Official Sears Clearance Thread II - post Sears finds/deals here

[quote name='confoosious']
In the Target thread, it's the Plastic Prisons.
[/QUOTE]

It's one thing to get butt-hurt over not having a list and start ranting about tinfoil, but the Target electronics department conversion is a real thing that happened and it actually removed clearance sections in many stores in real life.

I don't know if you are one of the "life partners" of one of the SHC people and that is the cause of the defensive remarks about the clearance, but saying the Target conversions didn't have any impact on clearance sections is just plain ignorance.

Good day sir.

[quote name='sadakou']It's one thing to get butt-hurt over not having a list and start ranting about tinfoil, but the Target electronics department conversion is a real thing that happened and it actually removed clearance sections in many stores in real life.

I don't know if you are one of the "life partners" of one of the SHC people and that is the cause of the defensive remarks about the clearance, but saying the Target conversions didn't have any impact on clearance sections is just plain ignorance.

Good day sir.[/QUOTE]

My local Targets have all went to the "Plastic Prison" setup but yet still has a small end cap with clearance or actual clearance tags right under the tile in its prison cell..

One thing I mentioned way early in the Plastic Prison event was that some stores were behind on clearance in general with the new setup so it doesnt hurt that if you see a title that has been on the known clearance list to get an Employee to scan it...
One important thing people lately have seem to have let slip from memory is that Target Clearance is know to be extremely "YMMV" with titles not even on clearance that are at the store down the road or prices being behind other stores...

Relax it will work out.. Be patient you will be alright.. every year there are periods of dry spells in clearance in general and then boom one month its an overload.

Target and Sears clearance in general have been pretty crappy in my area due to people snatching it all up and im not crying about it im used to it.

[quote name='Derrick1979']I would like to see confoosious take this on because he doesnt seem like he will take any shit from the cry babies or IATCG seeing he runs the Reduced Guide thread and does an excellent job there.[/QUOTE]
I've been slacking on the guide thread as of late though, since I smushed two weeks of Gamestop guide drops into one drop list, even though they happened about a week apart.:razz:

Then again, I sometimes feel that we miss stuff from one week to the next and that maybe double of what was reported as having dropped did indeed drop. We have a couple Best Buy employees on that thread giving us potential guides that might drop, but no one from Gamestop to say definitively that X, Y and Z dropped and when.:cry:

Plus it seems like everyone(and there used to be a ton of people)who used to go out and check on the usual drop days have disappeared and been replaced by people(like me most times)who won't bother to check out of either laziness or not wanting to waste their time/gas.

[quote name='Derrick1979']Maybe the first post int he new thread should just be an imformation hub..

Namely explain terms for noobs, and give links or whatever to the sites you use to create your scan sheets... If all else just put in the main post clearly that deals are listed throught the thread so check it to find deals posted by other CAG... that would most likely chase off a bunch of lurkers seeing they would have to actually watch the thread but all in all they will never go away because some will do the leg work...

Most of us regulars on this thread are already used to just watching posts to see what prices are being found,etc....
Either way whomever takes over this thread GL and look forward to seeing the new layout.[/QUOTE]
+1 to all the above

Those of you attacking others for their opinions are childish and pathetic. If you dont get or cant get a clearance game for $5 dont blame anyone. It is not any one person or thing in particular. There are usually many reasons for anything occurring in life. Is your life really that pathetic that not getting cheap games causes you such emotional harm you need to berate others to make yourself feel better?

EDIT: I just realized I did exactly what I told others not to do. Oh well...

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I've been slacking on the guide thread as of late though, since I smushed two weeks of Gamestop guide drops into one drop list, even though they happened about a week apart.:razz:

Then again, I sometimes feel that we miss stuff from one week to the next and that maybe double of what was reported as having dropped did indeed drop. We have a couple Best Buy employees on that thread giving us potential guides that might drop, but no one from Gamestop to say definitively that X, Y and Z dropped and when.:cry:

Plus it seems like everyone(and there used to be a ton of people)who used to go out and check on the usual drop days have disappeared and been replaced by people(like me most times)who won't bother to check out of either laziness or not wanting to waste their time/gas.[/QUOTE]

I kind of restrain myself from getting the prices checked seeing I have to get someone to do it because 2 times now I got price checks just to have them take them and say they cant sell them they are supposed to be pulled lol.
I got a Bowsers Inside Story on Sunday but that has been the only penny guide I got in months

[quote name='Derrick1979']I kind of restrain myself from getting the prices checked seeing I have to get someone to do it because 2 times now I got price checks just to have them take them and say they cant sell them they are supposed to be pulled lol.
I got a Bowsers Inside Story on Sunday but that has been the only penny guide I got in months[/QUOTE]

I find that funny, since I mentioned to the one clerk at my closest GS last week that they had two copies of the Dead To Rights guide on the shelf still. He put them behind the counter and save me one for later(store was packed when I was there)to give to me for helping him out.

