Official Sears Clearance Thread II - post Sears finds/deals here

I had the normal edition for a while from one of those GS promos back when it came out(trade 2, get x game for $20), so I got it and sold it to a buddy of mine who wanted to play it. Then I think I traded him 2-3 or so $5 HWV sale games back for it to trade it in to get to the next tier during a GS promo. Then I ended up buying it again for $5 from HWV's $5 sale. Out of all of the times I've had it, I think I played it for all of 2 hours total.

But I figure if the GOTY edition makes it to $5 or $10 at Sears, I can justify holding onto it and deciding if I wanna play it for that price. But $20 is a bit much for any games anymore for me. Then again, I shouldn't talk, since Just Cause 2 cost me MSRP at Gamestop(as did God Of War III).

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Then again, I shouldn't talk, since Just Cause 2 cost me MSRP at Gamestop(as did God Of War III).[/QUOTE]
That's it, you need a new screen name.

[quote name='ackbar7']That's it, you need a new screen name.[/QUOTE]

You're right, his name is now a lie. You're a PHONY. PHONY!

(That's your cue Shimrra)

[quote name='ackbar7']That's it, you need a new screen name.[/QUOTE]

:lol::applause: Considering it's been a while since I paid MSRP for any games(since Little Big Planet and Mercs 2 released)I'd say my title is still safe. Then again, I guess I shouldn't let you know I also have the GTAIV: Episodes From Liberty City and Red Dead Redemption for PS3 fully pre-ordered at Gamestop too.:cry:

I'm ashamed. I've now paid MSRP for 6 games within the past 2-3 years, but I've been having an absolute blast in JC2 and I wanted the others for a while. Plus, you have to realize I didn't really pay 1:1 for all of the credit I used to pre-order all of those games. Best Buy really helped me in that respect with their coupon oopsies and the HWV $5 sales covered most of the rest.;)

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']:lol::applause: Considering it's been a while since I paid MSRP for any games(since Little Big Planet and Mercs 2 released)I'd say my title is still safe. Then again, I guess I shouldn't let you know I also have the GTAIV: Episodes From Liberty City and Red Dead Redemption for PS3 fully pre-ordered at Gamestop too.:cry:

I'm ashamed. I've now paid MSRP for 6 games within the past 2-3 years, but I've been having an absolute blast in JC2 and I wanted the others for a while. Plus, you have to realize I didn't really pay 1:1 for all of the credit I used to pre-order all of those games. Best Buy really helped me in that respect with their coupon oopsies and the HWV $5 sales covered most of the rest.;)[/QUOTE]

It's normal since you're making so much profit from this site by buying them clearance games and resell it for twice as much.

A few years ago I found several awesome buys at the Sears & K-Marts close to me, ever since it's been a mountain of fail. I had to pick up some parts for my lawn mower & weed eater so I went by Sears today. It looks like they had recently tagged and organized all of the clearance games and there were no deals to be found. Also I noticed they took out the lone self price scanner on the bottom floor.

Say it ain't so, Cheapest has actually paid FULL RETAIL for games :shock::shock::shock::shock:!

picked up farcry2, dirt2, motorstorm PR, and wolfenstein for $20 each, also i saw fallout 3 (reg) but didnt scan it since i have the GOTY version

whats next cheapest? i bet u preordered an ipad too huh??

[quote name='Fire_Thief']F3 GOTY on PS3 is 20 bucks? I really really want it... I will paypal someone 25 bucks for it too.[/QUOTE]

20 plus tax plus shipping plus bubble mailer plus time, effort, and gas = no deal

[quote name='dinovelvet']20 plus tax plus shipping plus bubble mailer plus time, effort, and gas = no deal[/QUOTE]
Unless you are already going to be at Sears, which means that gas wouldn't be a factor.

I sold games from Kmart clearance for close to cost since I was already at Kmart looking for games for me.

