Official Sears Clearance Thread II - post Sears finds/deals here

[quote name='goodnight144']Picked up
Fracture PS3 $4.95
Perfect Dark Zero Xbox 360 $4.95
Saw
Pokemon black 19.99
Pokemon soulsilver 24.99
Pokemon Heart and Gold 24.99[/QUOTE]

I would have gave u perfect dark zero collector edition for $5.

Stopped by the closest Sears on my lunch break today. They still had at least one wall of new video games and a decent selection of "clearance" games. I did find:

Halo Wars $17.97
Perfect Dark Zero Xbox 360 $4.95

I didn't buy the Perfect Dark Zero but I did purchase the Halo Wars for $5.29 after using up my last SYWR points. I'll probably leave it sealed and will check back occasionally to see if it'll drop any further. It's taken a year to drop from $19.99 so I'm not too hopeful.

Snagged that Pikachu Amusement Park or whatever the hell it is for Wii 9.97.

Also, there was a person that alerted all of us to the Mario DSi XL system dropping to 129.99. I grabbed the last one. Really happy I got this-- now I just have to decide if I'm going to keep it in the box, because I'm sure in five years it'll be worth more brand new than it is now.

Ok I can't possibly clean out this Sears on my own so I will let everyone in on it.

The Sears in the Boulevard mall in Amherst, NY is fully stocked with loads and loads of stuff. I was there today and also got an extra 25% off clearance games, which was completely unadvertised. If you go to this sears you should also get extra 25% off, but I don't know how long it will last, I am guessing a week. I didn't buy accessories here so I can't tell you if you get 25% off accessories too.

I got the Pokemon Wii game, Uncharted 1, which was opened but I bought it anyways since I was allowed to check that everything was there, I really wanted this that is why I bought it, it was base price 9.97.. There were some fingsmash bundles and while I could have been the hoarder and bought them all I bought 1 and left the other one for someone else. This Sears will get you a $8 flingsmash bundle so better get there quick, there was only one left after I bought mine. The other bundles are $39.99 each so don't bother with those. I also left 2 copies of the Pokepark Wii game for someone else, which would also be around $8 each. Also lots of Pokemon Gold and Silver, but 24.98 each.

There is a Sony move charger for $10 (2-slot). I passed on this and picked up the nyko move charger for $5 at Best Buy (2-slot).

The Wii storage towers were still labeled as $39.97 here. I didn't bother to check the actual price. There were a load of them sitting in a corner.

Picked up Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock for 3.97 (x360) at Sears in Springdale, Ohio. One copy left as of yesterday afternoon.

Nice, I would love to get that game at that price. It's the only console GH I'm missing. I'm absolutely sure it won't be at our Sears, unfortunately. In fact, I'm willing to bet that Minute To Win It, Where The Wild Things Are, and DefJam Rap Star (or whatever it's called) are still the only games there.

[quote name='SaraAB']The Wii storage towers were still labeled as $39.97 here. I didn't bother to check the actual price. There were a load of them sitting in a corner.[/QUOTE]
Those were the only storage towers left in my area as well. The 360 and PS3 ones were gone from both of my local stores.:cry:

Just mentioning I got a 2000 Wii points card today in the blister pack for $9.67. Sears by me probably had about 85% of their games on clearance and only had 2 games from the last 2 months (Max Payne 3 and Mario Tennis 3DS).

Picked up Pokemon Platinum for 19.97 at a Sears in Saugus, and there were still one or two left if anyone was looking for it. Dunno if that's a great price or not, but since it's hard to find new (for me, anyway) I thought that was a pretty good deal. Their other clearance games weren't that great, though, imo.

Hmmmm...interesting.

The next closest Sears to me WAS showing limited stock on the white PSPGo's even after I bought four of them. Now Google Shopping is showing OOS on them. I guess maybe they did inventory and realized there was a discrepancy finally?

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Hmmmm...interesting.

