Official Sears Clearance Thread II - post Sears finds/deals here

I haven't seen a clearance section of games in any Sears in Western NY in the past couple weeks and I have shopped a lot. It seems that the clearance sections (of games) from these stores have been removed. It went from enough games to almost no games with pink tags at all, so much for waiting for it to drop when its all going to disappear. It also looked like they were doing inventory in a store today, lots of guys with laptops and scanners running around, plus white tags everywhere.

[quote name='SaraAB']I haven't seen a clearance section of games in any Sears in Western NY in the past couple weeks and I have shopped a lot. It seems that the clearance sections (of games) from these stores have been removed. It went from enough games to almost no games with pink tags at all, so much for waiting for it to drop when its all going to disappear. It also looked like they were doing inventory in a store today, lots of guys with laptops and scanners running around, plus white tags everywhere.[/QUOTE]

I saw all of the inventory tags(from RGIS) on the shelves yesterday when I went to re-check my closest Sears.

[quote name='TheHelix']how is tony hawk's proving ground? at 2.97 it's worth a try but i haven't played a tony hawk game since thug 2.[/QUOTE]

I loved THUG 2 and before. I'm not really liking proving grounds though... maybe its because i haven't played a tony hawk game in years.... then again, I had final fantasy 13 staring at me.... It's neat that you can addon to the level almost wherever you feel like... It has some new twists to the old formula... for $2.97 you cant really go wrong... you can get $4 for it from gamestop if you don't like it. :D

[quote name='TheHelix']how is tony hawk's proving ground? at 2.97 it's worth a try but i haven't played a tony hawk game since thug 2.[/QUOTE]

The goals aren't that great but the open world is very fun to play around in. Unfortunately the online community is next to dead (and when you do find someone online to play with they quickly drop from your match once they start losing). Still, but $2.97 you really can't go wrong.

[quote name='Zippon']You are a perfect example of the screwed up logic that passes for the "norm" these days. Sorry, but what you said is absolute garbage.

I'm always polite to a fault when asking for a scan. Saying I'm somehow wasting his time is ridiculous.

Let's put it another way: If the clearance games were priced properly to begin with, we wouldn't have to "WASTE" their time asking them to verify the correct price. :dunce:[/QUOTE]

You don't have to apologize. If having manners is "garbage," I'll gladly take your "insult" and wear like a badge of honor. Being polite is great, but asking someone to take out a bunch of games, scan them, and then leaving him when they aren't the price you want is rude. Again, they work on commission, and the time you're wasting could be spent servicing a customer that is actually buying something. You wouldn't want people doing it to you if you worked on commission. But, of course, such "logic" as the Golden Rule no longer applies in our society, at least not for folks like you.

As for games being marked properly, this has almost nothing to do with the lowly employee that you're wasting the time of. So, your "logic" is apparently garbage. If the department manager doesn't tell him them to do it, why would they? They probably don't even know they are on clearance, which is why when you ask, they tell you they are $40 or $50 or $60. Plus, if they were marked correctly, they wouldn't last long anyway, and then people like you would cry about hoarders taking all the games.

[quote name='arcane93']If, that is, there are actually any left next month. Things have been getting pretty cleaned out around here.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, there were dropped titles at my local Sears stores here and there, but I hit a couple today and they were all cleaned out except for Muramasa, that one still seems fairly easy to find. Gonna wait for the $9.97 drop, I think. I even got a pennied guide waiting to help me through it. :D

Anyone find at LIPS 360 for 4.97? I found 1 set but the one side was broken. If anyone could pick me up one Ill pay them for their trouble and shipping up to 20$.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']You don't have to apologize. If having manners is "garbage," I'll gladly take your "insult" and wear like a badge of honor. Being polite is great, but asking someone to take out a bunch of games, scan them, and then leaving him when they aren't the price you want is rude. Again, they work on commission, and the time you're wasting could be spent servicing a customer that is actually buying something. You wouldn't want people doing it to you if you worked on commission. But, of course, such "logic" as the Golden Rule no longer applies in our society, at least not for folks like you.[/QUOTE]

Problem is, bruce, this isn't a question of manners. That's my point. I'm asking someone to DO HIS JOB. Not in a rude way. And you are turning it into an etiquette situation. That's the "garbage" I'm referring to.

