Official Sears Clearance Thread II - post Sears finds/deals here

You're actually going to play bakugan? I thought we were all buying it to collect dust on our shelves. Props to you man...for actually gaming. A lost art, no doubt.

HAWX PS3 is on clearance for $15! Didn't remember to ask if it was 14.97 or 14.99. I didn't buy any b/c well I heard it was crap. But I hid a copy!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='dan13l858']You're visiting a Sears that has too much CAGS/SD traffic. You won't find anything at that particular store. All CAGs have at least 1 or 2 secret stores they visit each month. Find one in the your area that no one goes to.[/QUOTE]

Ha I have 3 sears to dig around in here and there all heavy traffic due to being connected to malls :bomb:

Slim pickin's is natural around here

[quote name='Toss']I feel the same...if CAG style buying/flipping/trading/selling were an actual game, I'd have platinumed/maxed out achievements and gamer score 10x over. Is there a cagaholics annonymous? I easily sit at my laptop more hours each day than at any of the consoles I own.

On a side-side note: I found a super scratched up copy of Knights of the Old Republic XBOX in a stack of CDs I had lying around and popped it into my 360. I find it to be as good as any of these modern console games maybe better because of its simplicity. If you haven't played it, do so.

Oh yeah... found 2 more Motorstorm Pacific Rift hanging in those plastic security boxes in the full price section. I never really look there so I think I by passed them for 2 or more price reductions. BOOYAH 3.97![/QUOTE]
If buying lotsa games and never getting around to playing them was a game, I'd probably get a 60-70% and groan every time a damned trophy or achievement notice came up on the screen.:razz:

I must be the only person who wishes that there was some way to shut off trophies on my PS3.:D;):booty:

[quote name='PublikDefender']You're actually going to play bakugan? I thought we were all buying it to collect dust on our shelves. Props to you man...for actually gaming. A lost art, no doubt.

HAWX PS3 is on clearance for $15! Didn't remember to ask if it was 14.97 or 14.99. I didn't buy any b/c well I heard it was crap. But I hid a copy![/QUOTE]

i paid full price for it when it came out, definitely not worth it

however, i would gladly pay 15 for it...its a lot of fun, just not $60 fun

[quote name='ChadThyJuggla']might have to stop by one of the two local sears and see if either dropped Persona 3... they have copies but it's been quite some time since I got a price check on them.[/QUOTE]
How did that go? Everytim I check the Sears near work, they havent dropped anything for Ps3. Just curious if Persona dropped for you.
[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']If buying lotsa games and never getting around to playing them was a game, I'd probably get a 60-70% and groan every time a damned trophy or achievement notice came up on the screen.:razz:

I must be the only person who wishes that there was some way to shut off trophies on my PS3.:D;):booty:[/QUOTE]
Damn man, you can find anything to complain about huh? :booty: You seriously cant stand the "ding" of a trophy pop? And I assume you wouldnt like the 360 acheivement sound either? Seriously, its like a nano second sound that is pretty low volume and the notice only stays on screen for a couple seconds. I know you probably dont care that much and are half kidding...but to even mention it is crazy to me...of course I love the sound since I am a loser...so whatever! :bouncy:

[quote name='wrencrest']Damn man, you can find anything to complain about huh? :booty: You seriously cant stand the "ding" of a trophy pop? And I assume you wouldnt like the 360 acheivement sound either? Seriously, its like a nano second sound that is pretty low volume and the notice only stays on screen for a couple seconds. I know you probably dont care that much and are half kidding...but to even mention it is crazy to me...of course I love the sound since I am a loser...so whatever! :bouncy:[/QUOTE]
My 'achievement' is finishing a game. Period. What did all of the achievement/trophy whores do last gen? I have to wonder what kind of pat on the back they needed a gen or 5 ago when they managed to keep their ADD in check for long enough to finish a game.:roll: While we're at it, can we get an option to turn off useless updates for the current consoles(ooooo sparkly background for the PS3:drool:).