[quote name='Fire_Thief']F3 GOTY on PS3 is 20 bucks? I really really want it... I will paypal someone 25 bucks for it too.[/QUOTE]

Well...19.97*1.06=21.1682, bubble mailer $.75, shipping $3.00, delivery confirmation $.70, for me it would already be $25.62.

Oh and take out the paypal fee.

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']Well...19.97*1.06=21.1682, bubble mailer $.75, shipping $3.00, delivery confirmation $.70, for me it would already be $25.62.

Oh and take out the paypal fee.[/QUOTE]

For me it would be $19.97 *1.065+$1.92 for shipping w/DC through paypal + $1 for a bubble mailer.

$24.18 before paypal fees.

That's assuming I'm already headed to the mall.

FYI, for anyone else wondering, my closest Sears sold both the copies they had.(or moved them where I didn't see them)

[quote name='Fire_Thief']Anyone willing to do $25 shipped for me? I don't need DC and will cover the fees.[/QUOTE]

PSSST, wrong forum. Try the trading one. You'll get stuff deleted/warnings/banned for posting in threads like this.

[quote name='Chitown021']Say it ain't so, Cheapest has actually paid FULL RETAIL for games :shock::shock::shock::shock:![/QUOTE]

Not when you have cheaply made credit to burn(and then some) at Gamestop like I did. It wasn't MSRP in my mind since I acquired the credit so cheap. Thing is, if I hadn't sold my other $220 in credit I had to someone from CL for $160, I would've probably already pre-ordered Transformers: War For Cybertron too at the least.

[quote name='aleraiders']whats next cheapest? i bet u preordered an ipad too huh??[/QUOTE]

Nah. I'm not a tech junkie like that. It's one thing to pre-order games with credit I spent next to nothing to make, but a whole other thing to spend $500+ on a handheld computer. Now if one of those were to make it to Sears/Kmart and hit clearance, I might consider buying one for $50 at 90% off. Otherwise, no thanks.
[quote name='TheWooz']Maybe u should ask in one of your famous utube videos.[/QUOTE]
I never got a chance to see the penny guide one before he took it down, but I'm sure it was pretty funny. Judging by the picture that's his avatar, if that's him I imagine his voice sounds something like the kid who played McLovin in Superbad. I kid, I kid.

And FYI Fire_Thief, when a game costs $21.17 after tax, $3.83 is kinda pushing it for shipping+DC and anyone willing to ship w/o DC is asking for trouble. That's why I ship Priority Mail flat rate envelope anymore, since even first class took f'n forever the one time recently.

Picked up 2 Hot Shots PS3 for $4.97 each. The PSP Media Manager and Lips 360 Bundle both came up at regular price($24.99 and $59.99 respectively), I did see a few regular Fallout 3's, are those on clearance as well?

[quote name='dabamus']IATCG, shipping via paypal for a 4 oz package(most games) is $1.92 for First Class w/DC.[/QUOTE]
That's if you use Paypal, which I do not, plus I don't have a printer to print up the postage labels. You would think I would've grabbed one with all of the clearance deals I've picked up since I've been a member of CAG, but I just never had a need for one. Closest I came to picking one up was late last year when Kmart clearanced a Lexmark all-in-one for $15 or so I think.
[quote name='heatdolphins45']Picked up 2 Hot Shots PS3 for $4.97 each. The PSP Media Manager and Lips 360 Bundle both came up at regular price($24.99 and $59.99 respectively), I did see a few regular Fallout 3's, are those on clearance as well?[/QUOTE]

For the PS3 or 360? Cuz if you don't mind getting it for PS3, I think Gamestop has the original Fallout 3 for $19.99 currently during the Gamedays sale. I think Kmart may also have the original for PS3 for $19.99 too.

Before that was a photo printer from an out of town Sears. I think it was $1.97, but it was missing everything from the bundle cuz they were down to the display.

