have frozen on me 3-4 times but for the amount of hours I put in, I would say that is nothing. I would guess with GOTY they would've fixed it more but I don't know, it was definitively more than playable in my opinion.

[quote name='josh62488']do you do this in store? if so where? whats the process like?[/QUOTE]

You do it at the register, basically they input all your info off of your drivers license, and then you input your social & yearly income range into the keypad (im guessing so the cashier cant see it) then it spits out some receipts and they give you the $15 gc. I'm sure I was approved as I have pretty good credit (always pay my bills completely when they come). While the inquiry make take a few points off, it never hurts to have another CC and a bit more liquidity.

bread's done
Back