Official Sears Clearance Thread II - post Sears finds/deals here

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']But BB beats Amazon in that they're offering $30 for either version of Little Big Planet, when the game is already $30 new for either.;):D[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the tip ... was looking to dump my original LBP, after I picked up the GOTY for $20 due to a tag misprint at Best Buy. Nets me +$10 after trade in to BB.

Picked up Rock Revolution for PS3 for .97
and also for PS3 Tony Hawks proving ground for 1.99 (that might be off by a couple of cents)

I looked at some other games but passed:
TNA Impact 4.99 Xbox 360
Devil May Cry tons of copies, still marked 29.99 but Im sure it might be cheaper...anyone have a clue?

I had to go home for a job interview this afternoon, so when it was over I stopped by my Sears to see if they had anything worthwhile. I wasn't prepared for all the awesomeness.

All these were $14.97:

:ps3: Fallout 3 GotY
:ps3: LEGO Rock Band
:ps3: Motorstorm: Pacific Rift
:ps3: Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
:ps3: Singstar Vol. 2 Bundle
:ps3: Wet
:wii: A Boy and His Blob
:wii: Dead Space Extraction

And of course I'd find all these when I don't have much money. I'm hoping they'll all still be there in two weeks when I can go back with a fistful of cash. I also found :360: Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise for $4.97, which I picked up. I'd had my eye on it since before I got a 360, so it alone made the trip worth it.

Got :wii: Spyborgs for $3.97 tonight.

They had :ps3: Singstar Abba in the bin with a $9.97 clearance sticker on it, but when I took it up to the register, it rang up at $39.99. The cashier said that a manager would probably be willing to mark it down to that price, but I didn't care that much, so I didn't bother.

Saw that :ds: Red Bull game, but even at $0.97 (assuming it was that, it wasn't marked) I couldn't bring myself to go there. It looked so bad . . .

Damn, I'm jealous of those of you finding NGS2 for $14.97 -- all of the copies around here disappeared last month at $19.97, which was just a little more than I was willing to pay.

[quote name='arcane93']

Damn, I'm jealous of those of you finding NGS2 for $14.97 -- all of the copies around here disappeared last month at $19.97, which was just a little more than I was willing to pay.[/QUOTE]

There are 3 or 4 copies at a Sears by me but they were marked at $59.99...I didn't scan them as I still have a sealed copy of the original NGS that needs to be played first. I can check them for you next time.

Picked up Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 for the co-op feature. Anyone know if Wolfenstein is worth $15 or should I try to hold out another month and see if it goes lower. There's only a few copies left, so any CAG member can take them off the shelf at any time.

This might be a stupid question, but will a Sears store continue to mark down the price even if they no longer have the item in stock?

I bought the last copy of NGS2 for $19.9x less than a week before people started reporting it for $14.9x and would like to go and get credit back. It seems Sears prices are not all in synch so I'm afraid it won't be a system-wide price drop that would guarantee me the lower price.

[quote name='Mugen Power']This might be a stupid question, but will a Sears store continue to mark down the price even if they no longer have the item in stock?

I bought the last copy of NGS2 for $19.9x less than a week before people started reporting it for $14.9x and would like to go and get credit back. It seems Sears prices are not all in synch so I'm afraid it won't be a system-wide price drop that would guarantee me the lower price.[/QUOTE]

I can't promise it'll work at your sears but I did the same thing. I bought x4 Metroid Prime Trilogy all at one store two days before the monthly price drop (bought them all, so Out Of Stock at this point). When everyone said the price dropped, I went back to the same sears and used a UPC that I printed (instructions on the first post of the target thread and maybe others) at one of the self price checker machines. It showed "Was $19.97 Now $13.97". This price drop occured AFTER they were out of stock.

The electronics guy didn't really want to give me the money back because they were clearence, so I started to pull out the sears.com's policy on price protection (14 days, blah blah blah) and showed him that it didn't exclude clearence games, so I got the adjustment no problem. YMMV though, I suppose.

[quote name='tjm0711']Anyone know if Wolfenstein is worth $15 or should I try to hold out another month and see if it goes lower. There's only a few copies left, so any CAG member can take them off the shelf at any time.[/QUOTE]

Get it now, or you'll miss out on it altogether. You can always try to take it back and get it price-adjusted. Too many times I have waited for a game to drop lower, only to have it disappear before the next drop.

Well, good and bad news today....

Was going to pickup the 2 copies of MPT that have been lingering in my local store for 2 months....and they've finally disappeared!

On the other hand, 2 copies of NGS2 magically appeared! So I grabbed both and split. Not too bad of a deal! They still had a few copies of all the usual suspects (Wet, Wolfenstein, Brutal Legend etc for $15), but they can wait til the next drop. Only a few weeks away, anyway, right?

