Official Sears Clearance Thread II - post Sears finds/deals here

Got another Muramasa today and GH Smash Hits and World Tour for Wii, all of them $15.
I'm still pissed I havent found a PS3 version of Fallout GOTY for $15. I have seen about 15 copies in 3 different stores but they are behind the glass and still $60.

Picked up-

Ninja gaiden 2 (ps3) $14.97
Wolfenstein (ps3) $14.97
FF IV (ds) $9.97
Red bull (ds) $.97
Metroid Trilogy $13.97

i used the 10% coupon and brought NG2 and Red bull to a local game store for $30 cash and kept the rest of the games.

Total $52.35 w/ tax - $30 = $22.35 :)

Ok, I went to a Sears near my place. I picked up some more games and used that 10% off coupon.

I scanned some UPCs and found out :ds: Castlevania:OoE, :wii: Mario and Sonic at the Olympics, :ps3: NGS2 and :wii: MPT were clearanced at that store, but OOS :cry:

:ds: Animal Crossing Wild World $29.99
:wii: Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn $49.99
:360: Lips $49.99 :cry: (I can't seem to find this for cheap)
:ps2: Persona 3 FES $29.99 (what?!)

Hey, is :ps3: Wolfenstein worth $14.97?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='lude21']Picked up-

Ninja gaiden 2 (ps3) $14.97
Wolfenstein (ps3) $14.97
FF IV (ds) $9.97
Red bull (ds) $.97
Metroid Trilogy $13.97

i used the 10% coupon and brought NG2 and Red bull to a local game store for $30 cash and kept the rest of the games.

Total $52.35 w/ tax - $30 = $22.35 :)[/QUOTE]

damn it :(, I can't seem to find Ninja Gaiden 2 (ps3) anywhere on clearance, people have seen it on Target, none of my targets have them on clearance, now sears??? we only have one sears and with my luck it won't have it

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']Has anyone quoted those as being clearanced at other Sears?[/QUOTE]

I got :ds: Castlevania:OoE at 9.97 but I had to buy it and one Sears and return/rebuy it at another. The sears I bought it from still had it as 29.99. Some Sears just refuse to put games on clearance, I guess.

Since I was in the area for a vet appointment I was able to stop in early yesterday. Most everything I scanned drop about 5 bucks across the board. None of the stickers where updated, than again this was about only 11am. Out of what I remember that I did scanned,

:ds: Final Fantasy IV 9.97
:wii: Muramasa demon blade 14.97
:360: Too Human 14.97
:360::wii::ps3: TNA Impact 2.97
:ps3::360: H.A.W.K. 14.97

I was really tempted to pick up Maramasa since everyone on here says it good. But since I still don't have a Wii I passed on it, maybe next trip. I already have Final Fantasy from the last drop, but couldn't get a price on it or anything else I bought adjust since I lost the fucking receipt. Passed on Too Human as well just because, and while I'm a wrestling fan. I still couldn't swallow TNA at that price. The should just give me 2.97 too take it off their hands. In the end I didn't actually get anything.

Got last copy of Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 for $15.
Really hoped to get a copy of Fallout3 GOTY but couldn't find one.
Thanks OP.

Wow, my SEARS still has the original Persona 3 factory sealed (from 2007) for $49.99. I had them scan it and it's STILL that price. The shrink wrap and case are looking very beat up at this point.

[quote name='solidus_00']I got :ds: Castlevania:OoE at 9.97 but I had to buy it and one Sears and return/rebuy it at another. The sears I bought it from still had it as 29.99. Some Sears just refuse to put games on clearance, I guess.[/QUOTE]

Are most Sears willing to let you buy an item from one store and return/rebuy it at another store?

I've been waiting for that :ds: Castlevania:OoE to drop at that one store for months.

iconxbox360.gif

Tiger Woods 09 - .87

iconps3.gif

NCAA Football 09 - .97
NG Sigma 2 - 14.97
Oblivion GOTY - 1.97
Lego Rock Band - 14.97

iconwii.gif

Little League World Series 09 - 2.97

Hoping DS Extraction would drop to 10, but it popped back up to msrp. Oh well.

Picked up Red Bull for $.97 for the hell of it.(don't even own a DS)

Looked for Hot Shots at the Sears I was at but couldn't find it.

