Official Sears Clearance Thread II - post Sears finds/deals here

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Interesting. We barely had any markdowns that could be considered worthwhile while SHC-Gamer was in charge of gaming for Kmart/Sears. Now that he's seemingly gone from the company we not only get markdowns but SIZABLE ones again.:applause: I'd say that's a win for us cheapasses who like our games 2-5 years old and cheap as hell.[/QUOTE]

Thank you clearance gods! lol SHC is gone!! I'll say it again...but ya, blessing in disguise for those who have patience and want cheap clearance games! btw, cant wait for the list ImperialPie, Thx!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ImperialPie']Alright guys. So there's going to be another huge markdown March 3. Games that got marked down last time are getting marked down 2 to 5 bucks. Some newer games are getting added to clearance. I'll post a list soon. Check back next week. I'll have it up before the 3rd possibly the 2nd of March.[/QUOTE]

I totally agree, Kmart stores near me are also back to not stickering markdowns in basically the whole store. Which makes for some good finds if you let things sit enough. Which means I might actually find some non-overpriced items to spend my SYW rewards points on.

Y'all are welcome! It will take me some time to get the list together. This time the list is much longer than last. It looks like most games are now on clearance with the exception of the newest games (since September or so). Just a guess though. I'll be working on making it when I have time. Lot's of school stuff I have to first take care of but I promise to have it done. It almost makes me think they are downsizing in games but they just started selling the Vita. We only got two games lol.

Oh I do remember the Kinect Bundle is going to be 99.97 (Kinect with one or two games depends if the store vendor put Child of Eden before November 2011). Our vendor had to ask me where all our bundles were at, and I tried my best to find them all but there was one missing so if it doesn't have it in there it's possible he or she couldn't find it. It won't matter though they are both 99.97. I believe the other game is Kinect Adventures. THIS IS NOT THE KINECT XBOX 360 BUNDLE!

[quote name='slowdive21']Is there a kmart clearance thread anymore? I know there has been little since SHC joined, but I can't find a thread.[/QUOTE]
No there isn't. I believe KayDigi made one but then it got locked or disappeared. Then SHC-Gamer was keeping a list in one of the first posts of the KmartGamer thread.

I've been to at least 3-4 Kmarts around my area lately checking for those $20-25 PS3 controller/game bundles that're on clearance there and I noticed a couple cheaper prices($9.99, $12.99) for some games. Only one I remember offhand is the Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection for PS3, which was marked down to $12.99.
[quote name='ImperialPie']Y'all are welcome! It will take me some time to get the list together. This time the list is much longer than last. It looks like most games are now on clearance with the exception of the newest games (since September or so). Just a guess though. I'll be working on making it when I have time. Lot's of school stuff I have to first take care of but I promise to have it done. It almost makes me think they are downsizing in games but they just started selling the Vita. We only got two games lol.

Oh I do remember the Kinect Bundle is going to be 99.97 (Kinect with one or two games depends if the store vendor put Child of Eden before November 2011). Our vendor had to ask me where all our bundles were at, and I tried my best to find them all but there was one missing so if it doesn't have it in there it's possible he or she couldn't find it. It won't matter though they are both 99.97. I believe the other game is Kinect Adventures. THIS IS NOT THE KINECT XBOX 360 BUNDLE![/QUOTE]
Any word on if the remaining PS2 consoles are going to clearance out? I ask because I know the silver PStwo slims in the regular colored(white/blue) boxes supposedly dropped to either $10 or $20 a while ago. My closest store has a handful of the black consoles in the silver boxes left and I figure those would be the next to go, since it seems everybody is eliminating the PS2's now.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']No there isn't. I believe KayDigi made one but then it got locked or disappeared. Then SHC-Gamer was keeping a list in one of the first posts of the KmartGamer thread.

