Official Sears Clearance Thread II - post Sears finds/deals here

I also picked up a regular wii Mario Kart for $10 sealed, game only. I think I have exhausted all the local Sears for cheap games. They have hardly any games now.  They also had Wii U systems at $350 still.

this thread is back from the dead, just in time for Sears funeral in the gaming department.

went to a sears the other day while buying clothes for my gf at the mall, and literally there was nothing worth noting. MK Komplete PS3- 59.96. Halo 4 39.96. Mario Kart DS 29.96. If those are the actual prices, good luck guys and just move the stock to a kmart.

also saw the xbl starter kit for 69 bucks on "clearance". maybe in a couple months it will be worth it.

Just picked up Assassin's Creed 3 PS3 for $9.97 - although it technically it cost me nothing. I received an email from SYWR this morning accouncing that I had 10,000 Surprise Points in my account til the 23rd. So, I promptly ran to Sears looking for a good deal on PSN cards, but they were clean out. :( Thankfully, they had one copy left of AC3 on the cheap, so I grabbed that instead.

Bottom Line: Check your emails for points!!!

I haven't been to Sears in a long time (about 6 months), but I do remember the local store had the stand alone Mario Kart Wii, so I might have to swing down there to try my luck.

Bump!

The Sears here in western NY, was rolling out there clearence this week. I seen some games.

Kirby's Return to DreamLand Wii $4.99 (bought this great deal)

Nintendoland Wii U $9.99 (already had)

Of course YMMV

Last edited by a moderator:
Sears clearance lives! I saw the following this weekend at one of my stores:

:wii: Kirby's Return to Dream Land $9.97 (missed out on this one)

:wiiu: Nintendoland $13.97

:wii: Just Dance 3 $10.97

:360: Assassins Creed 3 $10.97

:3ds: Elite Travel Case $3.97

Not much, but the first significant clearance I've seen in almost a year. Worth it to stop by your locals if you can find Kirby.

Sears clearance lives! I saw the following this weekend at one of my stores: :wii: Kirby's Return to Dream Land $9.97 (missed out on this one) :wiiu: Nintendoland $13.97 :wii: Just Dance 3 $10.97 :360: Assassins Creed 3 $10.97 :3ds: Elite Travel Case $3.97 Not much, but the first significant clearance I've seen in almost a year. Worth it to stop by your locals if you can find Kirby.
All of these must be store-specific. I scanned Kirby on Friday and it was $49.99. I saw on the screen, so I know.

I've only been checking out sears every 6-12 months for the last two years because they cleared out all their games and had a very small selection left.  I was told that they were "only going to keep new games".  So far it's been true and they've had nothing on clearance.

I'm assuming it's not just me since this thread used to be extremely active and it's basically dead now?

Would love to have a Kirby returns to Dreamland. That's an amazing price on it. Nintendo recently dropped the MSRP on a few Wii games like Galaxy 2 and I hoped they would for Kirby but it never happened. Would love to find it on clearance!

I've only been checking out sears every 6-12 months for the last two years because they cleared out all their games and had a very small selection left. I was told that they were "only going to keep new games". So far it's been true and they've had nothing on clearance.

I'm assuming it's not just me since this thread used to be extremely active and it's basically dead now?
Pretty much. My Sears was never great but it produced an occasional gem every once in awhile. Now its one tiny case with new releases all the time. Haven't bothered actively searching a Sears in a long time because of that.

Are there Xbox gift cards at Sears/Kmart? I have a $3 dollar SYWR credit thats going to expire and can't find anything online if they sell those in store.

st
Are there Xbox gift cards at Sears/Kmart? I have a $3 dollar SYWR credit thats going to expire and can't find anything online if they sell those in store.
Most Sears and Kmart stores I've seen have them.

Edit - Kmart may be a better bet, I think they generally have more extensive gaming sections.

If it's in a clamshell, you should be fine but I tried using my sywr points on an itunes card and it wouldn't apply the points to it so I'm not sure it would work with the xbox cards too.

Saw but did not buy:

:360: Assassin's Creed III $14.97

Did buy:

:3ds:  BD&A Elite Transporter Case $4.97

The link from Amazon just gives an idea regarding what the case looks like.  While I do not need this case for normal everyday transport (my back pocket does the trick for me usually), this will be awesome to travel with if I need it.

