Official Sears Clearance Thread II - post Sears finds/deals here

wow pandabox, good job ;) sears appreciates your business, so does gamestop and the gamestop customers who get unused preowned games, every one wins :)

yeah luckily i frequent the hell out of the gamestop i go to, and the guy was cool with trading in multiple copies.

hell, the dude even helped me unwrap them at the counter. everyone around was like uhhh wtf

im way stoked tonite

[quote name='Velo214']wow pandabox, good job ;) sears appreciates your business, so does gamestop and the gamestop customers who get unused preowned games, every one wins :)[/QUOTE]
If some of the values in the GS thread are still somewhat accurate, then Motorstorm is about a $15-ish trade there after promo/EDGE.

But I'm gonna just shut up on this, since after all I've had my hoarding to flip moments too.:whistle2:#

yeah, the motorstorm is trading for 15.XX

yeah i know i hoarded and flipped :( but im getting married next friday and im broke, and reallllly wanted this bundle. couldn't pass up the opportunity

hahah thanks cheapest.

nah i had a 1st gen psp 1000? i think its called. i bought it at launch with ridge racer. sold it for a wii, and now i want another.

I had a chance to grab a PSP for $15 from some guy trying to sell it to a local shop and he was even gonna include a 1-2gb memory stick with it.

But I only had $10 on me and my family I was there with wouldn't lend me the other $5.:bomb:

I know it was probably hot as hell, but for $15 I was willing to take a chance for a PSP. That's about my price range for one.:razz: Even less for a PSP Go due to no reselling my games once I'm done with 'em.

[quote name='Velo214']wow pandabox, good job ;) sears appreciates your business, so does gamestop and the gamestop customers who get unused preowned games, every one wins :)[/QUOTE]

Wow... either that's meant to be sarcastic, or ignorance is bliss.

On a slightly more related note, it looks like my local Sears has a problem with people stealing discs out of their cases.

[quote name='pandabox']arnold, are the games still sealed? idk how people do that, unless its employees[/QUOTE]

Ive had 3 PS3 games where they were still sealed, but there was no disc inside. Basically the way ps3 games are sealed, if you have something skinny like a pocket knife or file or something, you can get in between the seal folds over the opening, pop the disc off of the spindle and slide it between the folds.

The store in Port Richey, FL has at least 10 DS games that arent even sealed. I dont even bother touching those and there was a guy on CAG who got hauled into security because they saw him pick up the game, so they figured he stole it. Held him in security for hours. But from what I understand, after signing a waiver, he got a pretty hefty giftcard for his trouble.

[quote name='Bezerker']Ive had 3 PS3 games where they were still sealed, but there was no disc inside. Basically the way ps3 games are sealed, if you have something skinny like a pocket knife or file or something, you can get in between the seal folds over the opening, pop the disc off of the spindle and slide it between the folds.

The store in Port Richey, FL has at least 10 DS games that arent even sealed. I dont even bother touching those and there was a guy on CAG who got hauled into security because they saw him pick up the game, so they figured he stole it. Held him in security for hours. But from what I understand, after signing a waiver, he got a pretty hefty giftcard for his trouble.[/QUOTE]
I actually bought a game that had no shrinkwrap on it, but I showed it to the employee before I even picked it up. I then proceeded to open the case in front of them while still in the store to make sure the game was in there. Once I saw it was and I checked to make sure it was in mint condition I then left with it and my other purchases.

Actually, I think it was a copy of GUN for the original Xbox and all that was left on it as far a seal went was the Xbox seal along the right side of the case.

Not really complaining, but will the OP ever be updated with more current drops? I'm mostly curious about DS drops I might be missing, and the posts on here aren't always the most accurate.

And I do understand the need to beat back the hoarders/flippers from raiding the place, but some of the games everyone has snapped up today aren't even on the lists at all.... Or does no else really care?

[quote name='pandabox']yeah i know i hoarded and flipped :( but im getting married next friday and im broke, and reallllly wanted this bundle. couldn't pass up the opportunity[/QUOTE]
:whistle2:# I'm going to go out on a limb and assume you're the groom? Because the bride would be way too busy doing a million different things the week before a wedding to go game hunting and flipping.

I'm one of the more serious girl gamers, and I am addicted to game deal hunting and the good flip... I will spend all kinds of time driving around atlanta hitting as many of X stores checking to see what I can get of Y. But even I, a cold-hearted (Cheapy's description), cynical woman would put the game hounding down right before a wedding. :lol:

[quote name='jupiterjones']Not really complaining, but will the OP ever be updated with more current drops? I'm mostly curious about DS drops I might be missing, and the posts on here aren't always the most accurate.