So I go back today and the DTR guides are back on the shelf....again.:lol: So I brought it to the attention of the only employee working there today and he hands me one of the two AND goes into the back room and gives me a Bioshock 2 softcover(w/ a penny price tag on it:lol:) for free.

[quote name='Derrick1979']My local Targets have all went to the "Plastic Prison" setup but yet still has a small end cap with clearance or actual clearance tags right under the tile in its prison cell..

Target Clearance is know to be extremely "YMMV"[/QUOTE]

Of course the clearance is going to be "YMMV" from store to store, but the point I was trying to make is there are many stores that have had a huge clearance end-cap for years which is now MIA ever since the conversion. So, as much as Ralph would like to believe we are all being paranoid with tinfoil, that is not the case.

There are many CAGs here that just put their fingers in their ears and go "lalalalala" just because they have no problems finding clearance at THEIR stores, rather than looking at how changes on CAG and in B&Ms effect clearance nation-wide.

A big part of the current clearance drought is due to the cyclical nature of the business cycle. Over the last two years there were a ton of games being released, while at the same time demand was falling. Demand has stabilized, the release calendar is thinner, and retailers have adjusted thier inventories accordingly.

what the heck happened in here? If this is true about the SHC K-Mart guy hijacking the clearance at both K-Mart and Sear's that is not cool! I only got my first taste of Sear's clearance this year and its pretty good if you find a location with a good stash. I don't know why SHC would want to squash our plans to get CHEAP ASS games..seems like if the product moves, it's good for business?

(Plus, I mean the deals he touts as being 'deal of the century' aren't that great! Sure it's usually on fresh new games, but they'll fall even further than any one week sale over 2 months time..)

[quote name='token2k6']what the heck happened in here? If this is true about the SHC K-Mart guy hijacking the clearance at both K-Mart and Sear's that is not cool! I only got my first taste of Sear's clearance this year and its pretty good if you find a location with a good stash. I don't know why SHC would want to squash our plans to get CHEAP ASS games..seems like if the product moves, it's good for business?

(Plus, I mean the deals he touts as being 'deal of the century' aren't that great! Sure it's usually on fresh new games, but they'll fall even further than any one week sale over 2 months time..)[/QUOTE]

well, it's pretty damn factual that clearance at K has all but dried up since the corporate invasion (lol ... sounds extreme, but note we have at least 8, not 1 K/Sears corporate staffers monitoring the site) They are in charge of pricing for K&S not just K...
(it's been changed since they arrived, not since the "slow" part of the year rolled around...)

cagers are gushing over the corporate Kmart thread and perhaps feel the deals posted for new titles are cag only:roll:? who knows ...

going forward, assuming there is much to report in the future.. downplaying the finds rather than repeating them (isn't one or even 2 confirmations enough?) with bragging about multiples might take things down a notch in the "profit priority chain"

just a thought ...

and damn, I missed the crybaby posts, perhaps phear deleted them? (JK)

Thanks phear for all you have done and your patience.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just so you know, Sears and Kmart are both owned by, well, Sears Holdings. This said, Kmart and Sears offer separate deals, so we think it's best to post them separately!

(NOTE: I'm the social media manager for Sears/Kmart electronics)

[quote name='PublikDefender']checked out a sears and didn't find any drops yet. but after having a bunch of games scanned, the clerk got pissed and refused to scan the picture frame.

does anyone know how much the colby 7 inch picture frame is supposed to be? the clerk said it is $49.99 but I don't believe him. It was the last one in stock sitting in some clearance pile.[/QUOTE]

Times like that you request a manager. Usually straightens them out.

It's in companies best interest to clearance left over stock in order to reduce inventory costs. Old merchandise that isn't moving also takes up room that could be used to sell other merchandise.

[quote name='danielhonigman']Just so you know, Sears and Kmart are both owned by, well, Sears Holdings. This said, Kmart and Sears offer separate deals, so we think it's best to post them separately!

(NOTE: I'm the social media manager for Sears/Kmart electronics)[/QUOTE]

great....