I've been to at least 3-4 Kmarts around my area lately checking for those $20-25 PS3 controller/game bundles that're on clearance there and I noticed a couple cheaper prices($9.99, $12.99) for some games. Only one I remember offhand is the Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection for PS3, which was marked down to $12.99.

Any word on if the remaining PS2 consoles are going to clearance out? I ask because I know the silver PStwo slims in the regular colored(white/blue) boxes supposedly dropped to either $10 or $20 a while ago. My closest store has a handful of the black consoles in the silver boxes left and I figure those would be the next to go, since it seems everybody is eliminating the PS2's now.[/QUOTE]

Since we don't have anymore PS2 systems I won't know if it does or not. I can only go by PCNs at my store. If we don't have it I can't see the price change. However if you PM your store location I can take a look at what PCNs will happen there. The system is made to look at any store including Kmart I believe.

Is the Wii on clearance at Sears, or what? I thought that it was. There are 5 or 6 bundles at my store, but they aren't marked with sale/clearance tag.

Not that I need one, but I was just curious.

[quote name='shieryda']Is the Wii on clearance at Sears, or what? I thought that it was. There are 5 or 6 bundles at my store, but they aren't marked with sale/clearance tag.

Not that I need one, but I was just curious.[/QUOTE]

My understanding was that it was the launch wii packages. There probably aren't many of them left anywhere.

The Video game dept. at Kmart may not be as ripe for picking as it was in say.. 2007 however the toy dept. is once again ripe for picking. There are tons of unmarked cheap toys at my Kmart and its as messy as ever, and I love it! They also have a whole aisle dedicated to toy clearance, and that doesn't include the many unmarked scattered toys lying around.

The only real good deal I found in electronics was those big universal remotes for $2 each brand new.

I can also confirm that some of the stuff is very cheaply priced, some Kmarts even have a $5 for any toy on this rack section where the stuff actually rings up $5 per item. There are $10 items for 1.99 so this tells me Kmart is willing to mark down toys to 80% off if the circumstances are right. As for CAG type items you guys might be interested in the tron action figures, I don't know how much they are but there were tons left at the stores I visited.

[quote name='shieryda']Is the Wii on clearance at Sears, or what? I thought that it was. There are 5 or 6 bundles at my store, but they aren't marked with sale/clearance tag.

Not that I need one, but I was just curious.[/QUOTE]
Yeah. There were some older Wii systems on clearance just before Christmas that I was checking out at an out of town Sears. Most of them were at MSRP for the current Wii systems or just a bit lower when I checked them though, but if there have been drops happening since then they may have hit a decent price by now.

[quote name='Dead_Batteries']The Sears in El Monte CA was having a closing sale. I was able to nab a 320gb Uncharted Ps3 for $245 including tax.[/QUOTE]
The one on Peck road? Did you see any games? thanks!

[quote name='TooPoor']The one on Peck road? Did you see any games? thanks![/QUOTE]

Yeah, but they were just 20% off, which doesn't seem worth it. Most were just shovelware.

[quote name='Dead_Batteries']Yeah, but they were just 20% off, which doesn't seem worth it. Most were just shovelware.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the info, in that case won't waste the gas given the recent gas prices. According to my luck when I arrive the uncharted bundle would have already been gone.

[quote name='ImperialPie']Alright guys. So there's going to be another huge markdown March 3. Games that got marked down last time are getting marked down 2 to 5 bucks. Some newer games are getting added to clearance. I'll post a list soon. Check back next week. I'll have it up before the 3rd possibly the 2nd of March.[/QUOTE]

Ok - I got to ask!

Are you saying many of the games will be marked down $2-$5 OFF their current price?
or
Are you saying many of the games will be marked down to the price of $2-$5? :drool:

[quote name='jester55']Ok - I got to ask!