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']My 'achievement' is finishing a game. Period. What did all of the achievement/trophy whores do last gen? I have to wonder what kind of pat on the back they needed a gen or 5 ago when they managed to keep their ADD in check for long enough to finish a game.:roll: While we're at it, can we get an option to turn off useless updates for the current consoles(ooooo sparkly background for the PS3:drool:).[/QUOTE]

Yea. On 360, press your home button, then find Notifications and turn the checkmark off

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']My 'achievement' is finishing a game. Period. What did all of the achievement/trophy whores do last gen? [/QUOTE]

I try to get 700 or so points out of each game I play. I guess I just use that as a benchmark to make sure that I have gotten my money's worth out of a game. I am NOT one of those guys that has to platinum/1000 the game to feel like I've played it enough.

That said, what's with your hate of Borderlands? I'm at Level 20 and am absolutely loving that game. It reminds me a lot of Diablo with all the loot. It's fun to run through and decide what weapons to keep and what to sell, etc.

Gonna check the store out by work tonight. I'll report any new findings, though it's unlikely there will be anything new since I checked a week ago.

[quote name='crazedracerguy']I try to get 700 or so points out of each game I play. I guess I just use that as a benchmark to make sure that I have gotten my money's worth out of a game. I am NOT one of those guys that has to platinum/1000 the game to feel like I've played it enough.

That said, what's with your hate of Borderlands? I'm at Level 20 and am absolutely loving that game. It reminds me a lot of Diablo with all the loot. It's fun to run through and decide what weapons to keep and what to sell, etc.[/QUOTE]
Because to me it just looks like a generic shooter where it takes 90 shots to kill ONE enemy and a pretty annoying one at that. I heard all of these people raving about it and just from seeing my buddy playing it I know I'll hate it.

Now Bioshock on the other hand I liked because you could kill enemies in other ways other than shooting them 90 billion times(like I saw him get killed in Borderlands after hitting some enemy 5-10 times and they were still coming).

To each their own. But just like Beyond Good & Evil, KOTOR and a slew of other games that're 'critically acclaimed' and 'loved by many', I just don't get all of the praise Borderlands gets.

Then again, I hated Fallout 3 and Oblivion as well and I believe this is made by the same people(or at least the story seems to center around a 'vault' similar to FO3), right?

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Because to me it just looks like a generic shooter where it takes 90 shots to kill ONE enemy and a pretty annoying one at that. I heard all of these people raving about it and just from seeing my buddy playing it I know I'll hate it.

Now Bioshock on the other hand I liked because you could kill enemies in other ways other than shooting them 90 billion times(like I saw him get killed in Borderlands after hitting some enemy 5-10 times and they were still coming).

To each their own. But just like Beyond Good & Evil, KOTOR and a slew of other games that're 'critically acclaimed' and 'loved by many', I just don't get all of the praise Borderlands gets.

Then again, I hated Fallout 3 and Oblivion as well and I believe this is made by the same people(or at least the story seems to center around a 'vault' similar to FO3), right?[/QUOTE]

Its not made by the same people, and the vaults are differnet things in each game.

In any case, it will only take ninety shots to kill one enemy if you're underlvl'd for wherever you ventured into. If you're of equal lvl enemies are signifigantly easier, and if you're higher than one shot is overkill.

I will have to vehemently disagree with your statement that BL is a generic shooter in any shape or form. Though annoying is an opinion and we're all entitled to those.

In the end the games main strength and appeal is the diablo-esque loot generator, with skill trees (albeit not very complex ones) thrown in for additional RPG flavor. If you're not into lvling up, customizing your characters abilities for the way you enjoy playing, or don't find countless hours spent looting chests in search of that next gun upgrade then BL prolly isn't for you and will leave you bored annoyed or both. Though for the plethora of loot grinding junkies out there, like myself, its a pretty standup game for GBX's first attempt at the RPG shooter.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']My 'achievement' is finishing a game. Period. What did all of the achievement/trophy whores do last gen? I have to wonder what kind of pat on the back they needed a gen or 5 ago when they managed to keep their ADD in check for long enough to finish a game.:roll: While we're at it, can we get an option to turn off useless updates for the current consoles(ooooo sparkly background for the PS3:drool:).[/QUOTE]

Trophy whores like me before this gen had to finish the game with a perfect save file. For a game like Final Fantasy that meant getting every item, every character with max stats & levels, etc.

