Official Sears Clearance Thread II - post Sears finds/deals here

Not searching the whole thread but MK Kollector edition is only 59.97 for both platforms. Picked one up just for the awesome bookends. More in stock at Penn Station Kmart. Peace...

Oh and Dragon Quest IV for $5

[quote name='kraftwerks']Sorry SaraAB, i wasnt trying to get your exact location :p i just thought you must be a long way from NFB if it takes an hour to get to McKinley. I have given up on garage sales, so no worries there. Plenty of people seem to find great stuff. I never have found anything. I do go to the flea market Game Craze all the time though. It is related to the galleria and carousel mall stores, but there are seperate owners. The big guy that runs the flea is kind of an odd duck. He can be really nice one second and a bit of a prick the next. I think he lets the people that shop there get to him too much, lol. I've been in there when some one would walk in and ask for some random game. He was like," yeah, i have that, it's $10." They said, "wow, the other place has it for $15. Would you take $5?" That kind of thing seems to really make him mad. Maybe thats why he raised some prices? He doesnt have as much stuff as the dude with the huge area in the middle of the building, but at least his stuff isnt all sun faded and water damaged. I swear to God, every time i walk past that place i see some hard to find game behind the chicken wire, and it is just destroyed. It makes me want to cry.
The one time that a game I bought from game craze didnt work, he exchanged it no problem. Most of the game sellers in there are all "too bad, as is".
I find the best deals from the people who set up outside and have a bunch of random stuff for sale. Last week i got a snes with mario world and allstars for $20. Just needed a lot of scrubbing!

So Sears... I stopped at the ones in Clay and DeWitt. Didnt expect to find any proce drops, and there werent any. But there was definitely fewer things at both stores than the last time I went there :( With my luck they will do a percentage off sale this weekend and i wont be able to go back until next Tuesday and everything will be gone.[/QUOTE]

Oh my god lol that guy in the middle must have like 10k games no joke, all of it is crap and faded too, and he wants like ebay prices for it all. Please never let me get to that point! I have walked by many times but mostly I only see common, worthless games.I keep hearing rumors that they are gonna close the flea, and if they do boy will it be interesting. Where will all the crap that is in that fleamarket go? LOL.

For yard sales it really is hit or miss, the problem is you just don't find games that much, but we go for other things besides games, games are just a bonus, so its still worth it.

I think the guy at Game Craze only takes complete games, which is great, and I know they have told me before that they don't take crap games or overly scratched games. They have a disc buffer that is said to be worth $500 so if you are buying a disc game they should refurbish it for you for free. I have gotten different employees when I shopped there, the one guy was great. I think I know who the big guy is you are talking about, and I haven't had any problems with him, though I don't think I have had a transaction with him yet.

They used to have a small missle command cabinet at the old flea market arcade, it was not working though, which is no longer there, that is a rare arcade game so I would like to know where it went. I was really shocked to see it the first time I ever saw it.

There is a booth at the front of the flea, which you may not have checked out yet, I think it is in row 6 coming from the food court part, a little ways down, the one with all the consoles hanging on the wall. I have traded with them several times and they are extremely easy to work with. Just be friendly and don't show your knowledge, but know every price before you go into the transaction. The guys at this booth will give you more than you get at Game Craze, I have compared on a few transactions, but you might do better at game craze if you want to pick from their huge selection. I have gotten cash off them in the past but it may be difficult to do as they usually don't have cash on hand (most vendors don't, I suspect that people in this flea market don't do very well :( But you have to be careful, as I have gotten non working games from them, they did exchange every non working game for a game of equal value. It really just depends on what people trade in. You can sell things to the vendors too, one time I walked around the flea with a bunch of junk electronics in my backpack, I had a pocket PC, video games, and a couple other things I think, I walked out with $95 cash!!!! If you have junk electronics that are worthless on ebay, it might be worth your while to do this.

[quote name='kraftwerks']The cheapest i have seen is $24.97 for heart gold or soul silver.[/QUOTE]

So is $13 good price?

