Official Sears Clearance Thread II - post Sears finds/deals here

JKSonic: according to google product search, the current clearance price of Metro is $29.97. also, as posted above GDRB for 360 is still 20.

Visited a local Sears today and saw some clearance games.

Ratchet & Clank ACIT: $17.99
Shaun White Snowboarding: $11.98
The Orange Box: $14.99
Medal of Honor Airborne: $17.99

These were just a few. I think i'll wait a little longer before picking Medal of Honor Airborne up.

I saw a bunch of games with those RTV stickers at a Sears a couple of weeks ago. A few years ago there was a DS charger I wanted, it was tagged $3.97 and out of the system when scanned and was told it has to be returned and they couldn't sell it to me. They put it back in the case for sale since I saw it a few weeks later and someone else rang it up for me.

If it isn't supposed to be for sale then why put it back in the case? Or with these RTV games, why are they putting them on the sales floor with those stickers? I mean even if an employee doesn't know how clearance works, they have to realize an item with that sticker isn't supposed to be sold and shouldn't be out for sale since all it is going to do is annoy a customer if they try to purchase it and then are told it can't be sold.

When I used to do the inventories at Sears, they gave us those rtv stickers to put on the games when they scanned under a certain dollar amount. The stores your seeing these in probably just had their inventory done recently.

[quote name='snowmint']My sears has a copy of PBR. I don;t know if I should get it now or wait for the APril drop.[/QUOTE]

So there's going to be an April drop? Or are you just saying you're hoping for one...because as far as I could tell there was really no March drop...

At the few sears I visited there was definitely a march drop (20 to 15, 15 to 10, etc). The more LIKELY situation would be "since the first Friday of the month is the 1st, any drop would PROBABLY happen on the 8th". who knows, though. :)

[quote name='YoshiFan1']I saw a bunch of games with those RTV stickers at a Sears a couple of weeks ago. A few years ago there was a DS charger I wanted, it was tagged $3.97 and out of the system when scanned and was told it has to be returned and they couldn't sell it to me. They put it back in the case for sale since I saw it a few weeks later and someone else rang it up for me.

If it isn't supposed to be for sale then why put it back in the case? Or with these RTV games, why are they putting them on the sales floor with those stickers? I mean even if an employee doesn't know how clearance works, they have to realize an item with that sticker isn't supposed to be sold and shouldn't be out for sale since all it is going to do is annoy a customer if they try to purchase it and then are told it can't be sold.[/QUOTE]
Sears is trying to rebuild its reputation with bad customer service. They feel that if they can't be the best than they will be the worst. It's a bold plan.

Went to my sears and they had a small section of games that were recently marked down. A few games I actually wanted were in there, but were at like 29.97 and 34.97.

I did manage to grab the last copies of DJ Hero for both 360 and PS3 for 5 bucks each :)

They also had a few wii copies and a bunch of ps2 copies.

[quote name='callmewoof']At the few sears I visited there was definitely a march drop (20 to 15, 15 to 10, etc). The more LIKELY situation would be "since the first Friday of the month is the 1st, any drop would PROBABLY happen on the 8th". who knows, though. :)[/QUOTE]

At my store they redid stickers, but I didn't see any games which actually dropped in price (stickers were just grossly outdated). Not saying any didn't, just that I didn't see any.

My local Sears is officially dead. I used to find some good deals once in a while and I was hoping that even with this price change something good might come along.

Went in a few days ago and it was a wasteland of Wii shovelware and over MSRP games. Maybe 100 total of 360 and PS3 combined, then the rest was Wii/DS.

Looks like I won't have to make any more trips over there.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']FYI: It's $29.97 at Kmart(same company).;)[/QUOTE]

This sounds like a good deal because of the headset, is it? I haven't researched blutooth headsets recently

[quote name='Kazaganthi']This sounds like a good deal because of the headset, is it? I haven't researched blutooth headsets recently[/QUOTE]
I believe the official Sony BT headset by itself is/was $40-50, so I would say so.

Of course, if you can find a Tom Clancy's Endwar bundle at Best Buy that's an even better deal, since that bundle is only $20 there for BOTH the PS3 and 360 versions and both have the official headsets in them.;)

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I believe the official Sony BT headset by itself is/was $40-50, so I would say so.

