Official Sears Clearance Thread II - post Sears finds/deals here

One of my local Sears stores had 2 MPT's, neither of which were marked. If they drop to $10 or under without being marked, I may grab them for the hell of it.

[quote name='Vulgarism']Plus, I flipped them for a bunch of money, go me!!!

Nobody will ever congratulate you on hording a bunch of games so you can flip them. If you do it, awesome, douchebag. You're keeping people who would be happy to buy ONE copy and enjoy it from getting it. :applause:[/QUOTE]

I am officially congratulating you Stevothepro. Great job! It's always nice to get some money from cheap games. I might check my local Sears. Thanks again!!!

[quote name='Vulgarism']Plus, I flipped them for a bunch of money, go me!!!

Nobody will ever congratulate you on hording a bunch of games so you can flip them. If you do it, awesome, douchebag. You're keeping people who would be happy to buy ONE copy and enjoy it from getting it. :applause:[/QUOTE]

Granted, but we're talking about Karaoke Revolution American Idol here. Somehow I don't think that game is on the top of too many CAGs' want lists.

[quote name='dinovelvet']Granted, but we're talking about Karaoke Revolution American Idol here. Somehow I don't think that game is on the top of too many CAGs' want lists.[/QUOTE]

I'm not saying it is, I'm saying that the general shopper of Sears might have been happy to stumble upon a deal like that, and bypass the extreme prices the the OP showed on Ebay, but when people horde them, then it looks like they get shafted.

It's like me finding ten copies of Demon's Souls at Target for $14, buying em all, and selling em all for $30+ each. I don't need money enough to horde every single cheap game I find and flip them.

Bottom line is that everyone might flip.... But when ur vocal about it.... Ur an ass... Next time just say it flips well and u won't get attacked....... no one likes a hoarder.... but everyone has a lil bit inside of them that would do it if the circumstances were right

in closing..... Just think about what ur saying bro

[quote name='bug_nuts']Bottom line is that everyone might flip.... But when ur vocal about it.... Ur an ass... Next time just say it flips well and u won't get attacked....... no one likes a hoarder.... but everyone has a lil bit inside of them that would do it if the circumstances were right

in closing..... Just think about what ur saying bro[/QUOTE]

I flip all the time to get my games even cheaper.

Buy 2 $5 games. Sell one for $10 net = free game.

But I'm not picking up all 10 copies of something.

[quote name='confoosious']I flip all the time to get my games even cheaper.

Buy 2 $5 games. Sell one for $10 net = free game.

But I'm not picking up all 10 copies of something.[/QUOTE]

Oh, in that case.

Anyway, back on topic: cheap shit at Sears.

Oh wow, my sears had a bunch of copies of American Idol Encore for the wii as well. Had no idea it was valuable. Got about 4 of them total.

Thanks Stevethepro!

It's cool when people contribute instead of bitching at other people who try to contribute.

Sunday, February 21, 6-9PM, Sears is having their Friends & Family Night. Online, there is supposed to be "V.I.P. savings" (they give no details on that) from 2/21 - 2/22 4AM Central.

Extra 10% off electronics, appliances, tools, auto. (15% for shoes and 20% for clothes and jewelry.)

The fine print:

10% savings off regular, sale, and clearance prices apply to merchandise only. May not be used to reduce a layaway or credit balance. Not valid on Special Purchases, Levi's, everyday great price items, Price Drop items, Introductory Offers, video game hardware, TVs under 46", prepaid calling cards, iTunes, Sony DSLR, lenses, iPod, converter boxes .

The manager said he was surprised that only hardware was excluded and not games.

Picked up a MP Trilogy ($30) and Endless Ocean ($15).

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='bug_nuts']Bottom line is that everyone might flip.... But when ur vocal about it.... Ur an ass... Next time just say it flips well and u won't get attacked....... no one likes a hoarder.... but everyone has a lil bit inside of them that would do it if the circumstances were right

in closing..... Just think about what ur saying bro[/QUOTE]

I agree. All depends on HOW you say it. Take for instance, this guy:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6793357&postcount=1220

If you go back to the thread, people congratulated him instead of branding him a hoarder.

[quote name='Vulgarism']Nobody will ever congratulate you on hording a bunch of games so you can flip them.[/QUOTE]
Wrong. See above.

[quote name='Vulgarism']
It's like me finding ten copies of Demon's Souls at Target for $14, buying em all, and selling em all for $30+ each. I don't need money enough to horde every single cheap game I find and flip them.[/QUOTE]

Funny enough, in the thread I linked, that guy bought all these games

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6791595&postcount=1215

for $15 each and has an eBay store.