Are you saying many of the games will be marked down $2-$5 OFF their current price?
or
Are you saying many of the games will be marked down to the price of $2-$5? :drool:[/QUOTE]

The way it's worded $2-$5 OFF their current price is a safe bet along with that being in line with what Sears has done in the past. At least it's not a buck a month for most/all games like it was for awhile :(

[quote name='jester55']Ok - I got to ask!

or
Are you saying many of the games will be marked down to the price of $2-$5? :drool:[/QUOTE]

Whoops! I meant the current price. Sorry for the mix up.

[quote name='FOnewearl']The way it's worded $2-$5 OFF their current price is a safe bet along with that being in line with what Sears has done in the past. At least it's not a buck a month for most/all games like it was for awhile :([/QUOTE]
Exactly. By the time stuff like Bayonetta would've dropped to $5 it would've been 2015 since it seemed like some months some items weren't even getting drops.

Maybe now the clearance will go back to being nearly universal. That's what I loved about the Kmart/Sears clearance of 5-6 years ago. You could go into their stores from Paramus, NJ to Los Angeles, CA and everywhere in between and as long as they had accepted the price changes for that month you were golden.

Now if they just get back to NOT marking stuff when it drops we'll be set.;)

[quote name='FOnewearl']The way it's worded $2-$5 OFF their current price is a safe bet along with that being in line with what Sears has done in the past. At least it's not a buck a month for most/all games like it was for awhile :([/QUOTE]

Agreed! I was just hoping for more.... Lol

Hey Pie, do you know if the PSP/PSP Go travel cases are going to drop this weekend? My store currently has them @ $20 down from $25. I'm going on a business trip next week and want to take my Go but I need a case.

Thanks homie!

[quote name='newbslice']Did you ever get a list put together for the mark downs coming this week[/QUOTE]

It's possible there are drops, but usually not if the first Friday is the 1st or 2nd of the month. Wouldn't hold my breath, plus the previously posted list is a good starting point for everyone.

[quote name='gnatforeva']It's possible there are drops, but usually not if the first Friday is the 1st or 2nd of the month. Wouldn't hold my breath, plus the previously posted list is a good starting point for everyone.[/QUOTE]

That didn't answer his question. I'm waiting for the list too.

Tonight, my local store (Hamburg, NY) had almost every game in the gaming section marked with new March clearance stickers. The employee said he had didn't know why everything went on clearance today. It might be YMMV (especially since the prices didn't match some of the other stores in the area...example: Myst DS, which I picked up for $5 at another store a week ago, being marked around $15 with a March sticker here). But there you have it...

I picked up TV Superstars and Resistance 2 (both ps3) for $2.97 and $7.97, respectively, and other deals ranged from good (like a $7.97 copy of the original Guitar Hero Warriors of Rock pressing with the Soundgarden CD or $7.97 Band Hero for PS3...or $7.97 Ghostbusters for 360) to the inevitable games "clearanced" near/at/over current MSRP.

:lol: Whatever happened to the days of the thrill of the hunt being more exciting than waiting for some neatly drawn up list? You know how many times I've taken a stack of games I've seen mentioned in one of these clearance threads up to the register or the nearest scanner to get my own price checks done? A ton.

But then again, that's what ya get when you actually pay attention to threads on here and keep track of stuff that's mentioned.:booty:
[quote name='MR_E']Tonight, my local store (Hamburg, NY) had almost every game in the gaming section marked with new March clearance stickers. The employee said he had didn't know why everything went on clearance today. It might be YMMV (especially since the prices didn't match some of the other stores in the area...example: Myst DS, which I picked up for $5 at another store a week ago, being marked around $15 with a March sticker here). But there you have it...

I picked up TV Superstars and Resistance 2 (both ps3) for $2.97 and $7.97, respectively, and other deals ranged from good (like a $7.97 copy of the original Guitar Hero Warriors of Rock pressing with the Soundgarden CD or $7.97 Band Hero for PS3...or $7.97 Ghostbusters for 360) to the inevitable games "clearanced" near/at/over current MSRP.[/QUOTE]
Some stores use the pink 'clearance' stickers for putting prices on EVERY game in electronics as opposed to using the lil white stickers for non clearance titles. If it doesn't end in $.97 then ignore it since it's likely NOT on clearance.