And I'm going to point out that I have a $34 one locked in and am going to Sears first thing tomorrow morning (today) to try to find it.
It's available on the Sears website for the low, low price of $70 via Marketplace over-priced gouging. Yikes. Will definitely stop after work and check for one, I'm fairly sure no one buys a damn thing in that section, ever.

So are these games marked at the clearance prices? Or do they ring up like Kmart clearance? I thought I had finally struck gold when I saw a Return to Dreamland in the case, stickered $49.99 and it rang up as that price. Dammit, at least I know there's one there.

Saw Mario Tennis Open for $14.97
Pretty sure my store had it marked for $9.97. I may be wrong though.

Hadn't been in my store for awhile. They had X1s in stock and also had a few X1/PS4 titles. Had a couple Uncharted PS3 bundles as well

I grabbed 2 of the DS cases though. Trade already locked into Amazon. Thanks for the heads up.

So are these games marked at the clearance prices? Or do they ring up like Kmart clearance? I thought I had finally struck gold when I saw a Return to Dreamland in the case, stickered $49.99 and it rang up as that price. Dammit, at least I know there's one there.
The price in the system is what the price is. The "marked" price is like the points: it doesn't matter. (+1 cookie to anyone who gets the reference)

They had all of the clearence games marked down, and put on a table that had a extra 50 percent off for me. I got lucky getting kirby for $4.99

Visited the Sears Grand in Cape Girardeau, MO a couple weeks ago.

Pretty sad selection of gaming stuff. They also removed their toy section which was usually horribly stocked.

Place is usually a ghost town...

The Sears on Madison and Dearborn in Chicago is closing in April. They just started marking down prices so nothing major. They don't have that many games since they clearance everything out last year. I will check them out almost every week for the deals. I'm interested in a cheap Xbox 360 and some 3DS games. 

I went to Sears this morning to get a plane to shave down a door to fit in my house and they had 6 big box black 3DS systems, I had an employee I know scan them but they are out of system. He put them aside and is going to ask the manager if they can sell them to me and for what price as the RTV time period has passed so it is that or throw them in the dumpster (yes I am serious.)

RANT:
As someone that used to be the electronics/appliances manager at Sears it amazes me how often me and other people on here have found stuff out of system over the years. They print out sheets every month for 6 months before they go out of system and the last month before they go OOS you get an inventory count of all VOM merchandise printed EVERY DAY with the purpose of gathering them all and placing them in a central location (usually with a Manager's Special Discount) to get rid of them before they go OOS.

Then if somehow you miss all that and STILL don't get rid of the merchandise once they go OOS it prints a sheet asking you to gather all the items and return them to the vendor (RTV) to get credit back for unsold merchandise. You have to sign off that you returned them and write off any items you don't send back, and the dollar value of all items you RTV or write off counts against you on your reviews when it comes to raises, promotions or hell even keeping your job. Even more, every year Sears has a certification team (called RCC or Retail Core Compliance) come in and scour through all your paperwork looking for things like OOS merchandise that was not returned, shrink, etc. If you fail that certification you are hitting the unemployment line.

Sorry for going off on a rant but I just really don't understand how this happens so often with everything that the company does to prevent it. I really hope they sell me those 3DS systems and don't send perfectly good new 3DS systems to the great game system graveyard in the sky.

I don't understand how this happens either, must be either lazy employees or employees who are stashing things away for themselves. The electronics department at Sears doesn't have that much merchandise in it either, so it should be pretty easy to keep track of everything in it. Most of it is large TV's (pretty hard to lose) and a few shelves of games and accessories. Its not like BB which is a giant store where merchandise could get lost easily. Either way I can't blame them since its a crappy job that pays minimum wage so whatever perks they can get they probably deserve. The 3DS's are always locked up so I don't think anyone has access to those unless its an employee, its not like a customer can reach in and pull them out and put them elsewhere in the store.

You really want a bad one? I found a launch copy of Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 complete with artbook and CD (Released August 14, 2007) in a clearance bin at a Sears over the summer. It was still full price.
I have found the same one for full price as well actually! It was the only PS2 game they had and was in the glass case with the systems.