The next closest Sears to me WAS showing limited stock on the white PSPGo's even after I bought four of them. Now Google Shopping is showing OOS on them. I guess maybe they did inventory and realized there was a discrepancy finally?[/QUOTE]

Ugh Id love to get one of them

[quote name='goodnight144']Finding another white pspGo is probably a pipe dream by now. I would be surprised to learn that any still exist out in the wild.[/QUOTE]
There's at least one Sears up in NY state up along Route 17 that is showing limited availability at the $49.97 price still and at least one in southern NJ. I've been checking random Zip codes on Google Shopping.

Normally I get up to that one in NY state at least once every couple of months, but by the time I may get back up there it'll either be sold or out of the system.

EDIT: According to Google Shopping, there are some in MD, Middletown(NJ) and numerous other places all around the country.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']

Normally I get up to that one in NY state at least once every couple of months, but by the time I may get back up there it'll either be sold or out of the system.[/QUOTE]

Nothing more depressing than stuff being out of the system. If his manager hadn't intervened an employee was going to give me a 12 month xbox live starter pack that was out of the system.

Unfortunately that Sears in NY state(Arnot Mall in Horseheads, NY which is up near Elmira) has a reselling d-bag working there that stashes everything decent that clearances in the back.:bomb: This is likely why I couldn't find any of the PSP memory sticks that went clearance last year even though they had a whole locking peghook of them one month.:roll:

Im happy yet so mad. A Sears I had been watching did a Buy 3 clearance games get all games 67% off. All the games I really wanted were already gone. Still managed to spend $55 on 9 games.

Just picked up Crysis 2 Limited Edition :360: $24.97 and a Sony Bloggie for $34.97. Couldn't pass up that price on the Bloggie; its not the Touch but a good price for a 1080p HD camcorder.

Ive been to four different Sears in the past two days. All but one had over 90% of their stock on clearance.
Is this the end of sears carrying games or what?
I got a fling smash, pokepark, and ds golden sun for $10 a piece. Also got pokemon black for $20. Thats more than i would normally pay, but there was only one and i didnt want to chance it disappearing before the next drop.

[quote name='kraftwerks']Ive been to four different Sears in the past two days. All but one had over 90% of their stock on clearance.
Is this the end of sears carrying games or what?
I got a fling smash, pokepark, and ds golden sun for $10 a piece. Also got pokemon black for $20. Thats more than i would normally pay, but there was only one and i didnt want to chance it disappearing before the next drop.[/QUOTE]
As far as I know the next closest Sears to me hasn't put all of their games on clearance as of yet. But the only other Sears store I've been to in the last 3 months(DeWitt, NY at the Shoppingtown Mall) had EVERY game in their gaming section ending with $.97. So maybe it's just that my local stores haven't marked them all as of yet.

But it's definitely looking like Sears is getting out of the gaming biz going by the reports I'm hearing of other stores clearancing all their games as well.

I just hope if they clearance the more recent stuff(Max Payne, Mass Effect 3) that they keep them unmarked and I can score them for a really decent price later on.;)

[quote name='kraftwerks']Lol, that was the Sears i got the pokemons from.[/QUOTE]
I kinda figured there had to be at least a few Syracuse(NY) area CAG's. I know one of the other CAG's from that area has his location listed or has mentioned hitting up the Great Northern Mall up in Cicero/Clay.

I was actually thinking about hitting up Auburn the last time I went up that way for work(CNY auto auction in Lafayette on a Tuesday night), but I've heard from a couple people that the Sears at the mall there no longer sells games and it's otherwise a dead area for deals. Of course, that could've just been their way of trying to keep me from invading that area while I'm up there.:razz:

I mainly go after PS3 related stuff or super cheap stuff like pennied guides and very cheap clearance titles usually.

That was me that told you that Auburn no longer sold games.
I do not lie, sir.
I live halfway between rochester (where i work throughout the week) and syracuse; and i work in buffalo every weekend.
I gets around.

I got the flingsmash as well as a $4 360 guitar hero warriors of rock from the Clay sears.
Flingsmash was marked $19.97, which was good enough for me. I was pleasantly surprised when it rang up $9.97. So then i had the worker (unhappily) scan a couple more things, but they all came up as marked.

The Pokepark game is extremely boring, and this comes from someone who likes non-difficult easy games. All you do is run around and make friends with pokemon and there are a couple mini games and that is it. I would advise saving your $10 unless you need it as a gift for a child under 5 years old, because anyone over 5 years old probably would not enjoy it. As for me I will stick with the Pokemon RPG games.