You are basically saying that if I want to know the price of something in a store--an item I'm almost certain is mispriced--I'm being rude. WTF?! And then you pile on some nonsense about asking them to scan a pile of games which I then don't buy.

A guy standing around, doing absolutely nothing, is asked to pull a couple of games and scan them. And you turn it into some holier-than-thou, "how dare you rudely waste his time", "I'm so much better than you because I have manners" scenario. Get off your high horse and join us back in the real world.

And for your information, I worked for years as a waiter. And I loved it. So I know all about manners and working for tips and such. I guess by your logic, I should have ignored the tables with kids and with special requests, since I probably wouldn't have made as much money off them. Right? Because your job is really about ignoring the parts you don't like and only concentrating on the money. That's the advice from the guy with the glowing manners, eh?......sheesh.

[quote name='Zippon']Problem is, bruce, this isn't a question of manners. That's my point. I'm asking someone to DO HIS JOB. Not in a rude way. And you are turning it into an etiquette situation. That's the "garbage" I'm referring to.

You are basically saying that if I want to know the price of something in a store--an item I'm almost certain is mispriced--I'm being rude. WTF?! And then you pile on some nonsense about asking them to scan a pile of games which I then don't buy.

A guy standing around, doing absolutely nothing, is asked to pull a couple of games and scan them. And you turn it into some holier-than-thou, "how dare you rudely waste his time", "I'm so much better than you because I have manners" scenario. Get off your high horse and join us back in the real world.

And for your information, I worked for years as a waiter. And I loved it. So I know all about manners and working for tips and such. I guess by your logic, I should have ignored the tables with kids and with special requests, since I probably wouldn't have made as much money off them. Right? Because your job is really about ignoring the parts you don't like and only concentrating on the money. That's the advice from the guy with the glowing manners, eh?......sheesh.[/QUOTE]

:lol::lol::applause::applause:

It's hard for some to understand that we're just asking these employees to do their job and not stand around waiting for the next shleppo to come in and pay full MSRP for a tv so they can make their commission. Whether they like it or not, the game section is part of electronics and there's typically 3-4 people standing around seemingly doing NOTHING there.

So why do they get all huffy when one of us comes in when there's no one else in electronics to wait on and we want a few games price checked?

If it's such a damn problem to do their job of giving good customer service to EVERYONE, then maybe they should tell their employer to hire someone specifically for the game section of electronics....or maybe they should just shut the fuck up and do their job and be happy they have one in this damned economy.:bomb:

I feel like you guys are talking about two different things here. It's one thing to ask the guy the to check the price on some items that you believe, based on the info that you have from here, are on clearance for less than the marked price if you intend to actually buy them if they ring up at the clearance prices. That's totally cool, and I don't think anyone should complain or fault you for it. I don't feel like that's what bigdaddybruce44 is talking about, though.

It's another thing entirely, and this is what I do think he's talking about, to have the guy running back and forth between the case and the register checking prices on items just because you're curious about them, when you have no actual intent to purchase unless they come up at some insanely low price that you have no reason to expect they'll be. That's just ridiculous, but there are people that ask for that.

My feeling about it -- plan ahead. Go to the case first, look for the items that you know are supposed to be on clearance that you're interested in, and only then, once you've found everything you're looking for, get the employee to come and get them out of the case and scan them all for you. Do them all at once. Don't make the guy run back and forth between the case and the register doing one item at a time. And don't make him scan a bunch of stuff that you have no actual intent of buying.

Yeah, it's his job, but that's not an excuse not to have your own shit together.

