Official Sears Clearance Thread II - post Sears finds/deals here

[quote name='confoosious']Has anyone found any Gamecube games lately in the $.1.97 range? I need a new case.

I haven't heard talk of a Gamecube clearance in ages.[/QUOTE]
You could also try Blockbuster, since their rental cases are about the same design as a Gamecube case, complete with the hole in the bottom of the case.:)

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']You could also try Blockbuster, since their rental cases are about the same design as a Gamecube case, complete with the hole in the bottom of the case.:)[/QUOTE]

i hate blockbuster cases more than i do old gamecube cases. :)

but thanks for the suggestion.

I'll find one eventually for like $1.

At some point, there will be a store somewhere clearancing out MLB HIgh Heat 2003 new for $1.

I finally got a chance to stop in at the only Sears in my town with games and they were pretty picked over.

Only saw Wolfenstein for the 360 for $14.98 and Singstar: ABBA for $19.98.

Going to have to head back there next month to see if anything else shows up.

Damn. I walk through Sears right by their electronics dept every time I go to Gamestop. I need to start checking their clearance.

[quote name='confoosious']i hate blockbuster cases more than i do old gamecube cases. :)

but thanks for the suggestion.

I'll find one eventually for like $1.

At some point, there will be a store somewhere clearancing out MLB HIgh Heat 2003 new for $1.[/QUOTE]
Might I suggest NFL 2K3 if you can find it in stock at a GS near you? It's only $.99.

If you are having issues getting stickers off, I'd also suggest using lighter fluid to take off any sticker residue, as it works 10x better than Goo Gone.

Be careful with any type of scrubbing action and paper. I would recommend not using a microfiber cloth on paper surfaces, as it will scratch into the paper quicker than a regular soft cloth with.

Always test a spot first, and like confoosious said above, apply it to a cloth first, then apply that wet bit of cloth directly to your price sticker.

Checked Sears by me last night right before the crazy storm hit. Found 4 or 5 games that should be on clearance, but all rang up for $20 to $30 each. I think this store is a month or 2 behind.

Sears in Natick MA (work there) don't update their prices much and they have a big bin of games in the open on clearance, most of them scan $20-30.

[quote name='GoVols']when is the next drop scheduled?[/QUOTE]
The fifth Wednesday of this month during a full solar eclipse while you're standing on one leg and attempting to recite the Gettysburg Address backwards.

When were the prior drops? Figure that out and you have your answer.:roll:

If you paid attention to the thread more often, then you'd know when the drops typically happen(first Friday of the month usually)and not have to ask a redundant question like the people who ask about drops in every other thread where drops happen on a semi regular schedule.

It's really not that hard to check your subscribed threads, see if there's been a bunch of activity in them and then skim those posts that have been made to see if anything dropped.

[quote name='husyk']Sears in Natick MA (work there) don't update their prices much and they have a big bin of games in the open on clearance, most of them scan $20-30.[/QUOTE]

Yup. Occasionally I pop in there and it's always the same.

[quote name='husyk']Sears in Natick MA (work there) don't update their prices much and they have a big bin of games in the open on clearance, most of them scan $20-30.[/QUOTE]
Same for Burlington MA. I used to work there and they never, ever update the prices for clearance.

[quote name='shieryda']Checked Sears by me last night right before the crazy storm hit. Found 4 or 5 games that should be on clearance, but all rang up for $20 to $30 each. I think this store is a month or 2 behind.[/QUOTE]

It seems a few games at every store are like that, I checked a store last night that had games also for $29.99 that have been on clearance for months at other Sears

[quote name='YoshiFan1']It seems a few games at every store are like that, I checked a store last night that had games also for $29.99 that have been on clearance for months at other Sears[/QUOTE]
Might be a dumb question... but couldn't you buy the game for $30 at one sears then return it to a sears that has it on clearance, then simply rebuy it at their clearanced price?

Yes, you could, but the problem is finding another store with the clearance item in stock.

I could print a bunch of UPC's and scan them to see if the prices are lower by me, but I haven't had a chance to do it yet.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']If you paid attention to the thread more often, then you'd know when the drops typically happen(first Friday of the month usually)and not have to ask a redundant question like the people who ask about drops in every other thread where drops happen on a semi regular schedule.

It's really not that hard to check your subscribed threads, see if there's been a bunch of activity in them and then skim those posts that have been made to see if anything dropped.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for all your help! It is really appreciated. You could work on your tact but still, "you speak your mind."