One Sears near me does that, it's annoying because I saw the clearance bin full of games pink stickers only to see that 90%+ of them were regular price

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']
Some stores use the pink 'clearance' stickers for putting prices on EVERY game in electronics as opposed to using the lil white stickers for non clearance titles. If it doesn't end in $.97 then ignore it since it's likely NOT on clearance.[/QUOTE]

No, pretty sure they were all clearance ending in $.97 (and all the stickers said March on them). I just meant that some were marked down from an old MSRP or some were only marked down a few dollars. You know how that goes.

The whole gaming section seemed to be marked clearance aside from most accessories, consoles (although I did see several copies of the Hannah Montana PSP bundle...which I don't remember even seeing in the case before...marked to somewhere around $99.97), and maybe a very few scattered games without stickers.

I was suppose to work on the list tonight but some things came up. I'll start tomorrow and have it done probably Sunday or Monday. I have a huge exam on Monday so I'm kind of focusing on that right now. (immunology, bleh) :whistle2:|

I believe that these prices will go into effect on March 3rd or 4th even though it says effective date is March 3rd. Last time the effective date for the the list I posted didn't go into effect till the next day.

For Invicta, the PSP Go cases will be further marked down at least at my store. Hopefully at yours! I could check your store though. I would just need the location of the store in order to look up the PCNs for that store.

As far as the whole pink ticket discussion, most of the time your clearance is marked with a pink ticket. However, a lot of associates (including myself) mark regular prices with pink tickets only because it was in the PCN system. You will see this when the pink ticket has the "was" and "now" prices including the percentage off from the original price (non-clearance price) and the month for that price change. We scan the item and it will print out a ticket if there is a price change for that product. The price change maybe be a new reduced, non-clearance price or it may go to clearance.

Also, on unrelated note, once a game goes down to 29.99, the policy is to put it in the bargin bin or bargain rack. And yes, anything ending with .97 is clearance, .93 is closeout/991 mark down (manual closeout), and .88 for regular closeout (transmitted closeout). Just some additional information!

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']:lol: Whatever happened to the days of the thrill of the hunt being more exciting than waiting for some neatly drawn up list? You know how many times I've taken a stack of games I've seen mentioned in one of these clearance threads up to the register or the nearest scanner to get my own price checks done? A ton.

But then again, that's what ya get when you actually pay attention to threads on here and keep track of stuff that's mentioned.:booty:

Some stores use the pink 'clearance' stickers for putting prices on EVERY game in electronics as opposed to using the lil white stickers for non clearance titles. If it doesn't end in $.97 then ignore it since it's likely NOT on clearance.[/QUOTE]

The whole $4 a gallon for gas....

[quote name='MR_E']The whole gaming section seemed to be marked clearance aside from most accessories, consoles (although I did see several copies of the Hannah Montana PSP bundle...which I don't remember even seeing in the case before...marked to somewhere around $99.97), and maybe a very few scattered games without stickers.[/QUOTE]I am looking for these PSP bundles, around here, but having no luck at all. Trying to collect the different colors. I'd even buy the Hannah Montana pack for that price. :cry:

[quote name='newbslice']The whole $4 a gallon for gas....[/QUOTE]
Luckily for me there's expressways and interstate highways right near the two local malls where our Sears stores are. So it takes me maybe 5-10 minutes to get to one and 10-15 to get to the other one. Of course, this is because I typically go in the mornings or early afternoons or I wait until later in the evening to hit them up so that I don't get stuck in traffic.

Unless you drive a Humvee 3 miles to one store and maybe 15 to the other shouldn't cost more than a lil bit of gas. If it does, then you need to get your car in for a tuneup or you need a different car.:razz:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Luckily for me there's expressways and interstate highways right near the two local malls where our Sears stores are. So it takes me maybe 5-10 minutes to get to one and 10-15 to get to the other one. Of course, this is because I typically go in the mornings or early afternoons or I wait until later in the evening to hit them up so that I don't get stuck in traffic.

