Official Sears Clearance Thread II - post Sears finds/deals here

Found a Pikmin Wii /f $2.97 on a 50% off clearance stand with a few reported 09 sports games.

What prices are people finding FarCry 2 at? A few Sears in the GR area have them for both platforms and I was unable to find a scanner on the floor the VG's were at.

[quote name='jdawgg76']Thanks for the list Ferant and everyone else for the info!

I got:
PS3 Hot shots golf (like seemingly everyone) 4.97
Wii 2x Metroid Prime Trilogy 19.97!
360 Viva Pinata 1 9.97
Wii Dead Space Extraction 14.97

Since VP1 and DSE were 14.97 and 19.97 respectively I had hoped they had dropped 10 each instead of five. I think I'll return them both and hope they last another round.

Also saw marked with new stickers:
Wii Excitebots with Wheel 29.97
NDS Deal or No Deal 2.97
PS3 Singstar Vol 2 bundle 14.97 (I think the 2.97 someone got this for was YMMV)
PS3 Tony Hawk Proving Ground 2.97
360 Stuntman Ignition 2.97
The usual suspects of wet, dirt 2, NGS2, Brutal Legend etc at reported prices.
Also saw they had two packs of NDS games including Super Dodgeball Brawlers for 20. Unsure of the game choices packed in with it though. I know these were from Christmas, but I hadn't noticed the packs with SDB.[/QUOTE]

I would have picked that stuntman ignition up in a hot minute

Picked up Muramasa The Demon Blade Wii for $19.97. Thanks Ferant!!
The rest of the Wii stuff was shovelware. No Fallout 3 GOTY, though

Not a single correct price in the case, but I managed to pick up (thanks to the knowledge gained on here):

Hot Shots Golf OOB $4.97
MUA2 $19.97
Singstar Vol 2 $14.97

Might take back the Singstar bundle...anyone know if the mics work with The Beatles Rock Band?

EDIT: Nevermind.... stopped being lazy and looked it up myself. They should work no problem. Trying to piece together a set since picking up The Beatles game only from Old Navy. Already have a guitar, and now a mic....how about some cheap drums? Do the Rock Revolution drums totally suck?

Started looking a bit more at the games I picked up. The lone copy of Hot Shots Golf OOB that I picked up looked a bit suspicious (slightly loose cellophane) and sure enough, no disc.

It's not worth taking back for $5 as I'm rarely there anyway, so I guess I have an empty PS3 case.

[quote name='thelonepig']Started looking a bit more at the games I picked up. The lone copy of Hot Shots Golf OOB that I picked up looked a bit suspicious (slightly loose cellophane) and sure enough, no disc.

It's not worth taking back for $5 as I'm rarely there anyway, so I guess I have an empty PS3 case.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure you have 90 days for a return, worth a shot.

Picked up Dirt 2 PS3 $19.97 Great deal!

they had a motorstorm pacific there, i may pick that up later if i have enough money after getting FFXIII this week.

[quote name='bigdogn12']I would have picked that stuntman ignition up in a hot minute[/QUOTE]

Unless you like repeating missions over and over(and over and over)until you get them done just right, you're better off NOT picking up Stuntman Ignition.

If it's anything like the first, it'll require the utmost perfection when doing the stunts. I had the PS2 original for all of two weeks back in the day and both my one friend and I gave up on the damn thing. We kept missing certain stunts by like an inch and it'd fail us.:roll:

I had a copy of this from the Kmart clearance a few years back and it ended up staying sealed in my collection until I sold it for $7-10 to a local shop.

[quote name='jupiterjones']Not a single correct price in the case, but I managed to pick up (thanks to the knowledge gained on here):

Hot Shots Golf OOB $4.97
MUA2 $19.97
Singstar Vol 2 $14.97

Might take back the Singstar bundle...anyone know if the mics work with The Beatles Rock Band?

