Official Sears Clearance Thread II - post Sears finds/deals here

[quote name='godsmack13']i actually saw some working today :D[/QUOTE]

And I saw a few huddled by the TV sets waiting for that chance for a big commission ;)

Also saw:

:ps3: Brutal Legend - $4.97
:ps3: Orange Box - $13.97
:360: Singularity - $9.97
:360: Mirror's Edge - $8.97
:ds: Professor Layton and the Curious Village - $14.97
:ds: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia - $13.97
:wii: Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 - $17.97

Someone working at Sears?:shock: No wonder the world is gonna end in 2012. That's like saying good service in electronics at Kmart.;) You sure you weren't asleep and dreaming this?

Yeah right, was he helping the Easter Bunny and Santa Claus, while riding a unicorn?

Rock Band Beatles Special Value Bundle was 49.xx on PS3, the was the March drop. It didn't drop in April, I had the guy scan it for me.

I've been waiting on Persona 3 for months. My local store has the non-FES version with the art book. Was still at $50 as of two months ago. Guess I should go back and check.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Someone working at Sears?:shock: No wonder the world is gonna end in 2012. That's like saying good service in electronics at Kmart.;) You sure you weren't asleep and dreaming this?[/QUOTE]

I actually had fantastic service at a Kmart today.. :bouncy:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Someone working at Sears?:shock: No wonder the world is gonna end in 2012. That's like saying good service in electronics at Kmart.;) You sure you weren't asleep and dreaming this?[/QUOTE]

When I worked at Sears last summer in the electronics, all I did, every day was sit in front of the TV with dish network hooked up to it and watch ESPN and movies. I didnt do a damn thing.

The only thing I cared about is when someone asked about a TV because of $$$ commision. In fact for about 2 months I only sold 1 type of TV, Sharp Aquos LED. This is because Sharp paid us 100$ spiff for each one we sold so we just funneled everyone to that one TV for months.

So yeah thats the life of a Sears electronics employee in a nutshell :)

The only other useful thing I learned was everything about how the game markdowns work as well as how the Sears computer systems worked so I could exploit the transfer sale feature to get cheap games. Very valuable for cagging.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I believe the official Sony BT headset by itself is/was $40-50, so I would say so.

Of course, if you can find a Tom Clancy's Endwar bundle at Best Buy that's an even better deal, since that bundle is only $20 there for BOTH the PS3 and 360 versions and both have the official headsets in them.;)[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I finally decided to track down a copy of :ps3:SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Confrontation (Headset Bundle) at Sears. Found it at a Sears near a Best Buy I visit occasionally and I nabbed it for $21.97, awesome deal if this official blue tooth headset lasts :)

Hey Blokes, I was in Sears yesterday and found a couple great deals:

Rock Band 3 DS: $4.97

Green Day Rock Band PS3: $8.97

They had a few other good deals as well, but I think you guys covered most of them already

Sears fail today. I was getting a shirt and tie and there was a sign for an extra 25% off all games with pink tickets on them. I assumed this applied to all pink ticketed games, but it was only for items designated that was on the table with the sign, which consisted of Guitar Hero Aerosmith bundle at 70 and some crap PS2 shovelware. I thought Stranglehold was decent after the discount 9 - 25% off (2.25) would make it around 6.75 but the Electronics guy told me that games in the dump bin (which is where I found Stranglehold) was not eligible for the extra 25% because it wasn't group with the other garbage on the table. For that game, i didn't want to waste time arguing over a discount with the manager, and turns out I can get this game and even the collector's edition for even cheaper at AWD.

Oh well. I'll be back next month.

[quote name='TheHelix']Sears fail today. I was getting a shirt and tie and there was a sign for an extra 25% off all games with pink tickets on them. I assumed this applied to all pink ticketed games, but it was only for items designated that was on the table with the sign, which consisted of Guitar Hero Aerosmith bundle at 70 and some crap PS2 shovelware. I thought Stranglehold was decent after the discount 9 - 25% off (2.25) would make it around 6.75 but the Electronics guy told me that games in the dump bin (which is where I found Stranglehold) was not eligible for the extra 25% because it wasn't group with the other garbage on the table. For that game, i didn't want to waste time arguing over a discount with the manager, and turns out I can get this game and even the collector's edition for even cheaper at AWD.

Oh well. I'll be back next month.[/QUOTE]
Your Sears still has GH: Aerosmith bundles? Those were clearanced out around here months ago at around $7 a set or so.

[quote name='xDerekRx']When I worked at Sears last summer in the electronics, all I did, every day was sit in front of the TV with dish network hooked up to it and watch ESPN and movies. I didnt do a damn thing.

The only thing I cared about is when someone asked about a TV because of $$$ commision. In fact for about 2 months I only sold 1 type of TV, Sharp Aquos LED. This is because Sharp paid us 100$ spiff for each one we sold so we just funneled everyone to that one TV for months.

The only other useful thing I learned was everything about how the game markdowns work as well as how the Sears computer systems worked so I could exploit the transfer sale feature to get cheap games. Very valuable for cagging.[/QUOTE]
Wow employee of the month right there!!

Saw the 360 60GB starter kit for $74.97 today. PS3 and PS2 Band Hero super bundles for $99.97.

Some assorted crap that was mostly overpriced. (eg. some old game that's $20 everywhere else, but $33 at Sears)

Punch-Out was marked 29.99 at my Sears, but rang up as 14.97. In fact a good majority of the games I scanned were cheaper than marked. In most cases it was only a minor difference.