[quote name='CAiNiACprime']Its not made by the same people, and the vaults are differnet things in each game.

In any case, it will only take ninety shots to kill one enemy if you're underlvl'd for wherever you ventured into. If you're of equal lvl enemies are signifigantly easier, and if you're higher than one shot is overkill.

I will have to vehemently disagree with your statement that BL is a generic shooter in any shape or form. Though annoying is an opinion and we're all entitled to those.

In the end the games main strength and appeal is the diablo-esque loot generator, with skill trees (albeit not very complex ones) thrown in for additional RPG flavor. If you're not into lvling up, customizing your characters abilities for the way you enjoy playing, or don't find countless hours spent looting chests in search of that next gun upgrade then BL prolly isn't for you and will leave you bored annoyed or both. Though for the plethora of loot grinding junkies out there, like myself, its a pretty standup game for GBX's first attempt at the RPG shooter.[/QUOTE]
So then since I hated Oblivion(where all of the enemies were the same level as you whenever you leveled up or so it seemed)then I'm gonna hate this game. If I'm gonna waste the time leveling up, I wanna know my time was not for naught by how easily I can kick the enemies asses after said leveling. If we're still on a level playing field after I have the next super duper weapon, then it's no fun for me.

And wtf...Borderlands sounds like a game with a major identity crisis if it's an 'shooter RPG'.

Thankfully it's still part of that 'trade 2 get $40 towards Madden' dealie, so I can trade it and keep the money down towards Madden for about a month, then cancel it after the promo is long gone to get most of what I paid for it during the B2G1 last month back in credit.;):D

[quote name='Barlog']I love the ignore feature so much.

And Persona 3 FES was still ringing up at $30.[/QUOTE]
Confoosious, are you making new friends already? Or is this newbie talking about me?:cry::booty:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Confoosious, are you making new friends already? Or is this newbie talking about me?:cry::booty:[/QUOTE]

I've been doing my ranting at stupid people in the GS threads so he must be talking about you.

I noticed you edited out your sarcasm on the power hour response. getting soft in your old age.

Yeah. I have a feeling that one of these days I'm gonna catch one of the less kind mods on a bad day and get a perma-ban. So it's not worth it being a complete jackass to everybody 100% of the time.

Mind you I'm not willing to back down from my strong current figure of being a jackass 99% of the time though.;)

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Yeah. I have a feeling that one of these days I'm gonna catch one of the less kind mods on a bad day and get a perma-ban. So it's not worth it being a complete jackass to everybody 100% of the time.

Mind you I'm not willing to back down from my strong current figure of being a jackass 99% of the time though.;)[/QUOTE]

The thing is, we have users who are talking about how to do coupon fraud (people asking others to scan and copy one time use coupons), return fraud, how to rip of retailers, etc and they never get perma - banned. I don't think you're in any danger.

It's hard not to be a jackass when people won't even take the time to read the OP or the ONE page of posts above theirs.

[quote name='confoosious']The thing is, we have users who are talking about how to do coupon fraud (people asking others to scan and copy one time use coupons), return fraud, how to rip of retailers, etc and they never get perma - banned. I don't think you're in any danger.

It's hard not to be a jackass when people won't even take the time to read the OP or the ONE page of posts above theirs.[/QUOTE]
But it's so much easier to just keep asking the same questions until someone caves in and answers it for them. Although I think most other CAG's have stopped answering the 5-10 'how much do these games get at Gamestop' threads that pop up on the deal request page every week and they just link to the GS thread.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']So then since I hated Oblivion(where all of the enemies were the same level as you whenever you leveled up or so it seemed)then I'm gonna hate this game. If I'm gonna waste the time leveling up, I wanna know my time was not for naught by how easily I can kick the enemies asses after said leveling. If we're still on a level playing field after I have the next super duper weapon, then it's no fun for me.