EDIT: Nevermind.... stopped being lazy and looked it up myself. They should work no problem. Trying to piece together a set since picking up The Beatles game only from Old Navy. Already have a guitar, and now a mic....how about some cheap drums? Do the Rock Revolution drums totally suck?[/QUOTE]

awesome i didnt know u could use sung star mics with rock band...are they wireless?

the bundle at my sears wasn't 3 bucks....but congrats to the ppl who were lucky

[quote name='jupiterjones']Not a single correct price in the case, but I managed to pick up (thanks to the knowledge gained on here):

Hot Shots Golf OOB $4.97
MUA2 $19.97
Singstar Vol 2 $14.97

EDIT: Nevermind.... stopped being lazy and looked it up myself. They should work no problem. Trying to piece together a set since picking up The Beatles game only from Old Navy. Already have a guitar, and now a mic....how about some cheap drums? Do the Rock Revolution drums totally suck?[/QUOTE]

You may want to look into the Rock Band drum sets from Kmart for $6.99 a set. They have them marked at 2-3 of my local Kmart stores with only the white Kmart stickers, so they don't stand out as being a 'deal' to the normal shnooks who would see the clearance yellow stickers and probably have grabbed them all by now.

Picked up stuntman ignition for 2.97 and there were 2 copies Viva pinata, picked one up.

There was a copy of Lips for xbox but was ringing up at $49.99, so passed on it. Nothing else from the clearance list at my local sears.

Picked up :ps3: Fallout 3 GOTY and :ps3: Hot Shots Golf. Didn't notice until I got home that Hot Shots Golf has a cut down the side of the case (through the cover), that was pretty obviously someone being careless with a packing knife. Grrrr. Oh well, it was only $5 -- not worth the effort to take it back.

Anyone know where the best trade-in deal is right now for a non-GOTY copy of :ps3: Fallout 3? Now that I've got the GOTY, there's no point in holding onto the old one anymore.

[quote name='arcane93']Picked up :ps3: Fallout 3 GOTY and :ps3: Hot Shots Golf. Didn't notice until I got home that Hot Shots Golf has a cut down the side of the case (through the cover), that was pretty obviously someone being careless with a packing knife. Grrrr. Oh well, it was only $5 -- not worth the effort to take it back.

Anyone know where the best trade-in deal is right now for a non-GOTY copy of :ps3: Fallout 3? Now that I've got the new one, there's no point in holding onto it anymore.[/QUOTE]

spun.com-$12.30(but they're really picky on condition)
estarland.com-$13(but they're also picky on condition I've heard)

I haven't really traded/dealt with either company, but those are the best two values I've seen. You may also want to consider Gamestop during their current 50% more(60% with EDGE) bonus trade-in credit deal.

The only problem with the other two is if they reject your game(s), I think you pay return shipping.

EDIT: Fallout 3 normal edition was getting $5.75(3/1/10) before 50% bump at Gamestop.

[quote name='arcane93']Picked up :ps3: Fallout 3 GOTY and :ps3: Hot Shots Golf. Didn't notice until I got home that Hot Shots Golf has a cut down the side of the case (through the cover), that was pretty obviously someone being careless with a packing knife. Grrrr. Oh well, it was only $5 -- not worth the effort to take it back.

Anyone know where the best trade-in deal is right now for a non-GOTY copy of :ps3: Fallout 3? Now that I've got the GOTY, there's no point in holding onto the old one anymore.[/QUOTE]

I was in gamestop earlier, and the regular edition fallout 3 :ps3: was 19.99 (marked with today's date) so prolly not a lot there.:cry:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']spun.com-$12.30(but they're really picky on condition)
estarland.com-$13(but they're also picky on condition I've heard)

I haven't really traded/dealt with either company, but those are the best two values I've seen. You may also want to consider Gamestop during their current 50% more(60% with EDGE) bonus trade-in credit deal.

The only problem with the other two is if they reject your game(s), I think you pay return shipping.[/QUOTE]

Hmm . . . eStarland is actually pretty close to me, maybe I'll just take it over there in person. The game is actually in mint condition, so no problem with that. Thanks.

[quote name='arcane93']Hmm . . . eStarland is actually pretty close to me, maybe I'll just take it over there in person. The game is actually in mint condition, so no problem with that. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

You're quite welcome.

Hey when you return/rebuy to get the price adjustment, can you just bring in the receipt?

Saw Tiger Woods 07 marked at $29.99 :whistle2:k and a non-platinum hits Bioshock for $19.99. That store must be really lazy as I spotted so many outdated games yet no clearance tags. Was not able to find Fallout 3 GOTY though.

[quote name='polly']Hey when you return/rebuy to get the price adjustment, can you just bring in the receipt?[/QUOTE]

I've always brought the game in just in case, but the clerk barely looks at it most times.