[quote name='xDerekRx']Anyone find at LIPS 360 for 4.97? I found 1 set but the one side was broken. If anyone could pick me up one Ill pay them for their trouble and shipping up to 20$.[/QUOTE]

Good luck with that... I'd have picked up the broken one. They might have given a little extra off... The fact is that the mic is much more expensive than $4.97. I would have snagged it.

Picked up in Mishawaka, IN.

Dead Space: Extraction Wii 14.xx
Muramasa Wii 19.xx

They also had A Boy And His Blob for $20, and about 10 copies of TNA: Impact for the Wii for $5.

I had to go all the way to freakin' MD to finally find these, but I picked up the following at the Sears in Montgomery Mall (Bethesda, MD)

:ps3: NGS2 - $19.97
:wii: Metroid Prime Trilogy - $19.97

Also picked up :ps3: Hot Shots Golf for $4.97

The store had a big selection of clearance games in 3 separate bins and some on the shelf. Lots of stuff for :360: and :wii: ...not as much :ps3: stuff, but a few decent titles (Dirt 2, Motorstorm PR, Brutal Legend, Wet,...). If you know something is on clearance at most other stores and you see it at this one, definitely don't be shy about asking them to price check it for you because NGS2 (along with a few others) were still marked at full price.

The IE in me was screaming and throwing fits cause this electronics section was one poor excuse for organization. It took all I had to keep from organizing their games. But if you have the time, you can find a few gems....

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='msriflegirl']I had to go all the way to freakin' MD to finally find these, but I picked up the following at the Sears in Montgomery Mall (Bethesda, MD)[/QUOTE]

Goddammit, don't come in from out of town and post the location of my one decent local store for lurkers and hoarders to raid!

(I'm half kidding . . . but only half . . . )

[quote name='msriflegirl']I had to go all the way to freakin' MD to finally find these, but I picked up the following at the Sears in Montgomery Mall (Bethesda, MD)[/QUOTE]

Goddammit, don't come in from out of town and post the location of my one decent local store for lurkers and hoarders to raid!

(I'm half kidding . . . but only half . . . :shame: )

It's been a while since I last visited Sears, and I just recently started clearance game hunting again.. I believe the last time I went to Sears was roughly a year ago, and when I went today, I noticed a whole bunch of vaguely familiar titles priced at the exact same prices as I recall them to be a year ago. All of these games were restickered with a MAR price tag, with the price being about $19.99 for most...

Titles included
:wii: Mercury Meltdown Revolution was $14.99 I think

:360: Fight Night Round 3
:360: Viva Pinata
:360: Orange Box

:ps3: Devil May Cry 4
:ps3: Ninja Gaiden

i dont remember the rest, but if I recall correctly, these were part of a drop a long time ago, and for some reason they have reappeared... There weren't just a couple either, there were two carts full of old games that were all priced at $19.99/$14.99, has anyone else had this happen to them at Sears?

[quote name='arcane93']Goddammit, don't come in from out of town and post the location of my one decent local store for lurkers and hoarders to raid!

(I'm half kidding . . . but only half . . . :shame: )[/QUOTE]

Lol...*looks over shoulder* 8-[

[quote name='trezzi']It's been a while since I last visited Sears, and I just recently started clearance game hunting again.. I believe the last time I went to Sears was roughly a year ago, and when I went today, I noticed a whole bunch of vaguely familiar titles priced at the exact same prices as I recall them to be a year ago. All of these games were restickered with a MAR price tag, with the price being about $19.99 for most...

Titles included
:wii: Mercury Meltdown Revolution was $14.99 I think

:360: Fight Night Round 3
:360: Viva Pinata
:360: Orange Box

:ps3: Devil May Cry 4
:ps3: Ninja Gaiden

i dont remember the rest, but if I recall correctly, these were part of a drop a long time ago, and for some reason they have reappeared... There weren't just a couple either, there were two carts full of old games that were all priced at $19.99/$14.99, has anyone else had this happen to them at Sears?[/QUOTE]
these are probably MSRP. some sears scans every single game and price every single one of them accordingly. i guess so that its easier for people to tell whether the prices are current.