[quote name='token2k6']what the heck happened in here? If this is true about the SHC K-Mart guy hijacking the clearance at both K-Mart and Sear's that is not cool! I only got my first taste of Sear's clearance this year and its pretty good if you find a location with a good stash. I don't know why SHC would want to squash our plans to get CHEAP ASS games..seems like if the product moves, it's good for business?

(Plus, I mean the deals he touts as being 'deal of the century' aren't that great! Sure it's usually on fresh new games, but they'll fall even further than any one week sale over 2 months time..)[/QUOTE]

actually, i would think it hurts sears or kmart if all of sudden just because SHC crew has a vendetta against the sears/kmart clearance threads because i hardly go to kmart, and im regretting buying tons of stuff at sears, if this $1 drop becomes a regular occurance at sears

its really hit and miss with the deals, especially that crackdown 2 deal, you get a $20 gaming coupon while you can get crackdown 2 for $40 on other sites, im not hating on the deals cuz ive purchased mass effect 2 for $20

[quote name='danielhonigman']Just so you know, Sears and Kmart are both owned by, well, Sears Holdings. This said, Kmart and Sears offer separate deals, so we think it's best to post them separately!

Congrats? fuck, CAG is becoming a corporate hell. Pretty soon we are gonna have Gamestop Execs creating and posting in threads.

Yeah, these managers and execs need to get the hell out of these clearance threads. No one wants you here.

I'm really not understanding the paranoia here. Just because a company rep is on this forum doesn't mean they are trying to somehow stamp out clearance shopping. Lord knows it seems like some folks here think that somehow they are going to shift the whole inventory turnover cycle to eradicate folks buying games for $5. (and not taking advantage of a system glitch, mind you)

First Target with their new game inventory setup that reduces clearance items dramatically, then Kmart clearance games drying up the last few months, and now this supposed Sears $1 drop clearance. Uh, pretty soon we will have to rely on glitches and such to get really good deals.....

[quote name='addicted2games']First Target with their new game inventory setup that reduces clearance items dramatically, then Kmart clearance games drying up the last few months, and now this supposed Sears $1 drop clearance. Uh, pretty soon we will have to rely on glitches and such to get really good deals.....[/QUOTE]

Or just the old fashioned way of waiting until a title hits $19.99 ;)

Congratulations. Now tell whoever is in charge of the clearance schedule for Kmart to hit the ON button again please.:D;)
[quote name='irishsoccermbw']Congrats? fuck, CAG is becoming a corporate hell. Pretty soon we are gonna have Gamestop Execs creating and posting in threads.[/QUOTE]
Thank God Circuit City went down the shitter already. Otherwise, they might've sent one of their corporate hitmen to find Speedy after infiltrating our ranks. ;) But the day Gamestop sends official reps to this site is the day this site has truly sold it's digital soul to the devil. No wait. Scratch that. The day WalMart has official reps is the day CAG has gone to the devil.
[quote name='Derrick1979']Or just the old fashioned way of waiting until a title hits $19.99 ;)[/QUOTE]
After being on CAG for a while now(5 years for me this month;)) you get used to a certain level as far as prices go for buying games.

For me it's either I buy them at MSRP with credit made from flipping games I got cheap or free elsewhere or I buy them for $3-5 on clearance a year or two after their release.

There is no middle ground and there is no paying $20 for a single game, when I know if I wait 3-6 months I can get 3-4 for that same $20.:D

I've said it before and I'll say it again now, CAG has spoiled me as a normal shnook consumer the majority of the time. Only if it's a game I REALLY want(see: GTA Episodes, Red Dead Redemption, Just Cause 2, Little Big Planet) will I go against my usual cheapass ways and pay more.

[quote name='Derrick1979']Or just the old fashioned way of waiting until a title hits $19.99 ;)[/QUOTE]

dude........dont even joke about that.... :wall:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer'] Thank God Circuit City went down the shitter already. Otherwise, they might've sent one of their corporate hitmen to find Speedy after infiltrating our ranks. ;) But the day Gamestop sends official reps to this site is the day this site has truly sold it's digital soul to the devil. No wait. Scratch that. The day WalMart has official reps is the day CAG has gone to the devil..[/QUOTE]

ummm...dont you see the GS ads everywhere on CAG????...to tell you the truth, CC was run by some dumbasses, they went after a blogger and tried to sue him, instead of figuring ways to get there company out of the shitter, and look what happened.....GONE....now we got these suits on CAG, (whether for the good or bad of CAG.com),

to the new/future sears/kmart reps -

i also think that instead of trying to feed us deals, remodeling stores (target recently remodeled there electronics section and are introducing fresh produce), employees that know there own ads/promos, employees that actually care about the store/customers and not there paycheck/personal life, both my local kmarts walls are a cream/brown color, very very very 1980's....man i could write an novel

i'll just say this if it wasnt for some clearanced games at kmart, i wouldnt even step into kmart, my 3yr old son, hates...and i do mean HATES kmart..........hes 3!!!!!