[quote name='ninja dog']Oh wow, my sears had a bunch of copies of American Idol Encore for the wii as well. Had no idea it was valuable. Got about 4 of them total.

Thanks Stevethepro!

It's cool when people contribute instead of bitching at other people who try to contribute.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Stevothepro']hey retard, maybe you should change your name to confused. I was pointing out a specific deal they had in sears. I merely pointed out what the profit margin was on Ebay. But I guess nobody cares about that kind of stuff and everybody already Knows about all deals everywhere. Im sorry oh wise ones. Ill just continue to just hoard the new deals and Dont worry Ill keep all deals to myself from now on, I do have a shitload of them already(I lOOOOVE NYC!!!)thanks alot for the time. and I do love this site except for the Flamers and losers that seem to be in abundance here, but thanks again, last [ost from me[/QUOTE]

AMEN!!!! some cag's ought to go play there cheap ass games instead of spending the day complaining about what we post on these deals,do what you want,with what you buy,just watch out for cuntoofless,he's as slow as his pic of Ralph.

I grabbed one of the copies of Fallout 3 GOTY for PS3 tonight for the hell of it. I'll probably keep it sealed until I decide if I wanna play it or not. But at least I got one of the two remaining copies in my area before it disappeared.

They didn't have any copies of WWE SD Vs. Raw 09 for $4.97 though or I would've bought that too.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I think the one Sears by me still has a PSP 1000 standalone in their case.[/QUOTE]

And I thought my Sears was bad having a PSP 2000 Star Wars bundle still hanging out in the case. I bet that's one of those items that you'd expect to be on clearance but if they scan it it comes up full price. Maybe even the $249 launch price. Or it would ring up OOS and they'd refuse to sell it.

[quote name='Zippon']EXACTLY.

A cc is basically "practice" to show you can handle your credit. Because, even though we'd love to live in a cash-only society, how many of us have enough cash to pay for a car, a house, etc in full? Maybe 3-5%? If you think you are smart by avoiding all credit when you are younger, you are in for a rude awakening when you need to take a loan for a big, necessary expenditure.[/QUOTE]

This is VERY true. My parents warned me of credit cards, but now I'm 28 years old and don't have enough credit history to do certain things, so my options are VERY limited until I can build a credit history.

Get a credit card for small things, or get one and pay your normal bills with it, then pay that with your cash. That way it's more like you're presenting your card whenever you pay your bills, instead of buying anything.

[quote name='parKer']Sunday, February 21, 6-9PM, Sears is having their Friends & Family Night. Online, there is supposed to be "V.I.P. savings" (they give no details on that) from 2/21 - 2/22 4AM Central.

Extra 10% off electronics, appliances, tools, auto. (15% for shoes and 20% for clothes and jewelry.)

The fine print:

10% savings off regular, sale, and clearance prices apply to merchandise only. May not be used to reduce a layaway or credit balance. Not valid on Special Purchases, Levi's, everyday great price items, Price Drop items, Introductory Offers, video game hardware, TVs under 46", prepaid calling cards, iTunes, Sony DSLR, lenses, iPod, converter boxes .

The manager said he was surprised that only hardware was excluded and not games.

Picked up a MP Trilogy ($30) and Endless Ocean ($15).[/QUOTE]

Price drop for Endless Ocean?

[quote name='Methadon']This is VERY true. My parents warned me of credit cards, but now I'm 28 years old and don't have enough credit history to do certain things, so my options are VERY limited until I can build a credit history.

Get a credit card for small things, or get one and pay your normal bills with it, then pay that with your cash. That way it's more like you're presenting your card whenever you pay your bills, instead of buying anything.[/QUOTE]

Your parents may have done you a favor because once you start living your life on credit it can be a very slipery slope.

[quote name='Methadon']This is VERY true. My parents warned me of credit cards, but now I'm 28 years old and don't have enough credit history to do certain things, so my options are VERY limited until I can build a credit history.

Get a credit card for small things, or get one and pay your normal bills with it, then pay that with your cash. That way it's more like you're presenting your card whenever you pay your bills, instead of buying anything.[/QUOTE]

I'm a handful of years younger but I'm in the same boat. I've been thinking about signing up for a credit card in the next month, just to buy small price items like socks or a dvd once a month to start building my credit up. This sears card might be a good option...

[quote name='Josef']Price drop for Endless Ocean?[/QUOTE]

I seem to remember picking it up for $5 at Sears a year or so ago, unless I am mistaken.

[quote name='regis100']I seem to remember picking it up for $5 at Sears a year or so ago, unless I am mistaken.[/QUOTE]

I don't know, I usually follow this thread pretty well and I don't ever remember it being listed on clearance.