[quote name='NipPicker']anything is worth at least 2.97[/QUOTE]

TNA Wrestling is a glitchy mess though, so it's worth $.97 maybe, but the other two bucks would be best used to buy some greasy/unhealthy food at Mickey D's.:D;)

And I just remembered about Hot Shots getting $20 a pop at Best Buy for trade. Time to go add my two copies to my trade order.

I'm still shocked Rise Of The Argonauts for PS3(more like Rise Of The Glitches)gets $9 there still.

EDIT: Damn. I'm getting $79 in credit for four games I'm not even playing anymore. I wonder what else I can dump there.

I picked up Metroid Prime Trilogy for $13.xx and Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 for $14.xx.

...I forgot to check Raiden Fighter Aces... Anyone know if it dropped? (I checked to page 70 and didn't see it reported anywhere)

I went back in last night. I printed some UPCs off to check, and checked some prices for my Sears:

Castlevania: OoE, MK vs DC, Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games, and a few others I vaguely remember being cited as clearanced at some Sears remain at full price.

I scanned the barcode for Stranglehold (both systems), though, and it showed as $1.97. It makes me REALLY want to peel off that fucking sticker on the back of the box, but I'm 99% sure it won't peel off clean enough to be unnoticable/scan.

And since I had forgotten Dirt 2 was on the list of "$25 off $30+ games at Gamestop" promotion, I picked it up and took it over to the Gamestop at the same shopping plaza. I picked up Sonic Classic Collection for DS, but I'm hoping to return it to the other Gamestop tomorrow for a full refund. Anyone know if I can do that and still get the $30+ back?

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']I went back in last night. I printed some UPCs off to check, and checked some prices for my Sears:

Castlevania: OoE, MK vs DC, Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games, and a few others I vaguely remember being cited as clearanced at some Sears remain at full price.

I scanned the barcode for Stranglehold (both systems), though, and it showed as $1.97. It makes me REALLY want to peel off that fucking sticker on the back of the box, but I'm 99% sure it won't peel off clean enough to be unnoticable/scan.

And since I had forgotten Dirt 2 was on the list of "$25 off $30+ games at Gamestop" promotion, I picked it up and took it over to the Gamestop at the same shopping plaza. I picked up Sonic Classic Collection for DS, but I'm hoping to return it to the other Gamestop tomorrow for a full refund. Anyone know if I can do that and still get the $30+ back?[/QUOTE]

Just rip off the shrink wrap and then buy it. Hell, go ahead and just take the disc. Fraud is fraud. Seems like the only thing stopping you is that you might not get away with it.

Damn, I'd really like to get NGS2, but as far as I can tell it disappeared from all of the local stores here a few weeks ago during the last round. :cry:

Anyone know if Dead Space Extraction dropped again? $14.97 was too much for it, but if it's under $10 now I may have to grab it.

[quote name='shoe478']Just rip off the shrink wrap and then buy it. Hell, go ahead and just take the disc. Fraud is fraud. Seems like the only thing stopping you is that you might not get away with it.[/QUOTE]
I mean, to be honest, yeah- if the sticker peeled right off, I probably would have done it to begin with. I wouldn't call making it possible for an employee to scan and charge me for the actual game fraud, though. Sure, swapping stickers/barcodes is a crime. What bothers me is that a lot of people could still find the exact same game at their Sears without that sticker on it and get it for $11 cheaper. Otherwise, I would just drop it. I'm debating bringing in that UPC sheet and asking the manager if I could get it for $1.97 since that's what the game itself rings up in the system, but I doubt he'd budge on it.

[quote name='arcane93']Anyone know if Dead Space Extraction dropped again? $14.97 was too much for it, but if it's under $10 now I may have to grab it.[/QUOTE]
I think I remember it still being $15 when I checked on Friday. I would have picked it up at $10 myself. Maybe by May. :p

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']I mean, to be honest, yeah- if the sticker peeled right off, I probably would have done it to begin with. I wouldn't call making it possible for an employee to scan and charge me for the actual game fraud, though. Sure, swapping stickers/barcodes is a crime. What bothers me is that a lot of people could still find the exact same game at their Sears without that sticker on it and get it for $11 cheaper. Otherwise, I would just drop it. I'm debating bringing in that UPC sheet and asking the manager if I could get it for $1.97 since that's what the game itself rings up in the system, but I doubt he'd budge on it.[/QUOTE]

But what you fail to understand is that the games WITH that sticker are a special lot that Sears/Kmart purchased and that they didn't just slap a new UPC sticker on clearanced copies of the game.

