Official Sears Clearance Thread II - post Sears finds/deals here

[quote name='arcane93']Heh. I've got enough non-kiddy Wii games at this point that the novelty factor of that has worn off (though I still find myself never playing it). Sounds like it's iffy at best that it'll be my thing, so I think I'll just wait and hope it survives another drop before I try it.[/QUOTE]

Same deal with me, don't really care for the game because it would be on the bottom of my playing stack. Only game I want is Punch Out!

[quote name='Optical']How much is punch out wii? My store has 1 left in the case.[/QUOTE]

So ask them to get it out and scan it?

[quote name='Denzalo']So ask them to get it out and scan it?[/QUOTE]

And miss out on the opportunity to ask other people to do your work on CAG?

You guys ever get the feeling Sears has like 1 dude who is the buyer for video games across the whole company and if that dude ever quits/retires/dies that they will stop selling video games?

Every sears I go to now not only doesn't bother with clearance, they don't even bother stocking anything but the latest big release titles. They'll stock every AAA title and games made from movies but nothing that's even a bit obscure.

There hasn't been a MPT in any of my sears since even before the latest markdown.

[quote name='confoosious']There hasn't been a MPT in any of my sears since even before the latest markdown.[/QUOTE]

Weird...because all 3 stores within 15 minutes of my house have exactly 2 copies each. I'm waiting for the next drop because it is hands down the most abundant clearance game here. (besides Web of Shadows)

I'm glad I got my MPT when it was $30 because the one location with 2 left - after this last drop they were GONE from the case and could not be found. So it makes me happy I didn't wait...but I wanted to get one for my boyfriend at that price :(

We did get 2 copies of Lips for $4.97! All Singstars in the area were $14.97.

[quote name='FOnewearl']I can verify that MK vs DCU was 2.97 at my store also FWIW. Was 19.97 last month and I saw one copy still tagged 29.99 I was surprised to see it went down that much at the price scanner then was a sad panda when that lone copy wasen't to be found :( Same thing happend to me with MGS4, was $20 on clearance but marked $30 and I waited for a drop and missed out. I would have grabbed MGS4 at the $12 or 13 it was at my store last month and even better $9.97 this month :D[/QUOTE]

MK Vs. DCU (PS3) scanned for $29.99 at a local Sears so YMMV to that.

[quote name='josh62488']so are sears drops only at the first friday of the month or do they update ever week?[/QUOTE]

Usually the first Friday of the month, though once in a while they'll skip a month.

[quote name='confoosious']
You guys ever get the feeling Sears has like 1 dude who is the buyer for video games across the whole company and if that dude ever quits/retires/dies that they will stop selling video games?[/QUOTE]

No joke. We have 3 stores nearby, and two are halfway decent about marking the clearance games and putting them out in bins. I hit one store on Friday, and there were 3 guys from electronics all standing in the aisle, talking about sports teams (liberally using profanity, which is always professional). When I found MUA2 and Hot Shots Golf in the case, the guy acted like I was nuts to ask for a price scan. When they came up $20 and $5, he was shocked. I told him he had at least a dozen titles on clearance in the case (Dirt 2, NGS 2, Fallout 3, etc, etc) that needed to come out, he just shrugged, walked back to his buddies, and started socializing again.

Stay hungry, Sears!

[quote name='vanlandw']Found a Pikmin Wii /f $2.97 on a 50% off clearance stand with a few reported 09 sports games.

What prices are people finding FarCry 2 at? A few Sears in the GR area have them for both platforms and I was unable to find a scanner on the floor the VG's were at.[/QUOTE]

I got it today for 9.99 at the one Sears. I was at another one and it was marked at 19.99 so I am not sure. Could be YMMV.

[quote name='Zippon']I told him he had at least a dozen titles on clearance in the case (Dirt 2, NGS 2, Fallout 3, etc, etc) that needed to come out, he just shrugged, walked back to his buddies, and started socializing again.[/QUOTE]

Why would you even tell him that, though? I mean, seriously, while it's bad business practice for Sears to leave the clearance games unmarked and in the case, it's much better for us. If they start marking them and displaying them as clearance, there will be a whole lot more competition for them. For example, the store that I bought the Fallout 3 GOTY at for $19.97 yesterday still had it marked at $59.99 on the shelf; the other store that I was at a couple of weeks ago that had it actually marked as clearance at $29.97 had sold out already back then (even though they'd previously had more copies to begin with). Better not to say anything, on the off chance that the employee that you're talking to is one who will actually do his job and start marking them (or who will clean the case out himself) if he knows about it.

