Official Sears Clearance Thread II - post Sears finds/deals here

Checked out the Sears on Harlem and North here in Chicago today and picked up a copy of :wii:Muramasa for $14.97 + tax. Happy happy, joy joy! :bouncy:

Sears Grande in Westlake, OH had a bunch of copies of Wolfenstein, Far Cry 2 and Motorstorm Pacific Rift for $15. All PS3 versions.

Finally found Dirt 2 but it was for :ps3: for $14.98 where's the :360: gone? =( I picked up WET :360: for $14.98. Saw Far Cry 2 for $19.98 :360: viva pinata $4.98 :360: Mirrors edge :ps3::360: $19.98, Hawx :360: 19.98 and some older games can't.

I did see one copy of Muramasa :wii: for $19.98 though is the 14.xx YMMV or is it going to ring up 14.xx if tagged at 19.xx? game any good? I saw ppl talking about it but did not check out gameplay before i headed out to sears.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='shoe478']If I give you Bioshock will you quit telling that damn story? :)[/QUOTE]

Classic, shoe! Ironically, you've got all of the sarcastic wit of IATCG, minus the longwinded-ness.

[quote name='gxer2002']
I did see one copy of Muramasa :wii: for $19.98 though is the 14.xx YMMV or is it going to ring up 14.xx if tagged at 19.xx? game any good? I saw ppl talking about it but did not check out gameplay before i headed out to sears.[/QUOTE]

The Muramasa I picked up had the $19.97 price tag on it which was my magic number for picking up the game anyhow but was pleasantly surprised when it rang up $14.97 instead. Never hurts to just have it scanned to check.

As for if it's any good, I started playing it when I got home and so far I'm enjoying it much more than Odin Sphere, a previous VanillaWare game.

[quote name='Vector']The Muramasa I picked up had the $19.97 price tag on it which was my magic number for picking up the game anyhow but was pleasantly surprised when it rang up $14.97 instead. Never hurts to just have it scanned to check.

As for if it's any good, I started playing it when I got home and so far I'm enjoying it much more than Odin Sphere, a previous VanillaWare game.[/QUOTE]

I should have scanned it when i saw it. I'll probably try to make another trip out there today or tomorrow. Thanks for the insight! :D

[quote name='josh62488']cheers to drops this week!

well at least im hoping

would sears not do clearance markdowns due to mother's day?[/QUOTE]

Don't see why that would stop them. Anyway the drops usually happen on Friday, so that's the day to go in there and scan.

swung by today and they still have onyl one clearance item at my store... Fallout 3 GotY PS3... they have it on 360 as well but not clearanced and the 360 one is the one I want.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']swung by today and they still have onyl one clearance item at my store... Fallout 3 GotY PS3... they have it on 360 as well but not clearanced and the 360 one is the one I want.[/QUOTE]

How much is fallout 3 GOTY on clearance for?

[quote name='gxer2002']How much is fallout 3 GOTY on clearance for?[/QUOTE]

$14.xx. Should drop down to $9.xx this coming week or so. Maybe even $4.xx if we're lucky.

I haven't been to Sears in a long time, but it looks like I need to make a trip. Muramasa and A Boy and his Blob for $15 and maybe even a further price drop coming? Fallout 3 GOTY I wish was for 360. Maybe at the coming price drop?

Also, what is the price on Metroid Prime Trilogy? I really want to get a copy of that. It's on clearance?

[quote name='crunchewy']I haven't been to Sears in a long time, but it looks like I need to make a trip. Muramasa and A Boy and his Blob for $15 and maybe even a further price drop coming? Fallout 3 GOTY I wish was for 360. Maybe at the coming price drop?

Also, what is the price on Metroid Prime Trilogy? I really want to get a copy of that. It's on clearance?[/QUOTE]

Lowest I saw it was $14.97, and that was pretty rare to see it last long enough to drop that far. They're hard to come by.

Wet (PS3) - 14.xx
Fallout 3 (360) - 19.99

The GoTY edition wasn't clearanced, everything was still stickered price. Did find a Kingdom Hearts 2 (non-GH) for $20

Transformers Revenge of the Fallen 14.xx :360: :ps3:

How do you guys know there's going to be a price drop or is it all speculation?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='gxer2002']Transformers Revenge of the Fallen 14.xx :360: :ps3:

How do you guys know there's going to be a price drop or is it all speculation?[/QUOTE]

The prices have been dropping every 1st or 2nd Friday of the month for awhile now.

[quote name='shoe478']The prices have been dropping every 1st or 2nd Friday of the month for awhile now.[/QUOTE]

Oo..thanks, did not know that.

Don't be surprised if things are different from now on. There's a new PCN system and I don't know how big of a difference it will make. I can no longer find out dates months ahead of time. So far don't know how to find out prices early either. Hopefully after a few drops I'll get the hang of the new system.

I hope they don't adopt KMart's clearance schedule of low price games not dropping (like how the $4.97 games stuck at $4.97 for another round of drops).

One thing that I hope does change is the YMMV of how some stores have clearance prices and others don't. I was at a store last Saturday I hadn't been to in a while and on my UPC sheet, almost everything was full price like Hot Shots Golf on PS3, Pikmin on Wii etc.

I picked up Singlstar Vol 2 w/mics @ the Sears next to PV mall in Paradise Valley, AZ for $9.97 over the weekend.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']I hope they don't adopt KMart's clearance schedule of low price games not dropping (like how the $4.97 games stuck at $4.97 for another round of drops).

One thing that I hope does change is the YMMV of how some stores have clearance prices and others don't. I was at a store last Saturday I hadn't been to in a while and on my UPC sheet, almost everything was full price like Hot Shots Golf on PS3, Pikmin on Wii etc.[/QUOTE]

I checked the other local Sears today and they either A) finally sold the damned 360 HD-DVD drive or B) like the one employee said they sent it back to the distributor/vendor.

