Official Sears Clearance Thread II - post Sears finds/deals here

The Sears near me reorganized the whole top floor to put all the Christmas stuff out, and apparently that meant all the clearance stuff went away. Hopefully that means in a couple of months they actually have some stuff worth buying.

I've been watching a Sears here that had several untagged 360 Wolfensteins and a GH Smash Hits in the glass case. Went on drop day to pick them up, but they had rearranged electronics and moved and reorganized the glass case and they were all gone. There was still a UT3 for 10.97, but I wouldn't pay more than five for it.

[quote name='jdawgg76']I've been watching a Sears here that had several untagged 360 Wolfensteins and a GH Smash Hits in the glass case. Went on drop day to pick them up, but they had rearranged electronics and moved and reorganized the glass case and they were all gone. There was still a UT3 for 10.97, but I wouldn't pay more than five for it.[/QUOTE]
I was watching a Wolfenstein for PS3 that I returned from a further away Sears where I got it for $9.97 till it made it down to $4.97, but when I returned it to the closer store it went UP to $14.97 and stayed there till it disappeared.:roll:

Certain things are still dropping. I goto sears weekly now it seems like for other drops.

Whats happening now since the drops have been so small on the increments (like 1 or 2 dollars a month) are that the games are showing up on the low activity report. If a game sits around for too long it gets zeroed out and sent back to the vendor. So we arent seeing games hit a low price anymore. However what most Sears managers are allowed to do the week before something gets zeroed out is mark it down to any price they want. For example my local manager marked down Agent Clank PSP, Abba PS3, Kung Fu Wii, RType PSP all to 1.97 each to dump them. I seen another store mark the same ones down to 4.97 each.

Last week my store dropped all this stuff down to 1.97 and .97 cents. This is one of those YMMV manager drops since these are all on the about to be zeroed out list.

-Wii Fit Starter Kit Pelican
-Wii Fit Starter Kit 3 in 1
-Wii Fit carrying case thing
-PSP Car Adapter/Wall Adapter
-PSP Headphones remote
-PSP Battery wall charger
-All for One 8 device Remotes (.47 cent)

[quote name='xDerekRx']Certain things are still dropping. I goto sears weekly now it seems like for other drops.

Whats happening now since the drops have been so small on the increments (like 1 or 2 dollars a month) are that the games are showing up on the low activity report. If a game sits around for too long it gets zeroed out and sent back to the vendor. So we arent seeing games hit a low price anymore. However what most Sears managers are allowed to do the week before something gets zeroed out is mark it down to any price they want. For example my local manager marked down Agent Clank PSP, Abba PS3, Kung Fu Wii, RType PSP all to 1.97 each to dump them. I seen another store mark the same ones down to 4.97 each.

Last week my store dropped all this stuff down to 1.97 and .97 cents. This is one of those YMMV manager drops since these are all on the about to be zeroed out list.

-Wii Fit Starter Kit Pelican
-Wii Fit Starter Kit 3 in 1
-Wii Fit carrying case thing
-PSP Car Adapter/Wall Adapter
-PSP Headphones remote
-PSP Battery wall charger
-All for One 8 device Remotes (.47 cent)[/QUOTE]

So that's why I saw a bunch of games marked down to $0.97 a few weeks ago.

It really doesn't make sense to refuse to go under $10 nationally on a clearance game only to have the local store managers sell games for under a buck. I hope you're seeing this SHC-Gamer ;)

[quote name='Josef']So that's why I saw a bunch of games marked down to $0.97 a few weeks ago.

It really doesn't make sense to refuse to go under $10 nationally on a clearance game only to have the local store managers sell games for under a buck. I hope you're seeing this SHC-Gamer ;)[/QUOTE]
:whistle2:$ I was kinda hoping that everything that's currently out in the cases would be kept and new stuff would keep piling up till corporate was forced to do one massive clearance fire sale to clear the dreck that would otherwise be hitting clearance or be uber cheap by now.;)

LIke I mentioned above, what happens is that if stuff sits too long, a non active selling report forces the store manager to make a decision. Either let the items 0 out and get sent back to the vendor, or mark them down to any price he pleases.

