Official Sears Clearance Thread II - post Sears finds/deals here

[quote name='Squarehard']Just got back from sears.

Jeanne D'Arc $7.97
Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia $3.97

Jeanne D'Arc price is meh, but Castlevania is a steal at that price.[/QUOTE]

WOW..I would LOVE to find those games at those prices.

Jeanne D'Arc is AMAZING imo. One of my favorite games in my PSP library. I would love to find a sealed copy for that price just for collecting.

[quote name='xDerekRx']I have one Sears that has sealed Joans but they are still 19.99[/QUOTE]
Haven't been to my local sears in maybe a month, last time I was there they had 2 copies marked for 29.99 each still which is ridiculous to me. Might just stop by within the next week to see if I cannot find myself a copy for a low price.

My local Sears had it for 15, but that's the lowest I've seen for it. Then again, my Sears barely even has a clearance section.

[quote name='shieryda']I'll go again tonight. I saw Silent Hill: Homecoming yesterday, but I forgot to scan it.[/QUOTE]
It was $14.9x at my Sears, picked up the last one.

[quote name='shiningslade']How the hell did Castlevania OOE get down to $3.97 before anyone noticed it was on clearance???[/QUOTE]

One person posted it was $10 last time round, but its a big YMMV.

Nothing much at the Cookeville, TN Sears. There were some $4.97 PSP games (NBA 09 and Rainbow Six Vegas come to mind) and a couple of Madworlds, but the rest of the items in the bin and sections rung up as $19.99. What I DID find was the DDR PS2 bundle for $5- I couldn't pass it up. :p The woman who helped me was really nice and helpful. She informed me of how the price drops work (which I had completely forgotten about) and helped me sift through the bin to show me which ones were the cheapest.

Also, I saw Lego Batman in a different section for $19.99, for whoever was asking.

[quote name='shiningslade']How the hell did Castlevania OOE get down to $3.97 before anyone noticed it was on clearance???[/QUOTE]

Its funny cause the tag on it said $9.97, and prior to that, I was literally checking for that to even go on clearance last year for a few months, but I gave up. So it was extremely lucky for me to have found it when I went in today. I think its the exact same copy from all those months ago too since they only had one left at that time. Swell :D

[quote name='Squarehard']Its funny cause the tag on it said $9.97, and prior to that, I was literally checking for that to even go on clearance last year for a few months, but I gave up. So it was extremely lucky for me to have found it when I went in today. I think its the exact same copy from all those months ago too since they only had one left at that time. Swell :D[/QUOTE]

Did u mean $4.97? I picked up OOE at that price a few days ago.

Picked up a couple games from my local Sears

:wii: Pikmin $4.97
:wii: Madworld 4.97
:ds: Clubhouse Games 12.97
:wii: Metroid Prime Trilogy 29.97
:ps3: Metal Gear Solid 4 12.97

Btw, anyone know the difference between a Sears Grand and a Sears Essentials?

[quote name='llcooljunr']Btw, anyone know the difference between a Sears Grand and a Sears Essentials?[/QUOTE]

I think it is a Sears with close to, but not quite the selection of products as a standard Sears. I think Essentials are all converted K-Mart stores.

^^If you like music games it is worth $0.97. I paid $4.98 for it at Target, and felt it was worth about that. The note layout didn't bother me since I am used to it from other Konami music games but I didn't like that almost all the songs were covers.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Even at $.97 Rock Revolution is overpriced.:lol:[/QUOTE]

I'd pick it up just for the case to use on other games that just have a generic HWV case. :)

So disappointed. Scanned both PoP and FO3 GotY and they rang up full price. NPC Pikmin was $4.97 as reported, though. And Silent Hill Homecoming was $14.97.

Guess I'll try the other location tomorrow.

[quote name='dinovelvet']One person posted it was $10 last time round, but its a big YMMV.[/QUOTE]A few people found it at 9.97. I remember seeing the tag at two stores around Atlanta and actually seeing the game at that price in Tennessee and North Carolina. I think it was just that most stores didn't hae any copies. Big starting clearance drop to go from 29.99 to 9.97.

[quote name='WeaponX2099']If you find them:

Rock Revolution PS3 0.97
Xbox 512 mb memory card 1.97[/QUOTE]
I wouldn't mind finding one of those memory cards. My 256 MB one is getting full from backing up my saves.

I'm just hoping the Star Ocean first departure game I've been watching has gone down. It's been stuck at $19.99 for a while now. I have no idea what Jeanne D'Arc is priced at. I haven't checked it at my Sears for a while.

[quote name='erehwon']I wouldn't mind finding one of those memory cards. My 256 MB one is getting full from backing up my saves.
[/QUOTE]
Good luck. Memory cards dropped last year.

Grabbed a copy of Fallout 3 GotY for my PS3 today. Blows my mind they'd be letting it go for cheap and sell the non-GotY version full price.

[quote name='JSpartan514']anyone seen any heavenly sword for ps3 on clearance?????[/QUOTE]

I haven't seen it in almost a year at any Sears

[quote name='Squarehard']Just got back from sears.

Jeanne D'Arc $7.97
Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia $3.97

Jeanne D'Arc price is meh, but Castlevania is a steal at that price.[/QUOTE]
I checked both of those and they were still both $30. Star Ocean was still $20. I find this YMMV of the pricing at sears to be annoying. I might just have to bite on Star Ocean.

