Official Sears Clearance Thread II - post Sears finds/deals here

[quote name='fishwaterjohn']Didn't they (Sears) have a pretty ridiculous Clearance Sale about this time last year (around July 4th)? I know they are ceasing the sale of all things video games (don't know about consoles) but the timing of some of the prices I have seen on here the past couple days is reminiscent of that sale last year.[/QUOTE]

Yes they did. I was thinking that last night that most of the games are in the almost but not quite good enough price range and they're priming for another swarm.

[quote name='fishwaterjohn']Didn't they (Sears) have a pretty ridiculous Clearance Sale about this time last year (around July 4th)? I know they are ceasing the sale of all things video games (don't know about consoles) but the timing of some of the prices I have seen on here the past couple days is reminiscent of that sale last year.[/QUOTE]

Probably just coincidence. According to the employees/managers here, they've gotten memos from corporate about taking extra percentages off (at each store manager's discretion), and they're just trying to get rid of remaining clearance games. After this, they're only carrying consoles and new releases. One employee said that they can't compete with other stores on older releases, and most of their videogame business is from people buying games the day/week of release because they don't want to wait in line at gamestop or best buy. So there you have it.

Oh, and the McKinley Mall store in Blasdell, NY, is down to an extra 25% off, too, and said they might go 50% sometime in the next couple weeks to get rid of what doesn't sell. I bit on Castlevania ps3 for around $15 after the extra 25% off. Not bad (have been waiting on that to drop further).

Went to Sears a few days ago and there were some games reduced to $4.99. Most of the good ones were probably gone, though. I picked up a PS3 Darksiders that looked to be resealed. It had no y-folds and the shrink wrap was torn. I'll exchange it at another Sears.

[quote name='Lord Izanagi']Went to Sears a few days ago and there were some games reduced to $4.99. Most of the good ones were probably gone, though. I picked up a PS3 Darksiders that looked to be resealed. It had no y-folds and the shrink wrap was torn. I'll exchange it at another Sears.[/QUOTE]

I believe all copies of Darksiders for PS3 were shrink wrapped instead of Y Folds. Not sure why.

I hit 2 Sears over the weekend trying to find a copy of Pokemon: Black (which is down to $19.97) but both stores gave me the same story:
"some guy came in and bought like 10 copies!" :cry:
Oh well.

One store had 99% of its games on clearance, but everything of interest was still in the $15-20 range with no further discount.
They even had XBLA point cards in clamshells on clearance but the discount was only 2 cents. :roll:
I'd probably head back there if they do a "50% off clearance prices sale" or something though.

[quote name='Gameboy415']I hit 2 Sears over the weekend trying to find a copy of Pokemon: Black (which is down to $19.97) but both stores gave me the same story:
"some guy came in and bought like 10 copies!" :cry:
Oh well.

One store had 99% of its games on clearance, but everything of interest was still in the $15-20 range with no further discount.
They even had XBLA point cards in clamshells on clearance but the discount was only 2 cents. :roll:
I'd probably head back there if they do a "50% off clearance prices sale" or something though.[/QUOTE]
I'm uber surprised that sears even holds 10 copies of any game... I can't imagine them selling that many!!

[quote name='kraftwerks']I went to the niagra falls blvd Sears and as usual found nothing. I rarely go there as there are two indy game stores literally around the corner. I imagine they clean out the good stuff regularly.[/QUOTE]

Not true (on the Oogie Games front). Them and Play N Trade have bigger fish to fry than clearance.

I openly admit Ive been hitting that Sears hard for about 5-6 years. I live so close to it that I hit it up frequently. In fact I worked there for a year almost solely to CAG it :) Its yielded me tons of good finds over the years.

[quote name='xDerekRx']Not true (on the Oogie Games front). Them and Play N Trade have bigger fish to fry than clearance.