[quote name='Toss']Your parents may have done you a favor because once you start living your life on credit it can be a very slipery slope.[/QUOTE]

You must've missed the first part of the point - you NEED credit to do certain things. Sure, I can get a house through Hunter Homes.... but there's a million reasons I DON'T want to go through them, and with a total lack of credit, I can't just go get a home loan like most people.

More importantly, what I was saying about building credit is that you should only use the credit card for things that you were already going to pay for with cash. Instead of using the cash to pay for the merchandise/bills, use it to pay the credit card bill (same bill, different name). That way you will build a history of payment, and will help when you want to buy a car or home.

And before anybody chimes in 'well there's other lots, etc', remember that a great credit rating will get you a BETTER DEAL than someone with shitty credit. After all, isn't that what being a CAG is all about?

[quote name='Josef']I don't know, I usually follow this thread pretty well and I don't ever remember it being listed on clearance.[/QUOTE]

Same here. Don't recall ever seeing it bought for $5, at Sears at least.

Endless Ocean wasn't on clearance. It was $14.99. Played it last night and it's pretty fun.

Nothing but shovelware at the Polaris Mall, Columbus OH location. Did have a good laugh with one of the associates about the $29.99 price tag on NHL '07 though.

[quote name='Josef']I don't know, I usually follow this thread pretty well and I don't ever remember it being listed on clearance.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='parKer']Same here. Don't recall ever seeing it bought for $5, at Sears at least.

Endless Ocean wasn't on clearance. It was $14.99. Played it last night and it's pretty fun.[/QUOTE]

You are right; it was at Target on clearance. Nevermind. Sorry for the confusion!

Off topic I know -- but if you are wanting to dip your feet into the credit market DO NOT do it with store cards like these. These types of credit cards actually hurt your credit because the limits are so low that it makes you look like you can't afford $250-500 to spend on basic necessities. If you can get one with a credit limit over $2000, then it's probably okay, but if you have no credit history the limit will be $500 or less unless you have something else to boost your credit.

The problem with credit cards and probably why a lot of people (wrongfully, IMO) advise others to stay away from them is that a lot of people that get them don't have self control and end up living way beyond their means. They think of it as free money and keep on paying only that minimum balance without realizing they're getting reamed on the interest, thereby helping to bring down the economy. :roll:

Self control is what should be taught, not fear of credit cards.

[quote name='mugen power']the problem with credit cards and probably why a lot of people (wrongfully, imo) advise others to stay away from them is that a lot of people that get them don't have self control and end up living way beyond their means. They think of it as free money and keep on paying only that minimum balance without realizing they're getting reamed on the interest, thereby helping to bring down the economy. :roll:

Self control is what should be taught, not fear of credit cards.[/quote]

qft

I agree, credit cards when used by responsible people who can balance a budget are a valuable option to earn rewards on their spending. We've gone back and forth on using credit cards, and I prefer not to use them due to the way I track our budget. Due to the timing of them, sometimes you aren't paying stuff off for over 4 weeks after purchasing and as a result it disconnects you from your finances to a degree. I like having a single checking account to monitor all transactions in real time but we do use credit cards for items that are not projected on the budget.

As well as retail credit cards it's also not a positive on your credit report to get a prepaid credit card. Again, if that is your only option it's not something you can avoid if you are getting a card.

[quote name='Chitown021']And I thought my Sears was bad having a PSP 2000 Star Wars bundle still hanging out in the case. I bet that's one of those items that you'd expect to be on clearance but if they scan it it comes up full price. Maybe even the $249 launch price. Or it would ring up OOS and they'd refuse to sell it.[/QUOTE]

I should have it checked the next time I go there just for the hell of it. I'd be shocked if it came up some stupid cheap clearance price.

[quote name='josh62488']any news on the next markdown?[/QUOTE]

Yes. But it's a CAG state secret which we don't share with newbies who don't contribute anything but 'durrrr when be da next markdowns' in every fuckin' thread.

If there were markdowns, they would happen somewhere at the beginning of a month. Seeing as how we're closer to the end of a month right now, I'm going to say NO.

But I'm sure you'll ask again in 2 days, since it's a repetitive cycle, like the idiots who ask in the penny guide thread if there's been a drop when the second post with drop info exists. It's just easier to be lazy though, isn't it?

[quote name='parKer']Endless Ocean wasn't on clearance. It was $14.99. Played it last night and it's pretty fun.[/QUOTE]

Man, I paid $30 for Endless Ocean here in NY - only one location had it so I am tempted to scan barcodes elsewhere...

I've been going to my sears for quite some time now but i find a lot of the games don't get marked down. They're in the pile of games bin but are still at the full price. Will these eventually get marked down? I'm really wanting to pick up Singstar Queen for the PS2 but it's at 29.99.