i gotta post a picture when i tell my son where going to kmart, he balls his eyes out...i'll just leave it at that

[quote name='Derrick1979']I would like to see confoosious take this on because he doesnt seem like he will take any shit from the cry babies.[/QUOTE]

I really wouldn't. Information wants to be free! I'm all for giving like a 10 day lag on updating the OP so diligent CAGs can get their new drops but then it needs to go into the OP... else, why bother having an OP. You can't take the competition for hoarders? Tough. Early bird gets the worm. And if you got a 10 day headstart on "lazy" hoarders and you still can't get a deal? Then you're a terrible CAG and should be ashamed of yourself.

[quote name='sadakou']It's one thing to get butt-hurt over not having a list and start ranting about tinfoil, but the Target electronics department conversion is a real thing that happened and it actually removed clearance sections in many stores in real life.

Good day sir.[/QUOTE]

I love me some target clearance too but I don't see A, then B and go jumping to conclusions that A lead directly to B.

see next quote:

[quote name='mailman27']A big part of the current clearance drought is due to the cyclical nature of the business cycle. Over the last two years there were a ton of games being released, while at the same time demand was falling. Demand has stabilized, the release calendar is thinner, and retailers have adjusted thier inventories accordingly.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. Plastic prisons came at a time when there were no major releases and things didn't clearance out. Now we're starting to see more things hit clearance at Target. Cyclical.

Either way, clearance is as it is. To get back on topic of the sears thread: crying about it and hiding all the drops within the posts themselves isn't going to deter hoarders/flippers. If you think that's true, you're way too naive.

For all the paranoid people who think a corporate invasion means the end of clearance -- did we or did we not get a shitload of ToysRUs drops in the past couple weeks? And we know for a fact that ToysRUs corporate reads CAG and monitors TRU threads. This is just another form of marketing for them. It might mean the end of glitches but not the end of clearance.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer'] No wait. Scratch that. The day WalMart has official reps is the day CAG has gone to the devil.
[/QUOTE]

What would they post? "Come to Walmart and check out or collection of 2002 - 2005 XBox sports games for $19.82 to $29.82" I have given up on getting any games at a good price at Walmart

[quote name='addicted2games']First Target with their new game inventory setup that reduces clearance items dramatically, then Kmart clearance games drying up the last few months, and now this supposed Sears $1 drop clearance. Uh, pretty soon we will have to rely on glitches and such to get really good deals.....[/QUOTE]

Yeah, KMart and Sears were the 2 best stores to get clearance games. CC was great too but they are of course gone, Best Buy hasn't had a good non YMMV clearance in years ($1.99 and $4.99 games like in 2004 - 2006), TRU's new clearance drops of maybe $5 - $10 on games is a joke and Target is really difficult to get games at 75% now except old sports games.

The big lists in the OP make it easy for people to post the entire clearance list on SD, which has affected the Target thread (among others). I'm all for lists posted in the thread, but not in the OP or first page for that matter.

[quote name='confoosious']I really wouldn't. Information wants to be free! I'm all for giving like a 10 day lag on updating the OP so diligent CAGs can get their new drops but then it needs to go into the OP... else, why bother having an OP. You can't take the competition for hoarders? Tough. Early bird gets the worm. And if you got a 10 day headstart on "lazy" hoarders and you still can't get a deal? Then you're a terrible CAG and should be ashamed of yourself.

For all the paranoid people who think a corporate invasion means the end of clearance -- did we or did we not get a shitload of ToysRUs drops in the past couple weeks? And we know for a fact that ToysRUs corporate reads CAG and monitors TRU threads. This is just another form of marketing for them. It might mean the end of glitches but not the end of clearance.[/QUOTE]

So if a deal is posted and it's for a game that's free after a coupon or glitch, people who wait till the end of the week shouldn't bitch that someone cleared out their store? They should've got their lazy ass there during the week, right?:applause::applause: I agree.

As for TRU, they stopped being a stop on my clearance rounds when they stopped pennying guides and I could no longer find current gen games for $5 each up there. It seems like their clearance schedule went snail pace quite a while ago.

