Official Sears Clearance Thread II - post Sears finds/deals here

Mass Effect PS3 - 1.97
Modnation Racers vita - 1.97
360 wireless headset w/Bluetooth - 14.97
MW3 360/PS3 - 9.97
Skyrim 360 14.97
Halo Anniversary - 9.97

Scored a Wii system with New Super Mario and music cd for $75.97,Halo Anniversary for $9.97, Wii U charge stand for $1.97 and a few PNY 8 gig flash drives for $2.97

Last edited by a moderator:
Picked up a PS3 copy of MW3 for 9.97. It was tagged at 49.99 in the case. As usual, when I asked for a price check the response I got was 49.99 as the clerk read the tag. When I insisted, the standard sigh ensued. He opened the case and proceeded to check it acting all smug. For the 100th time, when it rang up 9.97, I got the "oh wow" surprise.

Just another day shopping Sears clearance.

I know. When I bought the Mass Effect 3 yesterday and it rang up $1.97 the clerk said that's a mistake, chuckled, and called a manager over to do an upwards price override. They weren't sure what to charge so they just let it go for $1.97, grudgingly.

Picked up a PS3 copy of MW3 for 9.97. It was tagged at 49.99 in the case. As usual, when I asked for a price check the response I got was 49.99 as the clerk read the tag. When I insisted, the standard sigh ensued. He opened the case and proceeded to check it acting all smug. For the 100th time, when it rang up 9.97, I got the "oh wow" surprise.

Just another day shopping Sears clearance.
That used to be my experience with Circuit City clearance. The managers would have a flying kinipshit when stuff was still marked $50 but came up $4 on the registers. They would re-ring them 3-5x and then finally begrudgingly give in and let you buy them. Then they'd ask you how you knew it would be $3-4. You would think a manager would know the markdowns in their own stores.:lol:

Just went to sears at Barton Creek in Austin and mario kart 7 was marked 39.xx and rang up the same price.

No other the the previously mentioned games were stocked, but they did have the wii u charging cradles for 1.97.

Picked up a 360 wireless headset. Passed up ax Payne 3 and Halo Ann.
I'm really happy that I decided to get one the other day. Now I can use the same headset for 360 and my phone and I can get rid of the PS3 Bluetooth I was using solely for my phone.

grabbed ME3 for 1.97 today. really didnt have dick in the games section. it took the guy like 15 minutes to check the price on 4 games with his ipad, even then GOW origins was not in the system. "it must be 19.97 then".

right. just like skyrim was "59.99" (19.99 after scan).

YMMV because it was at a Puerto Rico store (but I've found things are generally the same):

:360:  Max Payne 3 - $9.97 (still had the white bar code sticker for 14.97, but a pink clearance sticker with 9.97)

grabbed ME3 for 1.97 today. really didnt have dick in the games section. it took the guy like 15 minutes to check the price on 4 games with his ipad, even then GOW origins was not in the system. "it must be 19.97 then".

right. just like skyrim was "59.99" (19.99 after scan).
Oh God not the ipad. What is that all about? Any time you try to buy something at Sears and the guy reaches for the ipad...you know you're in for an awkward five minutes of standing there waiting while he's trying to figure out what to do.

Oh God not the ipad. What is that all about? Any time you try to buy something at Sears and the guy reaches for the ipad...you know you're in for an awkward five minutes of standing there waiting while he's trying to figure out what to do.
Apparently a lot of stores are now requiring Electronics, Appliances, and I think Tools/Hardware to use the iPads to check out. If you go to another department to check out you ought to be fine.

Apparently a lot of stores are now requiring Electronics, Appliances, and I think Tools/Hardware to use the iPads to check out. If you go to another department to check out you ought to be fine.
Checking out at Sears is annoying enough as it is now with the cashiers being forced to shill for their Shop Your Way Rewards(2% back, big deal), the multiple credit cards they have to offer customers to sign up for and the protection plans on every damn thing in the store now. It's getting so it's actually less of a hassle to go to Gamestop to buy gaming items than Sears with all that rigmarole the reps have to go through and try to get you to agree to.