So it is wrong, no matter how you look at it. If it wasn't wrong, then why would you care if the employee saw the sticker residue from ripping it off there? Fear of being caught? Knowing what you did is wrong, illegal and could get you in serious trouble?

If so, why not just rip it off in front of the employees?

Any way you try to justify it, it's still wrong and you know it.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']But what you fail to understand is that the games WITH that sticker are a special lot that Sears/Kmart purchased and that they didn't just slap a new UPC sticker on clearanced copies of the game.

So it is wrong, no matter how you look at it. If it wasn't wrong, then why would you care if the employee saw the sticker residue from ripping it off there? Fear of being caught? Knowing what you did is wrong, illegal and could get you in serious trouble?

Any way you try to justify it, it's still wrong and you know it.[/QUOTE]

yea he knows its wrong thats probably why he didnt do it, but we should give him a break, The thought has crossed my mind. the key is not acting on it. hes not a criminal for thinking about it though

This sale reminds me of why i hate Sears ), saw Fallout 3 GOTY also and the guy wouldnt even take it down to scan.

Gonna have to make a trip back tommorow, good thing they had a few copies though

Grabbed a Fuzion Frenzy2 and two Viva Pinatas for 360, $4.97 a piece.

And two RedBull DS games, couldn't resist at $.97.

Lips Bundle STILL ringing up at full price, and MK vs DCU which scanned at under $4 last time I checked when they didn't have copies is now back in stock but back up to $29.99. :cry:

Has anyone been to the sears in downtown Chicago on state street? Do they have a clearance? I want to go check it out but I hate walking out of stores empty handed.

[quote name='dgwillia006']This sale reminds me of why i hate Sears ), saw Fallout 3 GOTY also and the guy wouldnt even take it down to scan.

Gonna have to make a trip back tommorow, good thing they had a few copies though[/QUOTE]

man thats sucks

thats when I call over a manager... even if your wrong they should still do whatever you ask...thats good customer service

my sears never has a problem scanning my games...but they aren't always locked up though

so anyone play this redbull game?

[quote name='dgwillia006']This sale reminds me of why i hate Sears ), saw Fallout 3 GOTY also and the guy wouldnt even take it down to scan.

Gonna have to make a trip back tommorow, good thing they had a few copies though[/QUOTE]

That's when I'd have requested to talk to a manager. Most times when I want something scanned, it's only cuz it's marked wrong and locked up in the fuckin' case. Otherwise, I just grab the game(s) off the shelf or out of the bin they're in and take them a quarter of the store away to the nearest scanner. Then, after I've found out the prices, I put back the ones that don't ring up the price I want, buy the ones I do and I'm out the door.

I still get a kick out of the employees who won't help you for shit, even as you're milling about electronics and the game section for 20 minutes. But as others have said, they make some sort of commission on tv's and shit like that and nothing on games, so I guess they figure why should they help you when they won't make anything.:roll:

Just ask for a manager next time and watch how helpful they get REAL quick. Some might consider it a 'dick move' to call for a manager and get people in trouble, but as I've said before in this economy other people are lined up waiting for even these retail jobs and those replacements might do the job with a smile and be helpful to EVERY customer.:)

^^ I 100% agree with you. CUSTOMERS shouldnt need to get a manager involved because you were trying to get the employee to do THEIR JOB! The work ethics in this country have really gone to shit the last 10 years or so.

[quote name='bredbu']yea he knows its wrong thats probably why he didnt do it, but we should give him a break, The thought has crossed my mind. the key is not acting on it. hes not a criminal for thinking about it though[/QUOTE]

Not a criminal. Just a shady person.

Yeah, everyone has thought "man, if i rip this sticker off, i'd get it for $2.99 but this stupid generic sticker is on it. " Then about 1/2 a second later, the thought leaves and they shrug and move on. People don't get upset about it.

Come on guys, is it really that important to get STRANGLEHOLD of all games by committing fraud?

[quote name='confoosious']Come on guys, is it really that important to get STRANGLEHOLD of all games by committing fraud?[/QUOTE]

Not really. I had it from Kmart's clearance and it was so-so. I finally cracked it open a few nights before I sold it to a local shop for $6-7. I only paid maybe $2 or so for it, so I got to try it for wayyyy cheaper than a rental and I sold it when I didn't like it.

That's why I like when Sears and Kmart have their cases cluttered and nothing properly marked. It means I get to find stuff for 90% off more often.;)

I tried calling a couple of my local sears to see if they had Metroid Trilogy but I got put through to a "call center" not to the actual stores themselves. Do these "call centers" have accurate inventory on clearance games?