[quote name='trezzi']

i dont remember the rest, but if I recall correctly, these were part of a drop a long time ago, and for some reason they have reappeared... There weren't just a couple either, there were two carts full of old games that were all priced at $19.99/$14.99, has anyone else had this happen to them at Sears?[/QUOTE]

Was there a sticker covering the upc? It's a generic UPC so they can just charge $14.99 for a bunch of games and not worry about keeping up with price drops. I've seen old clearanced games that didn't sell go this route. Or they'll combine two games in a shrink wrap and have a $14.99 sticker.

FYI: If anyone picked up :ps3:Hot Shots Golf: Out Of Bounds for $5 and can't stand it, it currently trades in for $7.25(credit) at Gamestop, $11.59 after 50% extra promo and EDGE 10% bump.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']FYI: If anyone picked up :ps3:Hot Shots Golf: Out Of Bounds for $5 and can't stand it, it currently trades in for $7.25(credit) at Gamestop, $11.59 after 50% extra promo and EDGE 10% bump.[/QUOTE]

Why did you tell me this?! Now I have doubts of whether to keep it! :D

I'm sure I'll keep it. It's a good, casual game when sitting around with friends and family.

[quote name='regis100']Why did you tell me this?! Now I have doubts of whether to keep it! :D

I'm sure I'll keep it. It's a good, casual game when sitting around with friends and family.[/QUOTE]

I figured I'd let those know who may find it's not to their liking, though they only have till the end of the day tomorrow to get the 50% bonus promo. Although if they can find a second game for the upcoming tiered trade deal, that game will qualify and they could get MORE than 50%($5 a game bonus).:D That's assuming the TIV holds though.

[quote name='Fire_Thief']Is Fallout 3 GOTY on PS3 clearanced out?[/QUOTE]

Read the frickin thread ... or just go make another idiotic utube

[quote name='Fire_Thief']Is Fallout 3 GOTY on PS3 clearanced out?[/QUOTE]

No. That's why I have 2 copies of it available, one on my TL which you've been asking me to take off there for a week because you're 'going to buy it this Friday'.:roll:

If it wasn't the price it is NOW, I would NOT have bought it.:D

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']FYI: If anyone picked up :ps3:Hot Shots Golf: Out Of Bounds for $5 and can't stand it, it currently trades in for $7.25(credit) at Gamestop, $11.59 after 50% extra promo and EDGE 10% bump.[/QUOTE]

Good info...the Amazon TIV dropped to $4.00 today from $11 on yesterday :(

Went to Sears tonight and found:

:ps3: Singstar vol. 2 $14.97
:ds: Final Fantasy IV $14.97

Not sure where they came from -- neither was there last time I went. Oh well, I was happy.

Then I went over to Micro Center and grabbed:

:ps2: Singstar 80s $6.28
:ps2: Singstar Amped $6.28

(they had :ps2: Singstar Country as well, but I had no interest in that whatsoever)

and finally to Target where I got:

:ps3: Singstar Queen $9.98

(yeah, I know I expressed reservations about it over on the Target thread, but I figured that while I was on a Singstar roll anyway, I might as well. ;))

So suddenly in one night I've got a nice karaoke collection, all for less than one of them would cost at regular price!

I stopped at an out-of-the way Sears and picked up Stuntman ignition for ps3 and Tony Hawks Proving ground. both for 2.97. Then on my way out. I saw a bin that read "1 dollar clearance games". It had all the 09 sports titles in it. It was so weird...clearance...on TOP of clearance, Ive never seen this before at a Sears. So I thought what the hell and picked up Nascar 09, NBA Live 09, (ps3) and Tiger Woods 09 (360) for 3 bucks. If nothing else I figure they make good cases...still no luck finding a ps3 FIFA 09 though...