I don't advocate lying to them, stashing, or actively defrauding them in any way like that, but if Sears can't be bothered to police their own stores and make sure that they're keeping up on things, it's not our job (or to our benefit) to do it for them.

In other words, keep your damn mouth shut. ;) Any ego trip that you get out of showing the employee that you know more about his store than he does isn't worth what it could cost you later!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Zippon']No joke. We have 3 stores nearby, and two are halfway decent about marking the clearance games and putting them out in bins. I hit one store on Friday, and there were 3 guys from electronics all standing in the aisle, talking about sports teams (liberally using profanity, which is always professional). When I found MUA2 and Hot Shots Golf in the case, the guy acted like I was nuts to ask for a price scan. When they came up $20 and $5, he was shocked. I told him he had at least a dozen titles on clearance in the case (Dirt 2, NGS 2, Fallout 3, etc, etc) that needed to come out, he just shrugged, walked back to his buddies, and started socializing again.

Stay hungry, Sears![/QUOTE]

:wall::wall::wall::wall:no bitchin when all the games are cleared out...

[quote name='fragged3d']I picked up a PSP-2000 God of War bundle friday for $95.41.[/QUOTE]

went to sears today they didnt have any and the ps3, xbox games where behind glass only

they dante inferno for 39.99

[quote name='arcane93']
In other words, keep your damn mouth shut. ;) Any ego trip that you get out of showing the employee that you know more about his store than he does isn't worth what it could cost you later![/QUOTE]

I hear where you're coming from. But I object to the "ego trip" part. I worked in retail for a long time, so I was just trying to be friendly while chatting with the guy. It wasn't about showing him up (or inadvertently screwing other CAGs). ;)

On one hand, it's better to leave them in the case (they had lots of each) for another CAG. On the flip side, some people won't ask to look in the case, so they may sit there a looooong time. Ultimately, I want games to move once they hit a really low price (which these all are) so that new titles can be stocked....and then ultimately go on clearance. Heh. How many people have complained that their local stores have had the same junk on the shelves for years? Letting games rot is part of the problem.

But I do hear where you're coming from. If they only had one or two copies, or the games were only down to $40 or so, I wouldn't say a word. But when 6 copies of a $5 game are buried in the back of the case....it's time to let them out! :)

[quote name='confoosious']Letting games rot is how we get them at $2.97.

What's that expression about gift horses?[/QUOTE]

Don't look a gift horse in the mouth.

The sears that i went to had games scatter every where inside the case I couldnt tell which any game was.

[quote name='NipPicker']Thank For having CAG .... im gonna be at SEARS in about 90 minutes[/QUOTE]

I don't think they're open that late on Sundays...that is unless you live on west coast or something to that effect.

[quote name='Zippon']No joke. We have 3 stores nearby, and two are halfway decent about marking the clearance games and putting them out in bins. I hit one store on Friday, and there were 3 guys from electronics all standing in the aisle, talking about sports teams (liberally using profanity, which is always professional). When I found MUA2 and Hot Shots Golf in the case, the guy acted like I was nuts to ask for a price scan. When they came up $20 and $5, he was shocked. I told him he had at least a dozen titles on clearance in the case (Dirt 2, NGS 2, Fallout 3, etc, etc) that needed to come out, he just shrugged, walked back to his buddies, and started socializing again.

Stay hungry, Sears![/QUOTE]

Be glad you have a lazy bunch of employees at your Sears, since all of my local ones have started to religiously mark stuff as clearance anymore. Since they started doing that, my pickups have been few and far between.:cry:

Case in point, I was watching a stack of Eye Of Judgement bundles at a third Sears that's a bit further off. Unfortunately, they started to mark stuff once it reached the $10 or under point. I was anxiously waiting for the game bundles to reach the $5 or under range before I bought them, but they ALL disappeared because they put a huge pink ticket on the magnetic hook for the EOJ bundles saying it was $6.97 or whatever really low price it was last reported being by someone in here.

All of those disappeared within a week of that price being marked.

So it's good when Sears employees are too busy socializing to give a shit to mark prices in the game section. You should consider yourself lucky, since my local employees actually do their job anymore.:cry:

[quote name='arcane93']...For example, the store that I bought the Fallout 3 GOTY at for $19.97 yesterday still had it marked at $59.99 on the shelf; the other store that I was at a couple of weeks ago that had it actually marked as clearance at $29.97 had sold out already back then (even though they'd previously had more copies to begin with)...[/QUOTE]

That's how I scored my copy o Fallout 3 GOTY. The CSR looked like he was really pissed off when he was ringing me up :lol:.