I openly admit Ive been hitting that Sears hard for about 5-6 years. I live so close to it that I hit it up frequently. In fact I worked there for a year almost solely to CAG it :) Its yielded me tons of good finds over the years.[/QUOTE]

I don't think these stores grab the clearance items, as I said before both of these stores have positioned themselves next to goodwill's and SA's in many area's, especially the Lockport Oogie games whom has themselves positioned directly next to a goodwill in order to ensure a steady stream of stock. Or at least that is the way I see it. This basically means for most SA's and Goodwill's in the WNY area you won't be getting anything. Oogie games also puts more stickers on their games than Gamestop which some find hard to believe but it is true. These stores are also horrendously overpriced and I refuse to shop at them. I would rather shop on ebay, and I do shop on ebay. I don't even know why people shop there when every game you would ever want is a click away on ebay for a lot less money.

As for me I only buy what is a really good deal or what I want to play for myself, so as I said before there is no way I can clean out an entire Sears by myself.

The McKinley mall is very good but honestly its not worth the drive for me since it would take me well over an hour to get there, the arcade is gone and basically the only reason I would be there is for the Sears.

[quote name='Byakurai']Well, I got the okay to do 50% off the items on my VOM table. This includes stuff like psp go's, dj hero bundles, etc. it be a lot better if I could just make my store do 50% off all clx games. (And my store has been behind on the clx cycles. My go's are still 99.97)[/QUOTE]

Man wish I could find a new GO for that.

[quote name='MR_E']Probably just coincidence. According to the employees/managers here, they've gotten memos from corporate about taking extra percentages off (at each store manager's discretion), and they're just trying to get rid of remaining clearance games. After this, they're only carrying consoles and new releases. One employee said that they can't compete with other stores on older releases, and most of their videogame business is from people buying games the day/week of release because they don't want to wait in line at gamestop or best buy. So there you have it.[/QUOTE]

I guess that must be what happened to me when I went in a few weeks ago. I found all the games in this picture for 97 cents each, and then found CoD:BO:wii:, CoD:MWR:wii:, The Fight:ps3: and Dante's Inferno Divine Edition:ps3: the next day. I was going to post about it here, but did a test run on NeoGAF first, inadvertently sending lots of people on futile searches. I went back another couple days later and found a couple copies of games I had bought that rang up at their ticketed prices again, so it was either a discretionary sale or a huge screw-up on their part.

Untitled.jpg

No go here in my local SEARS store (independence, MO) End up picked up last 2 copies Pokemon Platinum for $10 Each :( Everything else is $24.97 & UP. No $4.97 game no where.

[quote name='Namerson']I think I'll go out and try today I would love to get a good discount on god of war, heavy rain, and mag.[/QUOTE]

Like I mentioned, this was weeks ago and most likely just an isolated incident, judging by how many disappointed people posted in my GAF thread. Don't get your hopes up too high. Hilarious thing though is that I haven't even gotten around to playing more than a couple of the games.

[quote name='RedFoxCommando']I believe all copies of Darksiders for PS3 were shrink wrapped instead of Y Folds. Not sure why.[/QUOTE]

No, I went to Best Buy and saw PS3 Darksiders that had y-folds.

Went to a Sears that's farther away that I normally don't go to and found some good deals.

:360: Ghostbusters: The Game $4.97 (I picked this up when it was $14.97 months ago, well worth it if you're a fan at all of the original movies)
:360: Transformers: War for Cybertron $24.97 (Surprised at how expensive this is everywhere still. Amazon has it for the same price but I was already out in that part of town so I picked it up.)
:360: Perfect Dark Zero $4.97 (Only bought this so I wouldn't be tempted to buy it on XBL)
:ps3: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow $19.97 (Outside of a Gamefly sale last year, I've never seen this version sell for below this price)

[quote name='Bosamba']
:ps3: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow $19.97 (Outside of a Gamefly sale last year, I've never seen this version sell for below this price)[/QUOTE]

It was $8.98 at target clearance right around the new year.

:ps3:
Bayonetta $5.97
Band Hero $3.97

:360:
Halo Anniversary $19.99(or .97, lol)
Bayonetta $5.97

:wii:
Pokepark: Pikachu's Adventure $6.97
Muramasa The Demon Blade $6.97
Tony Hawk Shred $3.97

I saw a 3-pack of games for the PS2 today. One pack of games was $1.97 for all three and one was $4.97 for all three, but the games were so bad, I couldn't justify it. But I did get a Sony 2GB PSP memory stick for $2.97.