And wtf...Borderlands sounds like a game with a major identity crisis if it's an 'shooter RPG'.

Thankfully it's still part of that 'trade 2 get $40 towards Madden' dealie, so I can trade it and keep the money down towards Madden for about a month, then cancel it after the promo is long gone to get most of what I paid for it during the B2G1 last month back in credit.;):D[/QUOTE]

I never said it was like Oblivion. Your lvls do matter. Enemies don't level with you. Unless you start a new game+ for the purpose of everything being harder and lvl'd to you.

I don't see how an RPG shooter is a game with an identity crisis. Developers are mixing genres more and more these days to try and not so much reinvent the genres so much as reinvigorating them. Adding new twists and spins on familiar frameworks helps keep games from being the been there done that games like the "generic" shooters you mentioned earlier.

I hate to add to the OT chatter, but I wanted to whole-heartedly agree with THIS:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']My 'achievement' is finishing a game. Period. What did all of the achievement/trophy whores do last gen? I have to wonder what kind of pat on the back they needed a gen or 5 ago when they managed to keep their ADD in check for long enough to finish a game.:roll: [/QUOTE]

I see CAGs telling others to buy crap games just to get the platinum or whatever. It's like the games themselves no longer matter and it's all about the trophies. Like everything is one big meta experience.
SLOW DOWN AND SMELL THE FLOWERS, BOYS.

(I liken it to wanting a gold sticker on your chest after eating a juicy cheeseburger, so everyone will know you just ate the whole thing. Otherwise, eating it was an unenjoyable waste of time, neh?)

I should hate Borderlands, but I am addicted to it as well. Must be the loot system. And it is terribly fun leveling way up and returning to that early boss (the one who took 5 grenades, 6 headshots with a sniper rifle, and 10 clips of combat rifle ammo to kill) and walking up to him, owning him with nothing more than your new pistol. :twoguns: :hot:

anyone know how much
PS3-Guitar Hero III Legend of Rock Bundle with guitar and game was on clearence for at sears???

the one at my store wont ring up properly
said it was out of system
didnt have time to ask cashier

[quote name='josh62488']anyone know how much
PS3-Guitar Hero III Legend of Rock Bundle with guitar and game was on clearence for at sears???

the one at my store wont ring up properly
said it was out of system
didnt have time to ask cashier[/QUOTE]

I got mine a year ago for 7.97. But I think they went as low as 2.97?

You are right about them, thats why I called myself a loser for actually caring about hearing that sound. When I first heard MS was doing achievements and heard what they were I laughed and couldnt imagine why anyone would care. But now I actually like them because it makes me play the games I have a lot more than I would have in the past. It makes me try different things with games that I never would have before. Before I would "beat" a game by finishing the story or whatever and never touch it again. Now I might play it again or play a new way to get one last trophy. By no means do I need to get 100% or any of that crap though. I am not anal.

[quote name='metaphysicalstyles']On this site?! No way! :roll:[/QUOTE]Yeah, you have a point. We're all less kind.

I never NEVER find anything good at Sears. Never!!

[quote name='wrencrest']You are right about them, thats why I called myself a loser for actually caring about hearing that sound. When I first heard MS was doing achievements and heard what they were I laughed and couldnt imagine why anyone would care. But now I actually like them because it makes me play the games I have a lot more than I would have in the past. It makes me try different things with games that I never would have before. Before I would "beat" a game by finishing the story or whatever and never touch it again. Now I might play it again or play a new way to get one last trophy. By no means do I need to get 100% or any of that crap though. I am not anal.[/QUOTE]
At this point I'm just happy enough to get through the games I have while continuing to expand my backlog by leaps and bounds and clearing out the games I know I'd never be able to stomach long enough to finish.

[quote name='jling84']Trophy whores like me before this gen had to finish the game with a perfect save file. For a game like Final Fantasy that meant getting every item, every character with max stats & levels, etc.[/QUOTE]

Yep that's me as well. Spent many, many hours leveling up every character in FFVI & VII to 99, getting every weapons, summons and etc.