I love the return-rebuy strategy. The window is so damn huge (90 days!) that if I don't get to some of the games I've bagged and they sit in the shrinkwrap for a few weeks, they'll get even cheaper.

I got:
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 :ps3:
Hot Shots Golf :pS3:
Tiger Woods 09 x2 :360:
Fallout GOTY :pS3:
NBA 09 THE INSIDE :psp:
Tony Hawk's Proving Ground :pS3:

All at the prices reported in this thread. Also spotted Lego Batman :pS3: but it was still ringing up at $30. Either way, CAG wins again. :D I just wish there were more 360 games in the drop. Maybe next time.

Thanks everyone, grabbed all 3 wii :wii: pikmin @ $2.97. One for me, one for a friend who just got her wii, one traded to gamestop for $9.37 (no edge). Huzzah! ...sadly no hot shots golf, but oh well.

Found me a Metriod prime trilogy! Glad it lasted till 19.99! Also grabbed 2 Hot Shots OOB just because of the price... wish i found some wii titles for that price.

Grabbed Fallout GOTY and Muramusa for $19.97 a piece. I also saw a few Singstar Bundles for $19.97. Are they worth anything?

[quote name='tomwaits1']I grabbed MPT and NGS2 for $19.97, HSG for $4.97, and MK vs DCU (PS3) for $2.97! Might go back to check for PoP...[/QUOTE]

MK vs DCU (PS3) for $2.97? wow... yes i may be back looking for that!

I've discovered a loss prevention issue at my local Sears. I go to this Sears every other week, so I have probably a better idea of the inventory than they do. Every time I go there they have NOTHING on clearance. Occasionally I will ask an employee if they have any other games and I almost ALWAYS get the same response of "What you see is what you get." Today I go again and no luck with anything, and I go to ask the kid if they have anything else and he says the company line. I asked if they had anything in the stockroom and he nicely complies with the request. He brings me back about 10 of the games on the drop lists from the past few months. None of them on display for customers to buy, but apparently they have a shelf FULL of these games in the back. The catch here is that the employee can retrieve upon request only, so you can't go back to see the inventory, it's up to the manager to bring them out to the floor.

Judging by the haul I brought home I am convinced that a manager or other wise employee is hiding these in the back until the final drops. If they would have had 3-4 I might have been suspicious but when he had 10 it's more than a coincidence.

I'm going to try to find some loss prevention officer and see if they care enough about their job to check it out. It's an easy work too because the people can't seem to check anything on inventory to see if they have anything in stock without the item number. It's on clearance so they can't find the item number. Only a DM or someone who's paying attention would notice this clearance stock isn't selling. Anyone got good leads on loss prevention officers at Sears?

Hit the jackpot of clearance games at Sears today, but one thing was kind of lame... Wolfenstein for ps3 - $20, Wolfenstein for 360 - $30. Why!? What's the reasoning behind that?!

They can use the UPC to look up the item and see if is in stock. I had to go through the same thing today. It seems like everyone is getting Hot Shots Golf and I found it hard to believe both stores I checked were OOS. I decided to ask an employee if they could look up an item with the UPC. They had it, but in the back room along with a Fifa 09 for PS3 so I ended up getting both of those at the 2nd store.

Got HotShotsGolf OOD PS3 4.97$
Dirt 2 Xbox 360 $19.97
Everything else was long gone
They had a huge pile of games but just regular Ol Crap

Hmmm, my local had all of the drops but not Lego Batman or Fifa 09-- still $30 each. I guess I could check a couple of stores farther out. I'd love MK vs DC for cheaps, too, but I gotta figure that's YMMV since we just now heard about it.

[quote name='Space Cowboy YGI']But it was posted today (at 4:50pm).

To quote the immortal Christopher Reeve in Superman 2:

"Too late Luthor...too late" :)[/QUOTE]
It's off their front page it's a goner and thumbs down all the way.:bouncy:

Strangely found Fight Night Round 3 (ps3 version) for $1.97 at one store. Definitely ymmv like Wall-E, because another Sears has it for regular price. I say just drag the entire cart to the price scanner (j/k...or maybe not ).