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']Castlevania has been cheaper at a number of places.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I picked up this past Christmas at Fry's for $9.98. While it may very well be worth $20, it's been sold cheaper.

For the people lucky enough to be shopping during these mysterious extra % off manager's discretion sales, has it been on weekends or during the week?

[quote name='Lord Izanagi']No, I went to Best Buy and saw PS3 Darksiders that had y-folds.[/QUOTE]

I was told that the PS3 DarkSiders has two different cover-art, one with hologram/shiny effect and one without. Can anyone verify this?

Well, guess my epic Sear's finds are over. The game section was practically nothing in the Sear's here. Just a few accessories, and like 10 new games. Everything else was completely gone.

The other good one closed down randomly too :(

[quote name='dgwillia006']Well, guess my epic Sear's finds are over. The game section was practically nothing in the Sear's here. Just a few accessories, and like 10 new games. Everything else was completely gone.

The other good one closed down randomly too :([/QUOTE]

Welcome to my world for the last 3 years :wave: I had some epic finds at Sears earlier this gen, but it's been dead for awhile and there's really no reason for me to even step foot in a Sears. AT this point they just barely stock games at all(I'm not really certain they are actually getting in new releases, maybe 1 or 2 copies of the newest games and maybe just a couple of each console and that's literally their entire stock of video games). It basically all fits in two relatively small glass cabinets.

What's worse is the KMART in my area seems to have somehow disposed of the HUUUGGGGEEEE supply of old/junk games they had practically overflowing their old game displays. I was hoping it would turn into a clearance smorgasbord, but somehow they cleaned out the game cases and yet the clearance game section is still a joke (they do still have a fair amount games, but all with $19.99 "clearance" prices and none of the REALLY old ones they had before, I'm talking like 5 copies of the original Warhawk Bundle, several of the SOCOM Confrontation bundle, 2006-2007 games for all platforms, etc). I can't believe they clearanced them all out in such a short time, so my guess is either they gave them away to employees or possibly found a bulk buyer for them.

[quote name='Agent Orange']Welcome to my world for the last 3 years :wave: I had some epic finds at Sears earlier this gen, but it's been dead for awhile and there's really no reason for me to even step foot in a Sears. AT this point they just barely stock games at all(I'm not really certain they are actually getting in new releases, maybe 1 or 2 copies of the newest games and maybe just a couple of each console and that's literally their entire stock of video games). It basically all fits in two relatively small glass cabinets.

What's worse is the KMART in my area seems to have somehow disposed of the HUUUGGGGEEEE supply of old/junk games they had practically overflowing their old game displays. I was hoping it would turn into a clearance smorgasbord, but somehow they cleaned out the game cases and yet the clearance game section is still a joke (they do still have a fair amount games, but all with $19.99 "clearance" prices and none of the REALLY old ones they had before, I'm talking like 5 copies of the original Warhawk Bundle, several of the SOCOM Confrontation bundle, 2006-2007 games for all platforms, etc). I can't believe they clearanced them all out in such a short time, so my guess is either they gave them away to employees or possibly found a bulk buyer for them.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, same with the K-Marts here too. I always loved searching through all those games they had in the glass cases, sometimes i'd find something really good. (Once i found a copy of Tales of Vesperia hidden behind some junk for 14.99). Now all they have left is old sports games, shovelware, kids games, and PS2/GBA games

[quote name='sadakou']For the people lucky enough to be shopping during these mysterious extra % off manager's discretion sales, has it been on weekends or during the week?[/QUOTE]

True. Original run had holofoil cover. The second print (AKA knockoff to me) run has a plain cover.

[quote name='Agent Orange']Welcome to my world for the last 3 years :wave: I had some epic finds at Sears earlier this gen, but it's been dead for awhile and there's really no reason for me to even step foot in a Sears. AT this point they just barely stock games at all(I'm not really certain they are actually getting in new releases, maybe 1 or 2 copies of the newest games and maybe just a couple of each console and that's literally their entire stock of video games). It basically all fits in two relatively small glass cabinets.