[quote name='arcane93']I feel like you guys are talking about two different things here. (snipped for space)[/QUOTE]

Excellent post. Thanks. And I apologize if I seemed harsh. I was talking about asking for 2 or 3 games to be scanned (two of which I purchased), and the guy gave me MAJOR attitude about it. If bruce is envisioning some CAG going on a fact-finding mission where he asks for a dozen scans with no intention of buying, then I get his point. But how often does that happen? And it's not up to retail to preemptively assume no sale will be made. It just irks me when someone creates some fantasy extreme then insults everyone who doesn't agree with their viewpoint. But yeah, if that happened to a clerk repeatedly, I can see where he'd develop a bad attitude.

Back on track: no recent drops here. 3 stores nearby, and the prices seem about the same as a week or two ago. Pickings are getting slim anyway.

[quote name='Zippon']But how often does that happen?[/QUOTE]

Heh, actually, I watched a guy do it just last night. At least he had the courtesy to get together a stack of games before approaching the clerk, but he went up to the register with his stack and had the clerk scan all of them. From what I could overhear from where I was standing over at the clearance bin, it seemed as though some of them rang up as clearance and some didn't. What was really strange though was that when the clerk finished, the guy thanked him, picked up the whole stack and walked away. At first I thought he was just putting back the ones that didn't ring up as clearance, but then he seemed to just disappear entirely without actually buying anything.

I considered searching for where he had presumably stashed his stack, since the electronics area is pretty small and is closed off with sensors (so he couldn't have just taken the games elsewhere in the store), but I was already spending as much as I wanted to with what I'd found anyway, so I decided not to bother.

But yeah, it definitely happens.

[quote name='Zippon']Back on track: no recent drops here. 3 stores nearby, and the prices seem about the same as a week or two ago. Pickings are getting slim anyway.[/QUOTE]

Not surprising. Sears drops are usually once a month. You're not typically going to see changes from week to week. Best guess for when the next drops will happen is either April 2nd or April 9th. Other than that, your best bet is a find like I had last night with some titles that they didn't have before, where they must have taken them out of the back room or found a hoarder's stash or something.

[quote name='Zippon']If bruce is envisioning some CAG going on a fact-finding mission where he asks for a dozen scans with no intention of buying, then I get his point. But how often does that happen?[/QUOTE]

It used to happen fairly often with me around here when the local Kmart stores didn't do their damned updates for 2-3 weeks after a drop was supposed to have occured. The clerks did get annoyed, but since there was no one else besides them and I in electronics, I figured it would be no problem. Boy was I wrong.

Every time after that the same clerk would be there and just kind of sigh or groan when I came in to price check stuff. However, I believe I was always very grateful and thanked them repeatedly and I took the stack of games I had them price check back to the case with them so I could help them put them back.

So for them to get an attitude with me when I was being grateful and helping put back what I had them price check, that just made me wanna be the 'asshole' customer who asks for a dozen price checks, maybe says thanks once and walks away to let them put everything back.

It's their JOB to give customer service, whether there's a sale made out of all of that rigamarole or not. If they don't like doing that, then they shouldn't be working there. There's are millions of people who would probably kill for ANY job right now.

Not sure what to think about this but 1 Sears had Wii Animal Crossing for $4.97, but another Sears had it for $49.99. Anyone else see it for $4.97 or maybe it was a mistake in their system?

[quote name='Scrimble']Not sure what to think about this but 1 Sears had Wii Animal Crossing for $4.97, but another Sears had it for $49.99. Anyone else see it for $4.97 or maybe it was a mistake in their system?[/QUOTE]

I just bought it this past weekend for $4.97!!!

[quote name='Scrimble']OK thanks guys. Maybe I'll get the reciept from my friend who bought it and try a price match :)[/QUOTE]

Give it a shot. It worked for me when I found one copy of Naruto 2 :wii: for $2.97 at one store and $19.99 at another.

Hey thats my store stay out LOL!! BTW i cleaned out there Metriod trilogy

[quote name='lombarvm']Picked up in Mishawaka, IN.

Dead Space: Extraction Wii 14.xx
Muramasa Wii 19.xx

They also had A Boy And His Blob for $20, and about 10 copies of TNA: Impact for the Wii for $5.[/QUOTE]

bread's done
Back