[quote name='YoshiFan1']Looks like stores are going to be wiped out tomorrow:
http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1904604[/QUOTE]

Though I do have to say, that page is the first place I've seen :ds: Final Fantasy IV $14.99 (should be $14.97, I assume?) listed. I don't actually remember seeing that game when I was in the store today, but then again I wasn't looking for it either. I may have to check again if I can make it there sometime in the next few days.

Is Dead Space Extraction actually any good? I was debating whether to look for it, but decided not to bother because I'm not really a big FPS fan, and it kinda looks like one.

[quote name='sark45']MK vs DCU (PS3) for $2.97? wow... yes i may be back looking for that![/QUOTE]

[quote name='Mike Toole']Hmmm, my local had all of the drops but not Lego Batman or Fifa 09-- still $30 each. I guess I could check a couple of stores farther out. I'd love MK vs DC for cheaps, too, but I gotta figure that's YMMV since we just now heard about it.[/QUOTE]

I can verify that MK vs DCU was 2.97 at my store also FWIW. Was 19.97 last month and I saw one copy still tagged 29.99 I was surprised to see it went down that much at the price scanner then was a sad panda when that lone copy wasen't to be found :( Same thing happend to me with MGS4, was $20 on clearance but marked $30 and I waited for a drop and missed out. I would have grabbed MGS4 at the $12 or 13 it was at my store last month and even better $9.97 this month :D

[quote name='FOnewearl']I can verify that MK vs DCU was 2.97 at my store also FWIW. Was 19.97 last month and I saw one copy still tagged 29.99 I was surprised to see it went down that much at the price scanner then was a sad panda when that lone copy wasen't to be found :( Same thing happend to me with MGS4, was $20 on clearance but marked $30 and I waited for a drop and missed out. I would have grabbed MGS4 at the $12 or 13 it was at my store last month and even better $9.97 this month :D[/QUOTE]

That's what keeps happening at my local stores now. I keep telling myself 'one more drop and I'll buy that' and by the time I go to buy it, it's gone.:cry:

Not that I need to start getting a friggin' backlog again or anything.

[quote name='arcane93']
Is Dead Space Extraction actually any good? I was debating whether to look for it, but decided not to bother because I'm not really a big FPS fan, and it kinda looks like one.[/QUOTE]

Its a shooter game, and the appeal of the game is that its not a kiddy game like most wii games.

[quote name='converse']I've discovered a loss prevention issue at my local Sears. I go to this Sears every other week, so I have probably a better idea of the inventory than they do. Every time I go there they have NOTHING on clearance. Occasionally I will ask an employee if they have any other games and I almost ALWAYS get the same response of "What you see is what you get." Today I go again and no luck with anything, and I go to ask the kid if they have anything else and he says the company line. I asked if they had anything in the stockroom and he nicely complies with the request. He brings me back about 10 of the games on the drop lists from the past few months. None of them on display for customers to buy, but apparently they have a shelf FULL of these games in the back. The catch here is that the employee can retrieve upon request only, so you can't go back to see the inventory, it's up to the manager to bring them out to the floor.

Judging by the haul I brought home I am convinced that a manager or other wise employee is hiding these in the back until the final drops. If they would have had 3-4 I might have been suspicious but when he had 10 it's more than a coincidence.

I'm going to try to find some loss prevention officer and see if they care enough about their job to check it out. It's an easy work too because the people can't seem to check anything on inventory to see if they have anything in stock without the item number. It's on clearance so they can't find the item number. Only a DM or someone who's paying attention would notice this clearance stock isn't selling. Anyone got good leads on loss prevention officers at Sears?[/QUOTE]

I really doubt that the case, alot of employees just don't want to go back there for games. I believe they get commission off TVs, so you want one of them I'm sure they'll find it...

[quote name='ets']Its a shooter game, and the appeal of the game is that its not a kiddy game like most wii games.[/QUOTE]

Heh. I've got enough non-kiddy Wii games at this point that the novelty factor of that has worn off (though I still find myself never playing it). Sounds like it's iffy at best that it'll be my thing, so I think I'll just wait and hope it survives another drop before I try it.

Here's something odd about the Sears I go to... they took nearly their entire stock of games to the back for like 3 or 4 months, and only left out about 15 or so for each console during the holiday season. Recently, they've put them all back out behind glass or in a clearance bin... WTF.

bread's done
Back