[quote name='drtomoe123']Picked up two Metroid Prime Trilogies for $20 each...no MadWorlds though. :([/QUOTE]

Keep your receipt, lol. Although, sometimes Sears doesn't reduce the price of a game if it has 0 on hand. I think you should've waited a week to see if it went down lower.

[quote name='heatdolphins45']Picked up 2 Hot Shots PS3 for $4.97 each. The PSP Media Manager and Lips 360 Bundle both came up at regular price($24.99 and $59.99 respectively), I did see a few regular Fallout 3's, are those on clearance as well?[/QUOTE]

No, but they're at $19.99 MSRP, which isn't too shabby. If the GOTY is too hard to find, then getting the regular plus a $10 share won't be too bad.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']That's if you use Paypal, which I do not, plus I don't have a printer to print up the postage labels. You would think I would've grabbed one with all of the clearance deals I've picked up since I've been a member of CAG, but I just never had a need for one. Closest I came to picking one up was late last year when Kmart clearanced a Lexmark all-in-one for $15 or so I think.
[/QUOTE]

No phone, no Pay[al, and now no printer. You just hate the letter P or do you refuse to buy new(ish) things? Do you still rock the BetaMAX?

[quote name='Devil May Cry']No phone, no Pay[al, and now no printer. You just hate the letter P or do you refuse to buy new(ish) things? Do you still rock the BetaMAX?[/QUOTE]

How'd you know? ;) Don't forget my 70's and 80's era clothes too and my 20 year old car. Oh God. I'm Al Bundy.

Kidding bout the clothes n car, though I did have a 1991 car in 2004-2005. LOL

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']How'd you know? ;) Don't forget my 70's and 80's era clothes too and my 20 year old car. Oh God. I'm Al Bundy.

Kidding bout the clothes n car, though I did have a 1991 car in 2004-2005. LOL[/QUOTE]

Hey, I still drive a 1992 car. Nothing to be ashamed about. :p

[quote name='dabamus']Hey, I still drive a 1992 car. Nothing to be ashamed about. :p[/QUOTE]

You're one hip dude compared to IATCG! One full year ahead of the times.

[quote name='sandrshe']Is the list not being updated anymore or did it move to a new forum? Sears Clearance for 2010[/QUOTE]

Skim the thread. It's not hard to keep up on what's on clearance if you pay attention to it.:roll:

As soon as the first post is updated, every one of my local Sears stores automatically becomes a wasteland for clearance, so I'm glad it's not updated.:razz:

And how does one only have 18 posts in 5 years here? Lurker much?;)

I assume there are more lurkers on this forum than posters... probably by a wide margin... I dont mind if the Lurkers have been members for 8 years and 8 posts (i dont have many in 4 years either) ... but I do mind if they ask questions that are obvious :)

[quote name='xDerekRx']I assume there are more lurkers on this forum than posters... probably by a wide margin... I dont mind if the Lurkers have been members for 8 years and 8 posts (i dont have many in 4 years either) ... but I do mind if they ask questions that are obvious :)[/QUOTE]

You mean like asking for a list of stuff that's on clearance when the list is able to be pieced together if they would just READ the damn thread?:lol:

Far be it from me to say someone is 'not a true CAG' for not wanting to hunt for the info, since even on the guide thread I kind of hope that whoever is reporting on drops will post it in red so I don't have to skim for very long, but maybe that's me just being a hypocrite again?:)

As for the post thing, I think I have so many posts in 5 years here cuz I'm a loudmouth who doesn't know when to shut up and I butt into alot of conversations that don't even pertain to me.:D;)

Hey. At least I admit it, right?

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']That's if you use Paypal, which I do not, plus I don't have a printer to print up the postage labels. You would think I would've grabbed one with all of the clearance deals I've picked up since I've been a member of CAG, but I just never had a need for one. Closest I came to picking one up was late last year when Kmart clearanced a Lexmark all-in-one for $15 or so I think.