My Sears has 50% on top of prices

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']Ah, yes. Forgot to mention, Pokemon Heart Gold & Heart Silver are $19.99 and they come with some electronic Pokeball thing.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='The Punisher']how much is pokemon gold or soul silver?[/QUOTE]

$19.9x

Just picked up a red DualShock 3 in the original clamshell packaging for $20.97. It was on one of the locked hooks in the back behind the new blue packaged controllers so I had to ask to have it priced checked and didnt hesitate when it rang up $20.97. I'll be on the hunt for more

[quote name='kraftwerks']The cheapest i have seen is $24.97 for heart gold or soul silver.[/QUOTE]

I snagged two for 8.xx at the Sears near me. 67% off $24.97.

[quote name='coopscohen']I snagged two for 8.xx at the Sears near me. 67% off $24.97.[/QUOTE]

They had one left, but when he took it out from behind the register case, the game was missing. The poke walker was inside the box.

Not game related, but Sears has the Mario Game traveler Backpack for $5. Here is a link to show what it looks like:
http://www.bigben-interactive.co.uk/produit/produit/id/2986

Here is another one also $5. Its a bit bigger:
http://www.avcdistributor.com/ALS-NDS903X-Nintendo-DS-Travel-Gaming-Backpack-White

Maybe someone here may be interested to use it to store your DS,3DS, or PSP or great for kids.

The McKinley Mall Sears in Blasdell apparently got the go-ahead to put the Hannah Montana PSP bundles (on clearance for $99.97) in the 50% bin today. Or so I found out as I went to the register and had to wait for the electronics section employee that was checking out both bundles. D'oh!

At any rate, probably totally YMMV, but might be worth a look if you have any stores around you with those clearance bundles left.

Maybe this means that the Shops At Ithaca Mall(formerly the Pyramid Mall) will finally clearance out the lone PSP bundle I saw the last time I was up that way. I was shocked to see it sitting there in one of the cases, since they stopped carrying games at least a few years ago.

I picked up a blue Dualshock in the older style packaging for $24.97 today. The price was handwritten on a blank pink sticker, so I'm not sure if it's at all stores or just the one. It's possible that they simply didn't want to have the old packages in stores anymore.

[quote name='kraftwerks']Argh. I have been waiting MONTHS for those psps to drop.[/QUOTE]

Ya. Those are actually what I was there to check on. Was thinking of getting one for my girlfriend when they dropped to 50% or lower. The 2 copies that had been there for months were both missing from the case, so I said "damn...oh well" and went up with the $7.50 copy of Modnation Racers I grabbed as a consolation prize...and the employee was at the register with both of them (along with what looked like a few other hardware things that apparently hit 50% today...not sure what) waiting for the manager to come and approve the 50% discount. Argh.

[quote name='roger watersmelon']I picked up a blue Dualshock in the older style packaging for $24.97 today. The price was handwritten on a blank pink sticker, so I'm not sure if it's at all stores or just the one. It's possible that they simply didn't want to have the old packages in stores anymore.[/QUOTE]

Sweet! I got a red one in the old packaging for $20.97 yesterday. I checked the price on the black dual shock 3 today in the old package and they still ring up full price. I'm gonna keep my eye out for other colors to see if they've dropped as well.

[quote name='postaboy']Picked up:

1x Assassin's Creed (Original/Black Label) 360 - $16.97

I still debating whether I should flip Assassin's Creed on eBay or not.[/QUOTE]

360 worth something also? or just PS3? If so, how much? Thanks

I also don't understand...are the black label copies of the original assassins creed rare or something now? Ebay prices for them arnt that high...something Im missing?

[quote name='arsenalcrazy8']I also don't understand...are the black label copies of the original assassins creed rare or something now? Ebay prices for them arnt that high...something Im missing?[/QUOTE]

No, but postaboy probably is.

[quote name='RedFoxCommando']Sweet! I got a red one in the old packaging for $20.97 yesterday. I checked the price on the black dual shock 3 today in the old package and they still ring up full price. I'm gonna keep my eye out for other colors to see if they've dropped as well.[/QUOTE]
The silver ones are also clearanced in the old style packaging. But those may be out of the system by now, as I got one of them about 3-6 months ago at one of my three Sears stores in my area.

Got pretty lucky at the Walden Galleria. They had the mario vs donkey kong dsi xl system bundle marked $80. On a whim i had a worker price check it. $39.97. Sold!