Unless you drive a Humvee 3 miles to one store and maybe 15 to the other shouldn't cost more than a lil bit of gas. If it does, then you need to get your car in for a tuneup or you need a different car.:razz:[/QUOTE]

This is quality cheapness right here people. Learn it, live it, love it.

Thanks Pie, if you say they're dropping that's enough for me to go check it out. Also, I have seen PSP Go's at my Sears/Kmart for $149. I'm sure drops will come, but I'm not sure they will match the Target drop from last August.

It looks like Google Shopping works for Sears again except it hasn't updated the prices for the day yet as my store shows Resistance 2 at $29.97. Was Josh somehow suppressing Google Shopping? Now that he's gone it works again.

BTW, looking at Google Shopping for my local Sears, it looks like they're clearancing the 250GB HDD for the slim but not the old style 250GB HDD. So now the new one is $25 cheaper than the old one! How stupid is that? Sears clearance is back.

[quote name='Blaster man']
BTW, looking at Google Shopping for my local Sears, it looks like they're clearancing the 250GB HDD for the slim but not the old style 250GB HDD. So now the new one is $25 cheaper than the old one! How stupid is that? Sears clearance is back.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I might be in the market for the old HDD, but not for $100. Still waiting and hoping for a clearance price ($50-60 would be a sweet price).

[quote name='shieryda']Yeah, I might be in the market for the old HDD, but not for $100. Still waiting and hoping for a clearance price ($50-60 would be a sweet price).[/QUOTE]

They are $74ish in the neighboring stores by me. (go get em Cheapest!)

[quote name='bgame2']They are $74ish in the neighboring stores by me. (go get em Cheapest!)[/QUOTE]

Do you know if they end in .97 (in the clearance cycle)? If so, they might be dropping again.:whistle2:k

[quote name='shieryda']Do you know if they end in .97 (in the clearance cycle)? If so, they might be dropping again.:whistle2:k[/QUOTE]

According to google shopping: $74.97

[quote name='bgame2']According to google shopping: $74.97[/QUOTE]

In the past, it took google shopping a day or two to catch up with the store prices.

[quote name='bgame2']According to google shopping: $74.97[/QUOTE]

That's the price for the slim version. The old model (removable, on the side of the console) is still $100 (or $130 at TRU).

[quote name='Blaster man']It looks like Google Shopping works for Sears again except it hasn't updated the prices for the day yet as my store shows Resistance 2 at $29.97. Was Josh somehow suppressing Google Shopping? Now that he's gone it works again.[/QUOTE]
Funny how that works, huh? Official rep on CAG=no clearance or very piddily discounts. Official rep is gone=shit goes back to near normal on drops. Yet now Enuf is calling for an official Best Buy rep to join CAG. Can we see where this is going? I imagine the @Gamer coupons will be for $5-10 off MSRP priced new releases and we will no longer get the $5-10 games we're getting now.
[quote name='bgame2']They are $74ish in the neighboring stores by me. (go get em Cheapest!)[/QUOTE]
Not since gas spiked so much.:booty: About the only thing I was semi interested in was one of the older Wii systems that were supposed to start dropping on clearance. Those were about the only things the Whitehall(PA) store had that were clearance items when I was there anyway.:cry:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']About the only thing I was semi interested in was one of the older Wii systems that were supposed to start dropping on clearance. Those were about the only things the Whitehall(PA) store had that were clearance items when I was there anyway.:cry:[/QUOTE]

Mine shows that for 129.97. Still (way) too high for me since I already have a Wii and we all know it's being replaced this year.

Google Shopping for my store shows Twilight Princes (Nintendo Selects) as 16.97. That should be interesting if it dropped some today or as it drops over time.

bread's done
Back