So basically what we are seeing is that since corporate is slowing down national clearance cycles thereofore us Caggers are at the mercy of electronics managers markdown willingness until further notice.

Luckily I have one trigger happy manager near me who when he wants non selling games to sell, he will make sure he marks them down super low. But this is entirely YMMV. I know some managers that are only marking down to 4.97 and then one will do 1.97 without thinking.

That being said its hard to recommend anyone to visit their local Sears knowing the chances of seeing much will be slim

Yeah. All of my local ones have been picked pretty clean already, so I was having to invade other areas again(one 30-40 miles from me, another slightly further than that;)) JUST to find some stuff that was decently priced(aka not $10 and up).

It still is the first Friday, the problem is that stuff isn't dropping, or only dropping $1 or $2 with nothing new added.

I did get a Rockband Guitar Strap last week for $0.49.

I just got back from Sears. I went there for the hell of it since it's been a while. They rearranged a few things in the electronics and they took out a ton of games from the glass cases and put them into the 29.99 bin. That bin is pretty full now. I'm not sure what they'll do in the coming months now.

I asked an employee to scan some games, they all rang up kind of high, including Halo 3 for 29.99. I had a good laugh about that one.

My local Sears made most of the game section disappear when the Christmas stuff showed up. It has to be just really piling up in the back room. While I can see not wanting to be as aggressive as Sears was with clearance, this current "solution" seems really unlikely to work for them.

[quote name='typical guy']So it used to be the first Friday of the month. When do we look now, just whenever we are in the area?[/QUOTE]Since the first Friday was the third, the Friday to look this month is the tenth. Should be anyway, as usually, if the first Friday is the third or before then it occurs the second friday. Not that there's anything to really look for nowadays as all the clearance stuff here magically disappeared.

[quote name='sdclippers']:roll: I thought there were new drops.[/QUOTE]Check back tomorrow, although don't get too hyped as drops on what is left have been minimal anyway.

[quote name='BmBoWnZ']PS2 Controllers were down to $10 at my store[/QUOTE]
Silver ones are $5 at Kmart and the standard black ones are $10 or so at Radio Shack, in case you can't find any PS2 controllers at Sears.:D

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Silver ones are $5 at Kmart and the standard black ones are $10 or so at Radio Shack, in case you can't find any PS2 controllers at Sears.:D[/QUOTE]

My niece needs a new controller. I hope one of the Kmart's near me have the $5 ones. Thanks for the info.

Should be if your store wasn't wiped out. Most here were, almost suspiciously so. I'm hoping they just moved most of it in the back to make quick room for the good stuff during the holiday season and now that it's over it'll be back out on the floor. The only thing left here is DJ Hero which is dropping at $5 a drop so in about 2 years it'll hit a decent sale price.

[quote name='jdawgg76']Should be if your store wasn't wiped out. Most here were, almost suspiciously so. I'm hoping they just moved most of it in the back to make quick room for the good stuff during the holiday season and now that it's over it'll be back out on the floor. The only thing left here is DJ Hero which is dropping at $5 a drop so in about 2 years it'll hit a decent sale price.[/QUOTE]
It won't drop to like $2-3 though due to SHC-Gamer saying they're capping clearance prices at $10 minimum anymore.:roll::bomb:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']It won't drop to like $2-3 though due to SHC-Gamer saying they're capping clearance prices at $10 minimum anymore.:roll::bomb:[/QUOTE]

Ugh I guess I don't have to check this thread ever again. What are they going to do with all those sports games??

I haven't checked this thread in a while, but I went to Sears yesterday and scanned a few games that were on the "Clearance" :error: shelf and they were all terribly priced. Needless to say I knew things had changed.

[quote name='VideoGamesIzFun']Ugh I guess I don't have to check this thread ever again. What are they going to do with all those sports games??[/QUOTE]
Build a fort out of them so the employees not helping customers looking at stuff other than TV's can hide and not just stand by the tv's bullshitting and getting paid for it for 8 hours?:D;):booty:

Didnt see any standalone games marked down but I did see the GHWT Guitar + Game Bundles for $49.97 on PS3 & 360 as well as the complete band game for PS2 for $49.97.