Last edited by a moderator:
Didn't find much at the Sears in Quakerbridge Mall in NJ. Was looking specifically for Wet and Dirt 2 for Xbox. I did see a copy of Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 for Xbox, but I didn't bother to check the price. Looks like either the good stuff is in the back, or the store has already been cleaned out. Was in a rush so I didn't have time to ask someone to look around for me.

[quote name='breakingcustoms']my sears has Wolfenstein (360) for $14.97...is it worth it for that price?[/QUOTE]

Don't know how good the game is, but if you're interested in it, it's only a couple weeks from another price drop.

Alright. Who cleaned out my other local Sears since I was there just last week? They had something like 6-8 copies of Loco Roco 2 for PSP(as well as other various games, including 2 Dirt 2's for PS3) and they were down to ONE copy of LR2 tonight and not much else.

Lucky for me I got all of the games I wanted to get from the further store this past weekend, so now I just have to wait till the next clearance round starts.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Alright. Who cleaned out my other local Sears since I was there just last week? They had something like 6-8 copies of Loco Roco 2 for PSP(as well as other various games, including 2 Dirt 2's for PS3) and they were down to ONE copy of LR2 tonight and not much else.

Lucky for me I got all of the games I wanted to get from the further store this past weekend, so now I just have to wait till the next clearance round starts.[/QUOTE]

he strikes again....#-o

Actually I told one or two of the other CAG's from around where the second store is about a few games that were there last month, since I didn't wanna be a greedy hoarder and grab everything.

So hopefully they got them and not one of the employees or a hoarder(like me):evil:.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Actually I told one or two of the other CAG's from around where the second store is about a few games that were there last month, since I didn't wanna be a greedy hoarder and grab everything.

So hopefully they got them and not one of the employees or a hoarder(like me):evil:.[/QUOTE]

Well that was nice of you, hopefully it was another CAG!

Gonna try a few Sears tomorrow, but with my luck, all will have nothing as usual -.-

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Actually I told one or two of the other CAG's from around where the second store is about a few games that were there last month, since I didn't wanna be a greedy hoarder and grab everything.

So hopefully they got them and not one of the employees or a hoarder(like me):evil:.[/QUOTE]

he wears many disguises....:spam:

Now I'm not sure if this has been answered before and I follow this thread a lot, but is there a surefire way to find the newly-clearanced titles? (other than scanning everything in the store) :roll: I know the drops but I wanna know how we figure out what is on clearance in the first place ya know?

[quote name='BmBoWnZ']Now I'm not sure if this has been answered before and I follow this thread a lot, but is there a surefire way to find the newly-clearanced titles? (other than scanning everything in the store) :roll: I know the drops but I wanna know how we figure out what is on clearance in the first place ya know?[/QUOTE]

Scanning with a UPC sheet or the actual games IS the sure way. I've seen stores within 5-10 miles of each other vary in prices. Sorry, there is no easy way out.

How we know what is on clearance in the first place either comes from people randomly scanning games or Sears employee reports. Usually a game will start at a higher clearance price (Ex: Bayonetta was recently reported to have hit the clearance cycle at 19.97, I assume it will drop 5 dollars a month, but the only way to know for sure is to check it after the drop date).

I hit the jackpot in a mall Sears today. :D I ended up with these:

:ps3: Dirt 2- $10
:ps3: Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2- $10
:ps3: Motorstorm: Pacific Rift- $5
:ps3: Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds- $.97
:ps3: Tony Hawk's Proving Ground- $0.47
:wii: Excitebots w/ Wheel- $5

I'll be taking Dirt and Ninja Gaiden to my Sears to do a return rebuy and see if I can get them back for $5. ^_^ Thanks again, CAG!

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']I hit the jackpot in a mall Sears today. :D I ended up with these:

:ps3: Dirt 2- $10
:ps3: Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2- $10
:ps3: Motorstorm: Pacific Rift- $5
:ps3: Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds- $.97
:ps3: Tony Hawk's Proving Ground- $0.47
:wii: Excitebots w/ Wheel- $5

I'll be taking Dirt and Ninja Gaiden to my Sears to do a return rebuy and see if I can get them back for $5. ^_^ Thanks again, CAG![/QUOTE]

Too bad today was the last day for the offer or you could've traded in that Dirt 2 for $25 at Gamestop.;)

Found Final Fantasy: Revelant Wings and Animal Crossing for the DS today. FF was $15, gonna wait for another drop and hope it's still there. Animal crossing... was $35. But it scanned up as "clearance", but with no discount, lol!