[quote name='kraftwerks']That was me that told you that Auburn no longer sold games.
I do not lie, sir.
I live halfway between rochester (where i work throughout the week) and syracuse; and i work in buffalo every weekend.
I gets around.[/QUOTE]
So does my one buddy on here, who has been hitting up my area, Syracuse and all over creation apparently as of late.:lol: With the auctions I used to go to in NY and PA(and sometimes NJ) I would routinely hit a good chunk of PA's eastern half and everywhere from Waverly(NY) to Cicero to Newburgh and in between.

However, the Auburn Sears is showing up on Google Shopping(though out of stock) on the PSPGo systems at $99.97.

[quote name='kraftwerks']I got the flingsmash as well as a $4 360 guitar hero warriors of rock from the Clay sears.
Flingsmash was marked $19.97, which was good enough for me. I was pleasantly surprised when it rang up $9.97. So then i had the worker (unhappily) scan a couple more things, but they all came up as marked.[/QUOTE]
Yeah. I think that Sears has a reseller like the Arnot Mall store, since I'd see something one week and then the next it would just magically disappear. They had a silver Dual Shock 3 sitting there forever on a cart near the tv's. I figured I'd hit up the store and grab it once it dropped to $20. It sat there unmarked forever. As expected it was gone when I got there.

Although I did end up eventually getting a silver DS3 from the one PA store by me. It was behind other DS3 controllers on one of the locked peghooks, so it looked like it was stashed there.

I also snagged a single black Dual Shock 2 that wasn't marked for $5. All of the remaining ones were long gone the next day when I stopped back.:whistle2:#

But going by what I've heard from the local employees I think it was the one local shop owner who clears them out and not the employees here, though for a while I think it was a 50/50 mix. That's why I always liked going outta town for work, since I'd find all manner of good stuff unmarked that I missed out on around here.:whistle2:#

[quote name='SaraAB']The Pokepark game is extremely boring, and this comes from someone who likes non-difficult easy games. All you do is run around and make friends with pokemon and there are a couple mini games and that is it. I would advise saving your $10 unless you need it as a gift for a child under 5 years old, because anyone over 5 years old probably would not enjoy it. As for me I will stick with the Pokemon RPG games.[/QUOTE]

If that is a Wii game, definitely, take it to BB if you trade! I searched for that and 2 Wii games showed up. ($16.00/$16.80 or $20.00/$21.00 if it's 1 of those)

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']

However, the Auburn Sears is showing up on Google Shopping(though out of stock) on the PSPGo systems at $99.97.[/QUOTE]

That's very weird. There hasn't been a videogame related item in that store for years.

[quote name='kraftwerks']That's very weird. There hasn't been a videogame related item in that store for years.[/QUOTE]
The Ithaca store had a PSP bundle last year sometime when I went up to that area for a jaunt the one day while up in NY for work. I knew for a fact that they stopped carrying gaming related stuff a few years ago, so I was shocked to see it. But I was short on time and didn't have it price checked.:cry::whistle2:#

[quote name='Derrick1979']I got a PSP go showing in the wild near me on Google shopping for $199.97 :booty:

Kinda far to drive to have it price checked[/QUOTE]
You never know unless you try. You could end up grabbing it for $.02 off MSRP and then return and rebuy at a closer store that may have had them for $50.;)

[quote name='RedFoxCommando']Just picked up Crysis 2 Limited Edition :360: $24.97 and a Sony Bloggie for $34.97. Couldn't pass up that price on the Bloggie; its not the Touch but a good price for a 1080p HD camcorder.[/QUOTE]That's how much we got our old bloggie for. We really like it. Found a Bloggie touch still around at an out of the way Sears. It rang up $56.97. Same price as last month and a little higher than I wanted to pay, but I had to have it rung up to find out the price. The lady flipped out and said she was going to try to get the other one as it showed two in stock, but the other one may have been the beat to hell display model which still had a 99.97 price tag on it. We needed another and the upgrade from 5MP to 13MP pics with the ability to snap pics while recording will be nice. Interestingly enough, I had to get the damn thing from the store room pickup system which was a joke, but the first one brought out was the black model which google shows as sold out in the area still at full price of 199.99. I woulda looked into it, but at that point I just wanted to go.

