Official Sears Clearance Thread II - post Sears finds/deals here

[quote name='dan13l858']For some reason, i picked a copy of Tony Hawk: Ride (Bundle) for 18.97 dollars and 2 copies of Patapon 2 for 1.97 dollars.[/QUOTE]
Was Ride that price for all systems? Is it fun? I'd be willing to give it a shot for $20.

[quote name='nbballard']Was Ride that price for all systems? Is it fun? I'd be willing to give it a shot for $20.[/QUOTE]

I don't play a lot of games, so this probably doesn't mean a lot, but it might be the worst game ever. Just awful.

I heard it was pretty bad too. That goes along with the fact that its a safe bet you'd never be able to get rid of the board.

@dan

Good pickup on the Patapon 2 copies though.

Went to one Sears and saw PS3 Band Hero Bundle for $50. 360 version was still $160.
Went to a different Sears and the 360 Band Hero Bundle was $40.
That's so annoying.

[quote name='Devil May Cry']I heard it was pretty bad too. That goes along with the fact that its a safe bet you'd never be able to get rid of the board.

@dan

Good pickup on the Patapon 2 copies though.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, i might give it to my nephew.

Picked up in Toms River N.J.

:ps3: Socom Confrontation Blu Tooth bundle $21.xx
:psp: 2 copies of Patapon 2 mostly for the replacement UMD cases (was downloadabe code in empty case anyway) $1.97

[quote name='nbballard']Was Ride that price for all systems? Is it fun? I'd be willing to give it a shot for $20.[/QUOTE]

Not at all. It's a big example of how to ruin a perfectly good franchise. :(

Nothing really special at the Woodlands, TX Sears worth noting, but I'll try the Memorial City one this weekend.

[quote name='Devil May Cry']Just throwing it out there again, got a :360: Singularity, looking for a :ps3: copy. Already used the Sears trade thread.[/QUOTE]

If you have BBVs around your area and don't mind used, BBV is going to have a B1G1 14.99 or under sale in about a week and Singularity (PS3) is 14.99

For anyone in the Elmira/Big Flats area of NY state, the Arnot Mall Sears has a :360: DJ Hero bundle marked $14.97. That's about the only decent clearance deal I saw when I was there today.

[quote name='doodmandood']So about two weeks ago, me and the fiancé went to Sears to check out some clearance games.

We asked an employee to open the case so we could check out a few games and he flat out told us "someone stole the only set of keys we have".

He was polite about it and apologized but it's like.. c'mon Sears..[/QUOTE]
I never understood why they had cheaper games locked up when all the new expensive games are put out in an open bin.

[quote name='TwitchyGoat']I saw Persona 3 FES ps2 for $20 it had a minor dent in the back but should I get it?[/QUOTE]

Depends on which one it was.

[quote name='shoe478']Depends on which one it was.[/QUOTE]
It was probably the regular version. I was lucky enough to find a mispriced 250GB 360 hard drive for $69.99, it was bunched with a group of the 60GB.

[quote name='jling84']Anyone find a PS3 Orange Box at their local sears by any chance? I can't find any at my local Sears.[/QUOTE]
Saw one, but it was $20.

[quote name='missingno81']Saw one, but it was $20.[/QUOTE]
I don't know if the demand for it is still there, but since Portal 2 came out the price of Orange Box has skyrocketed.;)

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I don't know if the demand for it is still there, but since Portal 2 came out the price of Orange Box has skyrocketed.;)[/QUOTE]

Depends on the definition of skyrocketing but I saw listings of $80+ for a new copy. Now you can get one for around $60. Before Portal 2 came out though, a new copy was around $40.

[quote name='jling84']Anyone find a PS3 Orange Box at their local sears by any chance? I can't find any at my local Sears.[/QUOTE]
It was $15 dollars the week before Portal 2 came out. I went and bought one. It was on the little rack they keep in the middle of the department with all the old games and budget titles like DMC4, and stuff like that.

I had to dig through the rack to find one.

[quote name='missingno81']Is there really any reason why people would hunt down a specific color ds3 controller?[/QUOTE]

because A =/= B

I went to some targets and the silver DSlites were 90 and at the same target the black ones were 110.

[quote name='missingno81']Is there really any reason why people would hunt down a specific color ds3 controller?[/QUOTE]
You'd be surprised. I've seen people on this very forum say that they 'have all of the other colors and want one of X or Y color'.

I guess I must be the only person who uses a controller till it finally breaks and THEN buys a new one.

But if the controller were to get to $9.97 I'd buy up as many as I could find for spares.;)

Now that I am the primary player, I like all my controllers to match the system, but it's nice when you are a multi-person house or are in a situation where there are a ton of people always playing locally to keep the controllers organized. You get controllers for each kid, then if they don't take care of them, then they are SOL.

It made a LOT more sense when the controls were plugged into the machines though - blue was 2, red was 3, green was 4. If was easy to figure out who was what by looking at the front of the machine. Now that they are wireless, it seems purely asthetic.