[quote name='jupiterjones']Well, good and bad news today....

Was going to pickup the 2 copies of MPT that have been lingering in my local store for 2 months....and they've finally disappeared!

On the other hand, 2 copies of NGS2 magically appeared! So I grabbed both and split. Not too bad of a deal! They still had a few copies of all the usual suspects (Wet, Wolfenstein, Brutal Legend etc for $15), but they can wait til the next drop. Only a few weeks away, anyway, right?[/QUOTE]

That sucks, I managed to snag the last 2 copies from one of my local sears that have just been lingering there also.

Picked up WET and Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 for 14.9x each, despite WET being marked as 19.99 and NG having no price sticker at all (like most of the games in the clearance area there).

They also had Prototype in the same clearance box. but it price checked at 29.99 instead of 14.9x like the rest.

Attention any Northern Jersey Cags having trouble finding Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2, PM me & I'll tell you what store has them. I don't want to post it here & have some FW or SD a-hole swipe them on you. This particular store had about 5 or so left. :)

Haven't checked out sears in a while, but dropped by today and got:

-Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
-Motorstorm PR
-Wolfentstein

All were marked at $20 but rang at $15. Also get Singstar V2 Bundle and Final Fantasy IV for $10, which were initially marked at $15. Gonna check out another Sears tomm. and hopefully they'll have Fallout GOTY.

I feel compelled to ask this every six months or so, but for those who have it at their store, is Persona 3(not the FES version) still ringing at MSRP?

[quote name='eastshore4']

I feel compelled to ask this every six months or so, but for those who have it at their store, is Persona 3(not the FES version) still ringing at MSRP?[/QUOTE]
I haven't checked mine in a couple weeks, but I remember someone commenting on it still being MSRP. I don't know if it is ever going to drop.

[quote name='shiningslade']Attention any Northern Jersey Cags having trouble finding Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2, PM me & I'll tell you what store has them. I don't want to post it here & have some FW or SD a-hole swipe them on you. This particular store had about 5 or so left. :)[/QUOTE]

I know of a Sears that had at least two Fallout 3 GOTY editions for PS3 as of last month.;) But I'm not saying where either, since those are MINE once they drop to $5 each.:booty:Then I might actually keep a copy......but probably not.

[quote name='formerroadie']Got Muramasa the Demon Blade (Wii) for $15 today![/QUOTE]
when i scored ninja gaiden sigma 2 and dirt 2, i noticed there were at least 7 copies of muramasa for $15. it made me a little sad that i couldn't play it b/c i dont have a wii and that the countless people w/ wiis left this gorgeous work of art rotting on a clearance stand.

[quote name='xDisciplex']Doubt they'll be there by the time they drop to $5..but hope you grab them at that price, just doubt they'll be there by then.[/QUOTE]

Hey now. Don't be jinxing me. I found a copy of Hot Shots Golf for $5 there and a Lips bundle for $5 and neither were marked.:razz:

So you never know. I just hope it doesn't take 6 months for them to drop to $5 though, since stuff only dropped $5 this month.:roll:

I don't think I've seen Madworld at ANY of the Sears stores I've been to. But if I see more Hot Shots Golf and Best Buy finally processes my trades paying me $20 credit each for the ones I sent, I'm grabbing more as long as the TIV stays the same.

Heck, I don't blame you. It's a steal getting such a good deal. I've been trying to get some new Wii games worth buying for clearance. So far, only Madworld and Metroid Prime interests me.

I know the store closest to me had MPT last month, though it's been in the Wii case unmarked for 2-3 months now. I haven't been back since last month though, so I don't know if it's still there.

[quote name='Devil May Cry']Heck, I don't blame you. It's a steal getting such a good deal. I've been trying to get some new Wii games worth buying for clearance. So far, only Madworld and Metroid Prime interests me.[/QUOTE]

Have you tried Kmart for Madworld? Its $4.97 if you find it, I managed to get the last one at my local Kmart. I have had zero luck at Sears all games are $19.99 or $29.99

[quote name='Dark Lord Greg']Have you tried Kmart for Madworld? Its $4.97 if you find it, I managed to get the last one at my local Kmart. I have had zero luck at Sears all games are $19.99 or $29.99[/QUOTE]

It's the exact opposite for me. I've only had luck at Sears, except for the closest one to me. I've never been successful at Kmart. I've seen clearance at Target, but it never gets low enough and it's never something I'm interested in. I think I saw R&CF: ToD at $7.48 last year, but that was back when I had it, so I didn't care. Now that I need to get another copy though...:bomb:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I know the store closest to me had MPT last month, though it's been in the Wii case unmarked for 2-3 months now. I haven't been back since last month though, so I don't know if it's still there.[/QUOTE]