What's worse is the KMART in my area seems to have somehow disposed of the HUUUGGGGEEEE supply of old/junk games they had practically overflowing their old game displays. I was hoping it would turn into a clearance smorgasbord, but somehow they cleaned out the game cases and yet the clearance game section is still a joke (they do still have a fair amount games, but all with $19.99 "clearance" prices and none of the REALLY old ones they had before, I'm talking like 5 copies of the original Warhawk Bundle, several of the SOCOM Confrontation bundle, 2006-2007 games for all platforms, etc). I can't believe they clearanced them all out in such a short time, so my guess is either they gave them away to employees or possibly found a bulk buyer for them.[/QUOTE]
That sounds like around here now as well. At least 3-4 of the Kmarts had cases overflowing with games in rows 2-3 deep in front of each other. Now it's one row in each case(if that) and all of the $19.99 and under games are out on the shelves and clearly marked if they're lower priced.:cry:

[quote name='sadakou']For the people lucky enough to be shopping during these mysterious extra % off manager's discretion sales, has it been on weekends or during the week?[/QUOTE]

In the stores here that are running them, the managers/employees said they're consistent sales running for the rest of the month, not two day deals or anything like that. One store here is at 25% and said they might go 50% by the end of the month. They basically sound like final runs to sell off the contents of their clearance bins.

[quote name='SaraAB']I don't think these stores grab the clearance items, as I said before both of these stores have positioned themselves next to goodwill's and SA's in many area's, especially the Lockport Oogie games whom has themselves positioned directly next to a goodwill in order to ensure a steady stream of stock. Or at least that is the way I see it. This basically means for most SA's and Goodwill's in the WNY area you won't be getting anything. Oogie games also puts more stickers on their games than Gamestop which some find hard to believe but it is true. These stores are also horrendously overpriced and I refuse to shop at them. I would rather shop on ebay, and I do shop on ebay. I don't even know why people shop there when every game you would ever want is a click away on ebay for a lot less money.

As for me I only buy what is a really good deal or what I want to play for myself, so as I said before there is no way I can clean out an entire Sears by myself.

The McKinley mall is very good but honestly its not worth the drive for me since it would take me well over an hour to get there, the arcade is gone and basically the only reason I would be there is for the Sears.[/QUOTE]

Knowing what games cost from distributors, they would be silly to ignore clearance sales. But you guys would know better than I. I never go into their stores either. Actually, last weekend was the first time in a long time that I went into Play N Trade. I about had a heart attack. $100 for a loose, incomplete Turbo Grafx? $125 for a commodore 64? Hilarious.
I go to the Cheektowaga superflea and the first time I ran into Oogie games was their short lived booth there. I guess their worse than eBay and Gamestop prices made it so they couldnt compete with all of the other vendors. And those Freaking stickers! They didnt stick around in there long.

SaraAB, how far from Niagra Falls blvd Sears are you? I usually hop on 290 to 90 from there and can make it to McKinley in about 20 minutes. I do miss that arcade, though it seemed the really cool/ obscure cabinets were always out of order. I miss the FYE that was there too. Used to get great deals there time to time. I still go down there to hit up TRU, Sears, Best Buy, Savers, and Target. I gave up on NFB Best Buy and Target. Theyre always so packed.

Eastern Hills had a 75% off clearance but the employee said some guy cleaned them out of everything. All that was left were sports and dj hero stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='postaboy']I was told that the PS3 DarkSiders has two different cover-art, one with hologram/shiny effect and one without. Can anyone verify this?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, exactly as you say. IIRC the original holgram art has the y-folds and the later release is just shrink wrapped. I asked the gamestop employee about the different wrappings when I purchased the game last year. The shrinked, non-shiny one isn't a resealed game

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']That sounds like around here now as well. At least 3-4 of the Kmarts had cases overflowing with games in rows 2-3 deep in front of each other. Now it's one row in each case(if that) and all of the $19.99 and under games are out on the shelves and clearly marked if they're lower priced.:cry:[/QUOTE]

We can all thank sch-gamer for ruining the treasure hunts we use to enjoy.