What I saw today, all $29.97:

iconps3.gif
Baja something
iconps3.gif
Fallout 3 GOTY
iconps3.gif
Wet
iconps3.gif
Bakugan
iconps3.gif
Lego Rock Band
iconps3.gif
Motorstorm: Pacific Rift
iconps3.gif
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
iconps3.gif
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2
iconps3.gif
Brutal Legend

iconwii.gif
A Boy and his Blob
iconwii.gif
Guitar Hero: World Tour
iconwii.gif
Guitar Hero: Smash Hits
iconwii.gif
Dead Space Extraction
iconwii.gif
Wario Land Shake It
iconwii.gif
Muramasa: The Demon Blade

It seems like it gets more YMMV with each drop, I checked the following all reported to be on clearance:
NHL 09 PS3, $29.99
NHL 09 360, $29.99
Rock Revolution PS3, $14.99
Castlevania OOE, $29.99
Nascar 09 360, $29.99
Nascar 09 PS3, $29.99
Lego Batman PS3, $19.99
DDR Hottest Party 2, $49.99

[quote name='regis100']What I saw today, all $29.97:

iconps3.gif
Baja something
iconps3.gif
Fallout 3 GOTY
iconps3.gif
Wet
iconps3.gif
Bakugan
iconps3.gif
Lego Rock Band
iconps3.gif
Motorstorm: Pacific Rift
iconps3.gif
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
iconps3.gif
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2
iconps3.gif
Brutal Legend

iconwii.gif
A Boy and his Blob
iconwii.gif
Guitar Hero: World Tour
iconwii.gif
Guitar Hero: Smash Hits
iconwii.gif
Dead Space Extraction
iconwii.gif
Wario Land Shake It
iconwii.gif
Muramasa: The Demon Blade[/QUOTE]

They had all of these at my local sears in Grand Forks. Plus one lone Metroid Triliogy. Picked that up in a heart beat!

Am I pretty much screwed when the registrar rings up a game and there is no price? Last night I found a copy of civ revolution but it did not have a price. The registrar had to call for a price check and after 10 mins of waiting he told me it is 30 dollars. I also found ninja gaiden sigma 2 for 30 bucks which is alright considering its 60 dollars everywhere. I was close to buying ninja gaiden sigma 2 but with all the games coming out this and next month, I def need to save money. Would've bought it for 20 though.

I saw 2 copies of DIRT 2 and Fallout 3 GOTY for PS3 today at one of my local Sears. Unfortunately, they had placed those yellow clearance stickers with the price right on them on the case, so I suppose I can't wait for a couple more drops to pick up either.

[quote name='Ernie']Am I pretty much screwed when the registrar rings up a game and there is no price? Last night I found a copy of civ revolution but it did not have a price. The registrar had to call for a price check and after 10 mins of waiting he told me it is 30 dollars.[/QUOTE]

It depends on the cashier/manager you get. Most of the time they tell me they can't sell something out of the system. Once I told them a game was $4.97 which it was before going out of the system and they gave it to me for that price, another time I was buying other games that scanned for $4.97 so the cashier rung up 1 out of the system game I had for $4.97.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']It seems like it gets more YMMV with each drop, I checked the following all reported to be on clearance:
NHL 09 PS3, $29.99
NHL 09 360, $29.99
Rock Revolution PS3, $14.99
Castlevania OOE, $29.99
Nascar 09 360, $29.99
Nascar 09 PS3, $29.99
Lego Batman PS3, $19.99
DDR Hottest Party 2, $49.99[/QUOTE]

Can you buy the games, find another store that has them on clearance, and return & rebuy there?

[quote name='bruceg']Can you buy the games, find another store that has them on clearance, and return & rebuy there?[/QUOTE]

It depends on what the cashier wants to do.

[quote name='bruceg']Can you buy the games, find another store that has them on clearance, and return & rebuy there?[/QUOTE]

Yep, if they say they're not allowed to do it, tell them to pull up their official price guarantee policy. It says that only "apparel clearance" is not eligible.

The people at the store by me love it when I do the price guarantees cuz they know I will always go on the Sears Feedback and leave them positives. For every 5 positives they get (5 receipts basically) they get a $100 gc I believe.

Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia scanned for $29.99 for me :cry:

But I did get:

Spide-Man: Friend of Foe (Wii) - $4.97
Tiger Woods 09 All-Play (Wii) - $4.97
Spider-Man: Friend or Foe (PSP) - $4.97
Spider-Man: Web of Shadows (360) - $4.97

[quote name='Josef']Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia scanned for $29.99 for me :cry:

But I did get:

Spide-Man: Friend of Foe (Wii) - $4.97
Tiger Woods 09 All-Play (Wii) - $4.97
Spider-Man: Friend or Foe (PSP) - $4.97
Spider-Man: Web of Shadows (360) - $4.97[/QUOTE]

Somebody like Spider-man. As for me, my hunt for $5 :ps3: Prince of Persia continues. No luck so far. Nope. None at all.

*HINT fuckING HINT*

I actually got a clearance item at my local sears.....I think I need to play the lotto tonight. Grabbed:

Metroid Prime Trilogy $29.99
Madworld $4.97

There were 2-3 of each left at the Brandon, FL location.

[quote name='Derrick1979']So who cleans out the Bayshore Mall Sears? The only thing left there was a $29 Fallout 3:GOTY and $59 copies of Lair ;)[/QUOTE]

I was at a (presumably) different Bayshore Mall yesterday...nothing much for me to clean out.

Got Madworld and Pikmin $5 each. Passed on a ton of DS/PS2/Wii Spider-Mans and left an extra Pikmin behind.

Also found Battle Fantasia :360:, rang up OOS, wouldn't sell it to me. Boo.

[quote name='N3UROP0D']I was at a (presumably) different Bayshore Mall yesterday...nothing much for me to clean out.

Got Madworld and Pikmin $5 each. Passed on a ton of DS/PS2/Wii Spider-Mans and left an extra Pikmin behind.

Also found Battle Fantasia :360:, rang up OOS, wouldn't sell it to me. Boo.[/QUOTE]

Yeah this would be a different one because im talking Wisconsin

bread's done
Back