DJ Hero bundles were $30-40. The 360 Quick Charge Kit (hub thing with two battery slots) was $14.97.

All games scanned from the "clearance" bin were $30-40, regardless of what system they were for, which made no sense for the DS and PSP games in there.

Hopefully things will drop again in March/April; otherwise, Sears will go the way of K-Mart and Target where there will be no reason to go into one unless you feel like playing the YMMV lottery.

I found a huge-ass wire bin of games at the store by my office. There were literally 100 games in there, stacked in 2 layers and divided by a wooden shelf. I scanned a handful with April, May and September clearance stickers on them, and they rang up full price ($30). Bullshit, man.

Yeah it's a shame, I used to stop in KMart all the time to look for the clearance games (and buy other stuff since I was already there), now I maybe go to KMart once every 2 - 3 months. $14.99 - $19.99 clearance games are a joke, I miss the $0.97 - $4.97 games. Sears is just as bad, nothing new being added to clearance and the old stuff either doesn't drop or drops $1 - $2 at the most.

It will take time but eventually one of 2 things will happen.
1) Realizing they are sitting on games that are 3 years old they will have a massive clearance (specially those sports games with 08 and 09 in the title) and clear some room for new merchandise (not necessarily video games).
2) They will sell all those older games they can't get rid of for $20 to one of those local "outlet stores" or national ones like Big Lots.
The good news is they will sell for under $10. The bad news is it will be totally YMMV. I have such a store in my area and they are selling Xbox, Wii, PS3 and PSP games for $5.99 that came from a store called "FRED MEYER". I know this because the sticker was still left on some of these items and the price on it was $19.99. Which is way too much for the Bigs 09 or the show 09 even for the PS3.............$6 might still be too much but at least it is reasonable.
Kmart and Sears will eventually have to get rid of those games as they become worthless with each passing season. Let's face it, most items in the electronics section is like produce.

[quote name='Bezerker']Didnt see any standalone games marked down but I did see the GHWT Guitar + Game Bundles for $49.97 on PS3 & 360 as well as the complete band game for PS2 for $49.97.

DJ Hero bundles were $30-40. The 360 Quick Charge Kit (hub thing with two battery slots) was $14.97.[/QUOTE]Bigger drop than normal on DJ Hero then, I think it was $60 last go round, maybe 50. 28 at my best buy though.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']Yeah it's a shame, I used to stop in KMart all the time to look for the clearance games (and buy other stuff since I was already there), now I maybe go to KMart once every 2 - 3 months. $14.99 - $19.99 clearance games are a joke, I miss the $0.97 - $4.97 games. Sears is just as bad, nothing new being added to clearance and the old stuff either doesn't drop or drops $1 - $2 at the most.[/QUOTE]

$4.97 to 9.97 is the sweet spot for me. $15 and I can just get it on Amazon/Newegg/etc. Lower than 4.97 and El Hoardo already wiped them out.

I know Sears isn't exactly making a ton of money off of us when we pick through their clearance section, but would they rather drop the games to $5 and sell 10 of them that day or keep them at $20 and sell 0 of them for eternity?

[quote name='lobito72']It will take time but eventually one of 2 things will happen.
1) Realizing they are sitting on games that are 3 years old they will have a massive clearance (specially those sports games with 08 and 09 in the title) and clear some room for new merchandise (not necessarily video games).
2) They will sell all those older games they can't get rid of for $20 to one of those local "outlet stores" or national ones like Big Lots.
The good news is they will sell for under $10. The bad news is it will be totally YMMV. I have such a store in my area and they are selling Xbox, Wii, PS3 and PSP games for $5.99 that came from a store called "FRED MEYER". I know this because the sticker was still left on some of these items and the price on it was $19.99. Which is way too much for the Bigs 09 or the show 09 even for the PS3.............$6 might still be too much but at least it is reasonable.
Kmart and Sears will eventually have to get rid of those games as they become worthless with each passing season. Let's face it, most items in the electronics section is like produce.[/QUOTE]

Heres the problem. I mentioned this about a month or so ago when I worked in the Sears Electronics department.