Not sure if anyone is interested but my Sears in Tucson, AZ. had multiple copies of Katamari Damacy for $14.97. Rather hard game to find, so I was surprised to see so many copies there.

Hit a couple more stores today and got a few more things-- Spider-Man Web of Shadows for Wii and PSP for $2.97 each, and a loose copy of Metroid Prime Trilogy. Is the PSP version of Web of Shadows dramatically different from the console version? I beat this one on 360 and liked it quite a bit, the Wii copy is for my nephew.

One friendly clerk at the Saugus MA store seemed to think that the 360 version of Fallout 3 GOTY was $20 too. He checked for me, but alas, still $60.

Only $2.97 game I'm seeing an overabundance of is Tiger Woods 09. It's cause of his reputation, right? ;-)

Finally, I put MK vs DC on my scansheet. 360 version is still scanning at $30, but curiously, the PS3 version was out of system at both stores I checked.

I went by my local Sears today. I came out with a much larger haul than I expected. :p

Muramasa: $20
Metroid Prime Trilogy: $20
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds: $5
and!
Animal Crossing City Folk (without Wii Speak): $5!

Thanks for the heads up, guys! I'm really happy with what I got. :D

[quote name='jubeininja69']are the deals strictly YMMV or is it the same for every store?[/QUOTE]

Check the original post...many of these deals can be very YMMV...only way to know is to go to your local Sears and test the waters...

[quote name='Zippon']

Letting games rot is part of the problem.

[/QUOTE]

Rotten games are my favorite kind ...
ei. 1.97 tonyhawk proving ground ps3 , 0.97 naruto clash of ninja revolution wii, 1.97 aerosmith bundle ps3, 2.97 singstar vol 2 bundle (since summer)

Picked up another copy of Hot Shots Golf that I somehow had missed during my first pass....

This store I frequent has pretty much everything - MPT, Wet, FO3 GOTY, MUA2, Dirt 2 etc all on the shelves and all still marked incorrectly....just waiting for someone to snap them up. If they can hang on til next month, I will be cleaning up!

Also found 1 copy of Prince of Persia for PS3 that rang up for $9.97....not a bad price at all, but I wanted it for the $4.97 that was mentioned on here earlier.... maybe next month!

[quote name='jupiterjones']Picked up another copy of Hot Shots Golf that I somehow had missed during my first pass....

This store I frequent has pretty much everything - MPT, Wet, FO3 GOTY, MUA2, Dirt 2 etc all on the shelves and all still marked incorrectly....just waiting for someone to snap them up. If they can hang on til next month, I will be cleaning up!

Also found 1 copy of Prince of Persia for PS3 that rang up for $9.97....not a bad price at all, but I wanted it for the $4.97 that was mentioned on here earlier.... maybe next month![/QUOTE]

You better list a false location in your profile then. lol

yea.. i got to sears today 30 minute before closing ... they had 3 MPT for 19.97 but marked at 49.99. i asked a csr and he insisted that 49.99 was the price until he price checked it and his eye just popped out.. im gonna go back for the other 2 on friday

[quote name='jubeininja69']are the deals strictly YMMV or is it the same for every store?[/QUOTE]

Extremely YMMV, each store seems to be different on whether the games will be marked down or not. Most of them have scanned full price for me unfortunately.

[quote name='NipPicker']yea.. i got to sears today 30 minute before closing ... they had 3 MPT for 19.97 but marked at 49.99. i asked a csr and he insisted that 49.99 was the price until he price checked it and his eye just popped out.. im gonna go back for the other 2 on friday[/QUOTE]

Only problem is if the clerk was bugging out over the price, he may tell friends and those other two may be gone long before then. If you intend on grabbing duplicates of games, you should do so the same day or don't expect them to be there when you get back to the store to grab some more.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Only problem is if the clerk was bugging out over the price, he may tell friends and those other two may be gone long before then. If you intend on grabbing duplicates of games, you should do so the same day or don't expect them to be there when you get back to the store to grab some more.[/QUOTE]

Truth.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Only problem is if the clerk was bugging out over the price, he may tell friends and those other two may be gone long before then. If you intend on grabbing duplicates of games, you should do so the same day or don't expect them to be there when you get back to the store to grab some more.[/QUOTE]

Yup, I've learned this the hard way. I've gone back a day later to pick up things I was on the fence about only to find them, as well as other cheapies gone. If the cashier person is suprised by the cheap pricing, and YOUNG (gaming age), you could be out of luck. I always try to pay at a register with an old lady cause she is less likely to care. Lots of times they don't even look twice when a game comes up 4.97. Not so with the kids.