1 left now :) btw i had that Lips bundle pricechecked at this store and it came up full price. o well

[quote name='lude21']1 left now :) btw i had that Lips bundle pricechecked at this store and it came up full price. o well[/QUOTE]

But you don't know where those Fallout 3 GOTY's are that I mentioned earlier, do ya?;)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='erehwon']I haven't checked mine in a couple weeks, but I remember someone commenting on it still being MSRP. I don't know if it is ever going to drop.[/QUOTE]

I went back to return a game and brought a UPC of the game to check... yup, P3 still ringing at MRSP. On the plus side the one at my local KMart has dropped to $24.97

Quick question about clearance games, do they ever REVERT back to MSRP or anything? I noticed my local Sears had a few copies of the original Bioshock for PS3... I remember that was only like $10 a good six+ months ago. I might go back to pick one up, but I just wanted to make sure it wasn't going to jump back up to retail price.

[quote name='eastshore4']I went back to return a game and brought a UPC of the game to check... yup, P3 still ringing at MRSP. On the plus side the one at my local KMart has dropped to $24.97

Quick question about clearance games, do they ever REVERT back to MSRP or anything? I noticed my local Sears had a few copies of the original Bioshock for PS3... I remember that was only like $10 a good six+ months ago. I might go back to pick one up, but I just wanted to make sure it wasn't going to jump back up to retail price.[/QUOTE]

one in my area was $19.99 and I have hear prices do jump back up in price

[quote name='josh62488']one in my area was $19.99 and I have hear prices do jump back up in price[/QUOTE]

Yeah, for instance - Prince of Persia PS3 was ringing up $14.97 one month ago. Checked it yesterday - back up to $19.97. Was going to pick it up for sub $10, but I can wait some more....

[quote name='jupiterjones']Yeah, for instance - Prince of Persia PS3 was ringing up $14.97 one month ago. Checked it yesterday - back up to $19.97. Was going to pick it up for sub $10, but I can wait some more....[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I was pretty bummed about MKvsDCU. When it scanned at

Condemned 2 for the 360 is another game that went back up in price, I saw one tagged for $9.97 a couple of months ago. I took it to the price checker since I figured it was $1.97 or some low price. It scanned $39.99. They probably would have given me the $9.97 price but I didn't try to buy it.

[quote name='Masterkyo']viva pinata PH version is $5 at my local sears. Still 2 left :)[/QUOTE]

I saw Viva Pinata with the special edition packaging for $4.97.

picked up spiderman web of shadows xbox 360 for 2.97 plus tax, they had a copy of fallout 3 GOTY ps3 but there was no plastic wrap, i took it up to the register and the 2 kids acted shady about it. I really wanted a copy but that was all they had, i'll go back 2mmrow and ask someone to scan some games.

Got Viva Pinata TIP for $5 and Dead Space Extraction for $15. Also finally found an old version Classic Controller for the Wii, 1 left! Full price, but man have I wanted one of those over the new one coming out tomorrow.

Wish I could find that Muramasa, though.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']Got Viva Pinata TIP for $5 and Dead Space Extraction for $15. Also finally found an old version Classic Controller for the Wii, 1 left! Full price, but man have I wanted one of those over the new one coming out tomorrow.

Wish I could find that Muramasa, though.[/QUOTE]

they had 2 copies left of Muramasa at mine, it said 19.99 on them, i'm gonna go back and get it scanned 2mmrow, u got fallout 3 GOTY ps3 at your store??

[quote name='tjm0711']Picked up Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 for the co-op feature. Anyone know if Wolfenstein is worth $15 or should I try to hold out another month and see if it goes lower. There's only a few copies left, so any CAG member can take them off the shelf at any time.[/QUOTE]

I have this on PS3 and found it to be a very enjoyable shooter.

kings plaza in brooklyn, NY

ps3
Had a lot of Fallout GOTY, about 10.
wolfenstien too

picked both up for $14

no xbox 360 games tho

thanks op

[quote name='atrsixaild']kings plaza in brooklyn, NY

ps3
Had a lot of Fallout GOTY, about 10.
wolfenstien too

picked both up for $14

no xbox 360 games tho

thanks op[/QUOTE]

Any chance you could pick up Fallout GOTY for me. I'll pay for it + shipping + some money for your troubles.

[quote name='dmz5e']Any chance you could pick up Fallout GOTY for me. I'll pay for it + shipping + some money for your troubles.[/QUOTE]

No begging newb ... there is a thread for that ... better yet, just pm the member with your request ....

[quote name='donut']No begging newb ... there is a thread for that ... better yet, just pm the member with your request ....[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I PM'd him. I'll keep that in mind next time.

bread's done
Back