And I do understand the need to beat back the hoarders/flippers from raiding the place, but some of the games everyone has snapped up today aren't even on the lists at all.... Or does no else really care?[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't count on it; I think because of flipping talk from last month that everyone's on high alert and you only deserve to know if you keep up to date on the current thread. Or something like that. I don't care either way and politics on that subject get pretty heated and other than informing you thats about as involved as I want to get. Scary stuff! :O

[quote name='BriGuy27']i would love to find excitebots: trick racing w/ wii wheel for $5[/QUOTE]

Keep looking, I grabbed 2 at the store I work at today, my guess is any store that doesnt do their markdowns regularly will have them still in the case possibly.

Man Im wondering if I should go back and get the Bayonetta Ps3 I saw. Im not sure if itll ring up 19.97 since I didnt scan it cause I didnt even know it was clearanced, but at 19.97....hmmm. Would you guys say the game is worth it at this price? I heard something about the ps3 version being ruined because of load times or something to that extent...?

[quote name='pandabox']yeah luckily i frequent the hell out of the gamestop i go to, and the guy was cool with trading in multiple copies.

hell, the dude even helped me unwrap them at the counter. everyone around was like uhhh wtf

im way stoked tonite[/QUOTE]

Wow, i'm surprise that the GameStop guy did that for you because he would've been written up or possibly fired for what he did.

GameStop employees aren't suppose to take multiple copies of the same game from one person in a single day and they aren't suppose to encourage customer to open sealed copies of trade ins in the store. The fact that he helped you opened up the copies pretty much could get him fired on the spot. I've shopped at one Gamestop store for years and people know my name by heart; however, they would never go against policy for a loyal customer. He better count his blessings that LP doesn't look at his recent transactions.

[quote name='jupiterjones']Not really complaining, but will the OP ever be updated with more current drops? I'm mostly curious about DS drops I might be missing, and the posts on here aren't always the most accurate.

And I do understand the need to beat back the hoarders/flippers from raiding the place, but some of the games everyone has snapped up today aren't even on the lists at all.... Or does no else really care?[/QUOTE]
I'm in the 'don't really care if the OP is fully updated' category. Although that's only because I feel that people should have to pay attention to the deal threads to get any deals and the updated OP's make it too easy for someone to just print a list and clear out every Sears of anything decent.:cry:

^^ I agree with IATCG. If you want to pick some cheap good clearance games, then follow the thread.

I checked the following at my local Sears:

:ps2: Persona 3 FES $29.99
:wii: Dead Space Extraction $29.99
:360: Viva Pinata Party Animals $19.99
:360: Banjo & Kazooie Nuts and Bolts $19.99

I can confirm all the drops reported for today. CAGs who are able to pick up so much good stuff for ~$5 are so lucky. Most stuff in my area gets cleaned out at the $9.97 price point:cry: There is a local El Hoardo who sells them on Craigslist.

Kinda of silly for them being against unwrapping a trade in store. That means someone is getting a used game in primo condition. Hell it is in better shape than their "new" gutted copies they sell.

[quote name='jlarlee']Kinda of silly for them being against unwrapping a trade in store. That means someone is getting a used game in primo condition.[/QUOTE]

They don't care too much about the condition of things they sell. They do care a lot about not selling stolen goods. Doing so puts them at risk of losing those items if located by their owner, or of losing their pawnbroker license.

Speaking of flipping...looks like bestbuy/dealtree only takes 3 copies of the same game in a year's time now:

"Limit: We will not accept more than 3 games of the same title and platform from a customer (or address) in a year. Please do not submit more than the limit as excess submissions WILL NOT BE RETURNED."

yes, i am the groom...and why should i quit deal hunting? everything is finished, all we have to do is show up.

im in the "dont post drops in op" boat, follow the thread and get rewarded, otherwise everyone would get everything before we get there

and yeah, i think the guy at gs dgaf, they are all pretty lax there

Bought :wii:TNA Impact for .97 and traded it in for around $5
:ps3:Bakugan for $4.97 and traded it in for $12
:psp:Loco Roco 2 for $2.97
:wii:Boy and His Blob $4.97

Got multiple copies of :wii:Boy and His Blob if anyone wants one also I remember people talking about a TNA Sting :dvd: just pay shipping and the DVD is yours. PM me.