[quote name='lostdecoy']I'm glad I got my MPT when it was $30 because the one location with 2 left - after this last drop they were GONE from the case and could not be found. So it makes me happy I didn't wait...but I wanted to get one for my boyfriend at that price :(

We did get 2 copies of Lips for $4.97! All Singstars in the area were $14.97.[/QUOTE]

Is that the original Lips or # 1 Hits? If it is the original, was this a while ago? I so need that one :hot: Lucky you~!

Picked up all of these for $19.99 each.

Motorstorm Pacific Rift
Dirt 2
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
Metroid Prime Trilogy Steelcase

[quote name='Toss']Yup, I've learned this the hard way. I've gone back a day later to pick up things I was on the fence about only to find them, as well as other cheapies gone. If the cashier person is suprised by the cheap pricing, and YOUNG (gaming age), you could be out of luck. I always try to pay at a register with an old lady cause she is less likely to care. Lots of times they don't even look twice when a game comes up 4.97. Not so with the kids.[/QUOTE]

That's what happened when the GH bundles dropped to $5 and $8 last June, I bought 2 of them, the employees went crazy when they saw how much they were, and 5 minutes later they were almost all gone. Not only did the electronics employees buy them but they called their friends in other departments as well.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']That's what happened when the GH bundles dropped to $5 and $8 last June, I bought 2 of them, the employees went crazy when they saw how much they were, and 5 minutes later they were almost all gone. Not only did the electronics employees buy them but they called their friends in other departments as well.[/QUOTE]

This is actually another good reason to have them move games out of the glass case. At the stores near me, I can take games from the bins and ring them up anywhere. But anything from the case is considered "valuable" and must be rung up immediately by the electronics cashier. And those guys are far more likely to snag extras if the price is good. I normally take my clearance games downstairs to clothing. Those cashiers never give the cheapie games a second look. :cool:

Picked up a couple things today... Was kinda scared leaving empty handed after seeing that sd.net post.

A Boy and his Blob 19.97
Viva Pinata 9.97
Uno 2.97

I took my girlfriend and she went all out. She found a pair of Levi's for 7.97. They had a bunch for guys for 24.97, nothing my size though.

Does anyone else open their games right away to make sure they are not reseals? After my buddy opened his birthday copy of bioshock 2 and found a CD-R disc instead of the game, I tend to lean towards opening them up once Im done paying to make sure, and have a witness just in case. Unless its a game I bought on a whim and may end up returning, I guess thats my new policy.

[quote name='nakanenui']Does anyone else open their games right away to make sure they are not reseals? After my buddy opened his birthday copy of bioshock 2 and found a CD-R disc instead of the game, I tend to lean towards opening them up once Im done paying to make sure, and have a witness just in case. Unless its a game I bought on a whim and may end up returning, I guess thats my new policy.[/QUOTE]

oh didnt someone got busted for doing the same thing at walmart a while back.

went back to sears to grab the Naruto wii I saw 2 days ago but it was gone, looks like an employee went thru the case but never marked anything down.

Saw like 2 copies of this in the case, but not worth the effort...
090909 ... 01.97 ... 04.97 ... Cranium Kabooki*

Talked to a guy we know who works at Sears, the employees him included get first and thorough pickings on all clearance games, before they even bring them out to the public. Probably the case at most of the stores. He admitted they'd "already cleaned them out", before putting anything out.

[quote name='ets']went back to sears to grab the Naruto wii I saw 2 days ago but it was gone, looks like an employee went thru the case but never marked anything down.

Saw like 2 copies of this in the case, but not worth the effort...
090909 ... 01.97 ... 04.97 ... Cranium Kabooki*

[/QUOTE]

This is another one of them YMMV titles. It scanned $29.99 at a Sears near me.

[quote name='llcooljunr']Picked up a couple things today... Was kinda scared leaving empty handed after seeing that sd.net post.

A Boy and his Blob 19.97
Viva Pinata 9.97
Uno 2.97

I took my girlfriend and she went all out. She found a pair of Levi's for 7.97. They had a bunch for guys for 24.97, nothing my size though.[/QUOTE]

Which version of Uno?

Managed to pick up 2 copies of Metroid Prime Trilogy for $19.97 a piece. Thanks, guys. I've been looking for a way to get an affordable copy for a while now. Never checked out my local Sears for clearance deals.

Picked up Fallout 3 for the PS3...$19.99. It was the Non-GOTY edition though, those were still full price.

I saw this PSP game
091307 ... 07.97 ... 14.97 ... Wipeout Pure
and Tiger Woods 07 for PSP but both rang up $19.99 thru the price check
machine

Does this means they already cleared them out of their system

bread's done
Back