Also price-matched the Bambi blu-ray with the 12.99 Best Buy price (but not without the employees/manager putting up a fight first and giving me a million absurd reasons why they couldn't honor it). But they finally ended up giving it to me. I really hate having to debate with store managers to honor their own price policies.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Your Sears still has GH: Aerosmith bundles? Those were clearanced out around here months ago at around $7 a set or so.[/QUOTE]

I don't know man, YMMV right?

They were taken off clearance at some stores and raised in price to a higher clearance price at others. I got an Aerosmith bundle for $7.97 at one Sears and a few months later I saw them at another Sears that had them for $7.97 the same time I got the bundle for $7.97 at the other store and they were ringing up for $49.97

I got a few for 7.97 also a while back but could swear I got 2 ps3 bundles for 4.97 ea. The sears site said they were in stock at my local store. They searched the stockroom and never found them. I ended up buying them online for full price and returning them in store, went back the next day and bought them for 5 bucks each....yeah I know... fraud , immoral, blah blah blah wasn't worth the effort, especially the time trying to convince sears managers to comply with their posted price matching policy.

Anyway I found some cheap stuff at a Sears that I stopped going to because it dried up 8 or so months ago.
picked up
patapon 2 psp (case with online voucher) 2.97
singularity 360 9.97
saw
patapon 4.97
brutal legend ps3 8.97
boomblox bash party 10.97 ( i think)
a couple 2.97 PS2 sports games
and quite a few random 13.97 and less games with new tags (no month printed on them) that will hopefully drop in time

Last edited by a moderator:
Saw an old classic controller for 14.97 and Fire Emblem Raidant Dawn for34.97

Picked up Rock Band 3 (DS) for 4.97, trades in for 6 at Amazon.

Also picked up some a couple toys since they were additional 50% off ticketed clearance.

[quote name='TheHelix']Saw an old classic controller for 14.97 and Fire Emblem Raidant Dawn for34.97

Picked up Rock Band 3 (DS) for 4.97, trades in for 6 at Amazon.

Also picked up some a couple toys since they were additional 50% off ticketed clearance.[/QUOTE]

rock band 3 ds here was 8.97

ALL April drops were just 1.00 off marchs

For those of you that have Punch Out's:wii: for $14.97 in your area, Best Buy is currently offering $30 trade in credit for it.
Picked up 2 copies myself, sold one back to BB, also picked up the SOCOM Confrontation Bluetooth bundle:ps3: for $21.97 and Prototype:ps3: for $14.97.

[quote name='beerrun']For those of you that have Punch Out's:wii: for $14.97 in your area, Best Buy is currently offering $30 trade in credit for it.
Picked up 2 copies myself, sold one back to BB, also picked up the SOCOM Confrontation Bluetooth bundle:ps3: for $21.97 and Prototype:ps3: for $14.97.[/QUOTE]

i tried to trade it in too late... now Punch out's trade in value is $11

My Sears just dropped the price of everything in the "clearance bin" to 9.97 or less! I can't recall much since I was in a hurry but I do remember there being quite a few decent games, I remember Fallout 3 regular edition and Halo Wars for both 9.97... I'll probably go back tomorrow.

Went back today, some notables...all for $10 (9.XX)

PSP - KH: Birth by Sleep, MGS Peace Walker, ModNation and LBP

360 - Halo Wars, Singularity, Halo 3, Fallout 3 (normal), Beatles RB, Battlestations Midway

PS3 - ModNation Racers, Singularity, R & C: Tools of Destruction

Sorry I can't remember more at the moment, should have posted right when I got home.

[quote name='xDerekRx']When I worked at Sears last summer in the electronics, all I did, every day was sit in front of the TV with dish network hooked up to it and watch ESPN and movies. I didnt do a damn thing.

The only other useful thing I learned was everything about how the game markdowns work as well as how the Sears computer systems worked so I could exploit the transfer sale feature to get cheap games. Very valuable for cagging.[/QUOTE]

Hahaha, lmao. :D

[quote name='slowdive21']With the artbook? or FES?[/QUOTE]

FES. The artbook one is $50 still.

This is what it's like for me at least.

$10 bin is not in effect here sadly.

Managed to get an early peek at the clearance list for tomorrow:

xepwkp.gif

[quote name='sadakou']Managed to get an early peek at the clearance list for tomorrow:

xepwkp.gif
[/QUOTE]

Am i going blind, or is that a blank list? Lol

[quote name='BmBoWnZ']Am i going blind, or is that a blank list? Lol[/QUOTE]
if you are going blind than so am i lol

maybe it was supposed to be a joke?

[quote name='pandabox']picked up pirates of the caribbean :ps3: today for 5.97 and bakugan :ps3: for 1.97[/QUOTE]
Interesting. I've heard the POTC games are semi tolerable. For $6 I might have to give one a try.

[quote name='Donkey132']if you are going blind than so am i lol

maybe it was supposed to be a joke?[/QUOTE]

That's what I was thinking. If it's a joke, very clever, very clever :)

Hmm, not convinced that there wil be no drops tomorrow...the last couple of months have seen drops, even if they were $1 and $2. Well I'll be going in to check and scan some stuff anyway.

[quote name='sadakou']Looks like my list was 100% accurate. Hope you guys have better luck at your stores today![/QUOTE]
:lol:

My local Sears stores have been pretty devoid of clearance for a while now, but the prices lower than $10 that some have been reporting show me that not every store is listening to corporate. Thank God for that small miracle as some of the games on the current cycle are only worth $5 imo and not $10 and above.

bread's done
Back