[quote name='lostdecoy']Man, I paid $30 for Endless Ocean here in NY - only one location had it so I am tempted to scan barcodes elsewhere...[/QUOTE]

I saw Endless Ocean at 3 of the 8 or 9 Sears Ive wandered into since the start of the month and it was $30 at all of them so I dont think its on clearance anywhere.

Kindly fuck off with the credit card discussions, please.:D

Most, if not all, of the games in the wire basket are still there from a couple weeks ago at the store near me. Maybe they'll survive a couple more drops, but one never knows. The kid's clothing section is on clearance for 60-75% off, though. Was hoping to get a cheap winter coat for next year for my son, but I guess he's already got one.

They're starting to thin out the men's winter clothing to make room for summer, though, so I might have to look for a coat for myself.

I counted no fewer than 9 Band Hero bundles stacked together, so I wonder how soon it will be before they start dropping those monsters.

[quote name='shieryda']Kindly fuck off with the credit card discussions, please.:D[/QUOTE]

Oh thanks kind and benevolent mod...oh wait...:roll:

Picked up Fallout 3 GOTY edition on the way back from class, hope its as bug free as people in this thread have mentioned :)

Also, Sony a300 DSLR was 194.97 :)

went to local sears, been eyeing a couple old ps3 games...army of two, mirrors edge, force unleashed...sadly everything rang up 19.99

there was a DDR mat for xbox for $24.99 on clearance...but not in my price range

[quote name='converse']Off topic I know -- but if you are wanting to dip your feet into the credit market DO NOT do it with store cards like these. These types of credit cards actually hurt your credit because the limits are so low that it makes you look like you can't afford $250-500 to spend on basic necessities. If you can get one with a credit limit over $2000, then it's probably okay, but if you have no credit history the limit will be $500 or less unless you have something else to boost your credit.[/QUOTE]

If you have no credit history, you'll likely get a crappy card no matter where you apply for it. My first credit card, a Capital One Visa which I applied for while I was in college, had a $300 limit. But I just bought little things with it and built up my credit. You have to start somewhere.

[quote name='Mugen Power']Self control is what should be taught, not fear of credit cards.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. People on these boards need to stop telling everyone not to apply for a credit card. It's stupid. Good luck when you're 30, want to buy a house, and you have no credit history.

[quote name='Toss']Your parents may have done you a favor because once you start living your life on credit it can be a very slipery slope.[/QUOTE]

That's the point. You don't start living your life on credit.

You get a credit card and use it only for gasoline - easily payable every month and you build your credit rating.

Or you get a credit card through your bank or credit union, they tend to be more strict with your credit limit - so if you have no self control this would be better than going with a non bank issued card.

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']I'm a handful of years younger but I'm in the same boat. I've been thinking about signing up for a credit card in the next month, just to buy small price items like socks or a dvd once a month to start building my credit up. This sears card might be a good option...[/QUOTE]

The sears card is a horrible option. Go to the place where you have your savings / checking accounts and apply through them.

[quote name='josh62488']ugh someone must of picked up the lego batman I was eyeing at my sears...though it was probobly still full price cuz last time I check no clearence...it wasn't too much in vain...picked up
Spiderman Friend or foe for $4.97

thinking of reselling on amazon
anyone know if it's worth a go?[/QUOTE]

Spiderman Friend or Foe is a really great game for younger gamers. It gets extremely repetitive quickly, though. A very easy 1000 gamer points, if you play for those.

i've noticed that the sears around me have taken games that used to be on clearance, slapping a generic upc on the back and charging $14.99.

Listen, Sears, if I didn't buy Stranglehold at 2.97, I'm certainly not paying $14.99 for it.

[quote name='shieryda']Kindly fuck off with the credit card discussions, please.:D

...The kid's clothing section is on clearance for 60-75% off, though. Was hoping to get a cheap winter coat for next year for my son, but I guess he's already got one.

They're starting to thin out the men's winter clothing to make room for summer, though, so I might have to look for a coat for myself....[/QUOTE]

Ironic, you ask people to stop discussing something that isn't about the Sear Video Game Deals and then start talking about Sear's clothing deals and needing to buy a coat....:applause:

I've never really found anything on sale worth getting here, the only think I ever found was Mercenaries for $5 and Viva Pinata 2 for like $10, since then though haven't seen anything under $15.

[quote name='DoubleJ210']Ironic, you ask people to stop discussing something that isn't about the Sear Video Game Deals and then start talking about Sear's clothing deals and needing to buy a coat....:applause:[/QUOTE]

Except this is the Sears Clearance Thread, not the Sears Clearance Video Game Thread.

bread's done
Back