As far as games at that store, ALMOST EVERYTHING WAS GONE. They still had some skylanders, a pink DSi XL, maybe an Xbox or two, and some accessories. ALL GAMES WERE GONE from the cases which were just completely empty. Not even recent games like Max Payne 3 which I saw at another Sears.

When are they gonna clearance consoles? There a bunch of PS3s and 360s in the Sears that I frequent, but I don't think any of them have dropped.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']You never know unless you try. You could end up grabbing it for $.02 off MSRP and then return and rebuy at a closer store that may have had them for $50.;)[/QUOTE]

Transfer sale is easier. But only advised for those that know how to use it.

[quote name='kraftwerks']That's very weird. There hasn't been a videogame related item in that store for years.[/QUOTE]

I remember going all the way out of my to check that Sears out to find no games as well. Kinda surprised even though they have a gamestop close by.

Went by my local to grab the $8-ish copy of PS3 Fracture that has been lingering for months. Of course, it's the only game gone now... :(

Also saw a black PSPgo with a $99.xx sticker on it. Still legit I suppose? Wasn't it the white one that dropped to $49.xx?

[quote name='jupiterjones']Went by my local to grab the $8-ish copy of PS3 Fracture that has been lingering for months. Of course, it's the only game gone now... :(

Also saw a black PSPgo with a $99.xx sticker on it. Still legit I suppose? Wasn't it the white one that dropped to $49.xx?[/QUOTE]

The whites were $49.99 and some black were from $75-$99.

Not game related, but while was in Sears in VA, I saw a panasonic bpt110 box sitting with the other models on the shelf. I took it to the register and it scan for $14.97. (the box looks like it was retaped) Anyway, when I got home, I open up the box and see that it's a 220 model! This is the new 2012 model and I was shocked. It looks brand new and everything was in the box. Manf. date Jan 2012. Wonder how this could happen???

[quote name='The Punisher']The whites were $49.99 and some black were from $75-$99.

Not game related, but while was in Sears in VA, I saw a panasonic bpt110 box sitting with the other models on the shelf. I took it to the register and it scan for $14.97. (the box looks like it was retaped) Anyway, when I got home, I open up the box and see that it's a 220 model! This is the new 2012 model and I was shocked. It looks brand new and everything was in the box. Manf. date Jan 2012. Wonder how this could happen???[/QUOTE]
Maybe someone pulled a switcheroo on it? I bought a Uniden DECT 1580 single handset wirless set a while ago for $7 or so and I swear the battery on it was already failing within the first 4-5 charges. It seems to be ok for now, but the area by the battery cover gets warm after it's been on the charger for too long. That's how my old phones battery ended up going bad.:whistle2:#

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Maybe someone pulled a switcheroo on it? I bought a Uniden DECT 1580 single handset wirless set a while ago for $7 or so and I swear the battery on it was already failing within the first 4-5 charges. It seems to be ok for now, but the area by the battery cover gets warm after it's been on the charger for too long. That's how my old phones battery ended up going bad.:whistle2:#[/QUOTE]

well sears was remodeling the department. They had those dummy blu rays on display, but had 1 fake and 1 real 87 model on the display. I was looking at the games and google shop showed limited stock on a psp go white. :cry:
They couldnt find it and I lucky saw the 110 model box on the shelf.
I wonder what is the different between the 2011 models (110,210,310) vs
2012 models (220, 320) The player runs great. Now to debate if I should put the 220 in my room or keep the Sony S580 in my room.

All clearance games ending in .97 (most of the gaming section) on sale for 50% off at Eastern Hills Mall in Williamsville NY, apparently in effect for the whole month. I grabbed Eye Pet for $3.50. The manager said that some other stores are doing it, too, but it's ymmv and the percentage off is at the store's discretion (and he seemed to think that the other stores with similar offers were more in the 20-40% off range...think he specifically mentioned Boulevard Mall).

bread's done
Back