Its easy to say that Sears/Kmart will soon wise up and go back to clearance because games will pile up. But an odd system allows this to not happen really.

At Sears, games that do not sell for a period of time show up on a "non active inventory" report. Things that just arent selling. What happens next is that a Manager will use his own opinion to mark it down to whatever he wants. For example 4 months ago Secret Agent Clank for PSP was like 19.97 at all Sears. However it sat so long that my store marked it down to $1.97. Another Sears nearby had it down to 4.97. Another one had it for 9.97. No uniform pricing and they can be marked down any day that the manager sees fit so theres no uniform date for a drop.

So basically the old crappy games will move, but at the discretion of the Electronics Manager. So basically what you get is a YMMV crapshoot of clearance. I believe if they dont mark them down they zero out in the system and cant be sold.

So this works against Caggers in two ways. It makes it impossible to read what a store will do since its YMMV. And it will also slowly clear out old stock which wont motivate Sears to continue clearance pricing games.

I hope this whole system changes as I havent worked at Sears in a few months but thats the trend I saw.

Part of me honestly things the clearance pricing will return at some point in spring when sales slow down.

. I believe if they dont mark them down they zero out in the system and cant be sold.

im pretty sure sears policy is if it doesnt ring it up they sell if for like 85 percent off original price or something i cant remember but i know i found guitar hero world tour and it was out of system and they sold it to me for 5 bucks which wasnt bad

[quote name='shieryda']I found a huge-ass wire bin of games at the store by my office. There were literally 100 games in there, stacked in 2 layers and divided by a wooden shelf. I scanned a handful with April, May and September clearance stickers on them, and they rang up full price ($30). Bullshit, man.[/QUOTE]

yeap same here.. they took off all of the clearance stickers and pushed the games back to normal price.. even with memory cards and picture key chains

[quote name='slidecage']yeap same here.. they took off all of the clearance stickers and pushed the games back to normal price.. even with memory cards and picture key chains[/QUOTE]
I wonder if that means the lone copy of :ps3:Rainbow Six Vegas 2 at my closest Sears is back up to MSRP now as well.

I hope not. I was hoping to pick it up sometime in the spring, since it's on the old clearance pricing schedule and should drop a whole $1 a month for the next six months till it's $2-3.:lol:

What sucks at most Sears that causes games to never move is the games are locked up, but there is no indication whatsoever about the prices of any title. The Kmart near me is the same, but there are at least a few price tags.

In any other store, they'll be individually labeled.

Oh, and those annoying $9.99 and up bins at both stores, still with no prices. The only way to know is to carry every title to the scanner, if the store has one. Or ask a clerk, who never acts like they want to help anyways. Then they all ring up for $19.99 and $29.99 anyways, so you go the easy route and shop somewhere else, where the employees do work and mark each item.

[quote name='elessar123']What sucks at most Sears that causes games to never move is the games are locked up, but there is no indication whatsoever about the prices of any title. The Kmart near me is the same, but there are at least a few price tags.

In any other store, they'll be individually labeled.

Oh, and those annoying $9.99 and up bins at both stores, still with no prices. The only way to know is to carry every title to the scanner, if the store has one. Or ask a clerk, who never acts like they want to help anyways. Then they all ring up for $19.99 and $29.99 anyways, so you go the easy route and shop somewhere else, where the employees do work and mark each item.[/QUOTE]
That's what I liked MOST about my closest Sears stores is that the clearance prices were NEVER marked right, so you'd get stuff marked MSRP for $1.97 eventually and it'd keep normal shnook consumers from buying everything up.

Everything being marked right=nothing left by the time it gets to a GOOD price.

I printed out some UPCs to see if any old PS2 games dropped, some are more than MSRP:
GH Rock the 80's PS2, $49.99!
Rock Band Track Pack 1 PS2, $19.99
Guitar Hero World Tour PS2, $39.99
Rock Band 2 PS2, $19.99
Lips (360), $49.99, I guess this will never go on clearance at that store

I figured some PS2 games might be on clearance since most stores are cutting back on their PS2 game selections but that isn't happening. I also saw NHL 07 for the 360 for $29.99, it's only over 4 years old, what's the rush to put it on clearance?

bread's done
Back