[quote name='kraftwerks']Knowing what games cost from distributors, they would be silly to ignore clearance sales. But you guys would know better than I. I never go into their stores either. Actually, last weekend was the first time in a long time that I went into Play N Trade. I about had a heart attack. $100 for a loose, incomplete Turbo Grafx? $125 for a commodore 64? Hilarious.
I go to the Cheektowaga superflea and the first time I ran into Oogie games was their short lived booth there. I guess their worse than eBay and Gamestop prices made it so they couldnt compete with all of the other vendors. And those Freaking stickers! They didnt stick around in there long.

SaraAB, how far from Niagra Falls blvd Sears are you? I usually hop on 290 to 90 from there and can make it to McKinley in about 20 minutes. I do miss that arcade, though it seemed the really cool/ obscure cabinets were always out of order. I miss the FYE that was there too. Used to get great deals there time to time. I still go down there to hit up TRU, Sears, Best Buy, Savers, and Target. I gave up on NFB Best Buy and Target. Theyre always so packed.

Eastern Hills had a 75% off clearance but the employee said some guy cleaned them out of everything. All that was left were sports and dj hero stuff.[/QUOTE]

I don't wish to reveal my location too much since I do yard sales and I want to keep this area to myself since its decent around here for finds, but getting worse as I probably bought most of the old games from here. Doesn't help that most people here play sports games and call of duty.

The Sears in the falls isn't very good, but they do have quite a few clearance systems and stuff in the case right now, they were showing a white PSP Go at $50 on the store locator on google shopping but I couldn't find it in the store.

I almost died when I went into PnT and saw $90 saturn games that are like $5-6 on ebay. That one booth in the back of the flea, Game Craze, used to have really good deals but they have gotten overpriced. I went into Oogie games and almost puked at their prices, they want $20 for games that you can get for like $2-3 at gamestop and ebay. I swear this chain spends more on their stickers than probably anything else in the store. They have like 10 stickers on each case, so much so you can't even see what game you are buying. Only a complete and utter fool would shop there.

I think the problem here is that PnT and Oogie games both set up these fancy tournament centers with gaming PC's and tons of huge TV's and they have to have some way to pay for it so they overprice all their games hoping a sucker will come in and buy the games. They also had an ad on their facebook page for someone who can repair all systems including DS lites. Now I have a friend who is an electronics engineer who will not work on DS Lite's because they are too challenging for him to repair, now if they are challenging for him I imagine its going to be quite impossible to find someone who can repair them.... let alone someone who can repair any video game system...

In fact I am not even sure if you can call this overpricing, its flat out gouging and scamming if you ask me for what they charge for video games. Also the fact that they position themselves directly next to thrift stores just reeks of being shady.

Ebay is your best bet for older games here, you can get most common stuff for like $5 or less if you want to play it if you bid carefully.

If you are shopping here be prepared to know prices like the back of your hand, Sears is good, but they still have quite a few prices that are off from ebay prices, games that are $30 that you can easily get for $10 or less on ebay.

As far as Target goes they seem to sell out of things before they can even hit clearance, or our area simply doesn't get in the things that stores in other regions get, retail is really terrible around here since the canadians clean everything out so fast, the stores get one shipment of a product, at least for electronics and video games, then when it is gone you don't see it again. Target in the WNY area also seems to be 3-4 weeks behind all the other stores from other regions on the clearance schedule, you will find things but they will be like 15% off, and they sell at 15% off, so why reduce them further? I swear the sheep will buy anything...

[quote name='kraftwerks']
Eastern Hills had a 75% off clearance but the employee said some guy cleaned them out of everything. All that was left were sports and dj hero stuff.[/QUOTE]

I grabbed one game there when they were still at 50%, but I didn't see too much else of interest to me at 50% off to begin with. But, ya, we definitely have hoarders/flippers in the area. The same thing happened with the Gamestop GBA clearance. Someone wiped out all 3 stores in the McKinley area.

Actually, I remember being in one of those Gamestops once like a few years back with some annoying shady guy talking to me and pointing out every game he was thinking about buying and bragging about how much he was going to make off of reselling it. I was just like "Uh...ya...that's...err...cool. I'm here looking for cheap games because I want to play them. So, uhh...I'm just going to go over here now, but it was nice talking to you."