Of course, if you can find a Tom Clancy's Endwar bundle at Best Buy that's an even better deal, since that bundle is only $20 there.;)[/QUOTE]

You know those have been long gone for ages. :shame: Of course if someone happens to find a PS3 copy for me, I will mail them a regular sealed 360 version of the game and pay shipping for both. ;)

[quote name='slowdive21']You know those have been long gone for ages. :shame: Of course if someone happens to find a PS3 copy for me, I will mail them a regular sealed 360 version of the game and pay shipping for both. ;)[/QUOTE]
You mean the same set I found for the PS3 last fall at a further off newer Best Buy?:booty: I tried the game and hated it and I couldn't stand the in-ear BT headset, so both went to GS in short order.:razz:

[quote name='callmewoof']At the few sears I visited there was definitely a march drop (20 to 15, 15 to 10, etc). The more LIKELY situation would be "since the first Friday of the month is the 1st, any drop would PROBABLY happen on the 8th". who knows, though. :)[/QUOTE]It's pretty much a sure bet that the next drop will be on the 8th and not the 1st going by Sears' past pattern over the last few years. I'll be stopping by on the first just to be sure of course.

[quote name='Stoneage']Pabst. Blue. Ribbon![/QUOTE]Hell yeah. My first thought, too.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']You mean the same set I found for the PS3 last fall at a further off newer Best Buy?:booty: I tried the game and hated it and I couldn't stand the in-ear BT headset, so both went to GS in short order.:razz:[/QUOTE]You know it's officially spring, right?

[quote name='trig']our local sears has a bunch of reduced price section but most of them has no price tag[/QUOTE]
That's when the clearance sections are good though, since otherwise if stuff was marked people would be grabbing up games and such like crazy once they saw how low some of the prices were.:whistle2:#
[quote name='jdawgg76']You know it's officially spring, right?[/QUOTE]
The weather outside around here says otherwise(14* for a low tonight:cold:).

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']That's when the clearance sections are good though, since otherwise if stuff was marked people would be grabbing up games and such like crazy once they saw how low some of the prices were.:whistle2:#).[/QUOTE]Amen, brother. I don't get people constantly complaining about price tags being wrong at stores all the time. Not that trig complained per se, just people in general who do. If those games at their stores were properly marked they would be long gone before they hit a decent price. Just follow the thread every few days. Take note of the quoted prices (ranges now for some games) and then scan the ones you're interested in or have an employee do it and if it's too expensive there just change your mind and say you thought it would be cheaper.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']The weather outside around here says otherwise(14* for a low tonight:cold:).[/QUOTE]We may hit freezing, but it was in the 80s earlier this week:cool:

I love when they get lazy. Got me DAO ultimate still on the shelf marked 59.99 for 14.99 and SSFIV still on the shelf marked 39.99 for 7.48

nvm was target, same idea though :p

[quote name='dmdragon']I love when they get lazy. Got me DAO ultimate still on the shelf marked 59.99 for 14.99 and SSFIV still on the shelf marked 39.99 for 7.48

nvm was target, same idea though :p[/QUOTE]
Same idea, different store though.:razz: I've only rarely found stuff at even 75% off at Target, whereas I've routinely found TONS of stuff at Sears/Kmart at even 90% off.

I saw 2 copies of DJ Hero marked $24.97 - Reg. 79.98 and there was a big 50% off sticker right beside the big yellow clearance tag... So I took it up to checkout and the girl told me that $24.97 was 50% off of 79.98. God damn - what do they teach kids in school these days? I just said forget it and walked out. I had my boy with me, so I didn't feel like getting a manager involved. I may have to today...

[quote name='crazedracerguy']I saw 2 copies of DJ Hero marked $24.97 - Reg. 79.98 and there was a big 50% off sticker right beside the big yellow clearance tag... So I took it up to checkout and the girl told me that $24.97 was 50% off of 79.98. God damn - what do they teach kids in school these days? I just said forget it and walked out. I had my boy with me, so I didn't feel like getting a manager involved. I may have to today...[/QUOTE]
:lol:

I've always had them tell me that those ginormous 'extra 50%' signs don't apply to games/gaming items, even if the games are in the same bin the signs are on.:roll:

But lately they've been putting the 50% off items into a seperate bin with the sign by it, so I guess ANY chance of getting some cashier to apply the 50% extra off is now nonexistent.:cry:

[quote name='crazedracerguy']I saw 2 copies of DJ Hero marked $24.97 - Reg. 79.98 and there was a big 50% off sticker right beside the big yellow clearance tag... So I took it up to checkout and the girl told me that $24.97 was 50% off of 79.98. God damn - what do they teach kids in school these days? [/QUOTE]

Isn't it amazing that they can't even do the quick math in their heads to prevent them from saying something stupid. It is shocking to me that kids are permitted to use calculators for everything now. End OT comment.