[quote name='VideoGamesIzFun']Bought :wii:TNA Impact for .97 and traded it in for around $5
:ps3:Bakugan for $4.97 and traded it in for $12
:psp:Loco Roco 2 for $2.97
:wii:Boy and His Blob $4.97

Picked up Bakugan sheerly for the trophies lol... may go back tomorrow and try the flip for 12 tho.. we shall see... my sears had no price change on
PS3-Drake's Fortune
PS3-Resistance 2
PS3-Infamous
all were 29.99 still.... and someone cleared the God Of War Collections out so no chance of that at the Tucson, AZ Sears...

[quote name='JAlbertL']Do Sears stores keep receiving shipments of clearance games?[/QUOTE]

Come on now.... They are putting existing stock on clearance like every other store would do.. The only time I think they get games shipped in for specific sales is around black friday for the xmas holiday and those are the ones usually with the generic barcode over the original.

[quote name='pandabox']yes, i am the groom...and why should i quit deal hunting? everything is finished, all we have to do is show up.[/QUOTE]

It's never finished until the reception is closed down and you've legally done the deed for the first time that night. :mrgreen:

In all seriousness: you already have your Tuxedos a week in advance?

we arent wearing tuxedos. she is wearing a wedding dress, and im wearing a linen suit. its a small wedding on the beach

Checked my local Sears yesterday to see if Muramasa dropped. It still hasn't budged from $19.99. So ticked off since that's basically the only game in the clearance cycle I actually want. Anyone want to help me out if you can pick up a copy? I'd easily trade my still sealed Wario Land: Shake it for one or pay cost, shipping, and a few extra bucks for one.

[quote name='afultz075']Checked my local Sears yesterday to see if Muramasa dropped. It still hasn't budged from $19.99. So ticked off since that's basically the only game in the clearance cycle I actually want. Anyone want to help me out if you can pick up a copy? I'd easily trade my still sealed Wario Land: Shake it for one or pay cost, shipping, and a few extra bucks for one.[/QUOTE]

I'll see if I find anything today.

and panda, congratulations!

[quote name='pandabox']yes, i am the groom...and why should i quit deal hunting?[/QUOTE]You shouldn't quit hunting. Not if you have the time.

everything is finished, all we have to do is show up.
Ha! Last night I was talking with someone about this, and the differences between men and women in certain situations. We both commented that women are busy finishing a million different things in every free minute till the actual ceremony, and men generally just show up at the appointed time. :lol:

Before people get bent out of shape, this isn't an insult. Women just become total control freaks over weddings, and their world revolves around that upcoming event for weeks until it actually happens.

More importantly, congratulations. Be good to each other always.

Ok so my store was weird. LocoRoco 2 dropped to 2.97, but TNA Impact (Wii) was 14.99? Gonna go back and scan Lego Rock Band (PS3) after work

went to another sears and picked up

boy and his blob ( there 1 more left at that location) 4.97
dirt 2 9.97

transformer is still 30

when the hell is gear of war 2 gonna go clearance all the sears have about 20 at each store

[quote name='BmBoWnZ']Ok so my store was weird. LocoRoco 2 dropped to 2.97, but TNA Impact (Wii) was 14.99? Gonna go back and scan Lego Rock Band (PS3) after work[/QUOTE]

Yea I got :wii:TNA Impact for .97 at one store and it was $14.99 at another and I think it was the value one Yoshi mentioned.

[quote name='Derrick1979']2 years ago when I got married the night before the wedding when we split ways for the night I went around doing a little cheap game hunting :D[/QUOTE]

I spent the night before playing Blitz, a real exhilarating last night of being single

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']Gonna try for a return/rebuy tomorrow, then? ;) I don't know if you'd be interested or not, but there was one copy of Motorstorm: Pacific Rift and a BUNCH of a Boy and His Blob there the last time I visited, too. :D[/QUOTE]

No, my fiancee has become a giant Guitar Hero fan. She didn't play any of the games from the past so its all new to her.

I may end up going back to pick some of those up (if there are any left) when I get paid next week. Although, I'm still lurking on Game Crazy. They still have most of their games (as of the middle of this week). And on top of that the town my fiancee is from is small as hell and has a Movie Gallery. I went in there last week and there are a ton of games that are basically brand new because no one rented them...ever. They were up to 30% off and they had most of their merchandise still available.

bread's done
Back