[quote name='yazman']We can all thank sch-gamer for ruining the treasure hunts we use to enjoy.[/QUOTE]
Yep. I used to get a kick outta going into Kmart, seeing stuff with $59.99 pricetags on it still and having them bring it up to the register and it rings up $4 or so. I kinda chuckled a couple times cuz I walked outta a few local Kmarts with 5-7 games for $20. Now if I catch a single game for $5-6 and it's not some old sports shit or DJ Hero/Tony Hawk/other crap it's a miracle.:cry:

And Sara, that sounds like around here to a tee. But what I'm wondering though is whether or not that Game Craze store you mentioned is the same chain I used to check out at the Carousel Mall up in Syracuse when I'd go up there for work.

The downtown Sears by job has a lot of games but their clearence section is a joke. I tried to get Pokemon Heart Gold but it only went down from $29.99 to 27.99. I think all the other Sears around my house already closed down. This $25 gift card is burning a hole in my pocket. I might just buy some clothes instead.:roll:

I don't mind the new clearance drops, but I sure hate having them tagged out in the open for everyone to purchase. Nobody ever bought games form my local Kmarts/Sears so I always got to pick up a lot of buried treasures. I think I bought about 10 copies total between Metroid Prime Trilogy or Force Unleashed Ultimate Sith titles back in the day. I swear they had so many games buried beneath crap, they could have a dead body and nobody would know. Everything was improperly tagged so if anyone would look, they turn away real fast.

Now though, it seems so many games were either sent away or El Hoardo was there right as they put them out. I can't believe that in a matter of days a few hundred games would be bought up. All I can find are overpriced shovelware, or Imagine/Petz DS titles. Not quite the same :cry:

I'm jealous of some of the finds I'm seeing on here. The clearance prices at my Sears are pretty lousy. The same copy of Metroid Prime 3 has been sitting on the shelves for the past 2 years, and it's only dropped to 39.97.

My store had a 1.00 box at the register. Nothing exciting, a lot of shovelware. Probably the best thing was Brothers in Arms for PSP. I picked up one a piece for my collection though.

This is a strange thread. The first post says "see last page for price updates" yet the last page has no price updates, or the one before it. Why not just post it in the first post like every other thread since CAG started?

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Yep. I used to get a kick outta going into Kmart, seeing stuff with $59.99 pricetags on it still and having them bring it up to the register and it rings up $4 or so. I kinda chuckled a couple times cuz I walked outta a few local Kmarts with 5-7 games for $20. Now if I catch a single game for $5-6 and it's not some old sports shit or DJ Hero/Tony Hawk/other crap it's a miracle.:cry:

And Sara, that sounds like around here to a tee. But what I'm wondering though is whether or not that Game Craze store you mentioned is the same chain I used to check out at the Carousel Mall up in Syracuse when I'd go up there for work.[/QUOTE]

I don't know, they have a booth in the fleamarket here and a booth in the walden galleria mall mall, they used to have really good prices on games at the fleamarket and I bought most of my dreamcast collection from them but recently they have raised all their prices, maybe within the last year or 2. The mall booth obviously caters to shoppers who have no idea of any pricing, for laughs I asked them how much an Xbox power cord was, they wanted $10 just for a used cord. They also have the harry potter games (Gamecube and PS2) priced at like $20 each at the fleamarket. I find this really weird as the last time I checked I think those are like $5 games on ebay. They do have a TON of games at the fleamarket, and they have a lot of obscurities like rare PS1 JRPG's and japanese games and things you don't normally see.

I have heard there are good PnT stores around but after seeing the outright gouging at my local store I don't have a very favorable opinion of the chain. And after seeing prices that are 20x as much as ebay prices who would? But like most indie WNY businesses I am sure these guys will have their day soon. Heck I would rather see Gamestop doing well than these guys. The only good thing is that we have Gamestop almost everywhere here and most people shop there. The other good thing is that a Gamestop opened up in Lockport right down the street from Oogie games so poor Lockport is no longer deprived of gaming retail.