[quote name='typical guy']every time i go into kmart, its like taking a step back in time to the 80s.[/QUOTE]

the modern day time machine

im dam near just about to post vague details on deals/flips and have people PM me if there interested

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']The big lists in the OP make it easy for people to post the entire clearance list on SD, which has affected the Target thread (among others). I'm all for lists posted in the thread, but not in the OP or first page for that matter.[/QUOTE]

because people from SD/FW can't read any page other than the OP?

Come on man, any douchebag SDer who needs rep points to justify their shitty pathetic lives will go the extra mile to get lists from other pages.

I bet you that the SD reposting ahole is probably following this thread religiously.

Second, target clearance dried up because nothing went on clearance. It wasn't like a shit load went on clearance the past half year but nothing could find anything because of hoarders/flippers. There was just nothing to be found.

So who are we blaming now?

[quote name='aleraiders']the modern day time machine

im dam near just about to post vague details on deals/flips and have people PM me if there interested[/QUOTE]
If you notice, anytime I post about finding something at a store it's 'my local Kmart', 'my local Target', 'my OTHER local Kmart' and so on.

If no one remembers where I'm from, no one can take the deals, right?:D;)

8-[RIGHT?!?!?!

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']So if a deal is posted and it's for a game that's free after a coupon or glitch, people who wait till the end of the week shouldn't bitch that someone cleared out their store? They should've got their lazy ass there during the week, right?:applause::applause: I agree.

As for TRU, they stopped being a stop on my clearance rounds when they stopped pennying guides and I could no longer find current gen games for $5 each up there. It seems like their clearance schedule went snail pace quite a while ago.[/QUOTE]

Right. If the argument that there shouldn't be an updated OP is "well, the lazy people can now find them" then a 10 day lag means that if you can't find them, you yourself are a lazy person. So too bad.

TRU has a ton on clearance right now. Plus 25% off on top of it. It just popped up out of nowhere this month. I must have gotten 15 games at TRU last week.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']If you notice, anytime I post about finding something at a store it's 'my local Kmart', 'my local Target', 'my OTHER local Kmart' and so on.

If no one remembers where I'm from, no one can take the deals, right?:D;)

8-[RIGHT?!?!?![/QUOTE]

true, thats the same reason i post reciept pics with store #'s blacked out, or phone #'s, etc etc

I've been doing my best following this thread over the last few months. I have a great idea through a lot of reading as to what is good for 360 and PS3. I am still not sure whats floating around for Wii other than the rare Metroid Prime. Can anyone help me out here? Please

[quote name='Kakkarrot23']I've been doing my best following this thread over the last few months. I have a great idea through a lot of reading as to what is good for 360 and PS3. I am still not sure whats floating around for Wii other than the rare Metroid Prime. Can anyone help me out here? Please[/QUOTE]

A lot of good games for the Wii too:

- A Boy and His Blob
- Metroid Prime Trilogy
- Wario Land: Shake It!
- Excitebots (with wheel)
- Muramasa: The Demon Blade

[quote name='Fernando Rocker']A lot of good games for the Wii too:

- A Boy and His Blob
- Metroid Prime Trilogy
- Wario Land: Shake It!
- Excitebots (with wheel)
- Muramasa: The Demon Blade[/QUOTE]

He got the main ones. These too, maybe:

Trauma Center series
MadWorld

IGNORE! Not Sears clearance =P

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='confoosious']Trauma center is on clearance? I had no idea. That game is so good I wish I could buy it again.[/QUOTE]

Not that I know of... I thought he was asking in general, and not just clearanced stuff =P

[quote name='elessar123']Not that I know of... I thought he was asking in general, and not just clearanced stuff =P[/QUOTE]

no, he was asking about clearance items.

dang.

Trauma Center is on clearance at TRU. All those games listed have been on clearance somewhere. I think it was just a list of good clearanced Wii games.

Today at my local Sears, they had signs all over the store above clearance sections that mentioned 40% off the lowest marked prices. My CAG senses started tingling, but then I noticed that none of the clearance items in electronics/appliances had any mention of the extra discount.

I'm assuming it was only on clothes and such....was I right?

[quote name='Kakkarrot23']Jupiter did you try scanning any of the games by chance?[/QUOTE]

Sears clearance is tomorrow. Dont get too excited with the 1$ drops. I dont work til Saturday so I wont know if anything new dropped but hopefully we get some nice surprises tomorrow.

bread's done
Back