On topic, I found many PS3 Rock Revolutions at my Sears store for $0.97. I bought few for replacement cases and donated the actual games to local charity. Tax deductions I suppose.

Just got a good haul at the Bloomingdale, IL Sears.

Star Wars The Clones Wars for Xbox - 1.47
3x - Hot Shots Golf OOB - .27
2x - Guitar Hero Metallica PS3 - 1.47
7x - Energy Gym Rockets DS - .47

They were just marking them down and I asked the cashier if these were on sale and he said yes. I also saw a few copies of Guitar Hero World Tour for PS3 for 1.47 and a few other games for between 3.97 and 4.97.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry my PM isn't working, for the guy who asked me about GH Metallica, I was gonna Gazelle them, turning 1.47 game in to $18 cash each is a no brainer!

[quote name='rvdnsx']Sorry my PM isn't working, for the guy who asked me about GH Metallica, I was gonna Gazelle them, turning 1.47 game in to $18 cash each is a no brainer![/QUOTE]

Ahh alright ;) Wanted to find one cheap to play but the Hoardo family must of passed through this area because the stores are clearance free :cry:

[quote name='rvdnsx']Just got a good Gaul at the Bloomingdale, IL Sears.

Star Wars The Clones Wars for Xbox - 1.47
3x - Hot Shots Golf OOB - .27
2x - Guitar Hero Metallica PS3 - 1.47
7x - Energy Gym Rockets DS - .47

QUOTE]

Now that's a haul!

I got:
3 energy gym rockets DS 1.97
2 lego rock band ps3 3.97
1 gh smash hits ps3 3.97
1 viva pinata 0.97

I'm happy.

all mine were in a bin with $19.99 or $29.99, was it a mistake not to check the prices on the games because there were a ton of psp games(patapon 2, patapon, ratchet and clank, locoroco etc)

[quote name='jab1235']all mine were in a bin with $19.99 or $29.99, was it a mistake not to check the prices on the games because there were a ton of psp games(patapon 2, patapon, ratchet and clank, locoroco etc)[/QUOTE]

You should have checked the prices. A boy and His Blob was tagged at $39.99, but rang up for $4.97 at the Sears where I shop.

[quote name='Tricky']You should have checked the prices. A boy and His Blob was tagged at $39.99, but rang up for $4.97 at the Sears where I shop.[/QUOTE]
ok thanks, i kinda thought the lady who told me it was the clearence been just said it was so she could leave...

[quote name='shieryda']Tagged at $124.97.[/QUOTE]

Only about 100 more months until that falls to a great clearance price, lol.

I found:
Chaotic Shadow Warriors (Wii) at 8.97
Ben 10 DS for 8.97
Hadn't seen those posted. Someone apparently went through every game in stock since a few games had a sticker saying "Zero value" and they rang up as no longer being in the system. However, found a Wall-E (DS) with that same sticker on it that rang up at 1.97 :) Good gift or flip to eBay

[quote name='JQUEST97']Anyone know what the clearance price is on dead space for :ps3: is?[/QUOTE]

Last I heard it was regular price - $19.99.

[quote name='Josef']Last I heard it was regular price - $19.99.[/QUOTE]

Alright thanks. I guess I will wait till it drops lower before I get it. Probably when the sequel comes out.

There was nothing really at the Orland Park, Illinois Sears. The only had two games scanned (because they had like no old stock whatsoever only new games) and the two were Orange Box and Wolfenstein.

I knew Orange Box would still be $19.99 (which it was) but I just wanted to check more than just one game haha. And :360: Wolfenstein was ringing up $12.97.

I obviously passed on both, but for the record, the employee was more than happy to scan the games for me and the store itself was far more organized than most I have been to.

[quote name='specialist']When you guys go pick up Clearance items, is there a designated Clearance section? Or do you ask for the games behind glass?[/QUOTE]
My sears has two metal bins, a clearance wall, as well as the games behind the glass.

bread's done
Back