Most indie game stores have closed here, and for a reason! There was one called Phoenix games, the one with the arcade I mentioned. The owner of that store was really cool as I had some very long conversations with him. He also had some pretty rare arcade cabinets like Two Tigers and Subroc 3d (very cool game!). He also had a moving outrun cabinet that I would drive all the way down to the McKinley mall just to play. One time they set the game up wrong and the thing was giving me like 6 plays for 25 cents, I stayed on that game for a while that day! They didn't work properly because its really hard to keep old arcade games running these days. They weren't as overpriced as the other stores but they just had a poor selection of mostly sports games. I am dying for a good arcade here, all the good spots have closed up. I think I might have to buy a GPS unit and drive up to Fantasy raceways in Rochester even if it does take me 3 hours...

[quote name='VidgamesgivemeA_D_D']This is a strange thread. The first post says "see last page for price updates" yet the last page has no price updates, or the one before it. Why not just post it in the first post like every other thread since CAG started?[/QUOTE]
At one point this thread was being kept updated, but now it's the type of thread that you have to read/monitor regularly in order to know what's on clearance and at what price. It works out much better for most of us this way, in that without a compiled list we go by memory on what's clearanced.

That way if our local Sears stores are lax in updating the stickers, we have a general idea of what should be at what price without it alerting the general public or lurkers on here.

Sorry SaraAB, i wasnt trying to get your exact location :p i just thought you must be a long way from NFB if it takes an hour to get to McKinley. I have given up on garage sales, so no worries there. Plenty of people seem to find great stuff. I never have found anything. I do go to the flea market Game Craze all the time though. It is related to the galleria and carousel mall stores, but there are seperate owners. The big guy that runs the flea is kind of an odd duck. He can be really nice one second and a bit of a prick the next. I think he lets the people that shop there get to him too much, lol. I've been in there when some one would walk in and ask for some random game. He was like," yeah, i have that, it's $10." They said, "wow, the other place has it for $15. Would you take $5?" That kind of thing seems to really make him mad. Maybe thats why he raised some prices? He doesnt have as much stuff as the dude with the huge area in the middle of the building, but at least his stuff isnt all sun faded and water damaged. I swear to God, every time i walk past that place i see some hard to find game behind the chicken wire, and it is just destroyed. It makes me want to cry.
The one time that a game I bought from game craze didnt work, he exchanged it no problem. Most of the game sellers in there are all "too bad, as is".
I find the best deals from the people who set up outside and have a bunch of random stuff for sale. Last week i got a snes with mario world and allstars for $20. Just needed a lot of scrubbing!

So Sears... I stopped at the ones in Clay and DeWitt. Didnt expect to find any proce drops, and there werent any. But there was definitely fewer things at both stores than the last time I went there :( With my luck they will do a percentage off sale this weekend and i wont be able to go back until next Tuesday and everything will be gone.

So I went to a Sears that isn't close to my home yesterday and I saw a Pokemon Soul silver in the cage. I wanted to buy it and they told me to go to another store or comeback tommerow... because they don't have the keys to open the cage... yeah... No wonder this store will go outta business soon.

[quote name='kraftwerks']So Sears... I stopped at the ones in Clay and DeWitt. Didnt expect to find any proce drops, and there werent any. But there was definitely fewer things at both stores than the last time I went there :( With my luck they will do a percentage off sale this weekend and i wont be able to go back until next Tuesday and everything will be gone.[/QUOTE]
If you checked out the DeWiit Kmart as well while in the area and didn't find anything, then blame CAG user shiningslade.:lol: He's from my area(PA) but was mentioning hitting up Syracuse area last month sometime. I think he said he picked up some stuff at the Sears in DeWitt and he may have hit the Kmart nearby as well.

I usually hit up the Salvation Army further down Erie Blvd when I'm up that way or I go to the thrift stores up around Cicero and Clay.

There's just so many stores/malls up there it's hard to hit all of them within the 2 hours I usually have when I hit up the auction in Lafayette for work. That's why I prefer when my boss goes to the one in Cicero, since it starts at noon or so and we're usually there till 5-6pm.:D

bread's done
Back