That said, gold and silver controllers suck because the paint eventually wears off funny.

I'm kind of the opposite I want my controllers to be as different from everyone else as possible. I'm more interested in the jungle green or the MLB themed white Dual Shock 3, maybe just to be able to tell them apart from my stock black DS3.

If retailers like Sears sold official controller shell kits, I'd so swap out my controller shells.

[quote name='admiralvic']because A =/= B

I went to some targets and the silver DSlites were 90 and at the same target the black ones were 110.[/QUOTE]

I tried to get the $90 silver DS Lite but my store was out (despite the online inventory indicating there was "limited inventory"). I ended up going on Craigslist and found a DSi that was like new for $85 (and the person had $20 in games purchased and installed on it) so that worked out for the best anyway.

Thought i'd point this out - a few months ago, sears clearanced out a bunch of "Soundstage" blu-rays for .97.

Amazon has them listed with TIV starting at $5 and going up to $27 (Stevie Nicks). I'm sending one in this week, i'll keep you guys updated.

[quote name='Devil May Cry']Just throwing it out there again, got a :360: Singularity, looking for a :ps3: copy. Already used the Sears trade thread.[/QUOTE]

I will be going to a Sears on Saturday (I know, its several days off still), but I will check for a PS3 copy. I could have sworn they had one. If they do, I will snag it and swap with you, as my PS3 is broken at the moment anyhow.

I know someone asked awhile ago, but Fable III was still $20 for me as of two days ago. However, it did ring up at $39.99 rather than $19.99, even though it was tagged in the case as the latter. The employee actually was pretty quick with his mind and realized it was an error without me having to say a word. It took a few minutes to get a manager over to override the price, but as long as I don't have to argue for the price, I don't mind a few minute wait.

I know Singularity has been mentioned a couple times already, but, I found two 360 copies for $8.97.

Picked one up, seems fun so far.

[quote name='dan13l858']I can't wait for the drops this weekend if it happens.[/QUOTE]

Based on past trends, I imagine drops will not be this weekend, usually the first Friday of the month, but more specifically the drops have happened between the 4th and the 10th. Sears clearance has a mind of its own lately, but past drops dictates next friday to be the day this month.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']I wish they would have made it to $0.97 near me, they sold out at $3.97 - $4.97.[/QUOTE]Wish they woulda made it to 4.97 here. All sold out at 9.97 here. Really woulda liked to have gotten the Tom Petty one.

[quote name='gnatforeva']Based on past trends, I imagine drops will not be this weekend, usually the first Friday of the month, but more specifically the drops have happened between the 4th and the 10th. Sears clearance has a mind of its own lately, but past drops dictates next friday to be the day this month.[/QUOTE]This is exactly right. Unless they buck the trend this month's drop will occur next week on the tenth instead of this week on the 3rd. It's always been never earlier than the 4th. IF they follow the trend.

[quote name='nbballard']Thought i'd point this out - a few months ago, sears clearanced out a bunch of "Soundstage" blu-rays for .97.

Amazon has them listed with TIV starting at $5 and going up to $27 (Stevie Nicks). I'm sending one in this week, i'll keep you guys updated.[/QUOTE]

Just curious as to why didn't you buy more than one? I know its morally the right thing to do and not grab everything in sight but I know plenty of people who would have cleaned out the store.

[quote name='arsenal_fan']Just curious as to why didn't you buy more than one? I know its morally the right thing to do and not grab everything in sight but I know plenty of people who would have cleaned out the store.[/QUOTE]
I bought 4 of them at the time to have replacement bluray cases. That was like 6 months ago. They are long gone now.

[quote name='Yanksfan']I will be going to a Sears on Saturday (I know, its several days off still), but I will check for a PS3 copy. I could have sworn they had one. If they do, I will snag it and swap with you, as my PS3 is broken at the moment anyhow.

I know someone asked awhile ago, but Fable III was still $20 for me as of two days ago. However, it did ring up at $39.99 rather than $19.99, even though it was tagged in the case as the latter. The employee actually was pretty quick with his mind and realized it was an error without me having to say a word. It took a few minutes to get a manager over to override the price, but as long as I don't have to argue for the price, I don't mind a few minute wait.[/QUOTE]

Just happen to see this Saturday. Any luck?

[quote name='Devil May Cry']Just happen to see this Saturday. Any luck?[/QUOTE]

You know what time you're asking that, right? :lol:

[quote name='gnatforeva']Based on past trends, I imagine drops will not be this weekend, usually the first Friday of the month, but more specifically the drops have happened between the 4th and the 10th. Sears clearance has a mind of its own lately, but past drops dictates next friday to be the day this month.[/QUOTE]

I'm aware of this. I was just wishing for early drops this June.

[quote name='Devil May Cry']Just happen to see this Saturday. Any luck?[/QUOTE]

Fable 3 is $39.99 used at BB before the 50% discount coupon

bread's done
Back