[quote name='kraftwerks']Got pretty lucky at the Walden Galleria. They had the mario vs donkey kong dsi xl system bundle marked $80. On a whim i had a worker price check it. $39.97. Sold![/QUOTE]

Good find! Anything else noteworthy there? I sipped checking there because I didn't see anything for a long long time...

[quote name='arsenalcrazy8']I also don't understand...are the black label copies of the original assassins creed rare or something now? Ebay prices for them arnt that high...something Im missing?[/QUOTE]

It has to be in brand new, factory sealed, unopened condition. I sold a couple of them (non-ph version, factory sealed in mint condition) for $60 shipped on eBay a week before AC Revelations hits the shelves, and then another copy I picked up for $17 at Sears for $50 shipped. You get more $$$ if you list it right before/after the next sequel. If you have one (should be like $13 at sears by now), hold on to it till AC R comes out.

Same goes for Original Mass Effect 1 (Non Ph was $13 at Sears) version. I ended up selling this one for $75 shipped, right before Mass Effect 3 came out.
Same goes for Demon's Souls. It's $5/6 at Kmart by now. I ended up flipping this for $50 shipped easily right before Dark Souls came out.

I kind of regretted not picking up Prototype for $6 at Kmart. They had like 8 of them. It was going for $35-$45 on eBay before/after Prototype 2. It could have paid off my Vita lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='postaboy']It has to be in brand new, factory sealed, unopened condition. I sold a couple of them (non-ph version, factory sealed in mint condition) for $60 shipped on eBay a week before AC Revelations hits the shelves, and then another copy I picked up for $17 at Sears for $50 shipped. You get more $$$ if you list it right before/after the next sequel. If you have one (should be like $13 at sears by now), hold on to it till AC R comes out.

Same goes for Original Mass Effect 1 (Non Ph was $13 at Sears) version. I ended up selling this one for $75 shipped, right before Mass Effect 3 came out.
Same goes for Demon's Souls. It's $5/6 at Kmart by now. I ended up flipping this for $50 shipped easily right before Dark Souls came out.

I kind of regretted not picking up Prototype for $6 at Kmart. They had like 8 of them. It was going for $35-$45 on eBay before/after Prototype 2. It could have paid off my Vita lol.[/QUOTE]

Lol, you're right about that. I'm going to keep that in mind from now on. I'm always checking stores for clearance items so I should keep an eye for older titles as well.

Went to Sears today and the fabled extra clearance was there. 50% off every item that had a red price tag. Of course everything good was gone by then. They told me that all the Sears in the city were doing this so I go to another Sears a couple of miles away because I know that that one still has lots of games. Turns out that the other Sears doesn't have the extra clearance. This really sucks.

I rarely go there, thinking, hey, its the busiest mall in buffalo. But i figured what the heck. There were a lot of ps360 sports games for 9.97 and that was it. I had the dude scan a wii mario kart that was marked $39.97, but it was the correct price.

Picked up 18 games for $40 bucks today. The cashier had to manually adjust each one. Most of the games were 50% off but they had a small section of 75% off games (mostly junk). Got a couple copies of Uncharted for $5, Stitch Jam ds for 74 cents, a bunch of guitar hero/rockband games for $1.99, bayonetta for $2 and more.

Just scored a kinect, dance central, and golden sun: dark dawn together for under $80 thanks to my employee discount. No luck on getting 50% off all clearance ( so no $150 Xbox 360's)

[quote name='kraftwerks']Got pretty lucky at the Walden Galleria. They had the mario vs donkey kong dsi xl system bundle marked $80. On a whim i had a worker price check it. $39.97. Sold![/QUOTE]

Did they have any more? Might consider upgrading from my DS lite at $40.

[quote name='postaboy']It has to be in brand new, factory sealed, unopened condition. I sold a couple of them (non-ph version, factory sealed in mint condition) for $60 shipped on eBay a week before AC Revelations hits the shelves, and then another copy I picked up for $17 at Sears for $50 shipped. You get more $$$ if you list it right before/after the next sequel. If you have one (should be like $13 at sears by now), hold on to it till AC R comes out.