It was coming up full price every damned time I had it checked.

And now this Sears has copies of Bioshock for PS3 on the shelf for $19.99 and not on clearance.:roll:

My Sears had done a drop on Monday (according to the service rep) and I snagged 4 titles:
9.97 5896481 PS3 Transformers:Revenge of the Fallen
9.97 5896484 PS3 Wet
9.97 5896356 PS3 MotorStorm:pacific Rift
9.97 5896489 PS3 Wolfenstein
Was pretty happy with my purchases... IATCG sorry if you already have that info or the numbers, thats what i copied off my receipt, wanted to try to help!

[quote name='jmarano7836']My Sears had done a drop on Monday (according to the service rep) and I snagged 4 titles:
9.97 5896484 PS3 Wet
Was pretty happy with my purchases... IATCG sorry if you already have that info or the numbers, thats what i copied off my receipt, wanted to try to help![/QUOTE]

Awesome! I will have to check out my local Sears and see if there are any good pickups.

[quote name='jmarano7836']My Sears had done a drop on Monday (according to the service rep) and I snagged 4 titles:
9.97 5896484 PS3 Wet
Was pretty happy with my purchases... IATCG sorry if you already have that info or the numbers, thats what i copied off my receipt, wanted to try to help![/QUOTE]
I don't have any of the info, since I'm usually one of the ones waiting here with everyone else hoping stuff dropped this month.

I should've checked the Sears I was at last night to see if they did the drops already, since I wouldn't mind picking up WET again for $10. Maybe I can practice enough to get good enough to get by the second level finally. LOL

My Sears either didn't drop or doesn't like to go with the flow. I found Hot Shots Golf at 2.97. If there had been drops, i'd imagine it'd have probably gone to 1.97.

[quote name='Interfeci']My Sears either didn't drop or doesn't like to go with the flow. I found Hot Shots Golf at 2.97. If there had been drops, i'd imagine it'd have probably gone to 1.97.[/QUOTE]

Please tell me you picked it up for that price...under $3? Totally worth it! Why wait for an extra buck?

I'll be checking my Sears in a few hours. I think I was there Sunday or Monday, I can't remember, and nothing dropped. But I'll report back here after I spot price check a few items.

Just checked and nothing. Checked a dozen games for all the systems
On a side not I was suprised to see all the games in the bins in alphebetical order and standing nicely instead of just thrown in there like I'm used to seeing... maybe this is in anticipation of tomorrow's price drop? Either way I will be there again tomorrow around the same time

havent been to sears for a while but managed to find wet for 14.97. graphics-wise, not all that great, but it's stupid fun.

[quote name='Masterkyo']$uck nothing update this week & last week.[/QUOTE]

I don't get why everyone's jumping the gun with this. We know the pattern by now, drops happen on Friday. We're most likely to see a drop tomorrow, and any stores that have done their drops early are more likely anomalies than anything. Patience!

Wet was still $14.97 at my Sears. I left it there but picked up GH Metallica PS3 for that price.

I have $10 to Amazon for video games, which would bring Wet down to about $8 and change, might get it there.

[quote name='arcane93']I don't get why everyone's jumping the gun with this. We know the pattern by now, drops happen on Friday. We're most likely to see a drop tomorrow, and any stores that have done their drops early are more likely anomalies than anything. Patience![/QUOTE]

I guess you missed this post.

[quote name='ferant316']Don't be surprised if things are different from now on. There's a new PCN system and I don't know how big of a difference it will make. I can no longer find out dates months ahead of time. So far don't know how to find out prices early either. Hopefully after a few drops I'll get the hang of the new system.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='shoe478']I guess you missed this post.[/QUOTE]

Nothing in that post says that the drop schedule is going to change, it just says that it may change he can't confirm the date ahead of time. I'm just saying that there's no point in worrying about it too much until after the normal drop date has passed and nothing happens. People lamenting the fact that there haven't been drops yet are being too impatient, given that under the normal schedule as it has been we wouldn't have seen them yet anyway.

I think everyone thought the drops were earlier because of that post earlier on this page where they said games dropped in price on Monday.

My local Sears was also still on April drops (I only checked since it was a few minutes away)

[quote name='arcane93']Nothing in that post says that the drop schedule is going to change, it just says that it may change he can't confirm the date ahead of time. I'm just saying that there's no point in worrying about it too much until after the normal drop date has passed and nothing happens. People lamenting the fact that there haven't been drops yet are being too impatient, given that under the normal schedule as it has been we wouldn't have seen them yet anyway.[/QUOTE]
WTF! Reasonable thoughts? You should get banned for shit like this.:lol:

[quote name='YoshiFan1']I think everyone thought the drops were earlier because of that post earlier on this page where they said games dropped in price on Monday.

My local Sears was also still on April drops (I only checked since it was a few minutes away)[/QUOTE]

When you say april drops is it because the sticker says april? I noticed the ones i've seen has MAR

[quote name='deletion']havent been to sears for a while but managed to find wet for 14.97. graphics-wise, not all that great, but it's stupid fun.[/QUOTE]

the graphics remind me of house of the dead overkill :wii:

Clearance eve at Sears (and ironically I have a interview for Sears electronics dept tomorrow too, just looking for 2 days a week to get away from the home business, so maybe I can lend help in the future)

Will probably scan in the AM like usual and we'll see what kinda drops we got.

So if I hit up Sears when they open, will the price drops have happened already or does it sometimes take a short time for the system to update? I'll go there at open if the price drops will have already happened.

bread's done
Back