[quote name='dinovelvet']I assume there were no new drops today then...?[/QUOTE]

I just checked a couple clearance games prices on google product search at sears stores near me, and none of them dropped.

Last month, the google product prices were a day or two behind, at least at the stores near me. Green Day Rock Band was showing $9.97 on google, the same day it rang up for $4.97 at that store.

[quote name='Aziatic1']Picked up singularity from Sears for 14.97 in dover delaware[/QUOTE]On the 8th it will probably be cheaper.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']Last month, the google product prices were a day or two behind, at least at the stores near me. Green Day Rock Band was showing $9.97 on google, the same day it rang up for $4.97 at that store.[/QUOTE]I think it depends on the store as last month some stores showed the new price the same day while others still showed the old price for a while but the store had changed.

Hey all, A dude a few posts ago mentioned the Socom Confrontation Bundle with the headset at Sears. I did find one at K-mart this morning. It was 29.97. Used 10 dollar in store credit and 10 bucks of SYWR points so I was out the door with spending just over 10 bucks including tax. Worth that just for the bluetooth as I am a recent owner of a PS3. Been playing xbox since launch but never PS3..Holy cow, me likey.

[quote name='slidecage']guessing no mark downs yet for april?[/QUOTE]

Not sure, been hoping for a Metro price drop (wasn't even included in Gamestops current sale)...

[quote name='slidecage']guessing no mark downs yet for april?[/QUOTE]
I believe the markdowns happen on the first Friday of the first full week of a month if there are any markdowns.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I believe the markdowns happen on the first Friday of the first full week of a month if there are any markdowns.[/QUOTE]

That's how they used to work. But honestly, since the clearance has gone to shit I haven't noticed if that's still the pattern.

When I saw this thread resurrected in the past, my heart jumped and I thought, "Sears clearance is back!" Now when I see it I think, "The Sears Clearance thread is back."

[quote name='Josef']That's how they used to work. But honestly, since the clearance has gone to shit I haven't noticed if that's still the pattern.[/QUOTE]
Sears clearance has gone to shit and become highly YMMV as opposed to being on a regular schedule that you could practically set your watch by?

Since when? Oh wait....now I remember.:cry:

I know this is mostly YMMV these days, but as a heads up to those of us who spend a couple bucks in gas just getting to Sears, the games had APR stickers on them but had only dropped by $1. :wall:

One of the Sears by me is closing, but they dont' have any good stuff anymore. Worst of all, the inventory seems to think it's all still there, so my google product search results are filled with false hope. "Gran Turismo 5 for $23?! :wall: "

Picked up Chronicles of Riddick (PS3) for 10 bucks. AWD had it for 10.99 so I just went for the Sears copy. The shrinkwrap on the back was a little torn but the game is fine. They also had DJ Hero (PS3) coming up at 69.99, Punch Out (Wii) for 24.97, and Kung Fu Rider stayed at 19.99.

Each time I drop by my local sears the gaming area is smaller and smaller and with about half the products they had over a year ago. I guess they want their sister store, Kmart, to handle all the gaming these days. Although every single time I walk into a Kmart.......it's depressing. The stores look worse than Walmart and when you get to the electronics section, well, it leaves a lot to be desired.

I am amazed how someone in management believes a gamer will pay $20 for an old (2-3 yrs.) game and quite a bit of shovelware they have on their evergrowing "economy" section. My guess is they have been getting many of the Sears games that no one bought from those clearance bins they used to have at my store. But if no one bought them at $14.99, why do they think some "economically challenged customer" who frequents Kmart (let's face it you don't see the same crowd in Kmart you see at Target.............or the same cars in the parking lot for that matter. i feel I could get tetanus just walking through the Kmart parking lot!) will pay more for the game there than at Target or Ebay?

went today at 10am local store. NO DROPS unless it happened later in the day....

i got a B&N gift card i have 2 use by sunday so maybe check back then ... with gas 4 bucks per gallon its not worth runnin back and forth

bread's done
Back