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Too bad today was the last day for the offer or you could've traded in that Dirt 2 for $25 at Gamestop.;)[/QUOTE]
Ugh, don't remind me. :/ I forgot those promotions ended on Sunday, and I forgot to check the date on when it ended. Ebay still quite a bit for Dirt 2, though, in case I can't take advantage of some promos for it. Maybe I can finally have a reason to start selling stuff on ebay. :p

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']Ugh, don't remind me. :/ I forgot those promotions ended on Sunday, and I forgot to check the date on when it ended. Ebay still quite a bit for Dirt 2, though, in case I can't take advantage of some promos for it. Maybe I can finally have a reason to start selling stuff on ebay. :p[/QUOTE]

Another thing you could do is to put the Dirt 2 disc into a PS3 and try "playing" it (I think that's the right word). I've heard some people do this, but it doesn't make any money, so maybe it's a waste of time.

[quote name='dinovelvet']Another thing you could do is to put the Dirt 2 disc into a PS3 and try "playing" it (I think that's the right word). I've heard some people do this, but it doesn't make any money, so maybe it's a waste of time.[/QUOTE]Especially since Dirt 2 is a wicked awesome racer.

[quote name='dinovelvet']Another thing you could do is to put the Dirt 2 disc into a PS3 and try "playing" it (I think that's the right word). I've heard some people do this, but it doesn't make any money, so maybe it's a waste of time.[/QUOTE]

If it won't load, try blowing in the slot or moving the disc to one side, sometimes that helps. :)

[quote name='dinovelvet']Another thing you could do is to put the Dirt 2 disc into a PS3 and try "playing" it (I think that's the right word). I've heard some people do this, but it doesn't make any money, so maybe it's a waste of time.[/QUOTE]
Playing a game? How does one play a game? :lol: I still play alot of my games, but if I can find a game(or nine) that I can trade in that I have no interest in to make enough credit to get games I want then I'll still do it.

Speaking of which, I still have to figure out where the hell to offload these Motorstorm: Pacific Rift copies I picked up.;)

lol. Respect.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Playing a game? How does one play a game? :lol: I still play alot of my games, but if I can find a game(or nine) that I can trade in that I have no interest in to make enough credit to get games I want then I'll still do it.

Speaking of which, I still have to figure out where the hell to offload these Motorstorm: Pacific Rift copies I picked up.;)[/QUOTE]

:whistle2:k ............... :wave:

I've been wanting to add that to my collection. PM me your shipped price.

Almost and awesome clearance story:

Early in June, I bought a 32in bravia and a wall mount at my local Sears. While doing the rounds last week, I found the same wall mount on clearance at a store across town for $30 less. So I bought it and took it back to Sears #1 to return it with the original receipt. The girl at the electronics register told me before the return started that she might not be able to help me because their system was down and she was having to manually key in everything (sounded like the scanner was down). Anyway-- she gets my phone number and starts manually keying the return. A moment passes then she says "Man, these things are pricey", and hands me back my receipt and tells me to have a good night. I look down and realize she has credited me back the cost of the TV and not the mount. A $550.00 credit, instead of a $100.00 one. I held the receipt for a minute before deciding that I couldn't in good conscious walk out of the store. So i stopped her as she walked away and pointed out the mistake. She nearly fell over when I pointed it out to her. She was very appreciative, and thanked me several times while correcting the mistake.

[quote name='nbballard']Almost and awesome clearance story:

Early in June, I bought a 32in bravia and a wall mount at my local Sears. While doing the rounds last week, I found the same wall mount on clearance at a store across town for $30 less. So I bought it and took it back to Sears #1 to return it with the original receipt. The girl at the electronics register told me before the return started that she might not be able to help me because their system was down and she was having to manually key in everything (sounded like the scanner was down). Anyway-- she gets my phone number and starts manually keying the return. A moment passes then she says "Man, these things are pricey", and hands me back my receipt and tells me to have a good night. I look down and realize she has credited me back the cost of the TV and not the mount. A $550.00 credit, instead of a $100.00 one. I held the receipt for a minute before deciding that I couldn't in good conscious walk out of the store. So i stopped her as she walked away and pointed out the mistake. She nearly fell over when I pointed it out to her. She was very appreciative, and thanked me several times while correcting the mistake.[/QUOTE]

+10 for honesty!

bread's done
Back