The Sears closest to me has only a handful of games and no discounted systems.  If anyone is able and willing to snare a DS in any color except blue, I'd be willing to reimburse as my girlfriend's birthday is coming up and we went to Sears just to check for those.  Just PM if you happen to see an extra.

So, is it just the vita card cases that might be going for under $1 or are we talking about a carrying case for the vita? Some of the post are confusing me.

so grabbed another copy of Modnation racers, price: $0.99 (half off marked price)
It was still $1.97 at the store I stopped at but grabbed the only copy. Even if it's junk GS is still giving $4 base right now.

So, is it just the vita card cases that might be going for under $1 or are we talking about a carrying case for the vita? Some of the post are confusing me.
It's the card case that's 97 cents. It's a pretty nice little case that holds eight game cards and two memory cards. Unfortunately almost everything I have for Vita is digital so it didn't make sense to cave and get another one.

These are probably more YMMV than most because it's in Puerto Rico, but the Sears here sometimes have the same deals as the mainland. Last week I saw that the Skylanders sale had ended but that it looked like they were entering the clearance cycle (with the pink stickers for 25% off of the $59.99 price),so not a great deal, but could be the start of something (this was at Plaza las Americas, FWIW). Tonight (at Plaza Carolina) they were on a table as a manager's special with the handwritten signs - 3DS for $14.97 and  :ps3: and :360: for $19.97. 

Edit: I should have made it clear - this is for the starter packs (with portal and 3 figures) of the regular version (not Giants).

Last edited by a moderator:
This is probably huge YMMV but I picked up a new Xbox wireless controller (upc 885370114843, [SIZE=10pt]Sears  Item#  05892021000) on clearance for $7.47. The Guy said they had four of five at that price, so maybe it’s nationwide. They also had PS3 Move controllers for $11.xx and Kindles touchs for $35.xx.  This was in Torrance, CA.[/SIZE]

This is probably huge YMMV but I picked up a new Xbox wireless controller (upc 885370114843, [SIZE=10pt]Sears Item# 05892021000) on clearance for $7.47. The Guy said they had four of five at that price, so maybe it’s nationwide. They also had PS3 Move controllers for $11.xx and Kindles touchs for $35.xx. This was in Torrance, CA.[/SIZE]

I checked a couple of Xbox controllers. 1 was on clearance, but for $3x.xx.

Checked Sears today and the only gaming clearance was things that were $20 more expensive than anywhere else.  They did mark down the first party Nook HD+ cases some more finally so got the last black one.  Still have a pile of Panasonic headphones for $15-20 (75% off) that don't seem to be moving at all.

3ds earbuds 4.97 (50%off)

action replay 3ds 6.97(70%off)

nintendo land wii u 49.97 (kind of laughable really)

nothing good really

I should have worded it better. The system is $119.97 and comes with super mario 3d land. Sucks though because I bought two of my kids 2ds's on saturday and could have got them these and saved money
Doesn't suck if your kids are under 7. Too many irresponsible parents buying those things for their kids, not knowing if the 3D is f'ing up their eyesight and not respecting the age requirement.

Also, that bundle is going for $190-ish to $209 according to eBay/Amazon. Good score!

So I just got an email saying "make any tools purchase and get an extra 4000 points for that purchase"

If I buy a $.02  screw along with a something for $5, would that take the rest of the 4k points off the $5 item?

I just found a copy of Mario Kart DS for $6.97 at the Walden Galleria Sears in Buffalo, NY.

If you have this title at a Sears near you the game probably won't ring up via the UPC on the back, and definitely won't ring up on their iPads, they had to use a regular register and the special Sears barcode to get it to ring up correctly.  This is the original copy with the black case.

I went to my local Sears for the first time in ages. The video game section barely exists anymore. They had one case with systems at the front of the aisle, the aisle itself was a bunch of random accessories, and the few games were in an end cap case. This place used to have an aisle full of games AND extra displays around the electronics area for them.

bread's done
Back