[quote name='JAlbertL']I tried calling a couple of my local sears to see if they had Metroid Trilogy but I got put through to a "call center" not to the actual stores themselves. Do these "call centers" have accurate inventory on clearance games?[/QUOTE]

Just go to the stores personally. As long as they're not 100 miles away, you're better off checking in person. Because if an employee who may not work on updating the prices/stickers regularly is working and a gamer AND sees the cheap price, they may tell you it's not in stock on the phone and then buy it on their break.

[quote name='kk012']Are most Sears willing to let you buy an item from one store and return/rebuy it at another store?

I've been waiting for that :ds: Castlevania:OoE to drop at that one store for months.[/QUOTE]

It's YMMV. To be honest I was surprised they let me do it. But I went in with the notion of worse case scenario being, that they wouldn't let me do it and that I would return it there for the full price I paid for it at the other sears. Then it would get put back out on the floor another day, and I might be able to snagged it then if I was lucky or make someone's else day. Either way I would only be out a little time and aggravation. Of course it does help to already know that the price is lower at that sears your trying to return it to. Nothing like trying to go through all that only to find out it's still ringing up at 29.99. :roll:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']TNA Wrestling is a glitchy mess though, so it's worth $.97 maybe, but the other two bucks would be best used to buy some greasy/unhealthy food at Mickey D's.:D;)
[/QUOTE]

Exactly! Actually I was thinking that those two bucks would better be of use towards a game I actually wanted.:lol:

The closest Sears was a mix of games scanning as reported or scanning at sticker price - one in particular, Metroid Trilogy Wii scanned @ $49.99. I did pick up a copy of FFIV DS for $8 after my Rewards...so that was nice. It's surprising that this Sears is inconsistent - it used to be right in line with reported prices, just nothing was marked. Now, they're marking more things correctly, but there's less consistent pricing. Odd...

finally found something at my local sears

Ultimate Alliance 2 (ps3)
Lego Rockband 2 (ps3)

both for $14.97 each. :D, they didn't have Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 (sadface) which is what i really wanted but these will do.

[quote name='wormraper']finally found something at my local sears

ultimate alliance 2 (ps3)
lego rockband 2 (ps3)

both for $14.97 each. :d, they didn't have ninja gaiden sigma 2 (sadface) which is what i really wanted but these will do.[/quote]
:eek:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']But what you fail to understand is that the games WITH that sticker are a special lot that Sears/Kmart purchased and that they didn't just slap a new UPC sticker on clearanced copies of the game.

Any way you try to justify it, it's still wrong and you know it.[/QUOTE]

I guess I just don't understand how some of the big corporations work. Why should I have to pay $11 more for a game because I'm paying for a special batch of games they bought? Is it because they won't profit otherwise? Am I not paying for the same game as everyone else? It would be like having to pay extra for a DVD because it wasn't first print. I'm still debating scanning the barcode on the price scanner for the manager/an employee to show them what the actual game would ring up as. And if they're willing to let me have it for that price, that would be great. But if not...

[quote name='confoosious']Come on guys, is it really that important to get STRANGLEHOLD of all games by committing fraud?[/QUOTE]
That's pretty much what it boils down to for me. :p I've already got the game, and I think it's pretty fun. The only reason I would want to buy it is for a friend who's showed some interest in it. I'll just let him borrow it if I can't get another for him to keep for a couple bucks.

Bottom line, if it's losing Sears money because they paid more for different-UPC'd games, I can see why taking the sticker off would be taking money from Sears, and therefore, stealing- which is why I wouldn't do it without asking an employee/the manager if it would be okay. I still stand by the fact that a game is a game, though, and if it's all right with my Sears, I'll be picking it up for a couple bucks. If I bother, I'll come back to let you all know how it went.

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']I guess I just don't understand how some of the big corporations work. Why should I have to pay $11 more for a game because I'm paying for a special batch of games they bought? Is it because they won't profit otherwise? Am I not paying for the same game as everyone else? It would be like having to pay extra for a DVD because it wasn't first print. I'm still debating scanning the barcode on the price scanner for the manager/an employee to show them what the actual game would ring up as. And if they're willing to let me have it for that price, that would be great. But if not...