I kind of regretted not picking up Prototype for $6 at Kmart. They had like 8 of them. It was going for $35-$45 on eBay before/after Prototype 2. It could have paid off my Vita lol.[/QUOTE]

I haven't seen AC in my area but I am holding onto a Bioshock 2 collectors edition that I am waiting to flip when Bioshock infinite comes out. The only copies of AC I have seen are at BB and Gamestop used. I wouldn't mind trying the series, so I might just get one of the $10 copies eventually, need to decide if I want it for Xbox or PS3 though.

[quote name='MR_E']Did they have any more? Might consider upgrading from my DS lite at $40.[/QUOTE]

It was the only one. There were regular dsi xls marked $159.97. I asked the dude to check one of those but he snottily replied that "i know THAT price is correct."
I am going to miss the Sears deals. I will not miss the jerk workers.

[quote name='SaraAB']I haven't seen AC in my area but I am holding onto a Bioshock 2 collectors edition that I am waiting to flip when Bioshock infinite comes out. The only copies of AC I have seen are at BB and Gamestop used. I wouldn't mind trying the series, so I might just get one of the $10 copies eventually, need to decide if I want it for Xbox or PS3 though.[/QUOTE]

If you care less about collecting and just want to play it, Assassin's Creed Revelations for ps3 includes the first one on the disc. Since AC:R is on sale every other day for $19.99, it's a nice deal.

[quote name='kraftwerks']It was the only one. There were regular dsi xls marked $159.97. I asked the dude to check one of those but he snottily replied that "i know THAT price is correct."
I am going to miss the Sears deals. I will not miss the jerk workers.[/QUOTE]

Ah, k. Thanks for the info. If it wasn't, they'd probably be cleared out once the employees found out they were $40, anyway. The normal dsi xl's are $159.97 at McKinley, too. Not sure if they're part of the 50% off, but I don't think so since they said they needed a special memo to drop some of the other hardware (like the psp bundles I mentioned) they put in the bin.

:shock:

[quote name='Jesse757x']Picked up 18 games for $40 bucks today. The cashier had to manually adjust each one. Most of the games were 50% off but they had a small section of 75% off games (mostly junk). Got a couple copies of Uncharted for $5, Stitch Jam ds for 74 cents, a bunch of guitar hero/rockband games for $1.99, bayonetta for $2 and more.[/QUOTE]

Dang. Got Bayoneta for $5.97. Well, I shouldn't say dang. It's a good deal.

You might be surprised how much Best Buy will give you for that 'junk' lol. PokePark Pikachu's Adventure Wii, while it may not be junk(I don't know.) , was $6.97 and got me $16BB.

Not to derail this thread, some things are being added to the OP here(Sears is in light blue/turquoise): http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=322515

[quote name='kraftwerks']If you care less about collecting and just want to play it, Assassin's Creed Revelations for ps3 includes the first one on the disc. Since AC:R is on sale every other day for $19.99, it's a nice deal.[/QUOTE]
That's only the first run that has the first game on the disc.

Yeah, there will be a small blurb on the front of the case indicating that the first game is included. I still see them on store shelves. Shouldnt be hard to find.

[quote name='superhippy1986']Any of you know if Best Buy has a clearence section? Or should I keep on driving by them?[/QUOTE]

YMMV. The BBY in my town has a couple clearance caches. I found bbcs and lost in shadow each for under $8.

After visiting six sears in the last few days, I finally found one that is doing the additional 50% off on selected pink tags. It seems like all the good games have been wiped off clean. All they had left was a bunch of Gears, Fable, Resident Evil 5, NFS games, Sports Games, Wii Family/Dance Genre Games, etc. While browsing the games with a few of them on my hand, the worker there told me, "Don't buy them yet and that they will be doing an addtional 75% off on Tuesday". He asked for my number and said he will give me a call to cherry pick them first before the signs goes up. I guess I'll wait.

246qvdi.jpg

^Yeah, that's exactly what that one Sears I went to looked like. But everything of note was gone. Uncharted, Pokemon, Halo. Everything. And the other Sears aren't doing it yet. Why do some do it and some don't? Also postaboy, I hope you didn't listen to him. By Tuesday, everything will probably be gone, probably from the soccer moms that practically live in places like Sears.

bread's done
Back