For the PS3 or 360? Cuz if you don't mind getting it for PS3, I think Gamestop has the original Fallout 3 for $19.99 currently during the Gamedays sale. I think Kmart may also have the original for PS3 for $19.99 too.

Before that was a photo printer from an out of town Sears. I think it was $1.97, but it was missing everything from the bundle cuz they were down to the display.[/QUOTE]

You should be glad you didn't buy that Lexmark printer, they are garbage. If you really want a lexmark your better off getting one at a yard sale for 1$ or finding one for free on craigslist or freecycle. Either way its going to break fast. The first lexmark I had circa 1999 or so was good however after that one died, I bought one several years ago and it was utter crapola. They aren't even worth $15 on clearance... trust me.

I have a HP printer that has been going since 2006 or so, HP may be crap for computers however the printer is still going and I put cheap remanufacturered cartridges in it from ebay.

Thanks for the responses guys, is anything else currently noted that is worthwhile on clearance? My sears has a ton of sealed games just sitting there gathering dust. I'll hold off on Fallout 3 until I get can get the GOTY edition for $20, I played through half of the campaign a few months ago, and never got a chance to finish it but I wanted to play the expansions as well.

[quote name='heatdolphins45']Thanks for the responses guys, is anything else currently noted that is worthwhile on clearance? My sears has a ton of sealed games just sitting there gathering dust. I'll hold off on Fallout 3 until I get can get the GOTY edition for $20, I played through half of the campaign a few months ago, and never got a chance to finish it but I wanted to play the expansions as well.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, some folks have mentioned that the PS3 GOTY edition freezes, though I can't personally speak on this since I have yet to open the other copy I have to test it.

And LXL, I still have a copy available.;)

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Unfortunately, some folks have mentioned that the PS3 GOTY edition freezes, though I can't personally speak on this since I have yet to open the other copy I have to test it.

And LXL, I still have a copy available.;)[/QUOTE]

as good as the game is (fallout 3 goty) it does freeze, sometimes alot, but to me its still worth it

note - if u do get the game and it freezes, just push the PS button and wait for the xmb to come up, when u exit the xmb, the game "unfreezes", this worked about 85% of the time

[quote name='aleraiders']as good as the game is (fallout 3 goty) it does freeze, sometimes alot, but to me its still worth it

note - if u do get the game and it freezes, just push the PS button and wait for the xmb to come up, when u exit the xmb, the game "unfreezes", this worked about 85% of the time[/QUOTE]

Interesting. Thanks for the tip. I have a feeling I'm going to keep FO3 GOTY just to see what the big deal is, since at least I should be able to see it on my HD screen now.:D

Yeah it does freeze, I had it for about a week when I got it in a trade on swaptree and traded it away. But it's not a major issue. Is the $20 GOTY edition for PS3 the only hot item at sears? I have one in my local mall so I could essentially go every week with the movies being right next to it.

[quote name='heatdolphins45']Yeah it does freeze, I had it for about a week when I got it in a trade on swaptree and traded it away. But it's not a major issue. Is the $20 GOTY edition for PS3 the only hot item at sears? I have one in my local mall so I could essentially go every week with the movies being right next to it.[/QUOTE]

If you like offroad racing games, there's Dirt 2 for $20 and if you liked the Ninja Gaiden Sigma games, Sigma 2 is $20 too.

If you can find a copy of Hot Shots Golf: Out Of Bounds for PS3, it'll be $5 and to me any game is worth $5.

I don't really count Wii or 360 games, since I have neither, but if MPT and some of the other games on Wii or 360 drop to $10 or under this month, I might consider a few of them.

What I'm really hoping for though is for FO3 GOTY to drop to $10 this month. Then I'll go back and buy those other two I saw last week or so.

I just got a Wii recently, so I'm keeping an eye out for some of the better titles. Thankfully I'm not into Mario games anymore, so I don't have to bother with those. Right now I got all eyes on Madworld.

bread's done
Back