That's pretty much what it boils down to for me. :p I've already got the game, and I think it's pretty fun. The only reason I would want to buy it is for a friend who's showed some interest in it. I'll just let him borrow it if I can't get another for him to keep for a couple bucks.

Bottom line, if it's losing Sears money because they paid more for different-UPC'd games, I can see why taking the sticker off would be taking money from Sears, and therefore, stealing- which is why I wouldn't do it without asking an employee/the manager if it would be okay. I still stand by the fact that a game is a game, though, and if it's all right with my Sears, I'll be picking it up for a couple bucks. If I bother, I'll come back to let you all know how it went.[/QUOTE]

Either way, whether you take the sticker off or if you get an employee to take it off for you to get you the cheap price, it's taking money from Sears on games they paid for a special lot of.

What's so wrong with letting your friend borrow your copy of the game after you get done with it? :roll:

Honestly, if it's just that you both want one for your 'collection', go to frickin' Gamestop's website. It's $10 used there for either version(360 or PS3)and with CAG16 + EDGE discount you could take it down to $7 something.

If anyone has an extra copy of Metroit Prime Trilogy, I'd be happy to buy it from you - I've checked all the sears here in Denver and none of them have it, hoping to get it for my nephew's bday next month.

During my trip to the sears here today I finally decided to pick up Wolfenstein for $14.97, I may pick up Dirt 2 tomorrow for GS's $25 promotion to use toward UFC Undisputed 2010 preorder.

If you're taking the stickers off of the games, you might as well put it on a $200 rock band bundle or something, that way you can get it for $15 and rip the company off even more.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']That's when I'd have requested to talk to a manager. Most times when I want something scanned, it's only cuz it's marked wrong and locked up in the fuckin' case. Otherwise, I just grab the game(s) off the shelf or out of the bin they're in and take them a quarter of the store away to the nearest scanner. Then, after I've found out the prices, I put back the ones that don't ring up the price I want, buy the ones I do and I'm out the door.

I still get a kick out of the employees who won't help you for shit, even as you're milling about electronics and the game section for 20 minutes. But as others have said, they make some sort of commission on tv's and shit like that and nothing on games, so I guess they figure why should they help you when they won't make anything.:roll:

Just ask for a manager next time and watch how helpful they get REAL quick. Some might consider it a 'dick move' to call for a manager and get people in trouble, but as I've said before in this economy other people are lined up waiting for even these retail jobs and those replacements might do the job with a smile and be helpful to EVERY customer.:)[/QUOTE]

With all the great clearance prices on relatively new games, I guess you have to deal with this consistently super bad customer service. I just took the Searsfeedback survey and put in a bad review of that electronics department. Since the guy in that department didn't want to help me, I had to grab an actually nice guy from home appliances to open up the glass case and ring up my video game purchase. I detailed this in the survey.

Now, I've decided it is much easier to print out UPCs for games I want to price check and scan them at the self price checker in Sears. I have, also, managed to carry out games half way across the store to scan them because the salespeople are too busy standing around and chatting in a group.

[quote name='kk012']With all the great clearance prices on relatively new games, I guess you have to deal with this consistently super bad customer service. I just took the Searsfeedback survey and put in a bad review of that electronics department. Since the guy in that department didn't want to help me, I had to grab an actually nice guy from home appliances to open up the glass case and ring up my video game purchase. I detailed this in the survey.

Now, I've decided it is much easier to print out UPCs for games I want to price check and scan them at the self price checker in Sears. I have, also, managed to carry out games half way across the store to scan them because the salespeople are too busy standing around and chatting in a group.[/QUOTE]

F that. If there's 4-5 idiots standing around yapping and not doing anything, I'm saying I need help to them. No one shows up, I ask someone in another department to get me the manager of the frickin' store.

It's their motherfuckin' job to provide customer service, even if it is for a lowly video game section they make nothing from. If they don't like doing so, then they can stand in the proverbial unemployment line like the millions of others and let one of those folks(aka me) take their place.

Then again, if I worked there I'd be trying to dissuade any fellow CAG's coming in from buying clearance shit till it's 90% off.;)

Woot, just scored at one sears! icked up:

2 Metroid Prime Trilogy Collector's Editions 13.97 each (still had the white 49.99 stickers)
1 NBA The Inside (Always wanted to play this series) 2.97
1 Spyborgs 2.97
1 Muramasa 14.97

I asked the guy about fallout 3 GOTY for ps3 and he said he found one lost in the back a while ago and checked the price, he ended up buying it for 2.97...

bread's done
Back