I don't understand how this happens either, must be either lazy employees or employees who are stashing things away for themselves. The electronics department at Sears doesn't have that much merchandise in it either, so it should be pretty easy to keep track of everything in it. Most of it is large TV's (pretty hard to lose) and a few shelves of games and accessories. Its not like BB which is a giant store where merchandise could get lost easily. Either way I can't blame them since its a crappy job that pays minimum wage so whatever perks they can get they probably deserve. The 3DS's are always locked up so I don't think anyone has access to those unless its an employee, its not like a customer can reach in and pull them out and put them elsewhere in the store.
It is lazy employees 100%. From my experience the standard Sears Manager spends majority of their shift in their office without setting foot on the sales floor. If I had to bet I would assume they called the near minimum wage employee (Sears electronics and hardware associates now make $9 an hour as they cut their pay to fund the iPads) to look for the VOM merchandise that was going out of system. Only reasonable rationale I can come up with for why the 3DS systems were there is they didn't realize the packages were different and only checked the newer package.

The only reason I noticed the systems were in there was being familiar with the packaging and knowing they were on clearance I saw them peeking out from behind all the smaller 3DS boxes.

Also Sears managers are in charge of making sure this doesn't happen and while they don't make a fortune they make enough to care about their job as I am sure plenty of people would like to make what they do. At least in MA they START at just under $35,000 a year if you have no experience.

Wait so how much did they sell you the original 3ds for
They haven't yet. According to Sears rules they are supposed to be field destroyed by being thrown in the compactor. The manager doesn't want to destroy them, but doesn't want to get himself in trouble either so he is trying to figure out a solution to sell them without getting in trouble. That or he wanted me out of the store to buy them himself.

I have found the same one for full price as well actually! It was the only PS2 game they had and was in the glass case with the systems.

It is lazy employees 100%. From my experience the standard Sears Manager spends majority of their shift in their office without setting foot on the sales floor. If I had to bet I would assume they called the near minimum wage employee (Sears electronics and hardware associates now make $9 an hour as they cut their pay to fund the iPads) to look for the VOM merchandise that was going out of system. Only reasonable rationale I can come up with for why the 3DS systems were there is they didn't realize the packages were different and only checked the newer package.

The only reason I noticed the systems were in there was being familiar with the packaging and knowing they were on clearance I saw them peeking out from behind all the smaller 3DS boxes.

Also Sears managers are in charge of making sure this doesn't happen and while they don't make a fortune they make enough to care about their job as I am sure plenty of people would like to make what they do. At least in MA they START at just under $35,000 a year if you have no experience.

They haven't yet. According to Sears rules they are supposed to be field destroyed by being thrown in the compactor. The manager doesn't want to destroy them, but doesn't want to get himself in trouble either so he is trying to figure out a solution to sell them without getting in trouble. That or he wanted me out of the store to buy them himself.
Every single time I bought something at Sears they tried to ring me up with the iPad and it never worked so they just defaulted to the register. I don't see the point in them if they do not work. Oh well I assume that is why they put Wifi in Sears stores which means I can use my iPod touch there which is good since I don't pay for overpriced smartphones so at least it has some benefit to me, the more wifi hotspots around the better for me. It would be beneficial if they had people walking around with iPad's ringing up people during the holidays when the lines are long but Sears didn't seem to use it for this purpose either, making people wait longer when they have technology on hand to fix that problem. One of my largest peeves about retail is how long I spend in the checkout, to think of how many hours I spent at the checkout in my life is sickening... There is clearly technology available to fix wait times at the checkout especially at stores that already have iPads in use for registers.

The electronics department here at Sears only seems to do business in TV's and TV accessories if they sell anything at all.

I don't see how you could miss 6-7 3DS systems, at $180 each that is a lot of money for the company to lose on those, even more if they had them since the original $250 price of the system. I would think that it would at least show on some kind of internal document that the systems were missing or not sold since that is such a large amount of merchandise.

I don't like those iPads at all. I found a Playstation Move Motion controller for $2.97. I checked it at the price scanner since the shelf tag said $49.99. I go to electronics to pay and the cashier uses the iPad and tells me my total is $52.99. I told him it scans for $2.97 at the price checker and when he used the regular register, it scanned for $2.97. He had to call a manager for an override since it was rung up on the iPad.

I was expecting them to say it was a mistake at $2.97 and when I asked why it was full price on the iPad the cashier didn't know. I wonder if it pulls pricing from Sears.com. Next time if I can I'm going to anything from electronics to another register and pay for it in another department where they don't use the iPads

I also scanned Skylanders Spyro Adventure 360 Starter Pack, I thought it might be under $10 by now. It scanned for $49.97. PS3 version was out of the system (and not in stock anyway)

bread's done
Back